Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 3:23 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear Terbang,
I will contact my colleagues of Miles & More regarding this and get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Best, Fatime
Dear LH Team,

On October 8 you wrote the above.
We are now October 19 and I have not heard anything yet. I thought my case is not that difficult. At least it does not require rocket science, does it??
Can you tell me the status?? More miles of my wife are expiring at the end of this year.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 3:32 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by nrjanga
Thanks for the offer, I will remember it for the next time.

I guess I will take my chances at the airport tonight and worst case I can ship the excess back to my folks here in India. Thanks again.

I will take the printout with what United thinks my allowance should be, not sure if Lufthansa will give a care.
United should give you the the 3 x 32 kgs - this is why you bought a ticket from them, right??
Old Oct 19, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Gold
Yes that is what United is showing, but I will be happy if LH lets me do 3 x 23kg.

Ticket was bought through my travel agency, it is probably cheaper with United codeshare flights. I could check if they can change it to LH stock, if that makes a difference.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Ladies & Gentlemen,
another reminder not to discuss topics in the Lurker thread. See post #1 for guidelines on how to post/use this thread.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum

Last edited by oliver2002; Oct 19, 2012 at 6:45 am
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ladies & Gentle,
another reminder not to discuss topics in the Lurker thread. See post #1 for guidelines on how to post/use this thread.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Is that a way to keep the thread boring so that nobody will read it?

I also have not heard any further progress on the topic of code sharing. Last I heard, substantial progress was made.... The question still is: what will happen first? LH putting forward the codeshare booking class during booking or landing a man on the Mars? IMHO the second is more likely
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: FB PLAT / TK GOLD
Dear Lurkers,

i am trying to understand if flight to/from CMN are suspended or not. And if yes, if it is temporary or not.
The website is requiring to reserve only by phone but the operators can't do it.
Regards
Old Oct 19, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Gold
My apologies that a lurker clarification turned into a discussion. Anyway just checked in and they took my 3 bags @ 23kg each no questions asked.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:01 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Terbang
Dear LH Team,

On October 8 you wrote the above.
We are now October 19 and I have not heard anything yet. I thought my case is not that difficult. At least it does not require rocket science, does it??
Can you tell me the status?? More miles of my wife are expiring at the end of this year.
Dear Terbang, I'm sorry to hear that Miles & More haven't contacted you yet. However, after sending an urgent reminder I have just received the information that the name of the account of Mrs. Firstname Lastname was corrected and a new card with the same number is ordered. The expired miles and the miles for the recent flights are now credited. Please feel free to double check and contact us again if you have further questions regarding this.

Fatime

Last edited by totti; Oct 22, 2012 at 5:17 am Reason: removed personal information
Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines, I've reserved seats on my upcoming flight (Seats only available to SEN/HON) - as this is the first time I'm flying longhaul Economy as SEN, the seat reservation does make quite sense (exit row) rather than when I was just a FTL or flying Business, where the difference in what's available is lesser and I never cared about it much. Aisle is aisle..

So, now my question is, I reserved a very good exit row seat, is there a "deadline" I need to be checked in on flight day, before it gets automatically "free" for other pax, or is the seat available for me till the very last minute of checkin time?

I might not be able to online checkin that day (but if you tell me I should to make sure I keep my seat, I might be able to have it arranged), and will reach the airport probably quite tight (still ok for checkin deadline - but only by about 20 minutes) - I most certainly don't want to lose my seat and be placed in the last row middle seat for a 12 hours flight.. Thank you
Dear YuropFlyer, as a SEN you are entitled to reserve an Emergency Exit seat, please bear in mind however, that no seat reservation is guaranteed – changes can be made in exceptional cases by the check-in staff at the airport if deemed necessary. I therefore recommend that you have your check-in arranged 23 hours prior to departure. I hope the information is useful, Isabell
Old Oct 22, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
Thanks

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear Terbang, I'm sorry to hear that Miles & More haven't contacted you yet. However, after sending an urgent reminder I have just received the information that the name of the account of Mrs. Firstname Lastname was corrected and a new card with the same number is ordered. The expired miles and the miles for the recent flights are now credited. Please feel free to double check and contact us again if you have further questions regarding this.

Fatime
Dear Fatime,

Indeed the actions you described have been executed. Thank you very much for your help.
The only thing pending now is the crediting of the myChoice miles of 4 x 2.000 miles. I presume this might require some time as the LH computer run for myChoice is not done daily.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by UM78
Dear Lurkers,

i am trying to understand if flight to/from CMN are suspended or not. And if yes, if it is temporary or not.
The website is requiring to reserve only by phone but the operators can't do it.
Regards
Dear UM78,
Flights to/from CMN are not operated during the winter schedule. With the start of the summer schedule (March, 22nd 2013) Lufthansa will resume the direct flight FRA-CMN v.v. Therefore it is not possible to book or reserve any flights to CMN until March 22nd, of course you can do so for all later flights. Kind regards, Vanessa
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Hi LufthansaGermanAirlines team,

One questions on online bookings for Star Alliance in general.
Can we expect soon new partners (beyond the M&M integrated partners) to be bookable online?

IMO this would be a fantastic improvement (Avianca managed, since day 1 of Star alliance, to have quite a lot of online partners so I guess it's a question of priorities)

Thanks in advance
GBM
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:15 am

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Dear LH Lurkers,
Thanks to LH for another excellent in-flight first-class experience, this time from FRA (new z gate) to IAH on the 380. My first 380 first-class trip and everything on board was wonderful. The problems were before and after the flight.
As to the before issue, boarding at the new Z gate was a mess. After a very long walk from the lounge, I experienced a huge aggressive crowd at the gate. There were no stanchions or other devices to provide a separated area for premium boarding. How could that be in a brand new terminal?
As to the after issue, the checked bag delivery at IAH was most problematic. The staff delivered all the IAH destination bags first, premium and non-premium. Then finally started the connecting passenger bags. This makes no sense, as connecting passengers are inherently in a rush. But the staff at the baggage area told me that it is always done this way! I made my connection with much stress. But many others were not as fortunate.
Feel free to PM me if you need more detail.
Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:40 am

Dear LH Lurkers,

first of all thank you for your efforts in establishing and maintaining this channel of direct communication. As far as I have seen you have been able to resolve quite a few issues of other users.

Two weeks ago, I came back from MEX to FRA via IAH on LH441 arriving on October 7. My baggage got stuck in IAH and I did not receive it until October 10. Unfortunately in the meantime I was required to buy clothes and toiletries.
As per the rules I know that I am untitled to 50% of reimbursement for clothes and 100% for necessary toiletry items. The remaining 50% will be covered by my coporate insurance. However, they have asked me to send the original receipts otherwise they will not be able to reimburse me. Thus, I have asked LH if it is possible to send the copies only or signing a binding letter that I agree to not file any other reimbursement claims with these receipts. I have heard that LH used this procedure in similar cases.

I've contacted LH via email (Feedback ID 21732538), but have not received an answer so far. The reason why I am forwarding this to you is that my insurance gave me a deadline to file the claim which is due on October 30.

I would appreciate if you could look into my case.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards
Old Oct 23, 2012, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by GBM.flights
Hi LufthansaGermanAirlines team,

One questions on online bookings for Star Alliance in general.
Can we expect soon new partners (beyond the M&M integrated partners) to be bookable online?

IMO this would be a fantastic improvement (Avianca managed, since day 1 of Star alliance, to have quite a lot of online partners so I guess it's a question of priorities)

Thanks in advance
GBM
Dear GBM, I will contact my colleagues of LH.COM Websupport regarding this. I am not sure if there are already plans, but let's point this wish out at least!

Fatime

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.