Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:50 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by tuchop
Dear Lurkers, could you please let know your colleagues that when trying to access the F Wine List it will redirect us to a Business Class Wine page?
Thanks
Hello tuchop,
thank you for the hint. I have forwarded it to my colleagues.
Jens
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn
Dear Lufthansa Lurker,

Am booked in the highest booking class in J for a Friday night flight late November from PVG to MUC and waitlisted (LH flight operated by LH). As Senator I assumed that LH would honour the booking guarantee touted with the Senator Status...

But speaking to the call Center I was told that the booking guarantee does not apply for certain flights where there are so many Senators that they cannnot honour this promise.

How can this be?
Hello Ziegenhorn,
it's correct that the booking guarantee may be excluded by the booking control because of a critical booking situation for some flights. We don't have any influence on this.
Jens
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
So in reality there is no booking guarantee... that is disappointing. Why would any one need a guarantee in non-critical booking situations? Would be good if this was reflected in the Marketing material about Miles & More and the shiny brochures sent out to Senators.

Disappointing nevertheless.
1flyer likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Hi Lurkers,

It seems you have incorrectly marked seats, at least I guess on partner airlines.

I've tried to book two exit rows which are marked as "Free", but I am being charged 25 EUR for them. While booking as well as in My Bookings.
Non-exit-row non-preffered went for free without issue, but I'd like to have my advertised free exit row

please see attached. I can send the PNR by message upon request.

Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Hi Lurkers,

It seems you have incorrectly marked seats, at least I guess on partner airlines.

I've tried to book two exit rows which are marked as "Free", but I am being charged 25 EUR for them. While booking as well as in My Bookings.
Non-exit-row non-preffered went for free without issue, but I'd like to have my advertised free exit row

Hi Fabo.sk,

I've forwarded the issue with screenshots to my Technical support colleagues and ask them to look into it. If you wish to receive a more timely response and immediate help, however, I recommend to give them a call to discuss your seat reservation with them: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/help-and-contact (Help with lh.com and mobile app). Doing so, they'll be able to walk through the process with you to verify the incident.

Best, Katharina
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi asimha,

I'm sorry to hear you were facing a similar issue. Have you been able to switch to a more preferable seating meanwhile? If that has not been the case, you're welcome to send us your booking details and we'll have another look at your reservation.

Best, Katharina
Thank you Katharina, unfortunately I was not able to change the seat and the flight was full ... so much for Senator status ...
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Hi Lurkers,

Hi Fabo.sk,
we heard back from the responsible department and were informed that this is a known system limitation as the seatmap indicators for Austrian's chargeable seats are not completely aligned with Lufthansa's.Unfortunately, right now there are no plans to harmonize the seat indicators so they are currently looking into building a workaround in LH.com.
Vanessa
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi Fabo.sk,
we heard back from the responsible department and were informed that this is a known system limitation as the seatmap indicators for Austrian's chargeable seats are not completely aligned with Lufthansa's.Unfortunately, right now there are no plans to harmonize the seat indicators so they are currently looking into building a workaround in LH.com.
Vanessa
Thanks for the update. A solution definitely needs to be found.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:12 pm

Hello LH lurkers,

I am booked to fly AMS-FRA-PVG-AKL-HKG-MUC-AMS with my 20 month old with his own seat, and I'm trying to figure out whether a car seat or a restraint system (think CARES) is absolutely mandatory on LH. The relevant page on the LH website has somewhat conflicting information:

A child restraint system or child car seat or baby seat can be used on board to increase the passive safety of infants and children (up to about 7 years of age). Their use is entirely voluntary.
The use of a child restraint system is, of course, free of charge. Please note, however, that the child restraint system must be attached to a passenger seat. For babies (under 2 years), therefore, you must purchase a CHILD ticket. In this case, you must bring a child restraint system for your baby (0–2 years) with you. Otherwise, the baby must sit on an adult’s lap throughout the flight despite the purchased seat.
So which is it? Can he sit in his own seat (apart from takeoff and landing) during the flight without additional hardware? I'm willing to buy a CARES as insurance, but I'd rather do without.

Thank you for any information you have!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Hello LH lurkers,

I am booked to fly AMS-FRA-PVG-AKL-HKG-MUC-AMS with my 20 month old with his own seat, and I'm trying to figure out whether a car seat or a restraint system (think CARES) is absolutely mandatory on LH. The relevant page on the LH website has somewhat conflicting information:

So which is it? Can he sit in his own seat (apart from takeoff and landing) during the flight without additional hardware? I'm willing to buy a CARES as insurance, but I'd rather do without.

Thank you for any information you have!
Did you buy a child fare or a lap infant fare? You'll need the car seat if you want him to sit on his own seat. However, if you bought the lap infant fare for children under 2 years old, your child won't have a seat. (And he or she will probably be too big for the airline bassinet as a 20 month old toddler.)
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by mmff
Did you buy a child fare or a lap infant fare?
Child fare, he has his own seat.

You'll need the car seat if you want him to sit on his own seat.
That's what I'm afraid of. There is no way in hell he will sit in a car seat for 12 hours.

Amazingly LX and OS clearly say that the car seat is optional. German laws at work? At any rate it's a major hassle.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:47 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Child fare, he has his own seat.

That's what I'm afraid of. There is no way in hell he will sit in a car seat for 12 hours.

Amazingly LX and OS clearly say that the car seat is optional. German laws at work? At any rate it's a major hassle.
Depending on the age of the kid...
From my personal experience travelling with our son:
During his first trip (3 months old) he did spent the entire flight sitting in his Maxi Cosy - to be fair that was only a quick MUC-HAM-MUC hop. When he was 15 months old we took him on a big trip MUC-HKG-SIN-DPS-SIN-FRA-GVA-MUC and he did sit in his car seat only for takeoff and landing (when there was an empty seat available). During other times he did sit in a regular plane seat / on our lap / in the bassinet. You just need to find a place to store the car seat somewhere when he's not using the car seat.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
When he was 15 months old we took him on a big trip MUC-HKG-SIN-DPS-SIN-FRA-GVA-MUC and he did sit in his car seat only for takeoff and landing (when there was an empty seat available). During other times he did sit in a regular plane seat / on our lap / in the bassinet. You just need to find a place to store the car seat somewhere when he's not using the car seat.
That has been my experience as well on SQ and NZ, in lap with his belt for takeoff and landing, on his seat for the rest of the time. It's just that the LH page has this threatening "throughout the flight" which I wouldn't want to test.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:12 am

I feel you. Perhaps he'll sit in the car seat with a toy for 3-hour stretches? In between those periods fatherly duty of walking up and down the cabin kicks in.

No clue about German laws at play here, I'd also be interested in learning more about this topic.

EDIT: My apologies to the lurkers, just noticed I hijacked their thread.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by mmff
I feel you. Perhaps he'll sit in the car seat with a toy for 3-hour stretches
3 hours! Hah! You don't know my kid!

At any rate, the German version of the website does not have the sentence "throughout the whole flight", so I'm positive the first sentence of the page ("freiwilliger basis") still applies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.