Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Lightbulb Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Dear fellow Flyertalkers,

please join us in welcoming the newest Lufthansa Lurker in our forum.

LufthansaGermanAirlines will be the version 3.0 of LH's continued presence on FT.

We are very happy that after working together for more than a year that this project is ready for take off. LH recognises that FTers have intricate knowledge of their product and feedback received from this forum is taken seriously.

Note that LH doesn't intend to open a new way/channel to submit queries to customer relations here at FT, rather they want to hear what you have to say and identify what is going wrong.

A few housekeeping rules:
  • Please do not to respond to queries posted by others directed at the lurker
  • This thread is flame free, so there are no stupid questions
  • The lurker will primarily focus on this thread alone, so if you want to attract their attention to a hot topic, please feel free to post a pointer in this thread
  • If a certain topic evolves into a discussion, please alert the mods so we can split off the discussion into a separate thread
  • The Lurker(s) are regular members of FT, so off topic comments about them, post stalking etc etc will be dealt with as per the FT TOS.

Five years Randy ago said the following wise words:
Originally Posted by Talkmail June 25, 2007
Welcome LHrelate, and please don't let us FTers scare you off. Deep down we really are a decent bunch of people -- though in some cases you'll need to drill deeper than others
So let the games begin!

Best regards,

Totti & Oliver2002

Moderators M&M forum
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:27 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Dear Flyertalkers,

Thank you very much for the introduction, Oliver2002 and Totti!

We are sorry that our return to Flyertalk has taken us longer than originally planned - but this means that we are all the more excited to get back into the “game”! As the saying goes: “Good things come to those who wait”…..and we do hope that you will consider it to be a good thing that we’re back.

There has been a change in our set-up for version 3.0 – we are now a team with a sound background in customer service, backed up by colleagues in various departments to help out.

We will be available weekdays 9 to 5 CET. As we all do still have our “regular” jobs we will not necessarily react immediately. We can promise you though that we will try to answer any question you may have – and if we don’t have the answer right away, we will certainly try to get it for you. And of course we are curious to hear your opinions, suggestions, ideas etc.

What do we ask of you? If you have a specific Customer Relations / Service issue that needs to be handled, please use your usual Lufthansa contacts. It is our aim to listen to what you have to say, to help with your questions and to pass the knowledge gained by your contributions here to our management.

So here’s to a productive exchange!

Michaela, Anna, Elke, Vanessa, Fatime and Isabell
Old Sep 25, 2012, 3:39 am

Programs: LH FT, IB
Welcome and be prepared for a hard work

It will not be easy, but I believe it will be productive for all. For us, travellers, but also for you (The Six - Team) and for Lufthansa.

Hope that all parts can ear what the others have to say (and not just some personal rants, but some strong opinions about Lufthansa's services nowadays).

"Let's the game start!"

Best Regards
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
No more exit row selection?

Dear Lurkers,

Allow me to take advantage of and to welcome you!

As briefly as I can:

1) I book flights from GVA to MCO via FRA for Feb 2013 in Economy class ("S" so that I can upgrade the return leg with miles)
2) I select my seats (front row economy 16A,B)
3) I pay in full (~CHF 3000)
4) I register for an upgrade for the return leg which is granted a week later (thank you!)
5) I check the seating, aircraft has now changed to A340-600 front row economy seats are now exit rows, and as I was told by LH Customer Service "new regulations" do not allow me to choose those seats prior to checking in. I am now in row 27 which, if I am not mistaken has no window and very restricted leg room (AVOD under the front seat)

Great! Now what?

PS. Curious about the new regulations as I am also a Gold member of another airline which has no problem allowing me to select an exit row through their booking module ...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: LH M&M
Hi LH Lurkers,

Welcome! Great to see you here collecting feedback. As a new FTer myself, here's my story:
  • Based in FRA
  • Mostly TATL flights for work, almost always in S or W. Very very seldom in C.
  • Very seldom TATL flights for pleasure, preferred Z.
  • FTL the last 4 years or so (~70,000 miles p.a. from S/W since joining my current company), very recent SEN promotion

Current insights (aka thinly veiled complaints)
  • overrun lounges in FRA - admittedly, my first SEN lounge visit won't be for another two days
  • non-existent op-ups from S/W to Z -once in about 40 TATL flights in the past as FTL, low hopes of change after viewing this thread
  • expensive mileage upgrade from standard eco to business

I've always been satisfied with the LH experience as a semi-FTL. Now that I fly TATL more often, the above list has me close to convinced that I should book with UA starting 1 Jan 2013. *G is easier to reach, which means connecting flights in NA are always op-up as I understand, and mileage upgrades are much more affordable.

Cheers
Low End
Old Sep 25, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Welcome to FT !

I was just on a LH longhaul flight today and learned the LH stopped providing feedback forms to passengers due to cost savings ....I find this an interesting approach in stopping to collect feedback from your customers...and the crew members I spoke during the flight agreed with me. Anyway ..seems new ways of communications are found ...welcome to FT again.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by asimha
5) I check the seating, aircraft has now changed to A340-600 front row economy seats are now exit rows, and as I was told by LH Customer Service "new regulations" do not allow me to choose those seats prior to checking in. I am now in row 27 which, if I am not mistaken has no window and very restricted leg room (AVOD under the front seat)
For a while now, LH has a rule that there's no exit row in advance on the A346. Official reason is security (there's no FA by the exit).
Old Sep 26, 2012, 4:00 am

Don't you just love how the industry is non-standardised ... :-)
No big deal really, just a comment.

Old Sep 26, 2012, 4:12 am

Hello asimha,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

You were informed correctly by my colleagues in the Service Center. The regulation regarding the advance seat reservation on the A340-600 was implemented for overwing-exit-seats on February 4, 2010 . The federal aviation office decided that all four exit seats in this row must be occupied. In general, emergency seats can be reserved by status members, though. To abide the federal regulation, advance seat reservation for all passengers had to be put out of action – therefore these seats are only accessible upon check-in 23 hours prior to departure. Please understand that this is out of our hands and we are sorry that we cannot offer the usual service here. I would recommend you to check in as soon as the flight is available, so that you can still get your preferred seat.

Best regards,

Isabell
Old Sep 26, 2012, 4:18 am

Dear Isabell, thank you so much for your feedback and explanations!
I will attempt to be the first one to click the "check-in" button before the flight.
Rest assured I still enjoy LH and LX very much
Best!
Andre
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:37 am

Hello LowEnd,

Thank you for the welcome – we're glad to be back!
We always appreciate your feedback and will forward it to the responsible person at Lufthansa.
There's good news regarding the situation in the lounges. Check out the latest news here: http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Lounge-News

Whereas ad-hoc op-ups at the airport are concerned – our colleagues at the individual stations decide upon those by several criteria. I can however assure you, that our status customers are definitely preferred.

Thank you for your loyalty - I do hope that you are enjoying the benefits of your newly earned SEN-status

Best regards,

Isabell
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:39 am

Hello HKG1111,
Thank you for the hearty welcome.

Our customers have shown us that they prefer to give online feedback. This is quicker, easier and also environmentally friendlier. We do hope to encourage our customers to give us as much feedback as possible this way: This is why the online form also allows attachments. You can find it here: http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Feedback

We're looking forward to hearing from you again - via lufthansa.com or via FT.

Kind regards,

Isabell
Old Sep 26, 2012, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines

Whereas ad-hoc op-ups at the airport are concerned – I can however assure you, that our status customers are definitely preferred.
Hello Ladies , good to have you here.

Are you sure about this statement ?
Quite a few threads here that states that the policy has now changed.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:53 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Welcome to FT Michaela, Anna, Elke, Vanessa, Fatime and Isabell !!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:48 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello asimha,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

You were informed correctly by my colleagues in the Service Center. The regulation regarding the advance seat reservation on the A340-600 was implemented for overwing-exit-seats on February 4, 2010 . The federal aviation office decided that all four exit seats in this row must be occupied. In general, emergency seats can be reserved by status members, though. To abide the federal regulation, advance seat reservation for all passengers had to be put out of action – therefore these seats are only accessible upon check-in 23 hours prior to departure. Please understand that this is out of our hands and we are sorry that we cannot offer the usual service here. I would recommend you to check in as soon as the flight is available, so that you can still get your preferred seat.

Best regards,

Isabell
Dear Isabell,

I appreciate the clear answers you have given so far on the first 3 threads.

On this Forum it has been stated regulary that the rules regarding OpUp's have been changed at LH.
The so-called grading list at the gate was in the past based upon status of the passengers (first Hon than Senator, etc).
Now it is stated on this forum that the price paid is the decision factor (travel class).
Would you be so kind to confirm that this change in OpUp procedure at LH has been implemented??

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Terbang; Sep 27, 2012 at 7:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.