Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:33 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Hi Lurkers,

I'm looking at a Z class flex fare from DUB to TXL with an overnight connection in FRA but I may get to DUB in time to get the earlier flight to FRA which would have a same-day connection to TXL. The only reason to book a flex fare would be able to get home on the same day rather than overnighting in FRA but I wanted to confirm that I would be able to change my overnight connection to a same-day connection on a flex fare. Are you able to advise? Thanks in advance!
Hi gpb_croppers63,
if your fare allows a rebooking there won't be any problem to shorten a stopover. However, please keep in mind that as Z is a discounted class, it might not be available for a short-notice rebooking, so a fare difference might apply.
Vanessa
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi gpb_croppers63,
if your fare allows a rebooking there won't be any problem to shorten a stopover. However, please keep in mind that as Z is a discounted class, it might not be available for a short-notice rebooking, so a fare difference might apply.
Vanessa
Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I am not talking about a short-notice rebooking requiring the same fare class to be available, but the "Earlier flight on the same day" option offered at check-in. I understand that these are two different things handled in separate ways so I wanted to check that this would still be OK. To clarify, I am trying to do the following: book the 17:55 flight on day 1 to FRA connecting to the 06:15 flight on day 2 but change to the 14:00 flight on day 1 connecting to TXL on the same day. I would only know around an hour before departure of the 14:00 flight whether I would make it or not. Is that helpful?

Thanks again for your assistance!
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
However, please keep in mind that as Z is a discounted class, it might not be available for a short-notice rebooking, so a fare difference might apply.
Wait a minute: doesn't FLX and BUS fares allow free changes in the DCS checkin system if there is space in the cabin?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Wait a minute: doesn't FLX and BUS fares allow free changes in the DCS checkin system if there is space in the cabin?
That's what I understood too Oliver. I have asked Vanessa for clarification.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:36 am

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I am not talking about a short-notice rebooking requiring the same fare class to be available, but the "Earlier flight on the same day" option offered at check-in. I understand that these are two different things handled in separate ways so I wanted to check that this would still be OK. To clarify, I am trying to do the following: book the 17:55 flight on day 1 to FRA connecting to the 06:15 flight on day 2 but change to the 14:00 flight on day 1 connecting to TXL on the same day. I would only know around an hour before departure of the 14:00 flight whether I would make it or not. Is that helpful?

Thanks again for your assistance!

Hi gpb_croppers63,
thanks for clarifying, sorry for the misunderstanding!
The possibility to change a flight in FLX and BUS fares within the Check-in process free of charge only applies to changes to earlier flights on the same day. So it's not possible to rebook to a flight on the day before.
Vanessa
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:47 am

Hi gpb_croppers63,
thanks for clarifying, sorry for the misunderstanding!
The possibility to change a flight in FLX and BUS fares within the Check-in process free of charge only applies to changes to earlier flights on the same day. So it's not possible to rebook to a flight on the day before.
Vanessa
Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for the clarification. So I would be able to change the DUB-FRA flight to earlier on the same day but would still have to overnight in FRA, correct?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:10 am

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for the clarification. So I would be able to change the DUB-FRA flight to earlier on the same day but would still have to overnight in FRA, correct?
Yes, that's correct. You can rebook to any earlier flight on the same day.
Vanessa
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:24 am

Yes, that's correct. You can rebook to any earlier flight on the same day.
Vanessa
Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for the clarification. That unfortunately renders the Flex fare rather pointless for me in this case, as the main aim was to get back home a night earlier if I arrive in DUB in time for the 14:00 flight. There's not much point in me staying over in FRA for an extra 4 hours if I won't be allowed to change the connecting flight from the following day despite it being on one ticket. That's a real shame but I guess that my situation is not common enough to make it worth changing the rules. Thanks again for your help though even if the answer wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:17 am

Suggestion: Stop making the connection between LH 163 & LH 404 tighter and tighter each year, or add a ~13:00h LEJ to FRA flight as there is a huge gap from 10:35 to 15:15.

In 2010 LH 1107 was scheduled for 14:50
In 2015 LH 163 was scheduled for 14:55, Landing 15:55. LH 404 was scheduled for 17:10
In 2016 LH 163 was scheduled for 15:00, Landing 15:55. LH 404 was scheduled for 17:10
In 2017 LH 163 was scheduled for 15:15, landing 16:10. LH 404 was scheduled for 17:10
In 2018 LH 163 was scheduled for 15:15 and was 20 minutes late leaving. LH 404 was scheduled for 17:10

In 2018 you stranded me in Frankfurt on the Wednesday night with 2 people I'd recommended Lufthansa to, you stranded a bunch more people I know the day before.
In 2017 we made a mad dash from LH 163 to LH 404 via a special bus & security line and just made it.

Need to put back that 15-25 minutes in the connection.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by sgolby
Suggestion: Stop making the connection between LH 163 & LH 404 tighter and tighter each year, or add a ~13:00h LEJ to FRA flight as there is a huge gap from 10:35 to 15:15.

In 2010 LH 1107 was scheduled for 14:50
In 2015 LH 163 was scheduled for 14:55, Landing 15:55. LH 404 was scheduled for 17:10
In 2016 LH 163 was scheduled for 15:00, Landing 15:55. LH 404 was scheduled for 17:10
In 2017 LH 163 was scheduled for 15:15, landing 16:10. LH 404 was scheduled for 17:10
In 2018 LH 163 was scheduled for 15:15 and was 20 minutes late leaving. LH 404 was scheduled for 17:10

In 2018 you stranded me in Frankfurt on the Wednesday night with 2 people I'd recommended Lufthansa to, you stranded a bunch more people I know the day before.
In 2017 we made a mad dash from LH 163 to LH 404 via a special bus & security line and just made it.

Need to put back that 15-25 minutes in the connection.

Hello sgolby,
the minimum connecting time for these two flights is calculated with 45 minutes. As long as this connecting time is met, this flight pair will be offered for sale.
If you're having the impression that the connection is too tight for you, then I recommend that you book an earlier flight – for example the flight leaving Leipzig at 1.15 p.m. or 1.10 p.m. (depending on the day of travel). This flight is already existing in the summer timetable 2018. For the coming winter timetable LH163 will depart at 2.10 p.m. or 2.15 p.m. I hope this information helps.
Jens
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:28 am

Dear Lufthansa Flyertalk Team,

On 9/4 my flight FRA-TRN was cancelled due to technical reasons (confirmed by LH check-in FRA). As I had a time critical meeting that I would miss if I took the next TRN flight, I was kindly re-reouted to MXP with the offer of taking a rental car to TRN for my meeting which would be reimbursed by LH.
Both the lady at check-in in FRA, as well as then SEN Hotline confirmed that I could take a rental car in MXP and that LH would reimburse. I asked both the lady at check-in, as well as the SEN Hotline to make sure this remark is filed in my PNR (or whatever system).
I was told to contact Customer Relations using the Feedback form to send the invoice for the rental car for reimbursement, which I did on 9/7.

To date I have not had any response to my request, other than "we're sorry, this is taking time...."

Is there anything you can do to help?

Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:20 am

Hi mmff,
sorry, I don't.
Once the responsible department has replied to us, we will let you know.
Vanessa
​​​​​​Any news on this?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by FS_FRA
Dear Lufthansa Flyertalk Team,

On 9/4 my flight FRA-TRN was cancelled due to technical reasons (confirmed by LH check-in FRA). As I had a time critical meeting that I would miss if I took the next TRN flight, I was kindly re-reouted to MXP with the offer of taking a rental car to TRN for my meeting which would be reimbursed by LH.
Both the lady at check-in in FRA, as well as then SEN Hotline confirmed that I could take a rental car in MXP and that LH would reimburse. I asked both the lady at check-in, as well as the SEN Hotline to make sure this remark is filed in my PNR (or whatever system).
I was told to contact Customer Relations using the Feedback form to send the invoice for the rental car for reimbursement, which I did on 9/7.

To date I have not had any response to my request, other than "we're sorry, this is taking time...."

Is there anything you can do to help?

Thanks!

Dear FS_FRA,
you have taken all necessary steps to request your reimbursement by submitting your details and the relevant invoice to Customer Relations. If you received a Feedback ID, you can rest assured that a case has been opened and registered. You are most welcome to send me your feedback ID and I will try my best to help from here.
Best regards,
Isabell
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by mmff
​​​​​​Any news on this?
Dear mmff, I have requested an up-date from my colleagues. Hopefully we will have the required information for your soon. Best regards, Isabell
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Hi Oliver,

from November 1st until the end of January 2019, Lufthansa will operate a regular A319, a short-haul aircraft with 22 seats in Business Class and 72 seats in Economy Class.
Lufthansa will offer a block of 3 seats for each Business Class passenger to relax on board.
Business Class customers will be offered Inflight Entertainment Vouchers enabling free WLAN download of movies on their own devices.
Economy Class passengers will find a wide range of magazines on board.
Meal service represents the usual Lufthansa longhaul service: In Business Class two meal services will be offered with a choice of Western and Indian menus. In Economy Class there will be two meal services as well with an Indian food choice.

Best,
Vanessa
Dear Lurkers,
it seems PNQ is now again operated by wetleased Privatair aircraft?
Regards Oliver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.