Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:37 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by josmon10
Hallo,

Last week, on 20 October, I was flying BCN-FRA-IAH-PTY (LH-LH-UA), and after the delay of the second segment I missed the third one. UA managed to put me on next day's first flight, and told me to ask LH for a compensation. It was a nightmare to find anyone from your company at IAH, as there's literally no one available when an aircraft is departing. It took me a couple of hours to finally get the voucher for the hotel.

If its name wasn't too inviting (America's Best Value Inn), the hotel itself was even worst that I imagined. This is not just my opinion, just read what other guests think of it:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ton_Texas.html

Besides, they wouldn't pick up the phone when I called from the airport asking for the shuttle van, so I had to take a taxi. The LH staff told me I would be reimbursed for the ride (USD 32) at any Lufthansa office in any airport. Since there isn't one at IAH I had to wait until I got back to BCN, and there they told me to write/call LH.

Long story short: very disappointed with Lufthansa! So how can I get compensated?

Thanks in advance.
Hi josmon10,

as much I would like to make up for all distress caused, compensation requests after flight delays are generally handled and decided upon by Customer Relations. Please send an e-mail with all relevant information such as ticket number, flight and contact details and receipts to [email protected], and your feedback will be replied to by my colleagues.

Best Regards, Katharina
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Yes, it still applies. In your case (flight departing the EU) it would even apply if you were flying on UA metal and not LH (for flights TO the EU, it applies only to EU carriers)

Marketing carrier doesn't matter, by the way. Metal is all that counts.
Thanks for the info. I had read that the delay had to be longer than 3 hours in order to claim for the compensation. In my case it was just below one, but with the short layover that UA sold, it was totally insufficent.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:09 am

Thanks for the info. I had read that the delay had to be longer than 3 hours in order to claim for the compensation. In my case it was just below one, but with the short layover that UA sold, it was totally insufficent.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...eu-court-rules

I'm not absolutely sure if your case is also protected, as the flight you've missed was a US-domestic one, but as you can read, in general connections are protected. I guess some posters with more experience on this case could help you better (as this is the "ask LH thread" and meant only for direct answers to LH, maybe somewhere else in the forum)
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi josmon10,

to your final destination it was sensibly more than 3.

Good luck!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Yes it is all about final destination - if you are late more than 3 hours EU261 kicks in...
Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Dear Lufthansa Lurker,

on Sunday, I booked a flight GVA-FRA-GVA on lufthansa.com and realised that there were a few bugs that I would like to report to you:
1. Despite being logged in with my profile, which has my M&M number on file, during the booking the number got lost twice and then showed something like 'no M&M number registered'. I then went back one screen, could see my M&M number entered and the respective box checked, went one screen forward again, number was not on file etc. At a certain point it worked.
2. I booked an Economy Classic fare, which includes advance seat reservation (plus I am SEN). Still during the booking process the reserved seats (not exit row or any other special seats) were immediately cancelled. I retried reserving a seat. Same thing. I could finally reserve a seat after the booking was confirmed, but from experience with other flights it seems very difficult to retain advance seat reservation on LH shortfall flights nowadays, as 'the system' seems to like to cancel/change them all the time.
3. The offered 'cash upgrade option' is giving an error message.
4. Finally and most severely, after entering my CC details and confirming the booking, the confirmation page showed a wrong prize for the flight that was 30 CHF higher than shown when selecting the flights/fare incl. the ticket service charge and the OPC. The passenger receipt and the email confirmation than showed again the correct prize. I will keep you updated once I know how much money has been charged to my cc.

In summary, the booking experience was quite annoying.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Viennafly
Dear Lufthansa Lurker,

on Sunday, I booked a flight GVA-FRA-GVA on lufthansa.com and realised that there were a few bugs that I would like to report to you:
1. Despite being logged in with my profile, which has my M&M number on file, during the booking the number got lost twice and then showed something like 'no M&M number registered'. I then went back one screen, could see my M&M number entered and the respective box checked, went one screen forward again, number was not on file etc. At a certain point it worked.
2. I booked an Economy Classic fare, which includes advance seat reservation (plus I am SEN). Still during the booking process the reserved seats (not exit row or any other special seats) were immediately cancelled. I retried reserving a seat. Same thing. I could finally reserve a seat after the booking was confirmed, but from experience with other flights it seems very difficult to retain advance seat reservation on LH shortfall flights nowadays, as 'the system' seems to like to cancel/change them all the time.
3. The offered 'cash upgrade option' is giving an error message.
4. Finally and most severely, after entering my CC details and confirming the booking, the confirmation page showed a wrong prize for the flight that was 30 CHF higher than shown when selecting the flights/fare incl. the ticket service charge and the OPC. The passenger receipt and the email confirmation than showed again the correct prize. I will keep you updated once I know how much money has been charged to my cc.

In summary, the booking experience was quite annoying.
Hi Viennafly,
I'm sorry to hear there were some difficulties when booking your ticket.
I will forward your remarks regarding technical issues to the responsible department for internal evaluation.
To check why the cash upgrade options are giving an error message, please give our technical support team a call. They will also be able to assist with the payment and price display if you provide them with your details.
My colleagus from the Senator service will be happy to assist with a seat reservation if you give them a call, too.
Vanessa
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi josmon10,

as much I would like to make up for all distress caused, compensation requests after flight delays are generally handled and decided upon by Customer Relations. Please send an e-mail with all relevant information such as ticket number, flight and contact details and receipts to [email protected], and your feedback will be replied to by my colleagues.

Best Regards, Katharina
Thank you, Katharina. I'll do as you say.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...eu-court-rules

I'm not absolutely sure if your case is also protected, as the flight you've missed was a US-domestic one (...)
Actually not a domestic flight, as my final destination was Panama (both city and country, not the one in the US).

Thank you all for your help! Now's the time to get that compensation, hopefully without too much blood, sweat and tears...
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:59 am

Dear Lurker,

According to LH.com, you can now fly from Poland to MUC/FRA/DRS with 747-8, which I'm like 99,9999% sure is not the case ;P

Old Nov 10, 2015, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by klausa
Dear Lurker,

According to LH.com, you can now fly from Poland to MUC/FRA/DRS with 747-8, which I'm like 99,9999% sure is not the case ;P

Hi klausa,

I agree with you 99,9999%. This indeed seems to be a mistake. I have asked my colleagues to verify that observation and, if still occuring, have it corrected. Thanks!

Best, Katharina
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:16 pm
inY

Eliminate speech on hold and just keep it as music. Annoying every time the music stops and I have to figure out if it's a real person.

Is a customer undergoing the negative experience of being on hold for an hour really going to sign up for the Lufthansa credit card?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by inY
Eliminate speech on hold and just keep it as music. Annoying every time the music stops and I have to figure out if it's a real person.

Is a customer undergoing the negative experience of being on hold for an hour really going to sign up for the Lufthansa credit card?
Hi inY,

I acknowledge your feedback. Let's just hope that the situation quiets down soon and the Service Centers will be less busy once current strike activities are over. This way you would not have to deal with the speech on hold on top of the waiting time.

Katharina
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Issues with flights changes due to strike

Hello Lurker

Here are some complaints triggered by this last strike.

My return flight LAD-FRA-TRN was booked for 11/11/2015. On 9/11/2015 I receive an sms informing me of the cancelation. Immediately called the +49 number and after 102 minutes waiting I got hold of an agent. The best I was offered was an AF flight on the 10/11/2015 but incompatible with work plans or alternatively the LH one on 13/11/2015.

However I had a TRN-FRA-LAD on the 15/11/2015, so the last offer was impractible: arrive late morning on Saturday and leave early afternoon Sunday. Not to mention I had booked a medical checkup for the 13/11/2015 morning.

What I asked the agent was to move the two flight one week ahead. So the strike impacted one went to 18/11/2015 and the other to 22/11/2015. All my return flight from Africa are Flexible to adapt with work issues, so there were no charges. Unfortunately the TRN-FRA-LAD of the 15/11/2015 was a Economy Basic Plus. So to get it changed I had to shell out 130€ because it was not impacted by the strike. Not directly impacted, but impacted by domino effect by an earlier flight.

Clearly 130€ is not going to make me broke, or LH rich, but this charge is annoying since if there had been no strike the second flight would have not been impacted.

Another annoying issue is that the standard web site now just shows flight irregularity message and the impacted flight but none of my other flights. However, the mobile version in My Booking does let me see and manage all my bookings. Some times the mobile version is impractical, if you abroad outside Europe where roaming charges are astronomical.

On the phome I was not asked if I am a status customer, be it FTL SEN or HON. Was expecting that the SEN status would be useful in such case.
The Luanda LH office has two phone numbers; these just rang rang rang, nobody answered.

In 2014 I had already experience the thrill of canceled LH flights and was hoping this new occurence would have been handled maybe a bit better. And I am not even complaining too much about the 102 minute intrecontinenal phone call

Thank you for your time
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Another enhanced customer experience: no more automatic rebooking when flight cancelled. No more automatic call by HON circle service even though personal HON contact introduced this year was announced to be specifically helpful in case of Flight irregularities. While during last years round of strikes never had to wait for more than 15 min now the HON Circle Agents have been so dramatically scaled down that it was not even possible to reach the line at all. Had to call in average 50 times to be then in hold for approx. another 30 min. So this is the new HON experience Spohr promissed a year ago by axing down the number of members? Wunderful Job, Lufthansa! Congratulations!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.