Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:55 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Hello LH lurkers,

I am booked to fly AMS-FRA-PVG-AKL-HKG-MUC-AMS with my 20 month old with his own seat, and I'm trying to figure out whether a car seat or a restraint system (think CARES) is absolutely mandatory on LH. The relevant page on the LH website has somewhat conflicting information:

So which is it? Can he sit in his own seat (apart from takeoff and landing) during the flight without additional hardware? I'm willing to buy a CARES as insurance, but I'd rather do without.

Thank you for any information you have!

Hello malmostoso,

I am sorry but I can't notice the conflicting information. Baby seat can be used on board to increase the passive safety of infants and children (up to about 7 years of age). Their use is entirely voluntary. If you decide not to buy an extra seat for the baby. He/she must sit on your lap during the flight.

If you want to use your own child restaint system, for babies (under 2 years), therefore, you must purchase a CHILD ticket (extra seat).

I hope, my explanation helps you.

best regards,
Sascha
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
I hope, my explanation helps you.

best regards,
Sascha
Dear Sascha, thank you so much for your reply. I'm glad to hear I don't have to have a car seat for the little terror in his seat. We look forward to our trip on LH!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:57 pm

Dear Sascha, thank you so much for your reply. I'm glad to hear I don't have to have a car seat for the little terror in his seat. We look forward to our trip on LH!

Hello malmostoso,

I just noticed that my last reply post could be misunderstandable.
If you buy a child ticket (extra seat) for your baby, you have to bring a baby seat. The baby can not sit in his own seat without it.

My apologies if it was not clearly understandable.

Best regards,
Sascha
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:05 pm

If you buy a child ticket (extra seat) for your baby, you have to bring a baby seat. The baby can not sit in his own seat without it.
Then I hope you would be so kind to report to the website team that the group "up to 7 years of age" includes the group "0-2 years of age", and therefore the page is misleading.

Thank you again for your help!

Last edited by malmostoso; Nov 20, 2018 at 11:58 am
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:14 am

Then I hope you would be so kind to report to the website team that the group "up to 7 years of age" includes the group "0-2 years of age", and therefore the page is misleading.

Thank you again for your help!
Hi malmostoso,
when you buy a seat for an infant, it is categorised as passenger type "child" (2-7 years) and all rules apply accordingly.
I will, however, forward your suggestion so the responsible department can decide wether they want to add any further information to the website.
Vanessa
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:58 am

Thank you again for the clarification Vanessa, I truly appreciate it. We look forward to our trip!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Dear LH Lurker(s),

I raised a complaint with Lufthansa some time ago, and keep getting a standard cut and paste answer.

I tried to drop bags at the desk for an LH flight at LHR that I had checked in to online, and was told that I had missed the check-in cut off time and would have to buy a new ticket. I pointed out that the app said I had another 7 minutes, and was told the app was wrong.

When I raised with Lufthansa that the app was showing the wrong check-in time, I get a cut and paste answer on why check in times exist. Whenever I ask "yes I understand this, but why was the information in the app on the check-in / baggage drop time wrong, I get exactly the same response. I have escalated, tried different ways of asking why the app information was wrong, but always the response is about the reason for check in cut offs and nothing about the app.

I don't know why they refuse to say anything about the app or even acknowledge that I had mentioned it. Do you have any way to progress this?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: M&M FTL
quick question about the lounge voucher that I can redeem as a Select Bonus: is it also valid for another person alone, or just when used together with me while entering the lounge?
can't find this info on the LH website

edit:
OK I found this on the website

Lufthansa Business Lounge voucher

This guest voucher provides access to a Lufthansa Business Lounge. It can be used for a companion travelling with you or given to a member of your family or friend.
I reedeemed the voucher in the website but nothing happens. Will I receive an email or something? How can I use it?

Last edited by raffa; Nov 27, 2018 at 6:02 am
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by raffa
quick question about the lounge voucher that I can redeem as a Select Bonus: is it also valid for another person alone, or just when used together with me while entering the lounge?
can't find this info on the LH website

edit:
OK I found this on the website[B]

I reedeemed the voucher in the website but nothing happens. Will I receive an email or something? How can I use it?

Hi raffa,
That depends on the voucher. You may transfer the Business or Senator lounge voucher to another person if you already have access to the lounge. The Lufthansa First Class Lounge voucher is valid only yourself (if you're a Senator) or for a person accompanying you, if you're a HON Circle member.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA, Flying Blue
Very confusing price structure

Hi, I am new comer to FT and very excited to discover this site. Hope somebody can help me.

Last month I booked 2 x Adult premium economy return tickets for LHR - Tokyo HND via MUC using LH website. MUC - HND is operated by ANA.
The flights are for Autumn 2019 and I paid 3,613 in total.

I discovered today that the exact same flights on the same dates will cost around 2,843 in total if booked LHR - MUC (Y class), and MUC - HND (E Class) separately from LH web site. Whopping 770 cheaper!

I am tempted to cancel my original booking even thought it will incur hefty charges and rebook separately. I think I still save some money this way.

Could you explain what is the logic behind this price difference? I am talking about the exact same flights on the same dates.
I don't understand why I am paying 770 more.

Could you also clarify if I book LHR - MUC and MUC - HND separately, do I need to pick up the luggages at MUC and check them in again for the MUC-
HDN flight? This means that I need to arrive at MUC 2 hours prior to the next flight?

Any suggestions, explanation will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Thumbs down Missed connection; is this stress really necessary ?

On November 28th flight LH759 out of Chennai to Frankfurt is delayed and eventually we land at 08:17 and arrive at the gate at 08:25. My connecting flight to Geneva (LH1214) is on schedule at 09:05. Fraport (paid by me) VIP service rushes me to gate B03 to catch the flight and calls ahead twice to ensure we can still make the flight. Eventually, after losing 15 min at the catastrophic security check, we arrive at gate B03 (bus service to the CRJ900 parked outside) and I am told its too late and that we have to exit the secure area to go to the Service Desk. They throw in a 10 EUR meal voucher (seriously??). Fine. Meanwhile no information received from LH until 08:57 when I receive a message on the LH app telling me I am rebooked on the 11:35 (LH1216) to Geneva. I now have to go to the A gates doing security again to go to gate A50.

Is this stress really necessary with a Senator status and a business class ticket and why does the Star Alliance Connection Service never actually springs into action ?

STAR ALLIANCE CONNECTION SERVICE

Proactive help for customers with tight connections
At selected Star Alliance hubs, customers are being helped every day when transferring from one Star Alliance member airline to another.
The Connection Service springs into action if an incoming flight is delayed. Connection Service staff monitor the transfer window for passengers with an onward flight and flag any cases where a customer and any checked bags appear at risk of missing the connection.
An alarm signals to warn them that you are on a tight schedule and that you require personal attention to ensure you and your bag make your connecting flight.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Squeaks35
Hi, I am new comer to FT and very excited to discover this site. Hope somebody can help me.

Last month I booked 2 x Adult premium economy return tickets for LHR - Tokyo HND via MUC using LH website. MUC - HND is operated by ANA.
The flights are for Autumn 2019 and I paid 3,613 in total.

I discovered today that the exact same flights on the same dates will cost around 2,843 in total if booked LHR - MUC (Y class), and MUC - HND (E Class) separately from LH web site. Whopping 770 cheaper!

I am tempted to cancel my original booking even thought it will incur hefty charges and rebook separately. I think I still save some money this way.

Could you explain what is the logic behind this price difference? I am talking about the exact same flights on the same dates.
I don't understand why I am paying 770 more.

Could you also clarify if I book LHR - MUC and MUC - HND separately, do I need to pick up the luggages at MUC and check them in again for the MUC-
HDN flight? This means that I need to arrive at MUC 2 hours prior to the next flight?

Any suggestions, explanation will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hallo Squeaks35,

welcome to flyertalk.

As described in your post, a reason for the price differenz could be that your booked ticket is in Premium Economy Class for out- and inbound flight and the cheaper ticket is in Economy Class on the outbound flight.
A further reason could be a different fare.

The price of the booked fare is binding and cannot be reduced in case of an later upcoming offer.

Best regards,
Sascha
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by asimha
On November 28th flight LH759 out of Chennai to Frankfurt is delayed and eventually we land at 08:17 and arrive at the gate at 08:25. My connecting flight to Geneva (LH1214) is on schedule at 09:05. Fraport (paid by me) VIP service rushes me to gate B03 to catch the flight and calls ahead twice to ensure we can still make the flight. Eventually, after losing 15 min at the catastrophic security check, we arrive at gate B03 (bus service to the CRJ900 parked outside) and I am told its too late and that we have to exit the secure area to go to the Service Desk. They throw in a 10 EUR meal voucher (seriously??). Fine. Meanwhile no information received from LH until 08:57 when I receive a message on the LH app telling me I am rebooked on the 11:35 (LH1216) to Geneva. I now have to go to the A gates doing security again to go to gate A50.

Is this stress really necessary with a Senator status and a business class ticket and why does the Star Alliance Connection Service never actually springs into action ?

STAR ALLIANCE CONNECTION SERVICE

Proactive help for customers with tight connections
At selected Star Alliance hubs, customers are being helped every day when transferring from one Star Alliance member airline to another.
The Connection Service springs into action if an incoming flight is delayed. Connection Service staff monitor the transfer window for passengers with an onward flight and flag any cases where a customer and any checked bags appear at risk of missing the connection.
An alarm signals to warn them that you are on a tight schedule and that you require personal attention to ensure you and your bag make your connecting flight.

Hello asimha,

really sorry to hear that you were affected by a delay and missed your connecting flight.
I can understand your frustration. However, I want to advise you that security controlls and gate allocation is part of the airport and cannot be influenced by the airline.

If you want to send a formal complaint, please feel free to send it to Customer Relations: [email protected].

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Sascha
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Hello asimha,

really sorry to hear that you were affected by a delay and missed your connecting flight.
I can understand your frustration. However, I want to advise you that security controlls and gate allocation is part of the airport and cannot be influenced by the airline.

If you want to send a formal complaint, please feel free to send it to Customer Relations: [email protected].

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Sascha
Thank you Sascha for your answer, unfortunately complaining to LH with whom I fly every other week serves no purpose as it has been established a long time ago that customer service is only available in the aircraft but not on the ground and more so in your very own hub at Frankfurt !!
It is also quite obvious that the Star Alliance Connection Service is purely marketing, nothing else.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Dear LH lurker,
I rarely complain and have not used the lurker thread at all, but I would be grateful if you could pass on the following complaint to the appropriate departments:

Rant starts:

I have had the "pleasure" of visiting LH Senator lounges at 6 different airports in Germany this week, i.e. MUC and FRA plus 4 others. MUC and FRA were OKish, although I would wish for the lounges to have more regional stuff, such as Weisswrste at MUC. The new service concept at the other non-hub-lounges, however, is completely unacceptable; talked to several other SENs and they totally agreed. Nobody seriously complained about previous cost-cutting or taking away the champagne last year, although we did notice! But what LH did to the food selection and quality at the non-hub-lounges earlier this month is just cheap and abominable, some of the SENs I talked to mentioned that it is no longer worth being SEN. Food quality has been even further reduced, most of us thought it would not be possible but LH proved us wrong, and selection has been brought down to an absolute minimum so that it does no longer even serve as a small meal replacement if there is no time to go to a restaurant. And breakfast has been reduced to a mere joke. All of this cannot be compensated by new pots, filled with cheap soup. LH should be ashamed of how they treat what the airline itself often calls its "best customers".

Rant over.

Thank you letting those in charge know that the change is not well-received.
chris63 likes this.

Last edited by worldclubber; Dec 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.