FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

malmostoso Aug 2, 2014 12:12 am

Originally Posted by sokolov (Post 23297018)
Dear LH Lurker,

I am shocked by the lack of award availability on Air New Zealand between North America an NZ. I have checked every single AIr NZ flight (between AKL and LAX, SFO, HNL, YVR) for a period of about 8 months (!), starting at the end of September into May.

Not to steal the lurker's thunder, but this is clearly NZ fault.
Try to route through NRT or PVG, availability there is better.

sokolov Aug 2, 2014 9:25 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso (Post 23297206)
Not to steal the lurker's thunder, but this is clearly NZ fault.
Try to route through NRT or PVG, availability there is better.

It is not "clerly NZ fault". These things follow contracts within the Star Alliance. And any contract has at least two partners.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I can not route through NRT or PVG due to Miles&More restrictions. They allow only a limited number of connections. I have to start and end in YHZ.

gojko88 Aug 2, 2014 11:52 am

It is "clearly NZ fault", because award availability for NZ flights on partner airline FFPs depends entirely on NZ itself. If they don't want to make flights available, they won't.

LilZeppelin Aug 2, 2014 4:55 pm

Dear LH Lurker,

why does LH refuse to pay for a F class pax guest while in Vienna to access F/HON Cirlce lounge? Lounge attendant had a printed sheet of paper with "NO GUESTS" on it while LH website seems to indicate otherwise:

(1) Access to the First Class Terminal at Frankfurt Airport is only possible with a confirmed same-day departing First Class flight on Lufthansa or SWISS. HON Circle Members may access the First Class Terminal with a same-day departing flight on Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Airlines. Access to the First Class Terminal is not permitted for arriving passengers.
(3) To access the First Class Terminal and the First Class Lounges travelling companions must present a valid boarding pass for the same flight as the passenger who invited them. Life partners, spouses and children under 18 years must present a valid boarding pass for a flight departing on the same day as the passenger who invited them

Is Vienna lounge a contract lounge with different access rules than a typical "Lufthansa First Class Lounge"?

icekarl Aug 3, 2014 5:36 am

Children's amenities onboard

Hello lurkers,

I am father since 16 months and my daughter has done already quite a few flight experiences with his "flying father".
She flew already four round-trips intercontinental (to the US).
He have always's flown business class.

At the beginning I was amazed about the onboard amenities for babies and kids. On a MCO-FRA route she has been given a mini black pilot bag full of amenities and funny games. She was excited and it is very helpful for parents because helps entertaining small kids during long flights. And it is a nice gesture. I appreciate these amenities are given to children in all classes of service and regardless the fact the the father is a HON circle member.

More recently I flew with my daughter back from Miami to Frankfurt (if you need I can give you flight details). Not even a small puppet was given, despite we both were expecting it. I was quite disappointed but I said nothing (maybe rules have been implemented in the meanwhile?), and the crew was as usual extremely nice and friendly (this is a big plus, the kindness to children and families with children is something I have always appreciated with LH-crews).
Shortly after, I flew alone the same leg. I saw cabin attendants walking through the aisles and giving to all children (babies and kids) a fantastic brand-new big bright-blue amenities box. I was then very disappointed thinking that my daughter wouldn't get it. Why this difference in treatment? Is this something left to flight attendants/pursers? Or is there a general rule?

On the other hand, I have to highlight the amazing service given in Frankfurt at First Class Lounges/Terminal. I travel often using FCL/FCT - and by the way I am extremely satisfied about it - but with kids is even nicer experience. All kind, all nice and with a gentle smile. This is also something I would like you to report to your colleagues.

Would appreciate your feedback on the above.
Best regards

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 4, 2014 6:19 am

Originally Posted by sokolov (Post 23297018)
Dear LH Lurker,

I am shocked by the lack of award availability on Air New Zealand between North America an NZ. I have checked every single AIr NZ flight (between AKL and LAX, SFO, HNL, YVR) for a period of about 8 months (!), starting at the end of September into May.

I have found two or three days where I could fly from North America to NZ - these days happen to be consecutive. I have found one day where I could fly from NZ to North America - but this day is two days before I could even get to NZ. So I can not book a trip NA-NZ-NA.

This is not "limited availability" where M&M members have to be "flexible". It is simply impossible to spend the miles on such an award. How disappointing.

Now, I don't expect you to fix the issue. I simply wanted to provide feedback.

Dear sokolov,
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're facing in regards to the mileage availability for the Air New Zealand flights between LAX and AKL and I will forward your feedback to the Miles & More department in charge.
Jens

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 4, 2014 6:22 am

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin (Post 23300264)
Dear LH Lurker,

why does LH refuse to pay for a F class pax guest while in Vienna to access F/HON Cirlce lounge? Lounge attendant had a printed sheet of paper with "NO GUESTS" on it while LH website seems to indicate otherwise:

(1) Access to the First Class Terminal at Frankfurt Airport is only possible with a confirmed same-day departing First Class flight on Lufthansa or SWISS. HON Circle Members may access the First Class Terminal with a same-day departing flight on Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Airlines. Access to the First Class Terminal is not permitted for arriving passengers.
(3) To access the First Class Terminal and the First Class Lounges travelling companions must present a valid boarding pass for the same flight as the passenger who invited them. Life partners, spouses and children under 18 years must present a valid boarding pass for a flight departing on the same day as the passenger who invited them

Is Vienna lounge a contract lounge with different access rules than a typical "Lufthansa First Class Lounge"?

Hello LilZeppelin,
I will cross check the conditions for lounge access for the HON Lounge in VIE again with my colleagues. May I ask what kind of ticket did your companion hold? Was it a flight ticket for the same day with LH, LX or OS? Please feel free to provide me with more information (like flight date) per PM.
Jens

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 4, 2014 6:26 am

Originally Posted by icekarl (Post 23301947)
Hello lurkers,

I am father since 16 months and my daughter has done already quite a few flight experiences with his "flying father".
She flew already four round-trips intercontinental (to the US).
He have always's flown business class.

At the beginning I was amazed about the onboard amenities for babies and kids. On a MCO-FRA route she has been given a mini black pilot bag full of amenities and funny games. She was excited and it is very helpful for parents because helps entertaining small kids during long flights. And it is a nice gesture. I appreciate these amenities are given to children in all classes of service and regardless the fact the the father is a HON circle member.

More recently I flew with my daughter back from Miami to Frankfurt (if you need I can give you flight details). Not even a small puppet was given, despite we both were expecting it. I was quite disappointed but I said nothing (maybe rules have been implemented in the meanwhile?), and the crew was as usual extremely nice and friendly (this is a big plus, the kindness to children and families with children is something I have always appreciated with LH-crews).
Shortly after, I flew alone the same leg. I saw cabin attendants walking through the aisles and giving to all children (babies and kids) a fantastic brand-new big bright-blue amenities box. I was then very disappointed thinking that my daughter wouldn't get it. Why this difference in treatment? Is this something left to flight attendants/pursers? Or is there a general rule?

On the other hand, I have to highlight the amazing service given in Frankfurt at First Class Lounges/Terminal. I travel often using FCL/FCT - and by the way I am extremely satisfied about it - but with kids is even nicer experience. All kind, all nice and with a gentle smile. This is also something I would like you to report to your colleagues.

Would appreciate your feedback on the above.
Best regards

Dear icekarl,
first of all I thank you for your kind words in regards to my colleagues in Frankfurt and the service you received during your past travels in the First Class Lounges and the First Class Terminal. I will gladly forward this compliment to my colleagues.
We at Lufthansa try all our best to make the journey for families and especially the children to a special experience. This is including the children’s menus and of course the complementary toys on board. Usually these toys are loaded together with the child meal. Why this didn't happen on your return flight from Miami to Frankfurt can be clarified by my colleagues of Customer Relations. I’m sorry that I can’t offer an explanation at once, but there shouldn't be a difference between flights leaving Frankfurt and flights going to Frankfurt. Please feel free to contact my colleagues via http://f.lh.com/fdRu and they will get back to you as soon as possible with a detailed feedback.
Jens

LilZeppelin Aug 4, 2014 7:12 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 23306620)
Hello LilZeppelin,
I will cross check the conditions for lounge access for the HON Lounge in VIE again with my colleagues. May I ask what kind of ticket did your companion hold? Was it a flight ticket for the same day with LH, LX or OS? Please feel free to provide me with more information (like flight date) per PM.
Jens

Hi Jens,
it was a same-day LH F class ticket and the pax was not a HON. I was flying also on OS. Would appreciate if you could tell me if I mis-read lounge access rules on the website or if they should be made a little clearer as to what are LH lounges, in case VIE HON lounge is not an LH lounge....

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 5, 2014 5:19 am

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin (Post 23306802)
Hi Jens,
it was a same-day LH F class ticket and the pax was not a HON. I was flying also on OS. Would appreciate if you could tell me if I mis-read lounge access rules on the website or if they should be made a little clearer as to what are LH lounges, in case VIE HON lounge is not an LH lounge....

Hello LilZeppelin,
thank you for the additional details. I will get back to you as soon as I have heard back from my colleagues.
Jens

vievic Aug 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Misspelled name

Dear LH Lurkers,

I've just booked an award flight VIE-YYZ-YYC-SEA/SFO-YVR-MUC-VIE. As I did some preparation with the known tools, all selected flights should have had availability in I. While the first call was unsuccessful (the agent told me there was no flight available from YYC to SEA, not even in X), the second agent was able to book the flights. Hooray!

A few minutes later when I read the booking confirmation I noticed that the second passenger's surname was misspelled: ......cKt instead of ......cHt. I immediately called to have the error corrected, but was told the ticket was issued an no changes possible. The only solution, I was told, was to either cancel and reissue the ticket (€100 for the 2 of us and the uncertainty if the flights can be booked again when it was difficult the first time) or to add a remark.

I don't see that this mistake is my responsibility (either the agent misunderstood me or miss-typed the name) and would like to know if really there is no chance to correct a simple typo. I don't really like the idea of travelling to the states and dealing with TSA and CBP with a misspelled name on the ticket.

Thank you,
vievic

vievic Aug 16, 2014 11:32 am

Originally Posted by vievic (Post 23370236)
A few minutes later when I read the booking confirmation I noticed that the second passenger's surname was misspelled: ......cKt instead of ......cHt. I immediately called to have the error corrected, but was told the ticket was issued an no changes possible.

The agent called me today. The reservation has not even been ticketed (the credit card couldn't be charged), but nevertheless no change was possible. The agent also admitted that it was clearly his fault ("habe mich leider vertippt, ich bin auch nur ein Mensch"), but he couldn't change the name and there was no more availability in I, so he wasn't able to make another reservation.

Is there really no way to correct this?

Kind regards,
vievic

htb Aug 17, 2014 8:08 am

Originally Posted by vievic (Post 23373926)
The agent called me today. The reservation has not even been ticketed (the credit card couldn't be charged), but nevertheless no change was possible. The agent also admitted that it was clearly his fault ("habe mich leider vertippt, ich bin auch nur ein Mensch"), but he couldn't change the name and there was no more availability in I, so he wasn't able to make another reservation.

Of couse there is. He has to go through his supervisor or his supervisor's supervisor.

On the other hand: they could also make a note in the reservation stating that the name was misspelled and provide the correct name there. The correction can then be done at check-in. And last but not least: a one-letter misspell is acceptable by IATA rules.

HTB

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 18, 2014 7:27 am

Originally Posted by vievic (Post 23373926)

Kind regards,
vievic

Dear vievic,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem with the misspelled name. Unfortunately I can't offer a better solution than suggested by my colleague at Miles & More.
After a booking is made and the names are entered there is no change possible. To get this fixed it would be necessary to cancel all the flights and make a completely new booking. As there are no availabilities, the only other option is to add a remark with the correct name.

Jens

vievic Aug 18, 2014 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 23381825)
After a booking is made and the names are entered there is no change possible. To get this fixed it would be necessary to cancel all the flights and make a completely new booking. As there are no availabilities, the only other option is to add a remark with the correct name.
Jens

I find it a bit underwhelming that Lufthansa isn't able to correct its own error.

Is it possible to get a copy of that remark mailed and will gate agents be able to correct the name on the boarding pass according to the remark?

Thanks, vievic