Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old Feb 3, 16, 3:59 am
  #1276  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 881
Originally Posted by vonsax View Post
Hi Vanessa,

Unfortunately, the link to the Miles & More IT support team you provided is not working either. Here is what the page I get to says:
Dear User,

The page you have tried to access is unfortunately no longer available. This could be because the contents have been removed from the net, there is a typing error in the URL or the bookmark is not up-to-date.

Your Miles & More Team
I don't know who is maintaining your IT systems, but you seriously need to consider whether the quality of IT services you are getting, and providing downstream to your customers, is up to snuff.

By the way, I have been getting the "Technical Error" page when trying to perform a Star Alliance online upgrade on other reservations as well, so it seems to me the problem is not isolated.
Hi again, vonsax,

I regret to hear that you're facing difficulties upon access of the link offered - it works perfectly fine for us. Alternatively, please try this link or by starting at the Miles&More website > Help & Contact > Contact by phone. Should you have trouble to use this way also, please find the Technical support's contact in Germany on the image attached.

I do understand the frustration as, of course, you expect offered services on our website to function as supposed. However, technical issues are best to be discussed with our colleagues at the Internet Service Center, who can look into mentioned problem and report the error so it can be fixed accordingly. An even quicker way to find out about the upgrade possibility on your LOT flight could be a phone call to the Miles&More Service Team.

Best, Katharina
Attached Images  
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Old Feb 3, 16, 5:01 pm
  #1277  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 7,947
I totally second the fact that the Miles & More website is not functioning as it should in terms of IT. Usually, in order to perform a second search, I need to sign out and sign back in again. And there's lots of other frustrating small bugs. I think it needs looking at by a technician who knows what he is doing, just so that it can become usable again.
Concerto is offline  
Old Feb 4, 16, 4:41 am
  #1278  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 881
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
I totally second the fact that the Miles & More website is not functioning as it should in terms of IT. Usually, in order to perform a second search, I need to sign out and sign back in again. And there's lots of other frustrating small bugs. I think it needs looking at by a technician who knows what he is doing, just so that it can become usable again.
Hi Concerto, thank you for the hint, my colleagues are already aware of the bug. For bookings on short notice I recommend getting in touch with the Service Center directly until it's fixed. Sandra
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Old Feb 4, 16, 7:20 am
  #1279  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: AMS/RTM
Posts: 2,433
Hello LH Lurkers,

Could you provide some background on the biometric lounge trial running at MUC? I posted my (negative) impression here.

Are people entering the lounge with someone else's credentials really that much of a problem?

Please make sure to report a humble SEN's negative impression.

Thank you!
malmostoso is online now  
Old Feb 5, 16, 4:17 am
  #1280  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Dear Lurkers,

booked in Y+, i need a vouncher to get lounge access. But where can i order this vouncher? At the airport? At the lounge? In advance or not?

Thank you!
AirVance is offline  
Old Feb 5, 16, 6:18 am
  #1281  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 881
Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
Hello LH Lurkers,

Could you provide some background on the biometric lounge trial running at MUC? I posted my (negative) impression here.

Are people entering the lounge with someone else's credentials really that much of a problem?

Please make sure to report a humble SEN's negative impression.

Thank you!

Hello malmostoso, I have forwarded your post along with your feedback to the respsonsible party. It may very well be a measure against fraud. Once I receive a reply, I will inform you accordingly.
Have agreat weekend.
Isabell
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Old Feb 5, 16, 6:19 am
  #1282  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 881
Originally Posted by AirVance View Post
Dear Lurkers,

booked in Y+, i need a vouncher to get lounge access. But where can i order this vouncher? At the airport? At the lounge? In advance or not?

Thank you!

Hello AirVance, we're looking forward to welcoming you on board soon. The lounge vouchers can not be ordered in advance, you will be able to purchase the voucher for lounge access at the ticket counter at the airport.
Best regards,
Isabell
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Old Feb 5, 16, 2:31 pm
  #1283  
htb
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Programs: LH M&M (was: SEN), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold
Posts: 4,588
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
[Facial recognition for lounge access]It may very well be a measure against fraud.
This is hillarious. Considering the reliability of current facial recognition systems used for border control (either you get too many false negatives, or you pretty much let everyone through that matches even remotely) I was already planning to just attempt walking through once the system is in place...

HTB.
htb is offline  
Old Feb 6, 16, 6:47 am
  #1284  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: TXL-FRA-MUC-LHR.
Programs: LH-SEN, Etihad-G, BA-S, GHA-Black, HH-Diamond, PC-Plat, SPG+Marriot-G.
Posts: 103
Thumbs down Senator Premium Award

I am just spending the 43rd minute in the call center queue, trying to book a Senator Premium Award.

First try: Tried to book on the website, which does not support.

Second try: Tried to book by phone, call center agent said Senator Premium Award were only flights, not upgrades; asked her to check, came back after more than 10 minutes and said she would put it in some "queue" but could not confirm - and could not tell me if/when it would be confirmed. Maybe in a day, maybe just before the flight, maybe never. I asked whether anyone could tell me - answer was no, no one

3rd try: Tried to get through to supervisor, now in call fo another 10 minutes

So, LH voided all my 12 E-Vouchers a few years back, after making them useless in the 1st place. Now I have approx. 3,5 Mio miles which I cannot use even with a Senator Premium Award.

UPDATE

After more than an hour, could not talk with supervisor, center agent talked me into trying to book ("maybe its going to go through") and now the booking is in the queue with a vague promise someone will look into it on Monday.

Maybe this is just a clever move by LH so that SENs with too many miles volounteer to pay 150% of miles, and end up in waitlist anyway

Last edited by fra_muc; Feb 6, 16 at 7:24 am
fra_muc is offline  
Old Feb 8, 16, 8:13 am
  #1285  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 881
Originally Posted by fra_muc View Post
I am just spending the 43rd minute in the call center queue, trying to book a Senator Premium Award.

First try: Tried to book on the website, which does not support.

Second try: Tried to book by phone, call center agent said Senator Premium Award were only flights, not upgrades; asked her to check, came back after more than 10 minutes and said she would put it in some "queue" but could not confirm - and could not tell me if/when it would be confirmed. Maybe in a day, maybe just before the flight, maybe never. I asked whether anyone could tell me - answer was no, no one

3rd try: Tried to get through to supervisor, now in call fo another 10 minutes

So, LH voided all my 12 E-Vouchers a few years back, after making them useless in the 1st place. Now I have approx. 3,5 Mio miles which I cannot use even with a Senator Premium Award.

UPDATE

After more than an hour, could not talk with supervisor, center agent talked me into trying to book ("maybe its going to go through") and now the booking is in the queue with a vague promise someone will look into it on Monday.

Maybe this is just a clever move by LH so that SENs with too many miles volounteer to pay 150% of miles, and end up in waitlist anyway
Hi fra_muc,

I'm sorry to hear about the setbacks while booking the flight via Senator Premium Award option. Indeed, the SPA process is valid for award flight bookings as well as upgrades. My colleague at the Service Center could have known. She, however, was right in regards to the timeframe until confirmation. We have no further information as for when you will receive an information about your SPA booking request. As I can understand why this procedure may seem a little unsatisfactory, I have asked my colleagues at Miles&More for a more detailed advise and can offer to have a look at your individual booking. Even though today is Monday and you have already been promised to receive further info, if you wish for me to follow up as well, kindly send me your booking data via PM.

Best, Katharina
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Old Feb 8, 16, 8:53 am
  #1286  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 881
Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
Hello LH Lurkers,

Could you provide some background on the biometric lounge trial running at MUC? I posted my (negative) impression here.

Are people entering the lounge with someone else's credentials really that much of a problem?

Please make sure to report a humble SEN's negative impression.

Thank you!

Hello malmostoso,
we were advised that the trial at MUC is being conducted to establish several factors and whether the implementation is indeed of advantage.
A big advantage for the passenger would be that it would no longer be necessary to show the boarding pass. Accessing the lounge could be done in a ("walkthrough") passing, eliminating possible waiting times. We are concerned here mainly with the benefit of the passenger, e.g., by the establishment of a possible fast track.
Currently, first insights into the processes on-site are being analysed and the concrete structure needs to be established still. A final decision about any implementation has not been made. The trial period will last until 18. March, all status clients are invited to participate.
I hope this information is useful.

Best regards,
Isabell
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Old Feb 8, 16, 11:41 am
  #1287  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: AMS/RTM
Posts: 2,433
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
I hope this information is useful.

Best regards,
Isabell
Thank you very much for investigating Isabell, I appreciate your response.

My main concern is of course related to privacy.
Let's see what the outcome of the trial is.

Thank you again!
malmostoso is online now  
Old Feb 9, 16, 12:36 am
  #1288  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 47
Hello,

wondering why the SEN lounges in MUC G are not serving the full breakfast range anymore? Is this just temporary or are you squeezing your best customers even more? Also is it the same for international flights?
Sorry if this has been asked before.
esseff is offline  
Old Feb 9, 16, 7:29 am
  #1289  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 881
Originally Posted by esseff View Post
Hello,

wondering why the SEN lounges in MUC G are not serving the full breakfast range anymore? Is this just temporary or are you squeezing your best customers even more? Also is it the same for international flights?
Sorry if this has been asked before.
Hello esseff,
I will ask my colleagues for more details about the offered breakfast and will get back to you as soon as I know more.
Jens
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Old Feb 10, 16, 7:02 am
  #1290  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 881
Originally Posted by esseff View Post
Hello,

wondering why the SEN lounges in MUC G are not serving the full breakfast range anymore? Is this just temporary or are you squeezing your best customers even more? Also is it the same for international flights?
Sorry if this has been asked before.

Hello esseff, my colleagues highly appreciate your feedback. Also, they would like to know on what specific date you visited the SEN Lounge and which SEN lounge you are referring to (Schengen, Non-Schengen, location), so that they are able to verify this. Feel free to send us this info via PM. Regards, Maria
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread