FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 19, 14 6:31 am

Originally Posted by vievic (Post 23384455)
I find it a bit underwhelming that Lufthansa isn't able to correct its own error.

Is it possible to get a copy of that remark mailed and will gate agents be able to correct the name on the boarding pass according to the remark?

Thanks, vievic

Dear vievic,

unfortunately, itís only possible to send booking confirmations identical to the one you received after you made your reservation. In this email the remarks entered by my colleagues are not shown. Furthermore, the boarding pass can only be printed in accordance with the name on the electronic ticket.

Jens

divjan Aug 19, 14 8:59 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 23312234)
Hello LilZeppelin,
thank you for the additional details. I will get back to you as soon as I have heard back from my colleagues.
Jens

Dear LH Lurkers

I want to ask an additional question in reference to VIE FCL pax handling . I am very well aware how HON pax are handled in VIE. Since the opening of the new terminal the HON lounge has been opened up for LH/LX First class pax.

What i have found since the opening is that VIE ground services for LX/LH First class pax are consistently inconsistent:

outbound in F class...25% chance to get a transfer for the XXX-VIE OS flight(the feeder flight is 100% remote stand) onward to VIE-MUC/FRA/ZRH/GVA-YYY,

inbound in F class, yyy-muc/fra/zrh/GVA-vie, 0 pick up for remote stand flights when arriving as F class pax

Can you please clarify as to how at least LH First class transit pax should be handled in VIE? How are LH First class pax outbound/in bound with a connection handled?

personally i think that there is clearly a mis communication some where between LH and OS VIE staff since every time i have asked lounge attendants as to why the pick ups have not occurred i have gotten confused looks

According to the LH page:
========================================
"As a HON Circle Member or First Class passenger, if your incoming flight is parked at a non-gate position at Vienna Airport, the limousine service will pick you up from the aircraft and take you either to the bus stop at the terminal or to the HON Circle Lounge. If you have less than 25 minutes transfer time in Vienna, you will be driven directly from your incoming aircraft to your connecting flight."

in addition:

Your First Class limousine service at Vienna Airport
Limousine service on departure: a personal limousine service, operated in cooperation with Porsche Austria, is available on the apron. If you are connecting to a flight in Lufthansa First Class, you will be chauffeur-driven straight to your aircraft.

Limousine service on arrival: if your incoming flight is parked at a non-gate position, the limousine service will pick you up from the aircraft and take you either to the bus stop at the terminal or to the HON Circle Lounge.

Transfer service for shortened transfer times: if you have less than 25 minutes transfer time in Vienna, you will be driven directly from your incoming aircraft to your connecting flight.
====================================

htb Aug 19, 14 11:21 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 23387604)
unfortunately, itís only possible to send booking confirmations identical to the one you received after you made your reservation. In this email the remarks entered by my colleagues are not shown. Furthermore, the boarding pass can only be printed in accordance with the name on the electronic ticket.

Dear Jens,

I think it would be much more helpful to find out what Lufthansa CAN do to fix the problem (by admission of the call center worker caused by him), rather than reiterating what Lufthansa CANNOT do, especially if "CANNOT" should more accurately be described as "is unwilling to do".

HTB.

vievic Aug 20, 14 5:01 am

Originally Posted by htb (Post 23389103)
I think it would be much more helpful to find out what Lufthansa CAN do to fix the problem (by admission of the call center worker caused by him), rather than reiterating what Lufthansa CANNOT do, especially if "CANNOT" should more accurately be described as "is unwilling to do".

Thank you HTB.

Also, the call center agent didn't find it necessary to call me back on Monday as he had promised.

Great service.

vievic

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 20, 14 6:31 am

Originally Posted by divjan (Post 23388297)
Dear LH Lurkers

I want to ask an additional question in reference to VIE FCL pax handling . I am very well aware how HON pax are handled in VIE. Since the opening of the new terminal the HON lounge has been opened up for LH/LX First class pax.

What i have found since the opening is that VIE ground services for LX/LH First class pax are consistently inconsistent:

outbound in F class...25% chance to get a transfer for the XXX-VIE OS flight(the feeder flight is 100% remote stand) onward to VIE-MUC/FRA/ZRH/GVA-YYY,

inbound in F class, yyy-muc/fra/zrh/GVA-vie, 0 pick up for remote stand flights when arriving as F class pax

Can you please clarify as to how at least LH First class transit pax should be handled in VIE? How are LH First class pax outbound/in bound with a connection handled?

personally i think that there is clearly a mis communication some where between LH and OS VIE staff since every time i have asked lounge attendants as to why the pick ups have not occurred i have gotten confused looks

According to the LH page:
"As a HON Circle Member or First Class passenger, if your incoming flight is parked at a non-gate position at Vienna Airport, the limousine service will pick you up from the aircraft and take you either to the bus stop at the terminal or to the HON Circle Lounge. If you have less than 25 minutes transfer time in Vienna, you will be driven directly from your incoming aircraft to your connecting flight."

in addition:

Your First Class limousine service at Vienna Airport
Limousine service on departure: a personal limousine service, operated in cooperation with Porsche Austria, is available on the apron. If you are connecting to a flight in Lufthansa First Class, you will be chauffeur-driven straight to your aircraft.

Limousine service on arrival: if your incoming flight is parked at a non-gate position, the limousine service will pick you up from the aircraft and take you either to the bus stop at the terminal or to the HON Circle Lounge.

Transfer service for shortened transfer times: if you have less than 25 minutes transfer time in Vienna, you will be driven directly from your incoming aircraft to your connecting flight.
====================================

Hi divjan,
I forwarded your question to my colleagues and received the following reply:
In Vienna, the limousine service between the terminal building and the aircraft, when it is parked on an apron position, is solely for HON Circle Members. Please be advised that this service is not provided for regular First Class passengers. Regards, Maria

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 20, 14 6:35 am

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin (Post 23300264)
Dear LH Lurker,

why does LH refuse to pay for a F class pax guest while in Vienna to access F/HON Cirlce lounge? Lounge attendant had a printed sheet of paper with "NO GUESTS" on it while LH website seems to indicate otherwise:

(1) Access to the First Class Terminal at Frankfurt Airport is only possible with a confirmed same-day departing First Class flight on Lufthansa or SWISS. HON Circle Members may access the First Class Terminal with a same-day departing flight on Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Airlines. Access to the First Class Terminal is not permitted for arriving passengers.
(3) To access the First Class Terminal and the First Class Lounges travelling companions must present a valid boarding pass for the same flight as the passenger who invited them. Life partners, spouses and children under 18 years must present a valid boarding pass for a flight departing on the same day as the passenger who invited them

Is Vienna lounge a contract lounge with different access rules than a typical "Lufthansa First Class Lounge"?

Dear LilZeppelin, Thank you for your patience! According to my colleagues, it is indeed possible for passengers holding a confirmed same-day departing Lufthansa or Swiss First Class ticket to access the HON lounge in Vienna with a travelling companion (and children under 18 years). Please note that these companions must be able to present a ticket for the same or a Star Alliance flight for the same day.
Thus, travelling companions meeting these requirements will not be denied access. However, I assume that the printed sheet of paper - which you described in your previous post - was not referring to this type of guests. Regards, Maria

divjan Aug 20, 14 6:40 am

Hi divjan,
I forwarded your question to my colleagues and received the following reply:
In Vienna, the limousine service between the terminal building and the aircraft, when it is parked on an apron position, is solely for HON Circle Members. Please be advised that this service is not provided for regular First Class passengers. Regards, Maria
Thank you for the quick response,

I would suggest LH web team changing the information provided on the website as to what services will be available for LH First class pax in VIE, it seems completely misleading what is on the web, practice and the answer that you provided me

LilZeppelin Aug 20, 14 9:37 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 23393906)
Thus, travelling companions meeting these requirements will not be denied access.

thanks for your response. Hopefully, lounge attendants will be coached to reflect that. We were denied entry with all conditions met, just to be authorized "as an exception" after a phone-call to supervisor. When leaving attendant produced an internal printout showing "no guests" in response to my pointing to the LH website. Either way, to be told that LH does not pay for guests and price difference is too high as compared to Sen/Business lounge, sounds provincial and plainbad for the airline's image. So I do hope that staff are trained accordingly.

A follow-up question, access is not granted on arrival with connection -correct? Example, USA-MUC in F connect VIE then ATH same day.

Thanks once again.

BRU2m10 Aug 20, 14 9:45 am

Dear Lufthansa Lurker,

I noticed that the award flight to Houston is in promotion for travel during the first half of december.

When doing a sample booking on the miles and more website, I get the following result:

Date From To Cabin
Friday, 5 December 2014 Brussels (BRU) Houston (HOU) Economy
Monday, 15 December 2014 Houston (HOU) Brussels (BRU) Economy
Required miles and taxes (for one adult)Miles: Taxes and fees**
30,000 miles 462.92 EUR
Because the 462.92€ in taxes and fees seemed a little high to me, I checked online to see the price for a non-award ticket.

I know this isn't a Lufthansa fare, but this is the result (with the former star-alliance partner):

Brussels (BRU) to Houston (IAH) - vr, dec. 5
Brussels (BRU) to Philadelphia (PHL) - vr, dec. 5
US Airways, Inc. 751 Dep: 10:50AM Arr: 1:35PM 8h 45m Boeing 757 Economy (G)
Philadelphia (PHL) to Houston (IAH) - vr, dec. 5
US Airways, Inc. 1825 Dep: 6:40PM Arr: 9:50PM 4h 10m Embraer RJ-190 Economy (G)

Houston (IAH) to Brussels (BRU) - ma, dec. 15
Houston (IAH) to Philadelphia (PHL) - ma, dec. 15
US Airways, Inc. 2016 Dep: 12:59PM Arr: 5:07PM 3h 8m Embraer RJ-190 Economy (R)
Layover in PHL 1h 23m
Philadelphia (PHL) to Brussels (BRU) - ma, dec. 15
US Airways, Inc. 750 Dep: 6:30PM Arr: 8:05AM 7h 35m Boeing 757 Economy (R)
di, dec. 16

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) € 397,89
(flight with BA over LHR instead of PHL was below 410€.)

Is it possible that there is some sort of an error on your website in the calculation of the taxes & fees component?
Because I find it hard to believe that the amount of fees on an award ticket in promotion is actually higher than the price of a regular flight. Why would a person book such a ticket?

Germanfflyer Aug 20, 14 2:03 pm

LH seat assignment problems for UA code-share tickets continue!
It gets worth!:mad:

I pulled up my 016 ticket on the LH website and it said I could change my seat for free - it is a V-class ticket so I thought GREAT! The bug is fixed!

So it lets me choose a new seat on the seat map and when I want to save it it says - ERROR seat could not be saved and my original seat assignment which was not really bad is gone too - so NO seat assigned!:mad::td::(

Called LH and they confirmed that their IT deleted my old seat assignment but there is no way to assign a new seat!:td:

Very bad service by LH!

Sandrew127 Aug 20, 14 2:13 pm

Dear Lufthansa Team - Requesting a Response

Can someone please respond to my feedback ID. The Id is FB-ID 22401421.
It has been almost 6 weeks and have had zero response from Lufthansa. This is regarding compensation I am requesting for my flight being cancelled in Italy.

Please advice ASAP

thank you

SA

ovm75 Aug 20, 14 10:28 pm

Dear LH Lurkers,

I booked a bonus ticket for my mother through Miles&More. The route was STR - VIE - ROV and back. The price for this ticket is 45000 Miles (30000 (ticket) + 15000 (taxes)). When my mother came to airport of Stuttgart (Germany) she was said - your tickets hasn't been issued by Miles&More employees in time and thus was cancelled. She had to go back home.
When I contacted to M&M support they said sorry about their mistake and reissued ticket for next day.
Therefore my mother spent `80 Euro for taxi (receipts) and lose 1 day.

I compliant to M&M through the contact form on the web site on July, 15. (registered compliant no. - 2210647). But I didn't get any reply.

I sent the email to CS on August, 8 (registered compliant no. - 22432358). But the same story - no answer.

I am a bit surprised with this "silince approach" to this situation. The only thing I see now is to contact to EU lawyer.

But I still hope to solve this situation in prodcutive and customer oriented way.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 21, 14 8:17 am

Originally Posted by divjan (Post 23393928)
Thank you for the quick response,

I would suggest LH web team changing the information provided on the website as to what services will be available for LH First class pax in VIE, it seems completely misleading what is on the web, practice and the answer that you provided me

Dear divjean,
we forwarded this already to our colleagues, so that the homepage can be corrected accordingly.
Jens

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 21, 14 8:19 am

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin (Post 23394809)
thanks for your response. Hopefully, lounge attendants will be coached to reflect that. We were denied entry with all conditions met, just to be authorized "as an exception" after a phone-call to supervisor. When leaving attendant produced an internal printout showing "no guests" in response to my pointing to the LH website. Either way, to be told that LH does not pay for guests and price difference is too high as compared to Sen/Business lounge, sounds provincial and plainbad for the airline's image. So I do hope that staff are trained accordingly.

A follow-up question, access is not granted on arrival with connection -correct? Example, USA-MUC in F connect VIE then ATH same day.

Thanks once again.

Dear LilZeppelin,
to be on the safe side we will clarify this follow-up question again and get back to you.
Jens

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 21, 14 8:21 am

Originally Posted by BRU2m10 (Post 23394861)
Dear Lufthansa Lurker,

I noticed that the award flight to Houston is in promotion for travel during the first half of december.

When doing a sample booking on the miles and more website, I get the following result:

Because the 462.92Ä in taxes and fees seemed a little high to me, I checked online to see the price for a non-award ticket.

I know this isn't a Lufthansa fare, but this is the result (with the former star-alliance partner):

(flight with BA over LHR instead of PHL was below 410Ä.)

Is it possible that there is some sort of an error on your website in the calculation of the taxes & fees component?
Because I find it hard to believe that the amount of fees on an award ticket in promotion is actually higher than the price of a regular flight. Why would a person book such a ticket?

Dear BRU2m10,

I am very sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the redemption procedure for Miles & More flights. Air fares always include state security charges, airport taxes and fuel surcharge. The amount depends on various factors such as departure and arrival airport , routing and operating carrier. US airlines, for example, charge lower airport taxes for arrival and departure on airports located in the USA than European airlines. Furthermore, when booking revenue tickets , you may find seasonal specials which are partially exempt from taxes and fees. Exceptions like these are only for these special rates or promotional fares and, unfortunately, cannot be applied to Miles & More award flight bookings.

Jens