Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Dear Michaela, Anna, Elke, Vanessa, Fatime and Isabell,

The most annoying feature of LH and M&M is the black box that is code shares. On the LH website one books flights with explicit mention of "100% mileage earnings". However, this is near customer misleading, since code share flights may go to any booking class known to man. That LH cannot provide customers with this booking class upfront is amazing. Please fix it, so that I see which booking class a codeshare flight will book into.

And don't give us, the "oh, we can't because it's to difficult due to (1) bla, (2) bla, and (3) bla " and also not "you have to call our customer support for that". LH knows the possibilities of internet information exchange does it?

We put men on the moon, this shouldn't be anywhere difficult to provide.

It's simply called good customer service.

Btw, great initiative this 3.0!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 8:44 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Terbang
Dear Isabell,

I appreciate the clear answers you have given so far on the first 3 threads.

On this Forum it has been stated regulary that the rules regarding OpUp's have been changed at LH.
The so-called grading list at the gate was in the past based upon status of the passengers (first Hon than Senator, etc).
Now it is stated on this forum that the price paid is the decision factor (travel class).
Would you be so kind to confirm that this change in OpUp procedure at LH has been implemented??

Thank you in advance.
Dear Seat 1 a, dear Terbang, dear LowEnd – in order to be 100% sure that I am giving you the correct information regarding op-ups, I have spoken with the department directly responsible for this procedure. Any op-ups at the airport are always based on an automated pre-determined list, and on this list, the M&M status of the passenger is the main criteria of priority.
Kind regards,
Isabell
Old Sep 27, 2012, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by szg
Welcome to FT Michaela, Anna, Elke, Vanessa, Fatime and Isabell !!
Dear SZG, thank you very much for the welcome. We're glad to be part of FT! Kind regards, Isabell
Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:32 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
, I have spoken with the department directly responsible for this procedure. Any op-ups at the airport are always based on an automated pre-determined list, and on this list, the M&M status of the passenger is the main criteria of priority.
Kind regards,
Isabell
Dear Isabell,

Thank you for the clear answer.
Can you tell us also what the other criteria are?? or do I push to hard now.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:44 am

Does that mean if I show up at the airport and ask to upgrade with miles I (if I have no stauts) go right to the back of the line??? doesn't that in effect mean I will never get a chance to upgrade and use my miles unless I have status?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 5:28 am

Believe the issue is about opup.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 5:32 am

Opps sorry over read that.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman
Dear Michaela, Anna, Elke, Vanessa, Fatime and Isabell,

The most annoying feature of LH and M&M is the black box that is code shares. On the LH website one books flights with explicit mention of "100% mileage earnings". However, this is near customer misleading, since code share flights may go to any booking class known to man. That LH cannot provide customers with this booking class upfront is amazing. Please fix it, so that I see which booking class a codeshare flight will book into.

And don't give us, the "oh, we can't because it's to difficult due to (1) bla, (2) bla, and (3) bla " and also not "you have to call our customer support for that". LH knows the possibilities of internet information exchange does it?

We put men on the moon, this shouldn't be anywhere difficult to provide.

It's simply called good customer service.

Btw, great initiative this 3.0!
Dear FlyinDutchman, I can see the point you are raising and I will forward it to our colleagues at Miles & More and LH.com. I honestly do not know if this issue can be easily resolved, but I am glad you raised it - so thank you for that.

Btw, we are happy to be here ;-).
Best, Fatime
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Terbang
Dear Isabell,

Thank you for the clear answer.
Can you tell us also what the other criteria are?? or do I push to hard now.
Well, it's always worth asking, isn't it :-)? However, I can't really give you a set list of criteria as the main deciding factor is indeed customer status. Individual circumstances can mean that other factors might be taken into consideration, but it really does depend on the specific situation and is by no means an arbitrary decision.

Have a nice weekend, Fatime
Old Sep 29, 2012, 1:56 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Our customers have shown us that they prefer to give online feedback. This is quicker, easier and also environmentally friendlier...
I don't want to appear like a troublemaker, but I'm troubled by this answer. It's about the same level as the explanation of why the 10% (I believe) discount vouchers for US status members have been discontinued: "the customers have told us that they prefer not to receive them". In other words: the explanation is just a smokescreen of marketing blabla.

My advice to you, if you want to be taken seriously on this board, would be to refrain from using this kind of marketing blabla. It's offensive to anyone still using his or her brain. I know that your print media (Exclusive Magazine etc) are full of this kind of language, but people who see through this have been offended for years. The difference here is that they can talk back.

So I would like to offer a translation of your explanation: "Many customers prefer to give online feedback. Since LH can save a lot of money by not providing feedback forms on board, we have discountinued this option."

I admit, there may also be a number of other reasons, e.g.:

- Customers tend to be very emotional if they write a feedback directly after an incident -- having to go online first will allow them to cool down
- Feedback forms may "get lost" if handed to crew that feels they could be negatively affected by the feedback given.
- Handwriting is often difficult to read.
- Copying the handwritten feedback forms into the computer system is timel and costly.

Simply "blaming" customer for the fact that paper feedback forms are not longer available is just not right.

HTB.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Dear Seat 1 a, dear Terbang, dear LowEnd – in order to be 100% sure that I am giving you the correct information regarding op-ups, I have spoken with the department directly responsible for this procedure. Any op-ups at the airport are always based on an automated pre-determined list, and on this list, the M&M status of the passenger is the main criteria of priority.
Kind regards,
Isabell
Dear all,
this is my first post on Flyertalk. I have come here when I read "Flyertalk" a couple of times in newspapers. Many of them had negative reports on how LH is currently handling its most frequent flyers.

I am HON and I have heavy problems with LH at the moment. And to tell the truth, I believe that this 'LufthansaGermanAirlines' account is eather fake or it is the best way to show what LH currently thinks of its customers:
Just few days ago LH confirmed to me in written that the statement above is NOT true. But it is again a thing of interpretation: What does 'main' mean?

At first, at the phone, the HON Circle feedback team denied that there are other factors. But then I received the reply in written: 'Indeed, the check-in system is at first proposing the highest-value (hochwertigsten) tickets for op-ups. If these are the same, we prefer the HON members.'

Thanks LH! I think there is nothing more to say about.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 1:02 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by EBookLover
At first, at the phone, the HON Circle feedback team denied that there are other factors. But then I received the reply in written: 'Indeed, the check-in system is at first proposing the highest-value (hochwertigsten) tickets for op-ups. If these are the same, we prefer the HON members.'

Thanks LH! I think there is nothing more to say about.
I can confirm to have received the same information.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 1:19 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Our customers have shown us that they prefer to give online feedback. This is quicker, easier and also environmentally friendlier. We do hope to encourage our customers to give us as much feedback as possible this way: This is why the online form also allows attachments. You can find it here: http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Feedback
I tend to agree with htb. I much prefer paper feedback forms that I can fill out during the plane ride or layover. Until I have internet access again it might be some days later and I might have forgotten that I actually wanted to write feedback. SK did the same (moved from paper feedback sheets to an online form) and after my last longhaul with them I would have liked to leave a complimenting note about great service - but couldn't. Three days later at home, when I would have had access to their online form again, I simply forgot, and now it seems too long ago to still be valuable. Telling me that we "customers have shown that we prefer to give online feedback" feels very much like "we don't care about your opinions anyway".
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by htb
I don't want to appear like a troublemaker, but I'm troubled by this answer. It's about the same level as the explanation of why the 10% (I believe) discount vouchers for US status members have been discontinued: "the customers have told us that they prefer not to receive them". In other words: the explanation is just a smokescreen of marketing blabla.

My advice to you, if you want to be taken seriously on this board, would be to refrain from using this kind of marketing blabla. It's offensive to anyone still using his or her brain. I know that your print media (Exclusive Magazine etc) are full of this kind of language, but people who see through this have been offended for years. The difference here is that they can talk back.

So I would like to offer a translation of your explanation: "Many customers prefer to give online feedback. Since LH can save a lot of money by not providing feedback forms on board, we have discountinued this option."

I admit, there may also be a number of other reasons, e.g.:

- Customers tend to be very emotional if they write a feedback directly after an incident -- having to go online first will allow them to cool down
- Feedback forms may "get lost" if handed to crew that feels they could be negatively affected by the feedback given.
- Handwriting is often difficult to read.
- Copying the handwritten feedback forms into the computer system is timel and costly.

Simply "blaming" customer for the fact that paper feedback forms are not longer available is just not right.

HTB.
Honestly, what do we expect from a company that is in its "Lufthansa Magazin", which is distributed everywhere, still claiming that "you receive 200% mileage in business class"?? I thought it is a mistake in the September issue but it is even written in German and English in the October issue.

And then they blaim the customer to be too stupid to understand that several classes earn much less than that. They are just not playing the game in a nice way.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Zeehe
I tend to agree with htb. I much prefer paper feedback forms that I can fill out during the plane ride or layover. Until I have internet access again it might be some days later and I might have forgotten that I actually wanted to write feedback. SK did the same (moved from paper feedback sheets to an online form) and after my last longhaul with them I would have liked to leave a complimenting note about great service - but couldn't. Three days later at home, when I would have had access to their online form again, I simply forgot, and now it seems too long ago to still be valuable. Telling me that we "customers have shown that we prefer to give online feedback" feels very much like "we don't care about your opinions anyway".
Hi Zeehe, hi htb,

I won’t deny that of course online is more cost-efficient than paper. However, I also have to say that our experience is that with the wide-spread use of Smartphones and WiFi these days, more and more people are giving their feedback electronically – and many times immediately - via the online form, Facebook, Twitter, and not to forget Blogs such as Flyertalk…. But I do see your point about wanting to give feedback right when it happens and not having to wait until you get off the plane. How about typing into your phone or PC on board and then just sending it upon arrival? That way your experience is still “fresh” and we still have a chance of hearing about it. And I can promise you that we DO want to hear what you have to say – otherwise we wouldn’t be here on Flyertalk…..

Michaela

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.