Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Duty Free

Hi Lurkers

Can you tell me please - If I buy spirits in Heathrow and put it in my carry on, fly to FRA, walk out to the FCT, will they be able to scan and seal them there for my flight to the US? As far as I know they don't tamper proof seal the Duty Free at LHR - or will it have to be given up and lost at the FCT? Alternatively is there much of a shop in the FCT?
Thanks in advance.
L
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:41 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by lloydah
Hi Lurkers

Can you tell me please - If I buy spirits in Heathrow and put it in my carry on, fly to FRA, walk out to the FCT, will they be able to scan and seal them there for my flight to the US? As far as I know they don't tamper proof seal the Duty Free at LHR - or will it have to be given up and lost at the FCT? Alternatively is there much of a shop in the FCT?
Thanks in advance.
L
Hi Ildoydah,
the Duty Free Shop in Heathrow has to seal the bottles in a special clear duty-free plastic bag. The receipt (stating that you bought it on the day of your departure) will have to be attached to it. If that's the case, it's no problem to bring them in your carry-on. Usually that's the regular procedure so staff at LHR Duty Free should know about it.
There is a small Duty Free shop at FRA FCT. Would you like to tell me your flight details and which spirits you want to buy? I'll check if it's available at the FCT or if it's possible to get it from the bigger shop at the main terminal so that it will be available when you're there. Please feel free to PM your details.
Vanessa
Old Jun 13, 2014, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi Ildoydah,
the Duty Free Shop in Heathrow has to seal the bottles in a special clear duty-free plastic bag. The receipt (stating that you bought it on the day of your departure) will have to be attached to it. If that's the case, it's no problem to bring them in your carry-on. Usually that's the regular procedure so staff at LHR Duty Free should know about it.
There is a small Duty Free shop at FRA FCT. Would you like to tell me your flight details and which spirits you want to buy? I'll check if it's available at the FCT or if it's possible to get it from the bigger shop at the main terminal so that it will be available when you're there. Please feel free to PM your details.
Vanessa
Thanks Vanessa.
I was looking at the Bombay Sapphire offer that Heinemann have on offer at FRA, (approx 16euros) I'll be on the 905 from LHR connecting to the 420 to BOS next Saturday 21st.

Lloyd
Old Jun 13, 2014, 6:29 am

Thanks Vanessa.
I was looking at the Bombay Sapphire offer that Heinemann have on offer at FRA, (approx 16euros) I'll be on the 905 from LHR connecting to the 420 to BOS next Saturday 21st.

Lloyd
Hi Lloyd, let me see what I can do for you. Just for your info, as were're not here during the weekend I probably not be able to get back to you before Monday though.
Enjoy your weekend!
Vanessa
Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:15 am

Thanks Vanessa.

Lloyd
Hi Lloyd, I already heard back from the FCT: Bombay Sapphire is always in stock
Vanessa
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:36 am

Senator for years but downgraded...

Hi,
Last week (07.06.2014) I flew from Buenos Aires to Tel Aviv Via Frankfurt.
From Buenos Aires to Frankfurt I flew business and from Frankfurt to Tel Aviv economy.
At the Check in in Bouenos Aires i got my Boarding Pass also from Frankfurt to Tel Aviv. my seat 11D. good seat at the exit.
when boarding in Frankfurt i suddenly got an automated ticket to what seems to be the worst seat on this flight middle seat at the back.... 27E.
In short i was down graded from 11D to 27E without notice, as i am a not a passenger but a piece of luggage .. the flight attendant told me it is the system, not her problem, then came the head purser and told me it happened because the passengers list was erased from the computer.. yes sure.
Upon arrival to Tel Aviv I send a complaint to the company and what i got as an answer is even more strange - They addressed me by a wrong name, not even close to mined and i am sure it was the name of the passenger that was supposed to be seating there.. and then, they had a set of standard sentences that clearly showed that they have not even read my complaint, it looks like an automated answer to a complaint.! They told me that they can not guaranty the seat in the boarding pass ! can you believe it? so for your information : if you fly LH and you get a boarding pass with a seat it worth nothing and being a senator for years is worthless as well.

I am a senator for years, i fly over 150 flights/year in many companies and have never experienced such a ridiculous treatment from a air company
what is this?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:32 am

Hi Lloyd, I already heard back from the FCT: Bombay Sapphire is always in stock
Vanessa
That'll make Mrs L very happy You're a star Vanessa.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by uashash
Hi,
Last week (07.06.2014) I flew from Buenos Aires to Tel Aviv Via Frankfurt.
From Buenos Aires to Frankfurt I flew business and from Frankfurt to Tel Aviv economy.
At the Check in in Bouenos Aires i got my Boarding Pass also from Frankfurt to Tel Aviv. my seat 11D. good seat at the exit.
when boarding in Frankfurt i suddenly got an automated ticket to what seems to be the worst seat on this flight middle seat at the back.... 27E.
In short i was down graded from 11D to 27E without notice, as i am a not a passenger but a piece of luggage .. the flight attendant told me it is the system, not her problem, then came the head purser and told me it happened because the passengers list was erased from the computer.. yes sure.
Upon arrival to Tel Aviv I send a complaint to the company and what i got as an answer is even more strange - They addressed me by a wrong name, not even close to mined and i am sure it was the name of the passenger that was supposed to be seating there.. and then, they had a set of standard sentences that clearly showed that they have not even read my complaint, it looks like an automated answer to a complaint.! They told me that they can not guaranty the seat in the boarding pass ! can you believe it? so for your information : if you fly LH and you get a boarding pass with a seat it worth nothing and being a senator for years is worthless as well.

I am a senator for years, i fly over 150 flights/year in many companies and have never experienced such a ridiculous treatment from a air company
what is this?
Hi uashash,

I am sorry to hear about the disappointment of having your seat changed to a middle seat, after you appeared to have the exit seat confirmed on your boarding pass. The change of a seat assignment during the course of your journey might be caused by an equipment change at short notice. This apparently was not the case here. Customer Relations should have been able to look into that specific incident and, I agree, should have replied accordingly. Kindly tell me your Customer Feedback ID via PM and I will forward the issue to my colleagues, ask them to review the case and send you an individual response. Thanks!

Kind regards, Katharina
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers,
it seems that after trials in MXP & BRE in the past months and all of scandic last year, the Altea DCS will replace Unisys/Pictures in Germany (other than MUC&FRA) this summer.

Is there a timetable on how each station will switch? Will the online checkin interface for Altea stations be different?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:29 pm

PM send, waiting for replay

Hi uashash,

I am sorry to hear about the disappointment of having your seat changed to a middle seat, after you appeared to have the exit seat confirmed on your boarding pass. The change of a seat assignment during the course of your journey might be caused by an equipment change at short notice. This apparently was not the case here. Customer Relations should have been able to look into that specific incident and, I agree, should have replied accordingly. Kindly tell me your Customer Feedback ID via PM and I will forward the issue to my colleagues, ask them to review the case and send you an individual response. Thanks!

Kind regards, Katharina
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear Lurkers,
it seems that after trials in MXP & BRE in the past months and all of scandic last year, the Altea DCS will replace Unisys/Pictures in Germany (other than MUC&FRA) this summer.

Is there a timetable on how each station will switch? Will the online checkin interface for Altea stations be different?
Hi Oliver,
I'll try to find more for you and get back to you once I've received more information.
Vanessa
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:53 am

Hello uashash,
thank you for the details. I answered you also per PM.
Jens
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Hej, interesting experience:
MXP is this airport where SN, OS, LX, LH and 4U have five separate checkin booths and all insist that they have nothing to do with each other and of cause it is technically not possible to checkin with the other airline (which of cause is the case at almost any other Airport in the world). This is all known for long and I m used to wait for hours at the unstaffed LX Counter while Five People at LH checkin are playing with their feet since they have nothing to do. Now comes the interesting new Part of the Customer experience: since most flights from MXP have been converted to 4U now the LH checkin closes in the middle of the day as well as the ticket Counter (probably 4 of the Former 5 staff members now play with their feet at home) AND in addition all LH checkin machines have also been removed from the airport and LH HON Service tells me that both Phone Checkin as well as Mobile Checkin have been disabled for flights originating at MXP. Therefore I should be at 4.40 in the Morning at the checkin desk (without any luggage to be checked) for the latest to simply get Boarding passes for my flights with Lufthansa First class with the first segment starting at 06.40. Now this is what I call convincing customer Service. Thumbs up LH, you are really close to efficiantly scare away your last loyal customers with this new service initiative!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Dear lurkers

I need your help please. I have a First Class M&M seat for next month on the 402 to Newark from FRA.

This service has now been downgraded to an all-J premium service with J pax being allowed to sit in F and no F service.

LH did not contact me to tell me about this and it was only by coincidence that I found out about it.

I am trying to get myself rebooked on the morning A380 service to JFK in F. No reward seats are showing but there are no shortage of cash seats. The UK call centre seems incapable of getting RevMan in Frankfurt to release a seat however. I am constantly told that it has been requested and will be confirmed (or denied) within 2 hours but for a number of days now it has sat in limbo.

Is there any way of expediting this? It is not my fault that LH chose to remove F from the 402 after I had booked!

Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by kasi
Hej, interesting experience:
MXP is this airport where SN, OS, LX, LH and 4U have five separate checkin booths and all insist that they have nothing to do with each other and of cause it is technically not possible to checkin with the other airline (which of cause is the case at almost any other Airport in the world). This is all known for long and I m used to wait for hours at the unstaffed LX Counter while Five People at LH checkin are playing with their feet since they have nothing to do. Now comes the interesting new Part of the Customer experience: since most flights from MXP have been converted to 4U now the LH checkin closes in the middle of the day as well as the ticket Counter (probably 4 of the Former 5 staff members now play with their feet at home) AND in addition all LH checkin machines have also been removed from the airport and LH HON Service tells me that both Phone Checkin as well as Mobile Checkin have been disabled for flights originating at MXP. Therefore I should be at 4.40 in the Morning at the checkin desk (without any luggage to be checked) for the latest to simply get Boarding passes for my flights with Lufthansa First class with the first segment starting at 06.40. Now this is what I call convincing customer Service. Thumbs up LH, you are really close to efficiantly scare away your last loyal customers with this new service initiative!

Hello kasi, I would appreciate if you could take a moment to give me one of those booking codes in order to investigate the matter for you. Thank you in advance! Regards, Sandra

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.