Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:59 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by mmff
[JOKE]
Perhaps the solution is for you to call every other day and change seats for all passengers. Then hang up and call again to re-select the original seats. You can make it your after-breakfast morning ritual on Saturdays, Mondays and Wednesdays.
[/JOKE]
I prefer to spend my time on other things than playing seat assignment ping pong, but even if I try to modify the seats online I get hit with a fee for the seat assignments to I don't want to make any changes to the seats online because it would hit my CC. Despite the fact what the lurkers are telling me here that I am supposed to get the seat assignments for free. It is really frustrating.

The main reason for us to get a preferred seat is because of a 1:30h transfer in FRA, having to head from A to B with a child. Therefore I want to get off the incoming flight as quickly as possible.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Please see my post today about mistagged luggage from FCT.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Wanted to drop a note about the lounge in Amsterdam (Aspire Lounge). Arrived there last week to find a long line of passengers (out the door) with a single lounge agent processing incoming passengers. Shouldn't be a problem... except every single one of them was priority pass! We had to wait while they had their cards scanned, payment calculated (many were in groups of two or three with families and children), and receipts signed. Two people in line were trying to gain access without their PP card, which caused more discussion and hold up.

Passengers with a valid boarding pass (only me) were left waiting and it took just under 10 minutes to get into the lounge. The other attendant was apparently on their break.

I mention this because I'm assuming LH is paying for lounge access, and their passengers can get a pretty raw deal at times. My suggestion would be a double queue - one line for priority pass, the other for those with valid boarding passes (which only take a second to scan and the passenger can proceed).
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:13 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Wanted to drop a note about the lounge in Amsterdam (Aspire Lounge). Arrived there last week to find a long line of passengers (out the door) with a single lounge agent processing incoming passengers. Shouldn't be a problem... except every single one of them was priority pass! We had to wait while they had their cards scanned, payment calculated (many were in groups of two or three with families and children), and receipts signed. Two people in line were trying to gain access without their PP card, which caused more discussion and hold up.

Passengers with a valid boarding pass (only me) were left waiting and it took just under 10 minutes to get into the lounge. The other attendant was apparently on their break.

I mention this because I'm assuming LH is paying for lounge access, and their passengers can get a pretty raw deal at times. My suggestion would be a double queue - one line for priority pass, the other for those with valid boarding passes (which only take a second to scan and the passenger can proceed).
Dear LHR/MEL/Europe FF,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a feedback. I have forwarded it internally.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers,
sorry to piggyback on the preffered seat situation:

1. Last week my family and I (SEN+3) were booked in X on a mid haul (CAI-FRA) flight and it was not possible to change seat reservations to the preffered zone without the app or website asking for money. During seat selection it said 'free of charge', but when saving the selection it bought up a screen asking me to pay money. I declined to pay and tried to get the seats during online checkin. We managed to improve from row 19 to 12, which at the airport improved further to row 8 automatically as someone must have moved the curtain and altea actually got the theoretical seating right

2. I'm flying to VIE for work on Oct 7-9 and our corporate TA booked me in Eco Classic, which means I should have access to the 'preffered zone' for free as SEN. Website wants 17€ for the seat assignment. Exit row shows as free if selected, but if I save my selected seat it wants 25€.

Has the SEN/HON in Eco Classic/ mid haul waiver logic not been implemented in the system?

Regards Oliver
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear Lurkers,
sorry to piggyback on the preffered seat situation:

1. Last week my family and I (SEN+3) were booked in X on a mid haul (CAI-FRA) flight and it was not possible to change seat reservations to the preffered zone without the app or website asking for money. During seat selection it said 'free of charge', but when saving the selection it bought up a screen asking me to pay money. I declined to pay and tried to get the seats during online checkin. We managed to improve from row 19 to 12, which at the airport improved further to row 8 automatically as someone must have moved the curtain and altea actually got the theoretical seating right

2. I'm flying to VIE for work on Oct 7-9 and our corporate TA booked me in Eco Classic, which means I should have access to the 'preffered zone' for free as SEN. Website wants 17€ for the seat assignment. Exit row shows as free if selected, but if I save my selected seat it wants 25€.

Has the SEN/HON in Eco Classic/ mid haul waiver logic not been implemented in the system?

Regards Oliver
Hello Oliver,
it is correct that SEN card holders are exempt from a chargeable ASR (except on a Light Fare ticket). Could it be possible be that your flight is booked on a code-shared number? May I recommend that you give the Senator Service a call to get assistance with the seating you prefer at no charge.
Best regards, Isabell
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:37 am

Arrow Rules for award specials on ticket changes

Dear LH Team,

I recently booked a ticket from Munich to Geneva under your current Miles & More "Experience Europe from a new perspective" promotion for 5x award miles.
The booking was made before August 31st and I will travel in the noted travel period as well, so this should be eligible for the bonus. Of course I registered for the promotion first.

However, it might be that I will have to change my flight to a few days later. This is generally no problem as I have a flex ticket and this still falls in the travel period, however I will only know in two weeks, which means it is before the booking deadline of August 31st.

Here's my question: For this promotion (and probably in general) does the originally booked date of travel, or the change of booking date count for if/how the bonus is applied?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by esseff
Dear LH Team,

I recently booked a ticket from Munich to Geneva under your current Miles & More "Experience Europe from a new perspective" promotion for 5x award miles.
The booking was made before August 31st and I will travel in the noted travel period as well, so this should be eligible for the bonus. Of course I registered for the promotion first.

However, it might be that I will have to change my flight to a few days later. This is generally no problem as I have a flex ticket and this still falls in the travel period, however I will only know in two weeks, which means it is before the booking deadline of August 31st.

Here's my question: For this promotion (and probably in general) does the originally booked date of travel, or the change of booking date count for if/how the bonus is applied?

Dear esseff,

Do you have a link to the promotion? I will contact the relevant colleagues for you and check with them the rebooking conditions. Ideally also send us your respective booking code in a private message, as this will help to assist with your question.

Thanks and best regards,
Nigjar
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:02 am

This is a bit more difficult as I cant seem to find the promotion on the Miles & More website, however it is available in the Miles & More app. Potentially a regional deal for Munich/Frankfurt region? I have attached a couple screenshots from the app.

Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Its very well hidden.

M&M.com->earn miles->Flights->Lufthansa->other offers from this partner

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:12 am

Its very well hidden.

This is a bit more difficult as I cant seem to find the promotion on the Miles & More website, however it is available in the Miles & More app. Potentially a regional deal for Munich/Frankfurt region? I have attached a couple screenshots from the app.

Its very well hidden.

Hello esseff, hello Oliver2002

Thank you for providing the information. I forwarded the question to the responsible department. We´ll let you know as soon as we receive a reply.

Best regards,
Nigjar
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:47 am

Dear LH Team,

Hi again, esseff,

we have just received news that the date relevant for the accrual of 5 x award miles is the date of the ticket issue. The rebooking date will not need to be before booking deadline Aug 31st. I would suggest however to keep an eye on the accrual. Should you notify a lesser mileage amount than offered in the promotion, you're welcome to let us know.

Best regards, Katharina
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:14 am

Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:20 pm

Dear Lurkers,

I wish to benefit from the Economist promotion at Miles & More (India) below but the link "To the offer" does not work. Can you please ask the M&M IT team to fix it?

Thanks!

Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by mmff
Dear Lurkers,

I wish to benefit from the Economist promotion at Miles & More (India) below but the link "To the offer" does not work. Can you please ask the M&M IT team to fix it?

Thanks!

Dear mmff,
I have tried it myself and the offer for the "Economist" opends in a new pop-up. Do have installed a pop-up blocker?
Jens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.