Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:26 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Dear LH lurker,
I rarely complain and have not used the lurker thread at all, but I would be grateful if you could pass on the following complaint to the appropriate departments:

Rant starts:

I have head the "pleasure" of visiting LH Senator lounges at 6 different airports in Germany this week, i.e. MUC and FRA plus 4 others. MUC and FRA were OKish, although I would wish for the lounges to have more regional stuff, such as Weisswürste at MUC. The new service concept at the other non-hub-lounges, however, is completely unacceptable; talked to several other SENs and they totally agreed. Nobody seriously complained about previous cost-cutting or taking away the champagne last year, although we did notice! But what LH did to the food selection and quality at the non-hub-lounges earlier this month is just cheap and abominable, some of the SENs I talked to mentioned that it is no longer worth being SEN. Food quality has been even further reduced, most of us thought it would not be possible but LH proved us wrong, and selection has been brought down to an absolute minimum so that it does no longer even serve as a small meal replacement if there is no time to go to a restaurant. And breakfast has been reduced to a mere joke. All of this cannot be compensated by new pots, filled with cheap soup. LH should be ashamed of how they treat what the airline itself often calls its "best customers".

Rant over.

Thank you letting those in charge know that the change is not well-received.
Dear worldclubber,
I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with our Senator lounge offers. I have forwarded your internally, thank you very much.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear worldclubber,
I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with our Senator lounge offers. I have forwarded your internally, thank you very much.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Thank you.

Just to make myself clear, as I had to go to two more SEN lounges today: I do not dislike the lounges in general, it is the changes in the food offerings that were introduced earlier this month that are so disappointing to so many of us. The “complaint book” they have at the lounges (I only learned about its existence this morning) was in hot demand this morning at the lounge in Nuernberg: I was number 4 in line, as so many people dislike the new concept.

Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Squeaks35
Hi, I am new comer to FT and very excited to discover this site. Hope somebody can help me.

Last month I booked 2 x Adult premium economy return tickets for LHR - Tokyo HND via MUC using LH website. MUC - HND is operated by ANA.
The flights are for Autumn 2019 and I paid £3,613 in total.

I discovered today that the exact same flights on the same dates will cost around £2,843 in total if booked LHR - MUC (Y class), and MUC - HND (E Class) separately from LH web site. Whopping £770 cheaper!

I am tempted to cancel my original booking even thought it will incur hefty charges and rebook separately. I think I still save some money this way.

Could you explain what is the logic behind this price difference? I am talking about the exact same flights on the same dates.
I don't understand why I am paying £770 more.

Could you also clarify if I book LHR - MUC and MUC - HND separately, do I need to pick up the luggages at MUC and check them in again for the MUC-
HDN flight? This means that I need to arrive at MUC 2 hours prior to the next flight?

Any suggestions, explanation will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I would have a suggestion - don't.

You'll run a risk of a misconnect and then your whole ticket is gone.
mmff likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by tuchop
Dear Lurkers, could you please let know your colleagues that when trying to access the F Wine List it will redirect us to a Business Class Wine page?
Thanks
Hello tuchop,
My apologies for the delayed reply, my colleagues informed me that in fact there was a change of the menu card displaying. The wine cards for Business and First Class will be added again.
In the meantime you can refer to the following pages:
https://www.lufthansa.com/de/de/menu...business-class
https://www.lufthansa.com/de/de/luft...-spitzenkoeche

Here the current Wine list can be found.

Wishing you a lovely festive season!
Isabell
tuchop likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:55 pm

Dear Lurkers,

I was meant to receive 277€ in reimbursement for incidental expenses related to a luggage delay in September. The customer service team claims the bank transfer was successful (as of mid-October), but I have not received the funds. I've verified with my bank that I provided the correct account details and they've confirmed that there is no record of such a transfer on their end. The bank has asked for the following to open an investigation on their end:

1) Date wire was sent
2) Exact amount and Currency Type (e.g., USD$, EUR, etc)
3) One of the following numbers:
-Fed Ref# - 18-22 alpha/numeric (usually starts with date 2016XXXX yyyymmdd)
-GID# (14 alpha/numeric usually starts with F,C or S.)
-Chips# (7 numeric – starts with 0 and then 6 digits)

I've now asked the customer service team to send this information several times, but am repeatedly told to contact my bank if there are any issues. Is there a way I could have this addressed? Clearly there was an issue with the transfer at some point in the process, and I'd like the bank to be able to investigate.

Thank you.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Exclamation

Two of my colleagues are travelling today GVA-FRA-BLR
Flight LH1213 was scheduled to leave GVA at 08:45 and is still on the tarmac in Geneva at 09:50 yet LH website shows the flight as on time ...
Let's see if the Star Alliance Connection Service "springs into action" this morning if needed

D-ACNG still in GVA at 09:50 today
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by asimha
Two of my colleagues are travelling today GVA-FRA-BLR
Flight LH1213 was scheduled to leave GVA at 08:45 and is still on the tarmac in Geneva at 09:50 yet LH website shows the flight as on time ...
Let's see if the Star Alliance Connection Service "springs into action" this morning if needed

D-ACNG still in GVA at 09:50 today
Hi asimha,

Sorry to hear that. Although there was some delay, it should have been possible for your colleagues to reach their longhaul flight easily.

All the best,

Markus
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Hello Lurkers,

I have a question here of sorts...
We all know LH IT is not in the best of shapes, but really, isn't this a bit much? I can't even find my booking. How would I be able to check in, change a seat, or buy extra baggage?

Honestly I'm starting to worry, if a company isn't able to maintain it's main retail and communications channel, how is it doing in all the other areas?

(wonder if the fifth Skytrax star was worth buying instead of proper IT team...)
Grog, chris63 and mmff like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Question Clarifications on Connection Service

Originally Posted by asimha
On November 28th flight LH759 out of Chennai to Frankfurt is delayed and eventually we land at 08:17 and arrive at the gate at 08:25. My connecting flight to Geneva (LH1214) is on schedule at 09:05. Fraport (paid by me) VIP service rushes me to gate B03 to catch the flight and calls ahead twice to ensure we can still make the flight. Eventually, after losing 15 min at the catastrophic security check, we arrive at gate B03 (bus service to the CRJ900 parked outside) and I am told it’s too late and that we have to exit the secure area to go to the Service Desk. They throw in a 10 EUR meal voucher (seriously??). Fine. Meanwhile no information received from LH until 08:57 when I receive a message on the LH app telling me I am rebooked on the 11:35 (LH1216) to Geneva. I now have to go to the A gates doing security again to go to gate A50.

Is this stress really necessary with a Senator status and a business class ticket and why does the Star Alliance Connection Service never actually « springs into action » ?

STAR ALLIANCE CONNECTION SERVICE

Proactive help for customers with tight connections
At selected Star Alliance hubs, customers are being helped every day when transferring from one Star Alliance member airline to another.
The Connection Service springs into action if an incoming flight is delayed. Connection Service staff monitor the transfer window for passengers with an onward flight and flag any cases where a customer and any checked bags appear at risk of missing the connection.
An alarm signals to warn them that you are on a tight schedule and that you require personal attention to ensure you and your bag make your connecting flight.
I have received clarifications from Lufthansa and from Star Alliance directly, and I guess it is my fault for not reading the marketing campaign properly.

Response from Lufthansa (I tried to clarify using Google translate but that did not work!)

We are truly sorry for not being able to clearly explain all details regarding the Star Alliance Connection Service that are not as it is described due to certain changes that may or does occur which are unforeseeable.
However, we can ensure you that we are doing our level best for our customers especially for our high valued tier status members. Your feedback is valuable to us and therefore, it has been forwarded to our Head of Management to look into this and take immediate measures for a better service our customers deserve.

Unquote

Response from Star Alliance (very clear this time)

We are sorry to hear that you often miss your connection when travelling with Lufthansa through Frankfurt Airport. At the hub airports of our member airlines, we leave it to them to assist their customers connecting on their flights as they are better placed to do so. The Star Alliance Connection Service is an additional service to assist those customers who transfer from one Star Alliance carrier to another, e.g. arriving in Frankfurt on Air India and connecting to a Lufthansa flight, as this is more complex and needs coordination beyond one carrier’s capabilities. The service will not spring into action if you fly into and out of Frankfurt on Lufthansa, as in this case Lufthansa has control over their connecting passengers.
Unquote

Thought I would share.

Happy Holidays!
Andre
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:00 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Dear LH Lurkers,

first of all I would like to wish you happy holidays! I am reaching out to you using this channel, because I am getting extremely frustrated dealing with the M&M Hotline and with M&M over the contact form. Like many others I am still suffering from several mileage crediting issues since the March switchover to the new system. There are some instances where I chase correct credit of miles since April. After submitting this issue to M&M via the Hotline (both SEN and directly via the M&M Hotline) 4 times and submitting the relevant information via the contact form twice I only get a standard response that miles can only be credited within a six months window and that this problem can be avoided if I provide my M&M number at the time of booking/travel.

Sehr geehrter Herr ...,
Ihre Flüge, Hotelaufenthalte und Autoanmietungen werden automatisch erfasst, wenn Sie Ihre Miles & More Kartennummer in der Reservierung angeben oder die Karte am Check-in vorlegen. Nachträglich können Meilen innerhalb von sechs Monaten gutgeschrieben werden. Über diesen Zeitraum hinaus ist leider keine Erfassung möglich.

Auf unserer Homepage haben wir unter > Meilen sammeln < alles Wissenswerte zu diesem Thema für Sie bereitgestellt.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ihr Miles & More Team
Which is what I did in the first place. As indicated I still have the issue of incorrect credit of a flight under the old system in April (booked in March); incorrect postings under the old system as recently as December; missing car rental mileage postings and a flight with a cash upgrade still to be adjusted / recredited.

In this particular case I booked two cash upgrades for a round trip in November. Both flights were credited only after I did request a retrocredit online under the original economy booking class and the using the old mileage system. After calling in both flights were taken out of my account ("storniert"). The outbound flight was re-credited correctly (in business class), but the return flight has not been re-credited yet for more than one month. A call to the SEN hotline did only yield the result "still pending". Frankly spoken, if the outbound segment can be corrected within a couple of days why is it seemingly impossible to correct the returning flight in a somewhat timely manner?

I am well aware of the technical issues that came along with the implementation of the new system, but still having to deal with issues (caused by this change) 8 months later is very frustrating. Getting standard text block responses that clearly don't have anything to do with addressing & solving the issue does not help to increase customer satisfaction.

Thanks,
cas_de
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Happy New Year, LH Lurkers !

Could we please have the Wine & Champagne list updated, current one is from November & we are at 6th January
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Happy New Year, LH Lurkers !

Could we please have the Wine & Champagne list updated, current one is from November & we are at 6th January
Dear chris63,

A Happy New Year for you, too!

You can find the updated Wine & Champagne list here:

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/luft...class-culinary

(Our exclusive wine selection in January).

Kind regards
Jonathan
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear chris63,

A Happy New Year for you, too!

You can find the updated Wine & Champagne list here:

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/luft...class-culinary

(Our exclusive wine selection in January).

Kind regards
Jonathan
Thanks for the reply, Jonathan

Whilst it might say it’s January’s F Wine list, it’s not
It’s from November
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by chris63

Thanks for the reply, Jonathan

Whilst it might say it’s January’s F Wine list, it’s not
It’s from November
Hey chris63,

I will check with my colleagues and will come back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Kind regards
Jonathan
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Booking Economy Light tickets and I have added bags for some of the passengers on my booking. When I reach the final step (entering CC details) there a textbox with a yellow triangel and exclamation-point together with the text "Your service selection contains unavailable service(s). (119225)", if I remove the bags this message disappears. I did some googling and this seems lika a bug in the LH system, how ever the booking system lets me enter CC details and proceed with my booking (cost for bags are added in the total) but I don't dare to proceed since I'm afraid this error message thing will screw up my booking = charging my CC and then I don't get baggage allowance I paid for.

Any advice, should I just click proceed, pay and smile?

EK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.