Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Dear LH lurker team,

Do you provide your upper management with some of the complaints, which arise in the LH forum or not ?

As you know that some of the posters in this forum are loyal customers to LH including many HON, who have real complaints and they might switch their business to other airlines due to the tough enhancements that your upper management keep enforcing.

Are you taking seriously these issues and rely them to LH upper management to address them or not? I hope you will not answer my question with the usual "We Do" clichee
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Dear LH lurker team,

Do you provide your upper management with some of the complaints, which arise in the LH forum or not ?

As you know that some of the posters in this forum are loyal customers to LH including many HON, who have real complaints and they might switch their business to other airlines due to the tough enhancements that your upper management keep enforcing.

Are you taking seriously these issues and rely them to LH upper management to address them or not? I hope you will not answer my question with the usual "We Do" clichee
As I understand, these LH high flyers (mostly HONs and SENs) have *already* switched most of their flights from LH to other carriers - I'm trying to do the same...
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:00 am

Status benefits on "new Germanwings"

Dear LH Lurker

Please give us an official answer on what is being discussed in the new Germanwings thread.

I am very concerned that I will loose very important status benefits on my (ex-LH) flights from Zurich to Dusseldorf, Hamburg and Berlin and back. Please answer the questions below especially for the cheapest fares.

1) As a SEN, can I still use the fast lane at security for 4U flights? This is currently no problem flying on LH in ZRH, TXL, HAM, etc.

2) As a SEN, can I still reserve any seats in advance free of charge?

3) Can I still reserve the exit row in advance free of charge?

4) Will I have discounted or free access to the front seats with extra legroom like AB gives its Gold members?

5) Will there be free meals for SEN such as Air Berlin gives it's Gold members?

6) Can you give us a list of airports where lounge access for SENs will not be possible anymore?

7) What are the benefits of SEN and FTL regarding free checked luggage?

8) At what airports can I use the First Class / priority check-in desk when I am flying on 4U as a SEN / FTL.

Last edited by f4free; Dec 9, 2012 at 4:07 am Reason: numbering wrong
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, UA Premier Platinum, National Executive
Hi,
Why was today's flight 618 from FRA->AUH diverted to Muscat?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott, UA, SI
LU First Class Award change - ATTN. LH Lurker Team,

Dear LH lurker team,

Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:24 pm

Dear LH Larker Team - LH First Class - changing the award

Dear LH team,
I recently redeemed 4 First Class award seats o LH from SFO to Munich. I now want to go to Rome, but the tickets were already issued. When I contacted LH team, they said they have to cancel the SFO-MUC first and then try to book SFO-MUC-FCO. Is there no way to hold my SFO-MUC and add the MUC-FCO to the reservation/award so that I wont loose my seats?

Thanks for your assistance.

Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by 4ssm
Dear LH team,
I recently redeemed 4 First Class award seats o LH from SFO to Munich. I now want to go to Rome, but the tickets were already issued. When I contacted LH team, they said they have to cancel the SFO-MUC first and then try to book SFO-MUC-FCO. Is there no way to hold my SFO-MUC and add the MUC-FCO to the reservation/award so that I wont loose my seats?

Thanks for your assistance.

can you please tell me how in the world were you able to redeem half of the first cabin (4/8) for award seats? Did you book through M&M or some other *A carrier program?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:37 pm

Dear LH Lurkers,
I have confirmed award seats on LH from SFO-MUC for June 2013. I really have to go to Rome (FCO). The representative told me that my current award miles allow me to use the same number of miles to change to SFO-MUC-FCO. And, I do not mind if the MUC-FCO leg is in economy. I am also willing to pay any change fees for award redemption.
I surprised that there is no way to "add" the MUC-FCO leg to my current award. Otherwise, I have to redeem additional award for4 passengers to go from MUC to FCO.

Can LH team please look into this and advise?

regards-
4SSM
Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:39 pm

no fancy things, just used M&M for redemption.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
As I understand, these LH high flyers (mostly HONs and SENs) have *already* switched most of their flights from LH to other carriers - I'm trying to do the same...
just used the M&M call center. they were helpful
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:23 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Dear LH lurker team,

Dear NA-Flyer,

I can assure you that we are monitoring the topics which arise here very closely and we do provide our management with the information we gain. This is one of the main reasons why we actually opened an official LH-Thread here on flyertalk…

Best, Stefanie
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by DLrunner
Hi,
Why was today's flight 618 from FRA->AUH diverted to Muscat?
Hey Dlrunner,

I am not quiet sure - but I'll ask… ;-)

Best
Stefanie
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by 4ssm
Dear LH Lurkers,
I have confirmed award seats on LH from SFO-MUC for June 2013. I really have to go to Rome (FCO). The representative told me that my current award miles allow me to use the same number of miles to change to SFO-MUC-FCO. And, I do not mind if the MUC-FCO leg is in economy. I am also willing to pay any change fees for award redemption.
I surprised that there is no way to "add" the MUC-FCO leg to my current award. Otherwise, I have to redeem additional award for4 passengers to go from MUC to FCO.

Can LH team please look into this and advise?

regards-
4SSM
Dear 4ssm,

I would like to contact the experts for you. Could you therefore kindly provide me with your file key via pm?

Best
Stefanie
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Intrugion
Now another week has passed. Still no assistance or feedback.
Another week passed. Only two and a half weeks left until we fly.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by f4free
Dear LH Lurker

Please give us an official answer on what is being discussed in the new Germanwings thread.

I am very concerned that I will loose very important status benefits on my (ex-LH) flights from Zurich to Dusseldorf, Hamburg and Berlin and back. Please answer the questions below especially for the cheapest fares.

1) As a SEN, can I still use the fast lane at security for 4U flights? This is currently no problem flying on LH in ZRH, TXL, HAM, etc.

2) As a SEN, can I still reserve any seats in advance free of charge?

3) Can I still reserve the exit row in advance free of charge?

4) Will I have discounted or free access to the front seats with extra legroom like AB gives its Gold members?

5) Will there be free meals for SEN such as Air Berlin gives it's Gold members?

6) Can you give us a list of airports where lounge access for SENs will not be possible anymore?

7) What are the benefits of SEN and FTL regarding free checked luggage?

8) At what airports can I use the First Class / priority check-in desk when I am flying on 4U as a SEN / FTL.
Dear f4free,

I already have answers to some of your questions:

-Will there be free meals for SEN such as Air Berlin gives it's Gold members?

Drinks and snacks will be included in the Smart and Best fares. In the future, à la carte drinks and snacks will be available for purchase on board with all fares.

-Can you give us a list of airports where lounge access for SENs will not be possible anymore?

A list of contract lounges to which HON and SEN will have access in Europe will be available on germanwings.com and the Miles & More media when the Best fare starts on 01/07/2013.
However, regardless of the travel class, HON and SEN will have access to LH´s own Business and Senator lounges in Germany and Europe and selected lounges in Europe if they hold a Germanwings boarding card valid for the date and place of departure.

-What are the benefits of SEN and FTL regarding free checked luggage?

As a status customer, you will have to forego the increased baggage allowance including golf equipment and priority baggage, although you will be able to pay € 70 extra to check in additional items of luggage. The same applies to special and oversize baggage.

Please understand that not all details concerning Germanwings have been finalized yet and that for the remaining questions I do have to do some more research. I will get back to you as soon as I know more.

Best. Maria

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.