FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 21, 14 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer (Post 23396417)
LH seat assignment problems for UA code-share tickets continue!
It gets worth!:mad:

I pulled up my 016 ticket on the LH website and it said I could change my seat for free - it is a V-class ticket so I thought GREAT! The bug is fixed!

So it lets me choose a new seat on the seat map and when I want to save it it says - ERROR seat could not be saved and my original seat assignment which was not really bad is gone too - so NO seat assigned!:mad::td::(

Called LH and they confirmed that their IT deleted my old seat assignment but there is no way to assign a new seat!:td:

Very bad service by LH!

Hello Germanfflyer,
I recommend that you contact our Technical Support (http://f.lh.com/XepW). My colleagues can have a closer look into the matter in order to find out why it wasn't possible to make a new seat assignment although it was shown before that the seat reservation can be changed.
Jens

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 21, 14 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Sandrew127 (Post 23396464)
Can someone please respond to my feedback ID. The Id is FB-ID 22401421.
It has been almost 6 weeks and have had zero response from Lufthansa. This is regarding compensation I am requesting for my flight being cancelled in Italy.

Please advice ASAP

thank you

SA

Originally Posted by ovm75 (Post 23398373)
Dear LH Lurkers,

I booked a bonus ticket for my mother through Miles&More. The route was STR - VIE - ROV and back. The price for this ticket is 45000 Miles (30000 (ticket) + 15000 (taxes)). When my mother came to airport of Stuttgart (Germany) she was said - your tickets hasn't been issued by Miles&More employees in time and thus was cancelled. She had to go back home.
When I contacted to M&M support they said sorry about their mistake and reissued ticket for next day.
Therefore my mother spent `80 Euro for taxi (receipts) and lose 1 day.

I compliant to M&M through the contact form on the web site on July, 15. (registered compliant no. - 2210647). But I didn't get any reply.

I sent the email to CS on August, 8 (registered compliant no. - 22432358). But the same story - no answer.

I am a bit surprised with this "silince approach" to this situation. The only thing I see now is to contact to EU lawyer.

But I still hope to solve this situation in prodcutive and customer oriented way.

Dear Sandrew127 and dear ovm75,
Iím sorry that you havenít heard back from Customer Relations yet. My colleagues are currently facing a backlog and answers, unfortunately, are taking a bit longer. I forwarded your feedbacks to my colleagues again as a reminder. You can be assured that they will contact you as soon as possible.
Jens

htb Aug 21, 14 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 23400095)
Dear BRU2m10,

I am very sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the redemption procedure for Miles & More flights. Air fares always include state security charges, airport taxes and fuel surcharge. The amount depends on various factors such as departure and arrival airport , routing and operating carrier. US airlines, for example, charge lower airport taxes for arrival and departure on airports located in the USA than European airlines. Furthermore, when booking revenue tickets , you may find seasonal specials which are partially exempt from taxes and fees. Exceptions like these are only for these special rates or promotional fares and, unfortunately, cannot be applied to Miles & More award flight bookings.

Jens

Dear Jens,

I would like to clarify your response because it seems to be confusing and misleading.

1) Fees are charged by the airport/TSA/other organization and are usually indpendent of the airline.

2) The reason why redemptions with M&M are so high is because M&M charges the "fuel surcharge" (now called "domestic/interational surcharge" -- probably because the price for fuel went down but LH didn't want to decrease this charge) also on award tickets. The "fuel surcharge" goes directly to LH. Some American frequent flyer programs don't charge the "fuel surcharge" on free tickets.

3) The reason why tickets for purchase are sometimes cheaper is because the "fuel surcharge" is sometimes reduced for special fares.

Personally I think it extremely disappointing that a "free ticket" can cost hundreds of Euros of money that goes directly to the airline offering the "free ticket", and sometimes costs even more than a paid ticket.

Jens, I know it's difficult for you as a company representative to respond to these questions. However, I don't think that confuscating this issue will work in this forum.

HTB.

malmostoso Aug 25, 14 2:32 am

Dear LH Lurker, I am currently at LIN and the lounge (Sala Leonardo) is closed for renovation. No signs pointing to an alternative are posted, and the AZ lounge does not accommodate *A passengers. Is there any alternative foreseen? Thank you!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 25, 14 9:35 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso (Post 23418997)
Dear LH Lurker, I am currently at LIN and the lounge (Sala Leonardo) is closed for renovation. No signs pointing to an alternative are posted, and the AZ lounge does not accommodate *A passengers. Is there any alternative foreseen? Thank you!

Hi Malmostoso,
I've forwarded your question and will respond accordingly as soon we've received an answer.
Katharina

dmora Aug 25, 14 3:08 pm

Greetings LH Lurker,
I had a question regarding status of the Business class conversion on the A380s. In using the online tool:
https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...l=en&cid=18002
It indicates that my flight does not have the conversion as of yet. Does this mean it is not currently known wether it will be complete, or it is not even scheduled.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 26, 14 5:31 am

Originally Posted by dmora (Post 23422297)
Greetings LH Lurker,
I had a question regarding status of the Business class conversion on the A380s. In using the online tool:
https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...l=en&cid=18002
It indicates that my flight does not have the conversion as of yet. Does this mean it is not currently known wether it will be complete, or it is not even scheduled.

Hi dmora,
your link only takes me to the website log-in but I'm taking it you're referring to this one? http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Business-Class-Product
This tool shows you the actual status of your flight. Almost half of our A380 fleet has been equipped with the new Business Class by now, the rest will gradually be re-fitted until 2015.
Please note that aircraft changes might occur at any time, so the tool might give you different results depending on when you check the flight's status.
Vanessa

oliver2002 Aug 26, 14 7:08 am

Dear Lurkers,
my colleague flies LH to AGP every 4-6 months to enjoy the family vacation home they have there. In spite of careful planning, he spends 300-400€ for a rt each time for the direct flight. So far so good. As the baggage allowance for kont flights is changing over the years, he now has to pay 50€ for the golf bag he carries beside the regular luggage. No issues there either. He pays these as he would like to enjoy his personal set. Curiously though the ground handling agent in AGP charges him 15€ processing fee on top each time he has to pay the 50€. A receipt is duly issued and each time when he comes back he reports it to LH and gets a refund for the arbitrary fee. This has now happened to him the third time in the past 12 months and he is really wondering if LH is not interested in telling the ground handling agent in AGP to stop charging this fee on top of the excess baggage fees. Can you look into this? His latest feedback ID on the matter is 22452040.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 26, 14 9:09 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 23425640)
Dear Lurkers,
my colleague flies LH to AGP every 4-6 months to enjoy the family vacation home they have there. In spite of careful planning, he spends 300-400Ä for a rt each time for the direct flight. So far so good. As the baggage allowance for kont flights is changing over the years, he now has to pay 50Ä for the golf bag he carries beside the regular luggage. No issues there either. He pays these as he would like to enjoy his personal set. Curiously though the ground handling agent in AGP charges him 15Ä processing fee on top each time he has to pay the 50Ä. A receipt is duly issued and each time when he comes back he reports it to LH and gets a refund for the arbitrary fee. This has now happened to him the third time in the past 12 months and he is really wondering if LH is not interested in telling the ground handling agent in AGP to stop charging this fee on top of the excess baggage fees. Can you look into this? His latest feedback ID on the matter is 22452040.

Dear Oliver,
thank you very much for sending the following details. I will draw the kind attention of Customer Relations towards the Feedback-ID in question. I have just browsed through the baggage information on LH.com and there it states "* Where applicable, country-specific surcharges will be levied for sports baggage and excess baggage. ". It may very well be that the previous reimbursements of the surcharge were made as a gesture of Goodwill. I hope that Customer Relations will get in touch with your colleague soon!
Best regards, Isabell

oliver2002 Aug 27, 14 2:56 am

Well, FWIW, the 15Ä were charged from him for the effort the handling agent had to bother collecting the money from him. Ie an 'administrative' charge with the clear mention that LH supposedly didn't pay the handling agent to collect such fees. :(

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 27, 14 7:45 am

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin (Post 23394809)
thanks for your response. Hopefully, lounge attendants will be coached to reflect that. We were denied entry with all conditions met, just to be authorized "as an exception" after a phone-call to supervisor. When leaving attendant produced an internal printout showing "no guests" in response to my pointing to the LH website. Either way, to be told that LH does not pay for guests and price difference is too high as compared to Sen/Business lounge, sounds provincial and plainbad for the airline's image. So I do hope that staff are trained accordingly.

A follow-up question, access is not granted on arrival with connection -correct? Example, USA-MUC in F connect VIE then ATH same day.

Thanks once again.

Dear LilZeppelin,

we received the information that youíll have access to the HON lounge in VIE if all flights are booked on one ticket.

Jens

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 27, 14 7:46 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso (Post 23418997)

Dear malmostoso,

the lounge at LIN Airport will be closed until Sep 08th 14. An alternative lounge can, unfortunately, not be offered. But our check-in staff hands out vouchers valid in all contracted bars at the airport.

Best regards, Katharina

malmostoso Aug 27, 14 8:46 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 23431600)
the lounge at LIN Airport will be closed until Sep 08th 14. An alternative lounge can, unfortunately, not be offered. But our check-in staff hands out vouchers valid in all contracted bars at the airport.

Thank you for your kind reply Katharina!
It's a short period indeed so not a big issue. I did not go through the check-in desk so I couldn't take advantage of the voucher.
Anyway, good to know!

tyberius Aug 30, 14 4:38 am

I contacted you by PM yesterday with no response. So maybe I was supposed to do it here.

LH lost a bag of mine that connected twice, and then was supposed to be interlined to another airline on a separate ticket.

Due to this nobody wants to take responsibility for the bag, or for my compensation. My compensation is currently the minor issue. I am worried about it for the future if nobody will lose the bag. As far as I can tell both carriers primary job is to avoid taking responsibility for this situation in order to avoid having to pay out a final compensation if the bag is lost. Neither carrier is letting me speak to a human being. Neither carrier will run the bag tag number or tell me what their system says about where the bag was last.

I believe it is in CDG. I will go there myself to pick it up if necessary. I just need assistance in trying to find the bag. WorldTracer has been completely useless as it provides no information. My file has never updated, it only says tracing continues, check back later.

I gave my property over to LH on a business class ticket, and I would just like to speak to a human being who has the ability to enter the bag tag and show where it was last scanned. With Air Canada you can do this right at the airport. American Airlines I can call and they can do it and tell me. With Delta they have a link on their website you can click and do it yourself. With Lufthansa they have told me you have no baggage department and no worldwide contacts.

I have medication in this bag that I require. When I told this to Lufthansa before they told me "go buy new medication." It is not that simple as I'm not in the EU or USA or Canada where you can just "go buy new medication." Some on Flyertalk have given me the same advice. A lot of people stay close to home I guess.

Anyway I am not asking for anything more here than for information, about where the bag was last seen, so I can continue efforts to find it. Something I think has gone wrong in this process because I have two tickets, the carrier who had the bag is LH and the other carrier on the other ticket never saw the bag. They reported it into the tracer system with their ticket number and the LH claim and that was incorrect. They incorrectly entered my name, my email address, my phone number and my address. I have corrected all of this information as much as I can but I can't verify that the rest is correct or what is going on. I need a human being to help.

RAMSWISS Aug 30, 14 8:07 am

Unfair???

Last month I was upgraded from economy to business at the gate on the FRA-DEL flight. My wife and son who are United airline gold members also were upgraded.
However my brother who is a Senator but was having this flight credited to his united mileage account was not upgraded. In fact we had flown PAR- FRA and were connecting to Delhi. He had changed his FF number at Frankfurt airport itself.
This seems unfair and leaves a preferred customer dissatisfied with Lufthansa. Is there no way for the system to recognise a senator even if mileage is being credited on another airline.
Senator benefits are extended based on one's previous travel and should not be affected by one's current preferences.