Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:49 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by tom tulpe
Thanks again - so just a glitch in the online check-in.

My prediction for probable cause: trying to re-book only one of several segments in an itinerary.

(Still no need for the rudeness on offer from the call center agent, but I suppose she gets her fair share of hagglers during the day.)
Hi again, Tom,

yes. The mistake, however, lies in the rebooking option offered by activating the button. That one was mistakenly added to the process, even though the "free rebooking on the same day option" is indeed not available if booked in class P. This should be fixed soon.

In regards to my call center agent colleague's behaviour, I fully agree with you.

Best, Katharina
kahuna1993 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Thanks again.
That said, if bookings in "P" don't offer the "free re-booking on the same day option", than P shouldn't be offered for "Business Flex" bookings. When I booked this itinerary as a Business Flex, the on-screen summary of fare conditions specifically included that option, and there is no way to force another booking class for online bookings made on lufthansa.com
Grog and ToddSpam like this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:02 am

Dear Lufthansa Flyertalk Team,

I could use your help regarding my options for a flight in January.

I have a business class ticket (P) for a direct flight MUC--->JFK. It was booked using my company's travel agency.

I would prefer to arrive earlier than when my current flight is scheduled to arrive (15:45), even if it means that I must take a connection somewhere or fly into EWR instead of JFK. Unfortunately for myself, I have to consider how much expense this would add to my ticket.

My travel agency told me that I should call Lufthansa the day before my flight to ask if there is availability on an earlier flight to JFK or EWR, and that Lufthansa may accommodate me for no fee or a small fee. Does this answer sound accurate to you? If not, do I have any options?

Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by ToddSpam

I have a business class ticket (P) for a direct flight MUC--->JFK. It was booked using my company's travel agency.

I would prefer to arrive earlier than when my current flight is scheduled to arrive (15:45), even if it means that I must take a connection somewhere or fly into EWR instead of JFK. Unfortunately for myself, I have to consider how much expense this would add to my ticket. T

My travel agency told me that I should call Lufthansa the day before my flight to ask if there is availability on an earlier flight to JFK or EWR, and that Lufthansa may accommodate me for no fee or a small fee. Does this answer sound accurate to you? If not, do I have any options?

Thanks for your help.
In my experiences in trying to do the same (move to an earlier/later flight from same or nearby airport), I've always been told that I would have to pay the fare difference. In most cases this would have added hundreds of dollars to the price of the ticket, especially if you had to pay more for a higher fare code. Don't expect that you'll be able to modify your ticket without a substantial cost, no matter how logical or easy your request might seem.

It comes down to how badly do you want to make the change. The airline will take your money because you're the one that wants the convenience.
ToddSpam likes this.

Last edited by LufthansaFlyer; Nov 22, 2017 at 9:40 am
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by tom tulpe
Thanks again.
That said, if bookings in "P" don't offer the "free re-booking on the same day option", than P shouldn't be offered for "Business Flex" bookings. When I booked this itinerary as a Business Flex, the on-screen summary of fare conditions specifically included that option, and there is no way to force another booking class for online bookings made on lufthansa.com
Hello tom tulpe,
Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned by Vanessa and Katharina, our IT is working on this issue and we hope that it will be fixed soon.
Best regards,
Heloisa
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:59 am

I would prefer to arrive earlier than when my current flight is scheduled to arrive (15:45), even if it means that I must take a connection somewhere or fly into EWR instead of JFK. Unfortunately for myself, I have to consider how much expense this would add to my ticket.

Thanks for your help.
Hello ToddSpam,
The free of charge rebooking to an earlier flight on the same day through check-in is only available for pure European routes, so the rebooking of your ticket is subject to your fare conditions. Since the availability can vary, a last-minute rebooking could result in higher rebooking costs if you leave if for the last day. That said, we can't predict in advance how the availability will look like on the date of flight, so the decision is up to you.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF Gold

Thanks for your help.
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello ToddSpam,
The free of charge rebooking to an earlier flight on the same day through check-in is only available for pure European routes, so the rebooking of your ticket is subject to your fare conditions. Since the availability can vary, a last-minute rebooking could result in higher rebooking costs if you leave if for the last day. That said, we can't predict in advance how the availability will look like on the date of flight, so the decision is up to you.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
But P is the lowest booking class in business, so quite unlikely in my opinion that this is available on an alternative flight especially close to departure. And on a P fare you have anyway a fee for rebooking (if you can rebook at all, which is not always the case. Conditions for P fares can vary a lot)

Situation might be different in case your original flight is overbooked, then they might be happy that you want to take an alternative flight...
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, OnBusiness, Eurostar C.Blanche
Economy Light - additional baggage

Dear Lurker,
I fail to find on your lh.com pages any information about the deadline to add baggage to a LH (intra-European) Eco Light ticket.
Up until what time can I add baggage online through the "manage booking" option?

Kind regards
Turboprince
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Turboprince
Dear Lurker,
I fail to find on your lh.com pages any information about the deadline to add baggage to a LH (intra-European) Eco Light ticket.
Up until what time can I add baggage online through the "manage booking" option?

Kind regards
Turboprince

Hi Turboprince,

given your market ticketing is operating at the time and you're not yet checked-in, the baggage option can be purchased until one hour before departure with us (via phone as well as online). Less than 1h before departure you need to request the addition at the airport against a higher charge. I have asked to add that information to the website.

Best,
Katharina
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:26 am

I was pointed to this thread - I hope Lufthansa is still lurking.

My husband and I recently purchased full-fare business class seats on Lufthansa, going from LAX to Frankfurt, and then on to Barcelona. When we arrived at our gate, we were told that our preselected seats were broken and unavailable. We were transferred to seats at the rear of business, which wasn’t really a problem ... but my seat was badly broken.

The inflatable bottom seat cushion was partially collapsed sideways. When the lead flight attendant tried to fix it, all of the air came out of the cushion, like a flat tire. Unfortunately, that meant no support, and sitting on top of metal straps and other seat mechanics. Pretty horribly uncomfortable and actually painful. They apparently had no other seats to move us to, and so I had to endure this painful situation for the 11 or so hours it took to reach Frankfurt. This was mad worse by the fact that I had recently recovered from several spine surgeries. My husband was nice enough to trade out seats with me for over half the flight, and we had to put a couple of blankets on top of the seat, just to make it tolerable. And, yes, that was a full-fare business class seat. The lead flight attendant said that she would file a report and have the airline call us while we were in Spain. That didn’t happen. And it didn’t happen after we arrived back in Los Angeles two weeks later.

I did finally reach out to Lufthansa both via their web support page and Twitter - and the short story is that they sent me a $150 check. This is kind of the solution that I might expect from a budget airline (well, not likely), but after spending thousands of dollars on a business class seat on a top-tier international airline, this was a bit of a joke. I fly overseas two to three times a year, so I’m pretty savvy about what’s happened with the airline industry, but even so, I felt that this was a poor attempt at a resolution. It seems pretty clear that Lufthansa didn’t really care to keep us as customers. They haven’t responded back to my emails, and a customer support person kept bouncing us around from one department to the next, with no one at the airline willing to discuss the situation.

I was originally booked on a Lufthansa flight to Europe this week, but I changed over to another airline. I honestly would have expected Lufthansa to do a partial reimbursement for the seat, or provide upgrades, or something similar. I don’t know if their reps still lurk in these forums, but if they do, I’d just like to point out how badly they failed at customer care. For reference, here’s my Lufthansa Feedback ID: 31306102.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:01 pm

Sigh. It looks like I’m out of luck with Lufthansa. Very, very disappointing.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Chapps
Er, why? Because you didn’t see a response yet at 6am German time to a question posted the day before at 4:25pm? Unfortunately your complaint is not the only one the team have to deal with and they don’t monitor this thread 24/7.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:40 am

I was pointed to this thread - I hope Lufthansa is still lurking.

My husband and I recently purchased full-fare business class seats on Lufthansa, going from LAX to Frankfurt, and then on to Barcelona. When we arrived at our gate, we were told that our preselected seats were broken and unavailable. We were transferred to seats at the rear of business, which wasn’t really a problem ... but my seat was badly broken.

The inflatable bottom seat cushion was partially collapsed sideways. When the lead flight attendant tried to fix it, all of the air came out of the cushion, like a flat tire. Unfortunately, that meant no support, and sitting on top of metal straps and other seat mechanics. Pretty horribly uncomfortable and actually painful. They apparently had no other seats to move us to, and so I had to endure this painful situation for the 11 or so hours it took to reach Frankfurt. This was mad worse by the fact that I had recently recovered from several spine surgeries. My husband was nice enough to trade out seats with me for over half the flight, and we had to put a couple of blankets on top of the seat, just to make it tolerable. And, yes, that was a full-fare business class seat. The lead flight attendant said that she would file a report and have the airline call us while we were in Spain. That didn’t happen. And it didn’t happen after we arrived back in Los Angeles two weeks later.

I did finally reach out to Lufthansa both via their web support page and Twitter - and the short story is that they sent me a $150 check. This is kind of the solution that I might expect from a budget airline (well, not likely), but after spending thousands of dollars on a business class seat on a top-tier international airline, this was a bit of a joke. I fly overseas two to three times a year, so I’m pretty savvy about what’s happened with the airline industry, but even so, I felt that this was a poor attempt at a resolution. It seems pretty clear that Lufthansa didn’t really care to keep us as customers. They haven’t responded back to my emails, and a customer support person kept bouncing us around from one department to the next, with no one at the airline willing to discuss the situation.

I was originally booked on a Lufthansa flight to Europe this week, but I changed over to another airline. I honestly would have expected Lufthansa to do a partial reimbursement for the seat, or provide upgrades, or something similar. I don’t know if their reps still lurk in these forums, but if they do, I’d just like to point out how badly they failed at customer care. For reference, here’s my Lufthansa Feedback ID: 31306102.
Dear Chapps,

I'm sorry to see you as upset about the handling of your claim and disappointed about offered reimbursement for the seat malfunction on your flight. Kindly understand that we don't have any influence on made decisions and won't be able to obtain a different compensation. I've been advised that your case, however, has been reopened for a review just yesterday and is currently being looked at. In case of further questions, kindly get back to my Customer Relations colleagues directly and refer to Feedback ID 31284452. I hope that you will be able discuss the claim one more time and have it clarified to your satisfaction.

Best, Katharina
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:38 am

@LufthansaGermanAirlines

I have a very strange and fairly annoying problem. Over the last 4 months I have been flying business on the same route with different Star Alliance partners (SN, LH, LX, OS, LO).

Until reaching 80,000 status miles, my miles were credited perfectly, every time after 3-4 days, from all Lufthansa and partner flights. Since reaching 80,000 miles, I am not receiving any miles anymore.Every milage request that I fill in after 2 weeks returns as 'cannot issue milage request'.

When contacting lufthansa, the only reply that I get is to 'mail all boarding passes' to some physicall address in Germany. When politely explaing that mailing digital QR codes rather than physical boarding passes is not really ideal, they keep replying that there is nothing they can change. This while I attached all my information, ticket numbers as well as screenshots of all mobile boarding passes.In addition, I am checking every checkin that my FTL status is on y boarding pass ( to double confirm that my miles and more number is taken into the issues boadin pass)

I find this whole thing extremly frustrating, as I should have reached sneator over 6 weeks ago and nobody at Lufthansa is offering any help. For all flights that I am taking (including a 6 hour delayed one today from which I am writing you), I am not enjoying any of the benefits of senator tatus that I should have been rewarded over a month ago. And now we are reaching the end of the calendar year ..

Would you have any email address or number I could call to address this situation. In addition, if LH could just be nice enough to pre-credits 2000 miles (of the 20,000 plus that I am owned), I would already be able to enjoy senator status.

Thank you in advance
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by simpleme55
@LufthansaGermanAirlines

I have a very strange and fairly annoying problem. Over the last 4 months I have been flying business on the same route with different Star Alliance partners (SN, LH, LX, OS, LO).

Until reaching 80,000 status miles, my miles were credited perfectly, every time after 3-4 days, from all Lufthansa and partner flights. Since reaching 80,000 miles, I am not receiving any miles anymore.Every milage request that I fill in after 2 weeks returns as 'cannot issue milage request'.

When contacting lufthansa, the only reply that I get is to 'mail all boarding passes' to some physicall address in Germany. When politely explaing that mailing digital QR codes rather than physical boarding passes is not really ideal, they keep replying that there is nothing they can change. This while I attached all my information, ticket numbers as well as screenshots of all mobile boarding passes.In addition, I am checking every checkin that my FTL status is on y boarding pass ( to double confirm that my miles and more number is taken into the issues boadin pass)

I find this whole thing extremly frustrating, as I should have reached sneator over 6 weeks ago and nobody at Lufthansa is offering any help. For all flights that I am taking (including a 6 hour delayed one today from which I am writing you), I am not enjoying any of the benefits of senator tatus that I should have been rewarded over a month ago. And now we are reaching the end of the calendar year ..

Would you have any email address or number I could call to address this situation. In addition, if LH could just be nice enough to pre-credits 2000 miles (of the 20,000 plus that I am owned), I would already be able to enjoy senator status.

Thank you in advance
Hi simpleme55,

this indeed sounds strange and, like you, I'd find the denial of every applicaton for a retroactive credit very nerve-racking. Even more so as you're on the brink of reaching the Senator status. The best way to reach out to Miles & More would be via the online form on their website. Alternatively, you can send us your flight data and FTL customer no. via direct message and will try to get in touch with the Miles & More team on your behalf to verify on the issue.

Best, Katharina

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.