Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by newbie elite
Hello, I have a question regarding the service my in-laws got on board LH474 MUC-YUL last friday. Before I start, I am not trying to assign blame as I was not there and every flight I have flown on LH has been decent (at worst) and very good (at best) when it comes to LH, this is what surprised me the most about their story. I am also very aware that I only got one side of the story. I am merely trying to see what expectations one should have when boarding an LH flight.

My in-laws were travelling with their 2 daughters aged 4 and 2. The 2-year old suffers from a genetic disease called Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. Normally, this condition, if treated right after birth, results in a perfectly normal child. There are, however, situations where this condition requires immediate attention. The parents informed the FA that the child had a rare genetic condition. This will be relevant later.

About 3/4 of the way into the flight, the 2 year old was squirming in her fathers arms as he was walking her up and down the aisle since she was not sleeping. She fell out and hit her head on an armrest and opened up a pretty severe gash on her forehead. I know head wounds often look worse than they are and parents tend to over-react but what happened next is what puzzles me, and I hope someone can enlighten me.

When they asked a FA for a bandage from the first aid kit, the FA replied they had no bandages and that ice and a towel would do. So that is what the parents did but the bleeding did not stop. They then pleaded with the FA to ask if there was a doctor on board, they did and a women doctor came up to check the situation out. She was informed of the childs condition and asked to see the first aid kit. She was shocked to discover that there was no disinfectant (only anti-bacterial gel which was useless in this situation) and no bandages anywhere on the plane. She managed to get a steri-strip from a passenger(!) and dressed the wound properly.

Once again, I would like to reiterate that this was just a nasty cut to the forehead and not life-threatening, but they found all the crew to be quite cold and unconcerned for the health of a 2 year-old. What happened next is the kicker, because of her condition, she loses salt if she gets to excited (which she was after falling, obviously) so her mom has to prepare an electrolyte solution. She went back to the galley to have some space and prepare the solution when a male FA rudely told her that she was in the way (no meals were being served or prepared) and she should leave. The mother was in shock until another FA (female) came and told her "don't mind him he is having a bad day, stay here"

Needless to say, we are quite puzzled at the lack of concern, rudeness and overall coldness of the crew and apparent lack of basic medical supplies on a TATL flight. I contrasted this with a recent AF flight where I got lightheaded and dizzy in Y and I immediately had 2 FA's around me asking me questions, offering me orange juice and water. They also coolled down the cabin since I was sweating. After 5 minutes and some fluids I felt fine, but I appreciated the concern shown to a 42-year old man feeling dizzy. I would like to think a bleeding 2-year old would get some attention, but not on this flight.

They are not looking for anything special, they just want to understand what their expectations should be when flying LH and should they carry their own basic first aid kit when flying. They all assumed that the first aid kit found on a plane would be at least as equipped as one you can have for your home.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this matter.
Thats strange that you had this happened. When I toured a few aircraft in FRA, I noticed each had a first aid kit as well as a full medical kit that was available for a doctor's use onboard. It was almost as large as a carry on trolley and was sealed with an inspection tag.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Update on issue I first raised on October 4th in this thread.

After no response from Lufthansa Customer Service on-line for a number of weeks (twice), interventions by the LH Lurkers definitely appeared to help move things along. Issue with LH now resolved to my satisfaction.

So thanks again to the LHLs.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:44 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by asimha
Day 5: The 10 hour flight to nowhere - Season 1, Episode II

Following my post of October 28th, I did eventually receive an email Friday afternoon, after which I have suggested to our LH Sales person to contact me directly at his earliest convenience. If this still does not happen I will post the contents of the reply I received which truly demonstrate the quality of the CRM tools used by Lufthansa and their preformatted responses which sadly avoid the essence of the original complaint of their top-tier customers ...
Hi Andre, I have sent you a PM regarding this issue. Vanessa
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:15 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Hi Vanessa and thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
PM answered a few minutes ago
Old Nov 8, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
I will stop posting for the moment as I did finally get a call from our LH Sales person today (after much insistence from our corporate Travel Team) , however for the time being no indication of a good-will gesture has been mentioned.

I will most probably still write a brief letter to LH's CEO just because I don't like spending my Sunday's going ... nowhere.

PS. Special mention to Vanessa who was kind enough to look into this matter!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear dedOr, I will contact my colleagues from Customer Relation regarding this issue. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you!

Fatime
Thanks again Lufthansa Lurker team! The money has already been transfered to my account and everything was solved to my satisfaction. That's what I call good customer service
Old Nov 9, 2012, 1:15 am

Hi LufthansaGermanAirlines,

I signed up to flyertalk out of frustration in trying to get an email contact to discuss an issue. I've tried several direct emails (most of which bounced) as well as the Lufthansa contact page. I've had two feedback reference numbers assigned, the first one seven weeks ago and the second one two weeks ago but no follow-up from Lufthansa.

We are flying from SIN->FRA->TRN on 30/12/12 and then a lengthy train/bus journey afterwards. We originally booked flight LH296 on the final leg, which at the time perfectly suited the rest of our itinerary. LH296 has been cancelled since our original booking, but only over that week (it flies up until 23/12/2012 and then resumes again 02/01/2013) and we have been rerouted on LH300, which greatly delays the rest of our journey and means we now have a long midwinter stopover in FRA. I think the pilot must be taking a Christmas break.

Can you please forward me on a contact email of someone who will address some specific questions I have? My local phone customer service representatives gave me some email addresses but as mentioned I haven't had success with them.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 6:20 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Intrugion
Hi LufthansaGermanAirlines,

I signed up to flyertalk out of frustration in trying to get an email contact to discuss an issue. I've tried several direct emails (most of which bounced) as well as the Lufthansa contact page. I've had two feedback reference numbers assigned, the first one seven weeks ago and the second one two weeks ago but no follow-up from Lufthansa.

We are flying from SIN->FRA->TRN on 30/12/12 and then a lengthy train/bus journey afterwards. We originally booked flight LH296 on the final leg, which at the time perfectly suited the rest of our itinerary. LH296 has been cancelled since our original booking, but only over that week (it flies up until 23/12/2012 and then resumes again 02/01/2013) and we have been rerouted on LH300, which greatly delays the rest of our journey and means we now have a long midwinter stopover in FRA. I think the pilot must be taking a Christmas break.

Can you please forward me on a contact email of someone who will address some specific questions I have? My local phone customer service representatives gave me some email addresses but as mentioned I haven't had success with them.

Dear Intrugion,
I understand that it must be frustrating to be informed about a schedule change which results in a longer lay-over at your transfer point. Should you have a question directly related to the schedule change, I recommend that you call my colleagues at the Service Center under the following link:http://f.lh.com/zyRu (please choose the relevant country from the drop-down menu).
Whereas your Feedback-ID's are concerned: may I ask you to please send the Feedack-ID's as well as additional information via the following link: http://f.lh.com/zVHQ - I will gladly check with my colleagues about the process of your enquiry.

Kind regards, Isabell
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:02 pm

Danke viel mals Isabell. I have sent a message via your second link.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:15 am

Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines

I've booked, a few months ago, 4 flights in total, where I've the following connection in FRA (same on all 4 flights, all in Economy):

LH779 arriving 06.00 -> LH 1184 departing 07:35

Now, Lufthansa had decided, as much as I could see, to cancel the later flight about 8.30am, and put LH1184 at a later date (in about the middle), at 08.10 departing time - and put me, or "kept me", on this flight.

As this means, reaching ZRH about 35min later than I booked, I'll arriving too late to make it into office during the core working hours - basically meaning, I've to take a day off - or, in my case, 4 days in total. Not something I really like.. (internal rules do say, if it's not my fault that I'm late, then I won't need to take a day off.. and with the original 07.35 departure, arrival 08.30, I was well within the limits allowed - but my boss told me, that if I know ahead of the schedule change, that the original booking won't count)

Now, there is still the 06.40 flight LH1182, with plenty of availability at least for the first upcoming flight (FlightStats say "all open", and the first flight will be in 2 weeks, so I really can't see this being sold out)

But the LH hotline (SEN) does refuse to rebook me onto the 0640 flight.

I know that the 0640 flight would give me only 40 minutes to connect in FRA, but I entirely know that IF LH779 is on time (or often a bit earlier than 0600 - in about 90% of all cases, if flightstats can be trusted) I can make it. I've a Euro passport so quick immigration will be a given, I know FRA including the tunnel from B to A which I'll have to take most probably well, and usually at this time of the day, not yet much queues to speak of at the security check.

I'll not have checked luggage, and I can be a very fast walker. Even if the flight will depart at A40, I can see myself making it easily before 0630 there, without setting a new world record at 800m hurdles. I just had an arrival at 0520 this week, when I reached the SEN lounge in A+ at 0550, and that was without any hurryness of myself. So, 30 minutes if leisure walking, probably could cut it to 20 minutes if going fast (and security/border control under 5min wait as it was this week)

But, as said before, the hotline did refused to rebook me onto the 0640 flight LH1182. I talked to two different agents, one of them said, they won't rebook me at all because my flight schedule change was less than 1 hour (but apparently, he would be willing had it been more?!), while the other just stated the minimum connection time and that it won't be possible because of it..

Now, I know there IS a risk of missing the flight - I would be perfectly fine if I had to standby on the 0810 (and even take a later one, if it would be full by then), if I miss the 0640, OR if somehow they could put me on standby to the 0640, and if I can't make it/it's full, then I would just be on the 0810 - in any case, it would be better than to just have to make the 0810 and missing a whole day at work (as it's "my fault" then, to arrive too late at work, while with the 0640, even if missing it but having the confirmation I was booked on it, it wouldn't be.. don't ask about the rules of my company, please )

So - any chance, I could get onto the 0640? I was thinking of just going to the gate, and if still open, ask there, but if there would be anything you could do, to put me on LH1182, either Standby, Confirmed, or whatever, it would be greatly appreciated.

If needed, please let me know, and I can provide you with my eticket/PNR number for the 4 tickets with my biggest pleasure.

Thank you very much ^
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:20 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
So - any chance, I could get onto the 0640?
The only chance I see is if

- you buy a standalone ticket FRA-ZRH for 0640, check in online and arrive at the gate in time

- you have a fully flexible ticket, arrive at the gate in time, and seats in your booking class are still available

HTB.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: marriott platinum
Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines,

I recently flew from MUC to LAX and was refused the window seat I had reserved in Business class. The seat went to a UA f/f.

When I checked the night before the window seat was in my resveration. I was the 11th to check in and was told that my seat was no longer available.

If LH can not hold the reservation for their Gold card members, Why offer the service.!!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: marriott platinum

On the route, MAN-FRA-SIN the Star Alliance APP has LH947/LH778 as an option. Which shows as a layover time as 1 hour 10 minutes.
However, on 22nd October 2012 when I tried to delay my MAN flight to this flight, LH said I would have to pay GBP 400 to be re-routed via DUS, as LH claims the system refuses LH947/LH778, as it is less than the minimum lay over period of 45 minutes required at FRA
I have just checked the LH full web page and it allows it. Therefore, was LH just trying to get more money out of me and thought I was stupid, or is the LH Timetable misprinted?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:19 am

I just tried to book a flight on the website (MXP-HKG, March 13-19).

The website then gives two options, a "Business Basic" for approx. 2000EUR and a "Business Flex" for approx 3000EUR. If you click on the little "i" button to get the fare conditions it lists "Business Flex" as earning 200% miles and eligible for upgrades, giving the impression its at least a D class fare.

Even if you select the fare in "Business Flex" it is clearly stated its earning 200% Miles and eligible for Upgrade in the little info field under the price.

Surprise, surprise, when you then hit next and the summary pops up it comes up as a Z fare, obviously neither earning full miles nor eligible for upgrades. I did call the hotline and they confirmed it is a Z fare.

I can only hope that this is some programming glitch rather than a deceitful attempt to cheat customers. I am sure there are quite a few travellers unaware of the different booking classes who would have gone ahead and booked the flight - to be surprised afterwards. Would you be able to explain this "phenomenon"?

Many thanks
primetime23
Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by primetime23

I just tried to book a flight on the website (MXP-HKG, March 13-19).

The website then gives two options, a "Business Basic" for approx. 2000EUR and a "Business Flex" for approx 3000EUR. If you click on the little "i" button to get the fare conditions it lists "Business Flex" as earning 200% miles and eligible for upgrades, giving the impression its at least a D class fare.

Even if you select the fare in "Business Flex" it is clearly stated its earning 200% Miles and eligible for Upgrade in the little info field under the price.

Surprise, surprise, when you then hit next and the summary pops up it comes up as a Z fare, obviously neither earning full miles nor eligible for upgrades. I did call the hotline and they confirmed it is a Z fare.

I can only hope that this is some programming glitch rather than a deceitful attempt to cheat customers. I am sure there are quite a few travellers unaware of the different booking classes who would have gone ahead and booked the flight - to be surprised afterwards. Would you be able to explain this "phenomenon"?

Many thanks
primetime23
This glitch comes up on many examples ex-Italy. Good to bring it up. If you need any more examples let me know and I can make some screen shots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.