Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
Thank you Vanessa, That is a proper explanation as to why that happens.
Unfortunately the "customer service"
personnel are not aware of this.
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
The Miles & More specification during the booking process on Lufthansa.com is steered by the flight routing.
For domestic and European cross-border routings a flat amount of miles applies which can be displayed. Mileage accrual on intercontinental flights is based on the actual flown miles which cannot be calculated on Lufthansa.com during the booking process, hence the percentage is shown and the footnote added that refers to the mileage calculater.
Vanessa
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Hi Carpacchio, I will let Customer Relations know that you're still waiting for a reply.
Vanessa
Thanks, Vanessa - got a call from customer service this afternoon.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Hi snic,
sorry, we are only here from Monday to Friday. Have you received your bags by now?
Vanessa
No, I have not yet received my bags. The courier promised them by 17:30 today, but it is now 18:00 and still no bags.

I would like you to explain what Lufthansa's service commitment is for delayed bags: how long after they reach the airport are they to arrive at the passenger's location? Is it acceptable for it to take 72 hours (or more) from the time the bags land at the airport until they reach the passenger's location? And if not, what exactly do you plan to do to rectify this unacceptable situation in Bologna?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:06 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Mileage accrual on intercontinental flights is based on the actual flown miles which cannot be calculated on Lufthansa.com during the booking process, hence the percentage is shown and the footnote added that refers to the mileage calculater.
Vanessa
LOL. I'd really like this: getting the "actual flown miles" for every detour and waiting pattern I have been in.

But I'm sure you mean the great circle distance, right?

If lufthansa.com cannot calculate the distance, wouldn't it be a solution to use a table with the distances between major airports? Or to simply implement the mileage calculator into lufthansa.com?

HTB.
asimha likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:40 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by htb
LOL. I'd really like this: getting the "actual flown miles" for every detour and waiting pattern I have been in.

But I'm sure you mean the great circle distance, right?

If lufthansa.com cannot calculate the distance, wouldn't it be a solution to use a table with the distances between major airports? Or to simply implement the mileage calculator into lufthansa.com?

HTB.
Hi htb,
there are no plans to implement the mileage calculater on Lufthansa.com.
That's why they decided to link to it in the footnote.
Vanessa
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by snic
No, I have not yet received my bags. The courier promised them by 17:30 today, but it is now 18:00 and still no bags.

I would like you to explain what Lufthansa's service commitment is for delayed bags: how long after they reach the airport are they to arrive at the passenger's location? Is it acceptable for it to take 72 hours (or more) from the time the bags land at the airport until they reach the passenger's location? And if not, what exactly do you plan to do to rectify this unacceptable situation in Bologna?
Hello snic, as soon as lost luggage is found, the passenger is contacted to arrange the delivery. This should of course not take 72 hours. I hope you are finally reunited with your bags. Should you wish to provide any contact details and your baggage tag number via DM, my colleagues will try to find out why it took so long to deliver the bags to you. Kind regards, Maria
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Hi ellylex,
once Check-in for a certain flight has been closed, it is no longer possible to drop off luggage as there is no guarantee that the luggage will be at the aircraft in time.
If your friend has booked an award ticket that allows a refund against a fee, please ask him to call Miles & More to initate the refund. It's possible request it even after the originally booked flight has already left.
Vanessa
Vanessa,

Thank You for replying but that was not what I was asking for.
You did not address the issue at all: stating that once check-in is closed and passenger cannot drop off the luggage - that is obvious. And to advice to pay a fee to reinstate the miles is also obvious, but this reply is certainly doesn't address the subject.

Agents could have assisted and rebooked to later flights but instead they chose to cancel the entire ticket!

Anyway, seeing that asking for guidance with mile reinstatement w/o any fees from Lufthansa representative in this thread did not lead anywhere - I continued and called Miles and More. Wrote a letter. Received another absurd reply - this time Lufthansa claimed that passenger flew on the outbound!!! Such reply only shows that letters are not read and comprehended by Lufthansa's representatives.

Then, I called to Miles and More again to hear a new absurd story, that passenger did not pay 45K in miles but only 15K!!! Another absurd statement. they can't even read the numbers and distinquish 45 from 15.

Finally, spoke to an adequate supervisor in the US who did not make any absurd/false comments and understood the issue. He made a decision to stop this runaround and resolved the issue.

An update: request was resolved and 45K miles credited back to account w/o any fees.

So,everyone, don't get discouraged by false statements from Lufthansa employees and try to find someone adequate and with common sense.
Grog and htb like this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:35 am

that would mean that non senator hon circle super duper platinum carbon fiber 4 star members would actually benefit of some form of LH "service".
Hi htb,
there are no plans to implement the mileage calculater on Lufthansa.com.
That's why they decided to link to it in the footnote.
Vanessa
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:23 am

HI Lurker, I have filed to different claims/requests to Customer Relations, 1 of them was back in Aug and the other one ( different issue) about a week ago. I havent heard from any of them. Is there a way to check the status of these? speed them up? atleast ensure someone has read them?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, LH Senator, UA Premier Executive, RG Diamante
No miles - Business - Star Alliance

Dear Lurkers,

I am LH Senator and booked a Business Class "D" on Avianca Brasil (O6) GRU/MIA/GRU.

Although Miles&More credit miles and status miles for flights on Avianca's Economy class, I was surprised to see that they do not credit on "D" class !!

I have contacted Miles&More Customer Service about this issue and their reply was :

Dear Mr Serson,

In principle, miles are allocated for all flights within the Star Alliance but the eligible booking classes are specified by the individual airline partners. Market-specific aspects and the competitive situation also play a significant role and these are beyond our influence at Miles & More. If you have further questions as to why the seating class D is exempt from mileage credit, kindly contact the Avianca Brasil Service Team direct.

We thank you for your understanding and wish you a pleasant weekend.

Sincerely,
Your Miles & More Service Team

As suggested by M&M, I asked Avianca Brasil and they said that this is a new operation (route, fare and plane), but the earnings for Star Alliance members were already updated.

How can I check when M&M will update their system ?

Thanks for your help !!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by kbrauneis
HI Lurker, I have filed to different claims/requests to Customer Relations, 1 of them was back in Aug and the other one ( different issue) about a week ago. I havent heard from any of them. Is there a way to check the status of these? speed them up? atleast ensure someone has read them?
Hi kbrauneis, please provide the respective feedback IDs and I will ask Customer Relations about the handling status. Maria
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by rserson
Dear Lurkers,

I am LH Senator and booked a Business Class "D" on Avianca Brasil (O6) GRU/MIA/GRU.

Although Miles&More credit miles and status miles for flights on Avianca's Economy class, I was surprised to see that they do not credit on "D" class !!

I have contacted Miles&More Customer Service about this issue and their reply was :

Dear Mr Serson,

In principle, miles are allocated for all flights within the Star Alliance but the eligible booking classes are specified by the individual airline partners. Market-specific aspects and the competitive situation also play a significant role and these are beyond our influence at Miles & More. If you have further questions as to why the seating class D is exempt from mileage credit, kindly contact the Avianca Brasil Service Team direct.

We thank you for your understanding and wish you a pleasant weekend.

Sincerely,
Your Miles & More Service Team

As suggested by M&M, I asked Avianca Brasil and they said that this is a new operation (route, fare and plane), but the earnings for Star Alliance members were already updated.

How can I check when M&M will update their system ?

Thanks for your help !!

Hello rserson, as far as I understood your comment, you already received a reply from Miles & More. Avianca, in this case, decides which of their fare classes is eligible for mileage credit, not Miles & More. For all further queries, please contact your Miles & More Service Team directly as we are unable to assist any further. Regards, Maria
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:03 am

Hi Maria,
Here is 1 id.
Feedback ID 31186706

The trash monster in my inbox seems to have gotten the other one filed Sept 11 regarding a cancelled flight.

best wishes and thank you for your help

Hi kbrauneis, please provide the respective feedback IDs and I will ask Customer Relations about the handling status. Maria
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by kbrauneis
Hi Maria,
Here is 1 id.
Feedback ID 31186706

The trash monster in my inbox seems to have gotten the other one filed Sept 11 regarding a cancelled flight.

best wishes and thank you for your help
Hi kbrauneis, I just sent a reminder to my colleagues. BTW, your second feedback ID is 31244427. Regards, Maria
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:24 am

Thanks Maria,
The CR team has already reached out and resolved my issue.
thanks for your help.
Hi kbrauneis, I just sent a reminder to my colleagues. BTW, your second feedback ID is 31244427. Regards, Maria

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.