FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

enadle Jul 16, 14 6:42 pm

Dear LH Lurker,

I just booked a coshare flight on united using LH to Prague and Swiss coming home. I was not able to book seats for any of these flights. I was told there was no seat map and to call the airline. CS at LH told me I can't book seats until 24hrs in advance.

My friend booked directly with LH and got seats already.

What can I do to get a seat? This is for travel in October.

Jasper2009 Jul 16, 14 11:20 pm

Dear LH Lurkers,

I have a question regarding the checked baggage allowance on TATL flights.

I believe the MSC concept applies on LH flights and those operated by its TATL partners.

Let's assume I'm flying DUS-LHR(LH)-YYZ(AC). As an AC Super Elite member I'm entitled to 3x32kg in Y on AC operated flights. Will LH honour this allowance on the DUS-LHR feeder flight per the MSC rules or will it apply the regular *G allowance (regular 1x23kg + 1x23kg for *G members)?

Thanks in advance!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 17, 14 6:57 am


Originally Posted by enadle (Post 23208688)
Dear LH Lurker,

I just booked a coshare flight on united using LH to Prague and Swiss coming home. I was not able to book seats for any of these flights. I was told there was no seat map and to call the airline. CS at LH told me I can't book seats until 24hrs in advance.

My friend booked directly with LH and got seats already.

What can I do to get a seat? This is for travel in October.

Hi enadle,
unfortunately, the chargeable advance seat reservation is only possible for tickets issued on Lufthansa ticket stock. As of now, it’s technically not possible to add seat assignments to other airlines‘ bookings. That’s why I can not offer an alternative way for you to get a seat reservation that much in advance. In this case, indeed, you’ll have to use the online check-in available approxximately 24 hours in advance.
Regards, Katharina

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 17, 14 6:58 am


Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 23209733)
Dear LH Lurkers,

I have a question regarding the checked baggage allowance on TATL flights.

I believe the MSC concept applies on LH flights and those operated by its TATL partners.

Let's assume I'm flying DUS-LHR(LH)-YYZ(AC). As an AC Super Elite member I'm entitled to 3x32kg in Y on AC operated flights. Will LH honour this allowance on the DUS-LHR feeder flight per the MSC rules or will it apply the regular *G allowance (regular 1x23kg + 1x23kg for *G members)?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Jasper2009,
in your case, the MSC rule defines AC’s Free Baggage Allowance to apply on your entire journey, also on the LH-operated flight DUS-LHR. However, this rule refers to the regular free baggage allowance for *G members only, the individual allowance of 3x32kg on AC-operated flights won’t be honoured at the LH check-in.
Best regards, Katharina

SuperFlyBoy Jul 17, 14 7:32 am


Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 23210968)
Hi enadle,
unfortunately, the chargeable advance seat reservation is only possible for tickets issued on Lufthansa ticket stock. As of now, it’s technically not possible to add seat assignments to other airlines‘ bookings. That’s why I can not offer an alternative way for you to get a seat reservation that much in advance. In this case, indeed, you’ll have to use the online check-in available approxximately 24 hours in advance.
Regards, Katharina

Dear Katharina,

I would like a clarification on your statement, as things *used* to be different earlier. (When I was flying on Lufthansa with United ticket stock)

We used to be able to make seat assignments for LH flight numbers, LH flights (no code-shares involved), despite being on United ticket stock.

Is this now not the case?

If so, this is also one more reason not to fly on LH segments to the US. (Above and beyond the only 100% P-class mileage one accrues + other factors...)

Thanks,

SuperFlyBoy

Jasper2009 Jul 17, 14 9:00 am


Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 23210971)
Hi Jasper2009,
in your case, the MSC rule defines AC’s Free Baggage Allowance to apply on your entire journey, also on the LH-operated flight DUS-LHR. However, this rule refers to the regular free baggage allowance for *G members only, the individual allowance of 3x32kg on AC-operated flights won’t be honoured at the LH check-in.
Best regards, Katharina

Thanks for the fast response!^

That's somewhat disappointing, but it's good to know LH won't honour the more generous baggage allowance.

If I may add a follow-up question: How about a DUS-LHR(LH Y)-YYZ(AC C) itinerary? The regular TATL C baggage allowance would be 2x32kg, and a *G member would get 3x32kg. Would LH honour that baggage allowance for the feeder flight in Y per the MSC rules?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 18, 14 9:03 am

Hi Jasper2009,
even though booked in Economy class on the feeder flight DUS-LHR, the MSC applies and you are given the *G free baggage allowance for Business class ( 3 bags up to 32kg) for all flight segments.
Katharina

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 18, 14 9:09 am


Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 23211137)
Dear Katharina,

I would like a clarification on your statement, as things *used* to be different earlier. (When I was flying on Lufthansa with United ticket stock)

We used to be able to make seat assignments for LH flight numbers, LH flights (no code-shares involved), despite being on United ticket stock.

Is this now not the case?

If so, this is also one more reason not to fly on LH segments to the US. (Above and beyond the only 100% P-class mileage one accrues + other factors...)

Thanks,

SuperFlyBoy

Hi SuperFlyBoy,

Lufthansa introduced Chargeable seats on Intercontinental flights in April 2014. Passengers who hold a flight reservation in booking classes W, S, T, L and K are since able to reserve a seat in advance against the charge of 10€ / 15$. Furthermore, we offer the reservation of legroom seats against a charge of 70€ / 100$ to all passengers holding an Economy ticket. With my previous statement I referred to these options, when I advised that this, as of now, is technically only possible for tickets on LH ticket stock. Holding a ticket with OAL, let‘s say on United stock, you still can reserve a seat free of charge, if you are booked in one of the higher classes, as the chargeable booking process does not apply here. Let me add, that the seat reservation for HON Circle members, Senators and companions still remains to be booked without fee in all booking classes.

Best regards, Katharina

mamb0 Jul 18, 14 7:33 pm


Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 23218083)
Let me add, that the seat reservation for HON Circle members, Senators and companions still remains to be booked without fee in all booking classes.

Best regards, Katharina



Sorry but let us be very precise, I fell into the trap of this description.

Free seat reservations for Hons are limited to two companions who have to be in the same itinerary and in the same cabin class.

If you have a family of 4 or 5 or have parts of your immediate family travel in a different cabin class you are S.O.O.L.

Great enhancement! Thanks, LH.

Greetings from the Emirates First Lounge at DXB, where I just finished my EK Platinum run.

htb Jul 21, 14 2:42 pm

I've just received this in my mailbox:


Changes to the Miles & More
Terms & Conditions as of 1 July 2014



Dear GBM.flights,

Miles & More has revised and streamlined its Terms & Conditions as of 1 July 2014. Among other things, these changes include extending the validity of award miles even if you cancel your membership in the programme.

You will find the new Miles & More Terms & Conditions at:
miles-and-more.com/ch/conditions.

Please note that your acceptance of the changes to the Terms & Conditions is implied if you continue to use your Miles & More customer card or if you do not file an objection in writing to the following address within one month of receiving this email:

Miles & More
Postfach 12 00
33409 Verl
Germany

If you object to the changes to the Terms & Conditions, you may cancel your membership by submitting a standard cancellation notice in accordance with section 3.1 of the Terms & Conditions.

We hope you will continue to enjoy earning and redeeming miles with Miles & More.

Yours sincerely,

Your Miles & More Team

PS: You can find the previously valid Terms & Conditions at
miles-and-more.com/ch/conditions.
Please note that we already are nearing the end of July, and I was under the impression that LH, after the last PR fiasco, promised to announce changes a couple of months ahead of time, not a few weeks after they have already become effective.

But my real question: what are the changes? All other companies, small and large, were able to provide a summary of the changes, but LH expects each of their customers to compare the old and the new T&Cs?

Would you mind giving us a summary of the changes? This would safe man-decades, if not even -centuries, of work on your customer's side.

Thanks in advance


HTB.

mmff Jul 21, 14 3:41 pm


Originally Posted by htb (Post 23233098)
Would you mind giving us a summary of the changes?

+1

SuperFlyBoy Jul 22, 14 1:12 am

I would also appreciate the summary of the changes, not elucidated in the same e-mail to me.

YuropFlyer Jul 22, 14 1:14 am

+1 for a summary from here too.

Other companies like DKB definitely can do it. And they put the summary right into the information email.

TRAVELSIG Jul 22, 14 4:51 am


Originally Posted by htb (Post 23233098)
I've just received this in my mailbox:



Please note that we already are nearing the end of July, and I was under the impression that LH, after the last PR fiasco, promised to announce changes a couple of months ahead of time, not a few weeks after they have already become effective.


I also agree that a retroactive change from 01JULY is not a very good way to treat your customers. Please advise your offices this is not acceptable behavior towards customers.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 22, 14 6:34 am


Originally Posted by htb (Post 23233098)
I've just received this in my mailbox:



Please note that we already are nearing the end of July, and I was under the impression that LH, after the last PR fiasco, promised to announce changes a couple of months ahead of time, not a few weeks after they have already become effective.

But my real question: what are the changes? All other companies, small and large, were able to provide a summary of the changes, but LH expects each of their customers to compare the old and the new T&Cs?

Would you mind giving us a summary of the changes? This would safe man-decades, if not even -centuries, of work on your customer's side.

Thanks in advance


HTB.

Hi everyone, I forwarded your request to my colleagues and will come back to you as soon as I have an answer. Regards, Sandra


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:16 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.