Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:38 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by primetime23
I can only hope that this is some programming glitch rather than a deceitful attempt to cheat customers. I am sure there are quite a few travellers unaware of the different booking classes who would have gone ahead and booked the flight - to be surprised afterwards. Would you be able to explain this "phenomenon"?
It definitely is not a glitch since this happens to all bookings and for months already....
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:12 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines

I've booked, a few months ago, 4 flights in total, where I've the following connection in FRA (same on all 4 flights, all in Economy):

LH779 arriving 06.00 -> LH 1184 departing 07:35

Now, Lufthansa had decided, as much as I could see, to cancel the later flight about 8.30am, and put LH1184 at a later date (in about the middle), at 08.10 departing time - and put me, or "kept me", on this flight.

As this means, reaching ZRH about 35min later than I booked, I'll arriving too late to make it into office during the core working hours - basically meaning, I've to take a day off - or, in my case, 4 days in total. Not something I really like.. (internal rules do say, if it's not my fault that I'm late, then I won't need to take a day off.. and with the original 07.35 departure, arrival 08.30, I was well within the limits allowed - but my boss told me, that if I know ahead of the schedule change, that the original booking won't count)

Now, there is still the 06.40 flight LH1182, with plenty of availability at least for the first upcoming flight (FlightStats say "all open", and the first flight will be in 2 weeks, so I really can't see this being sold out)

But the LH hotline (SEN) does refuse to rebook me onto the 0640 flight.

I know that the 0640 flight would give me only 40 minutes to connect in FRA, but I entirely know that IF LH779 is on time (or often a bit earlier than 0600 - in about 90% of all cases, if flightstats can be trusted) I can make it. I've a Euro passport so quick immigration will be a given, I know FRA including the tunnel from B to A which I'll have to take most probably well, and usually at this time of the day, not yet much queues to speak of at the security check.

I'll not have checked luggage, and I can be a very fast walker. Even if the flight will depart at A40, I can see myself making it easily before 0630 there, without setting a new world record at 800m hurdles. I just had an arrival at 0520 this week, when I reached the SEN lounge in A+ at 0550, and that was without any hurryness of myself. So, 30 minutes if leisure walking, probably could cut it to 20 minutes if going fast (and security/border control under 5min wait as it was this week)

But, as said before, the hotline did refused to rebook me onto the 0640 flight LH1182. I talked to two different agents, one of them said, they won't rebook me at all because my flight schedule change was less than 1 hour (but apparently, he would be willing had it been more?!), while the other just stated the minimum connection time and that it won't be possible because of it..

Now, I know there IS a risk of missing the flight - I would be perfectly fine if I had to standby on the 0810 (and even take a later one, if it would be full by then), if I miss the 0640, OR if somehow they could put me on standby to the 0640, and if I can't make it/it's full, then I would just be on the 0810 - in any case, it would be better than to just have to make the 0810 and missing a whole day at work (as it's "my fault" then, to arrive too late at work, while with the 0640, even if missing it but having the confirmation I was booked on it, it wouldn't be.. don't ask about the rules of my company, please )

So - any chance, I could get onto the 0640? I was thinking of just going to the gate, and if still open, ask there, but if there would be anything you could do, to put me on LH1182, either Standby, Confirmed, or whatever, it would be greatly appreciated.

If needed, please let me know, and I can provide you with my eticket/PNR number for the 4 tickets with my biggest pleasure.

Thank you very much ^
Dear Yurop Flyer,

I can absolutely see your point, but it is definitely not possible to book you onto the earlier flight at 6:40 due to the minimum connecting time not being observed. I would recommend you leave your booking with the 8:10 flight as it is and try to reach the gate in time for the 6:40 flight. Ask my colleagues there if they can change your booking to that flight since you arrived punctually. We cannot guarantee that it will work (if seats are available etc.), but you can always try it out. At least that's the only way it could work.

I am sorry to not being able to help more! Let us know if you made it :-).

Fatime
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by LH SEN
Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines,

I recently flew from MUC to LAX and was refused the window seat I had reserved in Business class. The seat went to a UA f/f.

When I checked the night before the window seat was in my resveration. I was the 11th to check in and was told that my seat was no longer available.

If LH can not hold the reservation for their Gold card members, Why offer the service.!!
Dear LH SEN,

this is clearly not the way it should be. I cannot check whether the reason for this was a short-term change of equipment (in this case reservations do change, too) or something else, but I can forward this to the responsible department if you send me your flight number and date.

All the best,
Fatime
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by LH SEN

On the route, MAN-FRA-SIN the Star Alliance APP has LH947/LH778 as an option. Which shows as a layover time as 1 hour 10 minutes.
However, on 22nd October 2012 when I tried to delay my MAN flight to this flight, LH said I would have to pay GBP 400 to be re-routed via DUS, as LH claims the system refuses LH947/LH778, as it is less than the minimum lay over period of 45 minutes required at FRA
I have just checked the LH full web page and it allows it. Therefore, was LH just trying to get more money out of me and thought I was stupid, or is the LH Timetable misprinted?
Hi there again :-),

I assume there was a time change on the 22nd of October that made it impossible to book this connection. To be able to tell you for sure, I have just contacted my colleagues of the responsible department and asked them regarding that specific date as it usually is absolutely ok to book it that way.

I will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Fatime
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN*2

just in between all the noise here and there:

Thank you to the ladies at the check in, especially to the two which have my boarding pass ready if I am less than 10m from the counter (sure, only with hand luggage).

Thank you to the stewardess which smuggled me today the chocolate into the economy class.

Thank you to the ladies in the SEN lounge in FRA today.

All their caring with an honest smile made all the difference in the world!!

(had a weather delay, missed two connection options, landed at worst traffic in BRU).
Old Nov 15, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: QR Gold, LH FTL, AB Silver, BA Silver, OK+Blue,PC Plat, SPG Plat, HH DIA, TK Gold (working on black)
Question How to get some response from Lufthansa

Dear LH Lurkers,

about six weeks ago I flew with my whole family (six people) from Berlin to Portugal. After landing only very few pieces of luggage where unloaded.
All 5 pieces of our luggage were missing and arrived three days later.
While I fully do understand that these things happen, I am totally frustrated with what happened afterwards. When asking for compensation for the basic things we needed I simply can not get a response from Lufthansa.

Mails to the customer monolog are unanswered. so I tried to call the landlines in Cologne and Frankfurt to speak to somebody, but I can not get past the telephone dispatch. All they tell me is that the customer service team is "currently" having longer response times and I should wait. They simply will not put me through to anybody.

Funny thing, on the way home only 4 of the 5 pieces went missing.
I would really appreciate some support here and would PM you all the details of flight, etc.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
I try to post also here (as suggested):

this summer i've flown MXP-EWR-SFO | LAX-FRA-VCE ;

booking classes were:
MXP-EWR K (UA)
EWR-SFO Y (UA)

LAX-FRA-VCE Y (LH)

when checked in at MXP, I gave my Miles More card to credit the miles.

on 15 Sep., i verified that on EWR-SFO flight, miles has been credited as class K (not the Y as previewed - 1500 miles less about), so i've tried to contact MM via online form: they denied the miles regularization.

So I've tried to send all the documents via fax, never replied!

finally I've tried via phone, and the agent told me to send via post mail the tkt receipt and a copy of my itinerary invoice - where was clearly stated my Y class ticket - to Miles and More in Verl (DE);

Miles More has never replied to it (i gave them my email, my phone number, my home address!).

On last monday i've called customer service again, and they told me that seems MM refused again to regularize my miles (they were not sure about it!).

Furthermore I highlighted them that MM correctly has credited the miles to the person who has flown with me on that itinerary (I've bought the tkts toghether, so same price and class!), and MM had correctly credited the miles amount into her MM card.

so, what can i do now?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
I've lost hopes in LH honoring - regularly - the CS tickets. Happened with 2 SSA segments, after which I only missed to pack myself to Verl.
No way. For 10 months I've been a "not on passenger's list", until I gave up.
Hopefully you'll get better luck.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by primetime23

I just tried to book a flight on the website (MXP-HKG, March 13-19).

The website then gives two options, a "Business Basic" for approx. 2000EUR and a "Business Flex" for approx 3000EUR. If you click on the little "i" button to get the fare conditions it lists "Business Flex" as earning 200% miles and eligible for upgrades, giving the impression its at least a D class fare.

Even if you select the fare in "Business Flex" it is clearly stated its earning 200% Miles and eligible for Upgrade in the little info field under the price.

Surprise, surprise, when you then hit next and the summary pops up it comes up as a Z fare, obviously neither earning full miles nor eligible for upgrades. I did call the hotline and they confirmed it is a Z fare.

I can only hope that this is some programming glitch rather than a deceitful attempt to cheat customers. I am sure there are quite a few travellers unaware of the different booking classes who would have gone ahead and booked the flight - to be surprised afterwards. Would you be able to explain this "phenomenon"?

Many thanks
primetime23
Dear primetime23,

I can definitely assure you that the experience you are describing does not reflect any intention or purpose from Lufthansas side.
However, as I neither have the knowledge to explain the exact online booking procedures, nor if there is some kind of a bug, I would have to do some research on that and come back to you as soon as I know more.

Regards,

Maria
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Bernie2012

just in between all the noise here and there:

Thank you to the ladies at the check in, especially to the two which have my boarding pass ready if I am less than 10m from the counter (sure, only with hand luggage).

Thank you to the stewardess which smuggled me today the chocolate into the economy class.

Thank you to the ladies in the SEN lounge in FRA today.

All their caring with an honest smile made all the difference in the world!!

(had a weather delay, missed two connection options, landed at worst traffic in BRU).
Hello Bernie,

its great to hear that our staff made your day today!
If you may provide me with the exact flight date and number, I would kindly forward your compliment!

Maria
Old Nov 15, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA silver, LH, UA

On the 8th of September 2012, I have taken two flights with LH in C. At the check-in counter at Tel Aviv (Senator line), I have asked the agent to change the M&M number in the reservation from the SEN one to my United frequent flyer number, but she refused, claiming that the system did not allow that. Even after insisting, the check-in agent have repeated the system's lack of ability to put in the united number after the M&M Senator one was on the file.

As I wanted these miles to be credited to United's program, and understanding that these (many miles) will be deducted from my M&M account, I've contacted your colleagues on the M&M website exactly one month ago, asking them to perform the correction. However, up until today, despite being a SEN, and despite this being C-class flights, I have heard nothing from the M&M team (besides the standard auto reply email).

I would really appreciate if you could help me sort this mess out.

Thanks in advance,
Old Nov 15, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN*2
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello Bernie,

its great to hear that our staff made your day today!
If you may provide me with the exact flight date and number, I would kindly forward your compliment!

Maria
Hello,

I can't PN you for some strange reasons, but be assured that your HR works pretty well. (Tomorrow around 225 flights on MM counter alone, overall, no clue, but comes close to beeing statistically relevant).

Keep up the good work!

Btw. this bug adressed above is there and not only with tickets with a small diffference in price between Z & C/D (same actually happened on fellow LO.) it started in 09.12
Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by go4miles
Dear LH Lurkers,

about six weeks ago I flew with my whole family (six people) from Berlin to Portugal. After landing only very few pieces of luggage where unloaded.
All 5 pieces of our luggage were missing and arrived three days later.
While I fully do understand that these things happen, I am totally frustrated with what happened afterwards. When asking for compensation for the basic things we needed I simply can not get a response from Lufthansa.

Mails to the customer monolog are unanswered. so I tried to call the landlines in Cologne and Frankfurt to speak to somebody, but I can not get past the telephone dispatch. All they tell me is that the customer service team is "currently" having longer response times and I should wait. They simply will not put me through to anybody.

Funny thing, on the way home only 4 of the 5 pieces went missing.
I would really appreciate some support here and would PM you all the details of flight, etc.
Dear go4miles,

I am very sorry for the trouble caused. It is right that the Customer Service is indeed having longer response times. Nevertheless, I would like to try and speed things up for you. Would you please be so kind and send me all details here http://f.lh.com/zVHQ. I will contact my colleagues and get back to as soon as possible.

Fatime
Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
I try to post also here (as suggested):

this summer i've flown MXP-EWR-SFO | LAX-FRA-VCE ;

booking classes were:
MXP-EWR K (UA)
EWR-SFO Y (UA)

LAX-FRA-VCE Y (LH)

when checked in at MXP, I gave my Miles More card to credit the miles.

on 15 Sep., i verified that on EWR-SFO flight, miles has been credited as class K (not the Y as previewed - 1500 miles less about), so i've tried to contact MM via online form: they denied the miles regularization.

So I've tried to send all the documents via fax, never replied!

finally I've tried via phone, and the agent told me to send via post mail the tkt receipt and a copy of my itinerary invoice - where was clearly stated my Y class ticket - to Miles and More in Verl (DE);

Miles More has never replied to it (i gave them my email, my phone number, my home address!).

On last monday i've called customer service again, and they told me that seems MM refused again to regularize my miles (they were not sure about it!).

Furthermore I highlighted them that MM correctly has credited the miles to the person who has flown with me on that itinerary (I've bought the tkts toghether, so same price and class!), and MM had correctly credited the miles amount into her MM card.

so, what can i do now?
Hi Paul4travel,

I understand the case - it indeed seems a 'little' strange. Let me take a deeper look into this matter by sendind me your details here http://f.lh.com/zVHQ.

I will get back soon!

Fatime
Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by mkilmo

On the 8th of September 2012, I have taken two flights with LH in C. At the check-in counter at Tel Aviv (Senator line), I have asked the agent to change the M&M number in the reservation from the SEN one to my United frequent flyer number, but she refused, claiming that the system did not allow that. Even after insisting, the check-in agent have repeated the system's lack of ability to put in the united number after the M&M Senator one was on the file.

As I wanted these miles to be credited to United's program, and understanding that these (many miles) will be deducted from my M&M account, I've contacted your colleagues on the M&M website exactly one month ago, asking them to perform the correction. However, up until today, despite being a SEN, and despite this being C-class flights, I have heard nothing from the M&M team (besides the standard auto reply email).

I would really appreciate if you could help me sort this mess out.

Thanks in advance,
Dear mkilmo,

I am not sure what happend at the counter and why my colleagues were not able to change it there. However, deducting the miles from your M&M account afterwards in order to credit it to your United's account is not possible.

Nevertheless, I think we should still give it a try and ask my colleagues of Miles & More if an exception is somehow possible. Please be so kind and send me your details here http://f.lh.com/zVHQ.

Best,
Fatime

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.