Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
@LufthansaGermanAirlines:
It seems like you guys are sitting between a rock and hard place. People post here hoping for the best and you seem to have no way of flagging their requests for expedited handling, immediate callback or something else that would help the customer. I think you should raise that within your organization, because as it is, I don't see much value-add here both for you and for the LH customers.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:09 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by SunshineStay
@LufthansaGermanAirlines:
It seems like you guys are sitting between a rock and hard place. People post here hoping for the best and you seem to have no way of flagging their requests for expedited handling, immediate callback or something else that would help the customer. I think you should raise that within your organization, because as it is, I don't see much value-add here both for you and for the LH customers.

Hello SunshineStay,
it is correct that we are not able to expedite the handling of Customer Relation cases or to arrange an immediate call back from our colleagues in the Service Center (or Customer Relations).
But that's not what we're here for. As you can see in our opening post, this is not a channel to escalate Customer Relations queries or booking related enquiries. If you have a specific Customer Relations / Service Center issue that needs to be handled, then please use your usual Lufthansa contacts. We're happy to hear your opinions, suggestions and assist with (general) questions. We try to help you with your questions and if we dont know the answer right away then we will try to get the information as fast as possible. If this has no value for you, it's up to you what you make of it.
Jens
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello SunshineStay,
it is correct that we are not able to expedite the handling of Customer Relation cases or to arrange an immediate call back from our colleagues in the Service Center (or Customer Relations).
But that's not what we're here for. As you can see in our opening post, this is not a channel to escalate Customer Relations queries or booking related enquiries. If you have a specific Customer Relations / Service Center issue that needs to be handled, then please use your usual Lufthansa contacts. We're happy to hear your opinions, suggestions and assist with (general) questions. We try to help you with your questions and if we don’t know the answer right away then we will try to get the information as fast as possible. If this has no value for you, it's up to you what you make of it.
Jens
In this spirit, I think a number of FTers would like you to hear them when they say that Customer Relations takes far too long to resolve a good number of issues, especially those involving EU 261. The impression is that LH shows a lack of respect by stalling. This contrasts with LH's self-proclaimed 5* service. It should be possible for LH to make decisions, favorable or unfavorable, rather than to rely on customer frustration and/or forgetfulness. It's insulting to think LH is simply waiting until the personal pain/frustration threshold is surpassed.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Hello SunshineStay,
But that's not what we're here for. As you can see in our opening post, this is not a channel to escalate Customer Relations queries or booking related enquiries. If you have a specific Customer Relations / Service Center issue that needs to be handled, then please use your usual Lufthansa contacts. We're happy to hear your opinions, suggestions and assist with (general) questions. We try to help you with your questions and if we dont know the answer right away then we will try to get the information as fast as possible. If this has no value for you, it's up to you what you make of it.
Jens
Hey Jens, fair point. May I suggest that you ask a moderator to add a sticky section to the top of this thread, where that is specifically noted. I'm probably not the only one, who didn't read your initial posting in this thread.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
Found another misleading promotion on the Miles and More website, If I try to book a hotel with the site in English I get a popup saying I will earn 13k miles with my first hotel booking BUT the site in German says you will earn " up to" 13k miles with your hotel booking. Contacted Miles and more "service" ... they said that there is nothing they can do. For those wondering what the promo is... you have to spend 1200 to get the 13k miles

Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Dear lurkers,
please could you remind your colleagues that yet AGAIN they forgot to refresh the F Wine List & currently your displaying Februarys & its March 5 😊
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Dear lurkers,
please could you remind your colleagues that yet AGAIN they forgot to refresh the F Wine List & currently your displaying Februarys & its March 5 😊
Hi chris63, Sorry for the inconvenience and Thanks for the hint! I just forwarded this to my colleagues to have them look into this. In the meantime, these are the wines served in our First Class in March and April:

White wine:

2015 Deidesheimer Kieselberg
Riesling Erste Lage, winery
Bassermann-Jordan, Germany

2015 Graf Sauvignon, Meran winery, Italy

2016 Albario, Rias Baixas DO,
Pazo de Rubianes, Spain

2015 Kalkstein Chardonnay,
Knstler winery, Germany

Red wine:

2013 Aurelio Maremma Toscana
DOC, Tenuta Val delle Rose, Italy

2011 Somontano Reserva DO,
Enate, Spain

2012 Stellenbosch Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot, Camberley, South Africa

2008 Ch teau Laroze, Saint-Emilion
Grand Cru Class, France

Regards, Maria
ToddSpam likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi chris63, Sorry for the inconvenience and Thanks for the hint! I just forwarded this to my colleagues to have them look into this. In the meantime, these are the wines served in our First Class in March and April:

White wine:

2015 Deidesheimer Kieselberg
Riesling Erste Lage, winery
Bassermann-Jordan, Germany

2015 Graf Sauvignon, Meran winery, Italy

2016 Albario, Rias Baixas DO,
Pazo de Rubianes, Spain

2015 Kalkstein Chardonnay,
Knstler winery, Germany

Red wine:

2013 Aurelio Maremma Toscana
DOC, Tenuta Val delle Rose, Italy

2011 Somontano Reserva DO,
Enate, Spain

2012 Stellenbosch Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot, Camberley, South Africa

2008 Ch teau Laroze, Saint-Emilion
Grand Cru Class, France

Regards, Maria
Many thanks, Maria for your assistance, however I think quite a few of us are keen to know which Champange Lufthansa is offering its First Class passengers in March & April ?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:52 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Hello cas_de,
If you have a code-share flight on your booking, it may indeed not be possible to reserve a seat or other special services due to technical difficulties. If my colleagues from the Service Center are unable to make a seat reservation, please try reserving your seat during check-in. Should you not be able to find seats together at the online check-in, I recommend you to contact my colleagues at the airport, or also my crew colleagues once you have boarded; I'm sure they will do their best to assist you.
I have forwarded your question regarding child meals reservation and will get back to you as soon as I receive an answer.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Hi,

it's been a while and our flight is getting closer. Is there a word regarding the availability of a child meal on the route FAO-MUC?

Thanks,
cas_de
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by chris63

Many thanks, Maria for your assistance, however I think quite a few of us are keen to know which Champange Lufthansa is offering its First Class passengers in March & April ?
Hi again, chris63,

most certainly! Here's the Champagne served:

2003 Cuve Louise, Champagne
Pommery, Frankreich (March 2018)

1995 Blanc des Millnaires,
Champagne Charles Heidsieck,
Frankreich (April 2018)

I hope that you will find the updated menu online very soon. The issue has been raised by Maria just yesterday.

Best regards,
Katharina
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
Hi,

it's been a while and our flight is getting closer. Is there a word regarding the availability of a child meal on the route FAO-MUC?

Thanks,
cas_de
Hi cas_de,

I'm not sure whether I have any valuable, new advice for you. Generally, special meals (such as child meals) in Business class are offered on flights with a duration of 75 minutes and longer and quoted information by the SEN-Hotline is not correct. Nevertheless, just as you are unable to request seats on a codeshare flight, you might not have the option to request a special meal online. This has been mentioned in Heloisa's answer already. Still, you are welcome to send us your booking code in a PN as I'm willing to have another look at the option.

Best, Katharina
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi again, chris63,

most certainly! Here's the Champagne served:

2003 Cuve Louise, Champagne
Pommery, Frankreich (March 2018)

1995 Blanc des Millnaires,
Champagne Charles Heidsieck,
Frankreich (April 2018)

I hope that you will find the updated menu online very soon. The issue has been raised by Maria just yesterday.

Best regards,
Katharina
Many thanks Katharina!

Let me also add that I think those are excellent choices 👍
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:43 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Hi cas_de,

I'm not sure whether I have any valuable, new advice for you. Generally, special meals (such as child meals) in Business class are offered on flights with a duration of 75 minutes and longer and quoted information by the SEN-Hotline is not correct. Nevertheless, just as you are unable to request seats on a codeshare flight, you might not have the option to request a special meal online. This has been mentioned in Heloisa's answer already. Still, you are welcome to send us your booking code in a PN as I'm willing to have another look at the option.

Best, Katharina
Hi Katharina,

thanks for your message. If I remember your colleague's previous answer correctly she wanted to research whether child meals are offered on a three hr. flight. I was not aware of the 75 min rule and I am thankful for this piece of information. I will give the SEN hotline another try, but I still find it frustrating that you can't reserve seats (as a family) if a codeshare flight is involved (although I have basically accepted that we won't be able to preassign seats in our case). I am also struggling with seat reservations for another reservation (all flights booked under LH flight #s , operated by LH metal). So unfortuntely it looks like the seat reservation area on the website needs an update...

Cheers,
cas_de
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:41 am

Trying to book ATH- MIA VIA FRA- as I want to enjoy the first class lounge-will use miles

everything that I see is ATH-MIA VIA MUC

ANY FLIGHTS THAT WILL WORK?-VERY FLEX ON DATES

Last edited by SPLP007; Mar 10, 2018 at 3:42 am Reason: SIMPLE CORRECTION
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by SPLP007
Trying to book ATH- MIA VIA FRA- as I want to enjoy the first class lounge-will use miles

everything that I see is ATH-MIA VIA MUC

ANY FLIGHTS THAT WILL WORK?-VERY FLEX ON DATES
Hi SPLP007,

while we do currently offer a flight connection from Athens via Frankfurt to Miami (LH1285 / LH462), flight operations vary in regards to season, date and departure/arrival time. Hence, I'm unable to give you a suggestion, even though you seem flexible. Kindly call the Service Center and my colleagues, with an eye to the timetable, will discuss your options with you:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.