Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old May 17, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi gpb_croppers63,

no reason to turn crazy. The offline service charge for tickets within Europe, booked in Germany, is EUR30 (worldwide EUR45). It doesn't matter what booking class you choose or whether the flight is booked as a oneway or roundtrip.

Best regards, Katharina
Hi Katharina,

Thanks so much for the quick reply. That's really helpful. 2 follow-up questions:

1. Would it be possible to get this information added to the LH website so that others don't have to go crazy?
2. Is there any chance of getting the fee waived for this, as there's absolutely no way to do it online on the LH website?

Thanks again!
Old May 17, 2018, 5:57 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Hi Katharina,

Thanks so much for the quick reply. That's really helpful. 2 follow-up questions:

1. Would it be possible to get this information added to the LH website so that others don't have to go crazy?
2. Is there any chance of getting the fee waived for this, as there's absolutely no way to do it online on the LH website?

Thanks again!
Hello again,

1. I assume the amount is not mentioned seperately as passengers are shown the charge during the booking process. However, I'll ask to have this information added to our website elsewhere, too.
2. There won't be any waive of the charge. Possibilities during the online booking process are limited due to technical limitations and we can't offer all options that are available via phone.

Best, Katharina
Old May 17, 2018, 6:43 am

Hello again,

1. I assume the amount is not mentioned seperately as passengers are shown the charge during the booking process. However, I'll ask to have this information added to our website elsewhere, too.
2. There won't be any waive of the charge. Possibilities during the online booking process are limited due to technical limitations and we can't offer all options that are available via phone.

Best, Katharina
Hi Katharina,

Thanks again for the quick response. I guessed that a waiver wasn't possible. I still find that rather cheeky when it's impossible to make the required booking online but if those are the rules, I have to either play along or choose not to.

I am however a little confused about your answer to my first question. How can a passenger be shown a charge during the booking process if they can't book it online and have to call? Or do you mean that passengers are advised of the charge by the call centre when booking and can choose whether to accept it or not make the booking? I am grateful that you will try to get the information put online, as it really helps to make an informed choice if one knows how much extra one is going to have to pay to make a "complicated" booking by phone when planning a trip.

Thanks once again for your help and support.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: Miles and More
I got a refund on my flight but I was not told how long it would take to show up on my account.
Old May 18, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Dear LH Lurkers @LufthansaGermanAirlines wondering why miles sometimes post in 2 days and sometimes never post until claimed ?
This year I have taken over 40 flights with LH and LX and for every single flight one has to monitor the posting and often wait 14 days to claim.
Is my travel Agent doing something wrong in my bookings; SEN + M&M membership are always mentioned on the BP's?
Thanks!
Andre
Old May 18, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, Lufthansa FTL, KrisFlyer Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by asimha
Dear LH Lurkers @LufthansaGermanAirlines wondering why miles sometimes post in 2 days and sometimes never post until claimed ?
This year I have taken over 40 flights with LH and LX and for every single flight one has to monitor the posting and often wait 14 days to claim.
Is my travel Agent doing something wrong in my bookings; SEN + M&M membership are always mentioned on the BP's?
Thanks!
Andre
I also have this problem! You have to monitor the flight segments credited very carefully as well. I have a recent flight (see post above) that shows up on my M&M account as an entry, but without any miles and without the corresponding flight segment. Very frustrating! I also notice that miles rarely post if you have upgraded one leg in cash, even though my status is on the BP.
asimha likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Hi Katharina,

Thanks again for the quick response. I guessed that a waiver wasn't possible. I still find that rather cheeky when it's impossible to make the required booking online but if those are the rules, I have to either play along or choose not to.

I am however a little confused about your answer to my first question. How can a passenger be shown a charge during the booking process if they can't book it online and have to call? Or do you mean that passengers are advised of the charge by the call centre when booking and can choose whether to accept it or not make the booking? I am grateful that you will try to get the information put online, as it really helps to make an informed choice if one knows how much extra one is going to have to pay to make a "complicated" booking by phone when planning a trip.

Thanks once again for your help and support.
Hi there, again,

my bad, I admit that my last answer wasn't relly thought-out. Of course, as there is no service fee for online bookings, it will not be shown during the sales process. However, most passengers are aware of the difference
in pricing when booking via the Service Center. Sales agents also advise about it.

In regards to your suggestion to add information about the offline service charge to our website, I've forwarded that request as promised.

Have a great day,
Katharina
Old May 18, 2018, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by uglyraed
I got a refund on my flight but I was not told how long it would take to show up on my account.
Hello uglyraed,
Please note that it may take a while until a refund is reflected on your statement after it's been completely processed.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old May 18, 2018, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by asimha
Thanks!
Andre
Originally Posted by angelats
I also have this problem! You have to monitor the flight segments credited very carefully as well. I have a recent flight (see post above) that shows up on my M&M account as an entry, but without any miles and without the corresponding flight segment. Very frustrating! I also notice that miles rarely post if you have upgraded one leg in cash, even though my status is on the BP.
Hello asimha, hello angelats,
I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties with the mileage creditation. If the Miles & More number is registered in the booking, miles should be automatically credited within 14 days from the flight date. Since we don't have any information about current issues with this procedure, I recommend that you contact Miles & More and ask them to have a look at one of the bookings to which this happened, so they can verify if the Miles & More number was correctly entered.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
asimha likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 4:36 am

Hi there, again,

my bad, I admit that my last answer wasn't relly thought-out. Of course, as there is no service fee for online bookings, it will not be shown during the sales process. However, most passengers are aware of the difference
in pricing when booking via the Service Center. Sales agents also advise about it.

In regards to your suggestion to add information about the offline service charge to our website, I've forwarded that request as promised.

Have a great day,
Katharina
Hi Katharina,

No problem at all. I just wondered what I was missing. Thanks for forwarding the request to add it to the website, that would be really helpful!

Have a great weekend.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: M&M HON**, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, HHonors Dia, DL PM, Accor Platinum, Sixt Diamond
I have the same problem and contacting Miles and More has not helped frankly.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: LH-SEN, BA-G, HH-Diamond, PC-Diamond, Marriot-G
Careful | LH uses old M&M rules for cancelled flights

Hello fra_muc,
please contact my colleagues of Miles & More. They can check what has happened by checking all your details.
Jens
I did, and they confiemd it is a known error of the system: so whenever LH cancels my flights, LH uses the old rules and credits fewer miles; and I have to contact M&M in every instance to have that corrected.

I guess we are lucky that LH does not run a core banking system - that type of kind of debiting would be a lot more worrysome.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers @LufthansaGermanAirlines,

I could do with some help: Flew MXP-FRA on LH255 last week Wednesday (16 May) when FRA suffered all day from IT problems. My checked bag never made it, or got lost somewhere in the chaos at FRA... I put a claim in at the airport, and have heard nothing since...

Other than receiving a SMS with a non-functioning link asking me to fill in a content list, I got no call or status update from LH.

The luggage tracing website continues to show "we're still looking".... I called a few times, but it seems the people there just check the same website. Finally on Saturday I had someone send me the content list to fill in, which I did and sent off to [email protected]

Since then, agin complete silence from LH.

Is there anything you can do to help shed light on this? I can PM the incident number if that helps?

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2018, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by FS_FRA
Dear Lurkers @LufthansaGermanAirlines,

I could do with some help: Flew MXP-FRA on LH255 last week Wednesday (16 May) when FRA suffered all day from IT problems. My checked bag never made it, or got lost somewhere in the chaos at FRA... I put a claim in at the airport, and have heard nothing since...

Other than receiving a SMS with a non-functioning link asking me to fill in a content list, I got no call or status update from LH.

The luggage tracing website continues to show "we're still looking".... I called a few times, but it seems the people there just check the same website. Finally on Saturday I had someone send me the content list to fill in, which I did and sent off to [email protected]

Since then, agin complete silence from LH.

Is there anything you can do to help shed light on this? I can PM the incident number if that helps?

Thanks!
Dear FS_FRA,
I'm sorry to hear that your baggage is delayed. Please PM me the incident number. While I can't promise anything, I will be happy to ask my colleagues about it.Thank you!
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old May 30, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: LH SEN
Dear FS_FRA,
I'm sorry to hear that your baggage is delayed. Please PM me the incident number. While I can't promise anything, I will be happy to ask my colleagues about it.Thank you!
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Thanks Heliosa - to date still nothing... I'm told they suspect the baggage tag was torn off; so now the bag will go to some "central warehouse" where they will manually search for it.... not holding my breath. When can I put in a claim for compensation of losses?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.