Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:34 am

Tnx, oliver2002!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Glysdi1
Hi, everyone! Im hoping someone can answer my question here since M&M is closed today. Im booked for next month ORD-OGG-ORD in coach. Now I see a seat open up on the return but not on the outbound. Can I upgrade my coach seat coming back with additional miles? Or they would still charge me the R/T price which is 70K? Or will they allow me to upgrade that 1 leg for 15k more miles? I only have 15k+ miles left. I booked my ticket as R/T. Tnx in advance!

Hello Glydis1,
its possible to make an upsell to Business Class, if the seat is available for a booking with Miles & More. In this case youll have to pay the rebooking fee and of course the respective mileage difference for the upsell for one leg (not for the whole round-trip). Please contact my colleagues at Miles & More (http://ti.lh.com/KuN9) directly to request the change of your ticket.
Jens
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:01 pm

Dear LH Lurkers

Can you please clarify what same day inbound LH First class passengers ARRIVING in VIE and continuing to their final destination are entitled to??
ie. XXX-FRA/MUC-VIE-XXX

1. if the FRA/MUC flight is arriving on apron are LH First class passengers picked up by a limo and driven to the terminal

2. are same day arriving LH first class passengers allowed to use VIE HON/FCL during their connection in VIE

Thank you again for your time and assistance...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi gojko88, Rus925 and garel75! Thanks for clarifying. Please send me your card numbers via PM so that my colleagues can take a closer at this. ;-) Maria
I got the emailed present from customer service last night. Thanks, Maria!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by divjan
Dear LH Lurkers

Can you please clarify what same day inbound LH First class passengers ARRIVING in VIE and continuing to their final destination are entitled to??
ie. XXX-FRA/MUC-VIE-XXX

1. if the FRA/MUC flight is arriving on apron are LH First class passengers picked up by a limo and driven to the terminal

2. are same day arriving LH first class passengers allowed to use VIE HON/FCL during their connection in VIE

Thank you again for your time and assistance...

Hi divjan,

Dear dijvan,
For passengers travelling via Vienna with an onward Lufthansa First Class ticket or vice versa (even if flights are booked separately), the following services are available:
-HON Check-In
-HON Security Control
-HON Circle Lounge Access (there is no First Class Lounge at VIE, but 2 HON Lounges)

Please keep in mind that your onward flight must be on the same day as your connecting flight/feeder in order to benefit from these services.

As far as limousine logistics go, I'm still waiting for confirmation from VIE airport and will get back to you as soon as I know more.
Adam
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi divjan,

Dear dijvan,
For passengers travelling via Vienna with an onward Lufthansa First Class ticket or vice versa (even if flights are booked separately), the following services are available:
-HON Check-In
-HON Security Control
-HON Circle Lounge Access (there is no First Class Lounge at VIE, but 2 HON Lounges)

Please keep in mind that your onward flight must be on the same day as your connecting flight/feeder in order to benefit from these services.

As far as limousine logistics go, I'm still waiting for confirmation from VIE airport and will get back to you as soon as I know more.
Adam
Dear Adam
Thank you so much for the quick response. As a DEPARTING LH FCL pax I confirm that HON check-in, security and HON lounge access are offered.

The only problem that i have encountered is NOT being allowed to access the VIE HON (schengen/non-schengen) as an ARRIVING same day LH First class pax with a same day connecting OS flight. VIE HON Lounge attendants refuse any LH same day arriving passenger to enter the HON lounge. Their excuse is that only departing LH FC pax can access the lounge. Can you try to clarify information please??

Thank you again for your help and i am looking forward to hearing about the limo logistics.

Thank you so much again!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:50 am

My last flight with LH now dates back almost two years, and despite pretty good service I received from LH on bunch of flights over past twenty years, perhaps I will be forgiven for my gaps over current state of flying experience with this airline. In the past it was easy, one bought a ticket, was processed, and that was end of it, however by sheer coincidence I came across at another internet site contributions of several passengers who were describing what appeared rather unpleasant recent experiences. Complains were about unexpected extra fees charges for seats over an above initial fee they had to pay. I am of course uncertain if such cases were result of poor pre-flight planning or something else.

Since it appears that in here are a few professional people who can comment on that subject from position of knowledge, may I ask two questions then, please?

Later this year I shall be traveling on round trip (most likely in Economy) from Frankfurt to Tokyo (Narita) for one to three months in duration.

1. Where on Lufthansa site I can obtain comprehensive overview on all cost-items I should expect, please?

2. Dimensionally, what is the largest personal item (briefcase) that shall fit into a LH sizing frame, and with which I can board the plane? My standard shoulder business briefcase of many years is 42x31x9. Regulation is quoted what I presume is a nominal size 40x30x10, and some offset on sizer probably exists in order to absorb item deformities and minor manufacturing variances.

Question is then, whether I shall need to purchase a new item for this trip, or a small (and how small) deviation shall be tolerated, thus will my bag 42x31x9 fit into a sizer?

40x30x10 briefcases are of course available on the market (for extra EUR800).

Thank you

Last edited by Sakae; Mar 1, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Sakae
My last flight with LH now dates back almost two years, and despite pretty good service I received from LH on bunch of flights over past twenty years, perhaps I will be forgiven for my gaps over current state of flying experience with this airline. In the past it was easy, one bought a ticket, was processed, and that was end of it, however by sheer coincidence I came across at another internet site contributions of several passengers who were describing what appeared rather unpleasant recent experiences. Complains were about unexpected extra fees charges for seats over an above initial fee they had to pay. I am of course uncertain if such cases were result of poor pre-flight planning or something else.

Since it appears that in here are a few professional people who can comment on that subject from position of knowledge, may I ask two questions then, please?

Later this year I shall be traveling on round trip (most likely in Economy) from Frankfurt to Tokyo (Narita) for one to three months in duration.

1. Where on Lufthansa site I can obtain comprehensive overview on all cost-items I should expect, please?

2. Dimensionally, what is the largest personal item (briefcase) that shall fit into a LH sizing frame, and with which I can board the plane? My standard shoulder business briefcase of many years is 42x31x9. Regulation is quoted what I presume is a nominal size 40x30x10, and some offset on sizer probably exists in order to absorb item deformities and minor manufacturing variances.

Question is then, whether I shall need to purchase a new item for this trip, or a small (and how small) deviation shall be tolerated, thus will my bag 42x31x9 fit into a sizer?

40x30x10 briefcases are of course available on the market (for extra EUR800).

Thank you
Hi Sakae,

has it really been two years? It's about time you start flying with us again!

In regards to your questions, let me try to explain what has been changed and updated since the last time you have travelled using Lufthansa.

1. In addition to set fees for excess baggage and special luggage as well as animal transport, Lufthansa implemented the chargeable seat reservation for lower Economy classes on long- and short-haul flights last year. Furthermore, we do offer a reservation for seats with more legroom. Latter requires a charge for all fares. An overview on all seat-related fees can be found here: http://f.lh.com/DsKt

2. The dimension for carry-on baggage still are 55 x 40 x 23 cm (75 x 54 x 15 cm for foldable garment bags) and have not been changed. Mentioned sizers are available for these bags. In addition, you're allowed to take another item of hand lugagge (max. 30 x 40 x 10 cm) with you: http://f.lh.com/HxAa As your briefcase appears slightly larger, transport should be possible in accordance with former given dimensions. I even assume it might be accepted as the smaller, second piece
of your carry-on items and consider a new purchase as not necessary.

I hope I was able to give you the answer(s) you were looking for!

Best regards, Katharina

Last edited by LufthansaGermanAirlines; Mar 3, 2015 at 4:46 am
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:01 am

Thank you Katharina. Point (1) sufficiently explained. Point (2) makes sense, despite it contains that little - they "might".
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: LH*S (LX), TK*G
Dear Lurkers,

I am planning to travel on a Business award ZRH-NYC and back in the coming days and the plans are a bit hectic (as always). Therefore I have a couple of questions.

I would travel on full-fare, non saver award (so ZRH-NYC is 105000 miles +~500 CHF fees).

According to the web terms&conditions I can even buy this online on LX the same day as the departure. Is this true? The FTL hotline just said to me that even if there is availability for tomorrow today, they won't ticket that for me, as I need 2 working days at least, not one.

Also, if I cancel this ticket, then what can I get back? I understand that I definitely get back the miles, but can I get back the "international surcharge" fee? According to the terms YQ is not refundable, but I don't know if this is YQ or not. The phone guy said that it's 70 CHF flat rate and I get back everything beyond the 70 CHF, but I want to be sure!

Also, if I wanna cancel, then until when can I cancel on the same day as the departure? Do I have to call or can I cancel on the web by pushing buttons?

Final question: is there a free award cancellation within 24 hours of web-booking? A webpage (http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/0...fthansa-award/) says there is, but they may refer to an old terms and conditions.

Thanks a lot in advance for your replies,
Gergely

Last edited by rgee; Mar 2, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: LH*S (LX), TK*G
Miles & more award questions

I have tried to read through the Terms and Conditions and ask the phone
line for help, but I got contradictory information, so I would like to
clarify a couple of things if you can kindly help me!

I'm trying to travel ZRH-NYC round trip with very short planning deadline.

Is it possible to reserve a business flex award (105000 miles + ~500
CHF fees) one working day before departure online given availbility?
The T&C says yes if I read it correctly, but the phone operators told
me that it will not work even if the self-service miles-and-more.com
webpage shows that and I will have trouble with ticketing if I don't
leave at least two working days.

Second question is that out of that ~500 CHF fees what is refundable.
There is an "international/domestic surcharge" of ~400 CHF, is that
refundable if I ask for mileage refund? I know about the 70 CHF flat
fee for refunding, I'm interested in what do I get back from the
taxes. T&C talks about YQ, phone operator said everything is
refundable after deducting the 70 CHF. I don't know who to believe.

Also, if I want to cancel a ticket what is the last deadline to cancel
by? Is 1 hour before departure OK? Can I do online cancellation of
award or do I have to call?

Third, is there something like 24 hours of free cancel after booking,
like on United?

Thank you in advance for all your kind answers!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by rgee
I have tried to read through the Terms and Conditions and ask the phone
line for help, but I got contradictory information, so I would like to
clarify a couple of things if you can kindly help me!

I'm trying to travel ZRH-NYC round trip with very short planning deadline.

Is it possible to reserve a business flex award (105000 miles + ~500
CHF fees) one working day before departure online given availbility?
The T&C says yes if I read it correctly, but the phone operators told
me that it will not work even if the self-service miles-and-more.com
webpage shows that and I will have trouble with ticketing if I don't
leave at least two working days.

Second question is that out of that ~500 CHF fees what is refundable.
There is an "international/domestic surcharge" of ~400 CHF, is that
refundable if I ask for mileage refund? I know about the 70 CHF flat
fee for refunding, I'm interested in what do I get back from the
taxes. T&C talks about YQ, phone operator said everything is
refundable after deducting the 70 CHF. I don't know who to believe.

Also, if I want to cancel a ticket what is the last deadline to cancel
by? Is 1 hour before departure OK? Can I do online cancellation of
award or do I have to call?

Third, is there something like 24 hours of free cancel after booking,
like on United?

Thank you in advance for all your kind answers!

Dear rgee,
Miles & More tickets can be booked offline via our Service Centre until one working day prior departure; online bookings are possible even for the same day for Germanwings flights an advanced booking timeline of two working day prior departure is applicable.
If you hold a regular mileage ticket which is refundable against a fee of 70 CHF, you get your miles and all taxes and fees back after paying the cancellation fee. This also applies for the international / domestic surcharge.
Cancellations can be made anytime preferably before departure, but its also possible after the flight dates. Flight award bookings are granted a 24-hour grace period. This means: from the moment the booking is made, you may return your ticket within 24 hours free of charge.
Jens
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: TK*S
Hi there,

Is there any way to 'force' the on-line check-in site to actually reflect the *A status? I'm having yet another 17h+ flight to the US where my *A Gold status is not recognized during checkin which is quite frustrating.
I have called the reservation number, they confirmed it is in the system and that they see as *G however I've been told that they can only assign seats 48h prior to checkin.
In other words, they can't do anything about it.
With ~24h before departure I'm left with the on-line check-in which simply ignores it no matter what I've tried (check-in, check-out, re-add the number, same thing).

As I've seen from experience and as the check-in counter agents confirmed, having *G in the system means access to better seats and priority boarding which on 12h+ flights do make a big difference. Sometimes the same agent can change the status correctly, but more often than not, she simply says it can't be done despite showing the card.

I'm not asking for anything special, just for my status to be recognized as it should.
I realize that sometimes things don't work but when the fail 4 out 5 times, it becomes the rule.

I like LH hence why I try to use it whenever possible, however ignoring a passenger *G status is unacceptable and it really ticks me off.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by broganl
Hi there,

Is there any way to 'force' the on-line check-in site to actually reflect the *A status? I'm having yet another 17h+ flight to the US where my *A Gold status is not recognized during checkin which is quite frustrating.
I have called the reservation number, they confirmed it is in the system and that they see as *G however I've been told that they can only assign seats 48h prior to checkin.
In other words, they can't do anything about it.
With ~24h before departure I'm left with the on-line check-in which simply ignores it no matter what I've tried (check-in, check-out, re-add the number, same thing).

As I've seen from experience and as the check-in counter agents confirmed, having *G in the system means access to better seats and priority boarding which on 12h+ flights do make a big difference. Sometimes the same agent can change the status correctly, but more often than not, she simply says it can't be done despite showing the card.

I'm not asking for anything special, just for my status to be recognized as it should.
I realize that sometimes things don't work but when the fail 4 out 5 times, it becomes the rule.

I like LH hence why I try to use it whenever possible, however ignoring a passenger *G status is unacceptable and it really ticks me off.

Hi broganl,
please kindly give our Technical Support Team a call, they will be able to check if and how you can add your Staralliance Gold Card into your booking.
Vanessa
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: TK*S
Hi Vanessa,

I just did - the local office was closed, the one in DE spoke only German (which I unfortunately don't) so I ended calling the one in US. Maybe it's my luck but the lady over the phone (Julandy) was completely unaware of the rules; she kept telling me that a boarding card doesn't reflect the status, only what ff program the passenger belongs to. No, I'm not making this up.
The irony is that I've used the same card on the same itinerary two weeks ago and then it worked just fine. She still didn't relent (and after being put on hold for several minutes): the status on the ticket doesn't show because I'm flying economy...
Oh, and that they can't modify the ticket issued anyway despite being technical support.

I've spent over 30' the phone in two countries, talking to three different people and each time I heard different stories without actually resolving a basic issue: if my card is in the booking and everyone in the system can see it and confirm the *G status why doesn't my ticket reflect that?

Last edited by broganl; Mar 6, 2015 at 1:44 pm Reason: fix typos

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.