Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:24 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by ellylex
Vanessa, thank You for replying
But I did not understand Your statement " an award ticket that allows a refund against a fee". Can You please phrase it differently.
Also, why did Lufthansa cancel the return leg if agents knew that passenger was willing to fly?
Hi ellylex,
it depends on what kind of award ticket your friend has purchased. Some are rebookable and refunable against a fee, others are not.
I recommend your friend to give Miles & More a call. They will be able to look into his booking and check the refundability as well as other conditions that might explain why the inbound flight was cancelled.
Vanessa
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
@LufthansaGermanAirlines

Dear LH Lurker, I don't wish to add a rant however I would be curious to know whether my recent incident (cancelled flight, poor rerouting, delayed arrival, etc.) registered under FB ID 31166863 is not worth some form of a) empathy and/or b) compensation for the very poor customer service?
Full details available on request of course.
Thank you!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by asimha
@LufthansaGermanAirlines

Dear LH Lurker, I don't wish to add a rant however I would be curious to know whether my recent incident (cancelled flight, poor rerouting, delayed arrival, etc.) registered under FB ID 31166863 is not worth some form of a) empathy and/or b) compensation for the very poor customer service?
Full details available on request of course.
Thank you!
Dear asimha,
I am very sorry to hear that your travel plans were affected by a flight cancellation, resulting in a delayed arrival at your destination. I have contacted my colleagues from Customer relations with regards to the feedback ID you provided and was informed that a response to your complaint dated 8.August 2017 was sent to you on 12. August 2017. You in turn have again replied on the 13. August.
I have requested that my colleagues contact you once again to finalise your case.
Best regards, Isabell
asimha likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: M&M Senator
Problems in Managing EWR MUC

Lufthansa Lurker

I would like to discuss the service on your EWR-MUC flight of 08 August - this relates to Business Class - and the negative attitude of the purser among other things... When I expressed my concern about the lateness of the flight arrival and the now reduced short connection time to my WAW flight, she stated "You knew it was a short connection time - why did you book it'!!!! I was disheartened by that response. Aside from one walk through at the start of the flight and one at the end - the purser was invisible. Your young crew had difficulty managing and did not remember to hand out towels (either hot or prepackaged, either in the evening or the morning) nor even remember that they had hung up my suit jacket and I had to ask for it at the door.

I would contrast this with my FRA -JFK flight of some six weeks earlier where the purser was amazing and rolled up her sleeves to help the young crew by handing out meals and checking on drinks, smiled to one and all, was visible and even (on a totally full business class) remembered that my carryon was stored in a different spot ... she was fabulous.

I realize that these are not cancelled flights or forced rebookings - but it is not the LH I have learned to expect in Business Class.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Gamerska
Lufthansa Lurker

I would like to discuss the service on your EWR-MUC flight of 08 August - this relates to Business Class - and the negative attitude of the purser among other things... When I expressed my concern about the lateness of the flight arrival and the now reduced short connection time to my WAW flight, she stated "You knew it was a short connection time - why did you book it'!!!! I was disheartened by that response. Aside from one walk through at the start of the flight and one at the end - the purser was invisible. Your young crew had difficulty managing and did not remember to hand out towels (either hot or prepackaged, either in the evening or the morning) nor even remember that they had hung up my suit jacket and I had to ask for it at the door.

I would contrast this with my FRA -JFK flight of some six weeks earlier where the purser was amazing and rolled up her sleeves to help the young crew by handing out meals and checking on drinks, smiled to one and all, was visible and even (on a totally full business class) remembered that my carryon was stored in a different spot ... she was fabulous.

I realize that these are not cancelled flights or forced rebookings - but it is not the LH I have learned to expect in Business Class.

Hello Gamerska,
I am very sorry to hear about your disappointment during your journey earlier this month. Your feedback is very important to Lufthansa, this way the service on board and also on the ground can be improved. I will gladly send your post to the respective crew as a general feedback. Should you however wish to place a formal complaint and receive a response from Customer Relations, you are most welcome to send me detailed flight and contact information via PM and I will forward this on your behalf.
Best regards,
Isabell
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear asimha,
I am very sorry to hear that your travel plans were affected by a flight cancellation, resulting in a delayed arrival at your destination. I have contacted my colleagues from Customer relations with regards to the feedback ID you provided and was informed that a response to your complaint dated 8.August 2017 was sent to you on 12. August 2017. You in turn have again replied on the 13. August.
I have requested that my colleagues contact you once again to finalise your case.
Best regards, Isabell
Thank you Isabell, unfortunately still no reply.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by asimha
Thank you Isabell, unfortunately still no reply.
Dear asimha, I have forwarded your post to my collegues as promised. We are however not informed by Customer Relations when internal research is finalised and when a passenger will be contacted. I hope you will hear from them soon. Best, Isabell
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
Dear lurker, I was recently looking at flights to tel aviv and noticed that on that route I can not see the mileage accural. it just says 100% I know there is the meilen rechner and all but was wondering why on some routes I can see the mileage accural and on this route to telaviv not. I tried contacting via the website chat and the agent there was as helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike. She said that the LH website has never shown how many miles a flight will accure and made no attempt to help me find an answer to my question.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by kbrauneis
Dear lurker, I was recently looking at flights to tel aviv and noticed that on that route I can not see the mileage accural. it just says 100% I know there is the meilen rechner and all but was wondering why on some routes I can see the mileage accural and on this route to telaviv not. I tried contacting via the website chat and the agent there was as helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike. She said that the LH website has never shown how many miles a flight will accure and made no attempt to help me find an answer to my question.
Hello kbrauneis, I have forwarded your enquiry. Once my colleagues revert with information, I will let you know. Isabell
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Dear Lurker,
I sent a feedback regarding a cancelled flight about 2 months ago by email. Apart from the automated mail with the feedback ID (31092148), i haven't heard back yet. When can I expect an answer ?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Dear Lurker,

My family and I were recently on a flight from Stockholm to Bologna, routing through FRA, with the last leg on LH. The Stockholm-FRA flight was delayed, causing us to miss our FRA-BLQ. LH put us on the next flight, 4 hours later. When we arrived, our checked luggage was not there, despite the fact that we were automatically rebooked on the next flight and LH staff in FRA had 4 hours to figure out which flight the bags should be on. Two of the three bags arrived on the last flight of the day, and one bag is supposedly arriving the next day.

It is bad enough that the bags were delayed for no good reason, but this situation is even worse. The BLQ airport staff handed over the first two bags to a courier, AQS Services. The BLQ staff says that LH's contract with AQS states that bags should be delivered within 24 hours of receipt by AQS. However, the courier I spoke with said he doesn't even have the bags yet (contradicting the airport staff, who say the courier already has the bags) and says he will not deliver them until 48 hours after he gets the bags, excluding Sunday (so, really 72 hours). What this means is that the bags arrived in BLQ on Friday evening, but they will not be delivered to us until Tuesday.

I am writing in this public forum to request your assistance with this matter. You may tell me that you have no control over the courier, but that is not true - you contract with the courier and you have the leverage to force them to do their job. My entire family is distraught over the missing bags and this has nearly ruined our vacation. Please help by stepping in to force the courier to do their job properly and get us our bags. I would be happy to provide more details via private message.

Last edited by snic; Aug 26, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:19 am

Smile

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear asimha, I have forwarded your post to my collegues as promised. We are however not informed by Customer Relations when internal research is finalised and when a passenger will be contacted. I hope you will hear from them soon. Best, Isabell
Dear Isabell, just to let you know that your "push" helped as I did get a reply today. Not really satisfactory but at least with a solution.
Thanks again !
Andre
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by snic
Dear Lurker,

My family and I were recently on a flight from Stockholm to Bologna, routing through FRA, with the last leg on LH. The Stockholm-FRA flight was delayed, causing us to miss our FRA-BLQ. LH put us on the next flight, 4 hours later. When we arrived, our checked luggage was not there, despite the fact that we were automatically rebooked on the next flight and LH staff in FRA had 4 hours to figure out which flight the bags should be on. Two of the three bags arrived on the last flight of the day, and one bag is supposedly arriving the next day.

It is bad enough that the bags were delayed for no good reason, but this situation is even worse. The BLQ airport staff handed over the first two bags to a courier, AQS Services. The BLQ staff says that LH's contract with AQS states that bags should be delivered within 24 hours of receipt by AQS. However, the courier I spoke with said he doesn't even have the bags yet (contradicting the airport staff, who say the courier already has the bags) and says he will not deliver them until 48 hours after he gets the bags, excluding Sunday (so, really 72 hours). What this means is that the bags arrived in BLQ on Friday evening, but they will not be delivered to us until Tuesday.

I am writing in this public forum to request your assistance with this matter. You may tell me that you have no control over the courier, but that is not true - you contract with the courier and you have the leverage to force them to do their job. My entire family is distraught over the missing bags and this has nearly ruined our vacation. Please help by stepping in to force the courier to do their job properly and get us our bags. I would be happy to provide more details via private message.

Hi snic,
sorry, we are only here from Monday to Friday. Have you received your bags by now?
Vanessa
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Dear Lurker,
I sent a feedback regarding a cancelled flight about 2 months ago by email. Apart from the automated mail with the feedback ID (31092148), i haven't heard back yet. When can I expect an answer ?
Hi Carpacchio, I will let Customer Relations know that you're still waiting for a reply.
Vanessa
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by kbrauneis
The Miles & More specification during the booking process on Lufthansa.com is steered by the flight routing.
For domestic and European cross-border routings a flat amount of miles applies which can be displayed. Mileage accrual on intercontinental flights is based on the actual flown miles which cannot be calculated on Lufthansa.com during the booking process, hence the percentage is shown and the footnote added that refers to the mileage calculater.
Vanessa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.