FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 28, 14 3:54 am

Originally Posted by lovejapan (Post 22936175)
Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for the feedback. It is disappointing and somewhat frustrating that the 747-400 with the current seats can fly into Haneda but not the newer 747-8I with the new seats.

Any chance that the A340 flights from MUC into HND will have the new business class seats?

NH, JL, BA (and soon AF) fly into HND with full flat seats. Will LH be put at a competitive disadvantage having to use the current lie flat seats?

Originally Posted by malmostoso (Post 22936418)
I'd be interested to know this as well. I have a booking BRU-MUC-HND later in the year and I have quickly researched the topic, and according to flightaware the A346 based in MUC with the new C seats seem to make their way to HND regularly. However I'd like to hear an "official" confirmation. Thank you!

Dear lovejapan and malmostoso,
I have just forwarded your posts to our colleagues and we will get back to you as soon as we received an answer.
Stefanie

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 28, 14 4:35 am

Hi lovejapan, hi malmostoso,
I’ve just heard back from my colleagues. MUC-HND is currently being flown with the new Business Class and will continue to do so in the future. However – as the retro-fitting of the entire fleet hasn’t been finished yet – there might be single flights that will not offer the new C-Class seats.
Vanessa

malmostoso May 28, 14 7:24 am

Thank you for the update, I look forward to trying the new product!

jbolan May 28, 14 11:01 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 22936963)
Hi jbolan,
I have just contacted the respective department for you. My colleagues reconfirmed that they are currently experiencing problems with reserving seats on flights which are booked as code share. They are doing their best to fix this bug as soon as possible. I am sorry but unfortunately our hands are tied here... :-(
Stefanie

LH Lurker - Just so you understand, I successfully booked seats on a United codeshare, ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS flight yesterday. It went something like this, I called ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS, asked for seats 26 A and B, and the agent said "no problem" and confirmed them for me on the spot. So you might want to think about calling ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS and ask them for their secret to booking seats on United codeshare flights. (You should be embarrassed!)

krolpolski May 29, 14 3:18 pm

Hello LH Lurker(s):

For our upcoming trip to Paris on June 9, we planned to book via United Airlines as my wife has many frequent flier miles due to her business travel. When we attempted to book our four tickets through United, however, we were happy to learn that we would in fact be flying on Lufthansa, known as one of the better airlines in the world.

My wife spent an hour on the phone with a Lufthansa representative to book three tickets on Flight LH 433 using miles and she purchased one ticket - my ticket. After taking our credit card number we got a confirmation number. And I got a seat number -- 38A -- next to my wife. The airline rep told my wife, "Everything is taken care of," and after getting an email confirmation, we thought it was.

So as I was preparing our trip schedule last week, I asked my wife to check to make sure our flight was still scheduled at the same time and that we still had the same seats. Good thing I didn't take at face value the "Lufthansa flight bookings do not require a reconfirmation after ticket purchase" notice on the e-mail we had received when we booked.

What a two-hour nightmare my wife went through on the telephone. Even after asking to speak with a supervisor, she was told I had no reservation and the flight was full, with no way to get me on the plane. That is until my wife dug out the original e-mail that showed I had a seat booked on the flight. Then, suddenly, there was space. But we had to pay the current price for the seat, twice as much as what it would've cost us if Lufthansa had issued the e-ticket when we had originally booked our flight back in August. ($2795.00 seems like a lot for a coach seat, doesn't it?)

The explanation to my wife was there had been some sort of schedule change with our flight and after Lufthansa allegedly attempted to reach me (we have an answering machine and no calls came in nor any e-mails to my wife) and when they couldn't reach me, my reservation was cancelled. Yes, but if this was the case, why weren't my wife's and two sons' tickets affected? They still have the same seats we originally booked.

And I can't believe that Lufthansa didn't make every effort to reach out to me and now I had to pay an extra $1200 (plus $35 to select a seat I already had reserved - but now in the middle of a row) because of the company's mistake.

Imagine if we hadn't called and had shown up at the airport expecting to leave on the trip of the lifetime?! My family would be off to Paris while I scrambled around the airport to find another flight.

Nevertheless, I will now spend the entire flight sitting (and trying to sleep) next to strangers.

I e-mailed the airline and they responded that they received my e-mail and assigned a Feedback ID number But that's all I've heard from them.

How can I get seated next to my wife and get refunded the additional money we had to pay for a ticket we thought we already reserved and purchased?

Thank you.

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 30, 14 4:26 am

Originally Posted by krolpolski (Post 22946378)
Hello LH Lurker(s):

For our upcoming trip to Paris on June 9, we planned to book via United Airlines as my wife has many frequent flier miles due to her business travel. When we attempted to book our four tickets through United, however, we were happy to learn that we would in fact be flying on Lufthansa, known as one of the better airlines in the world.

My wife spent an hour on the phone with a Lufthansa representative to book three tickets on Flight LH 433 using miles and she purchased one ticket - my ticket. After taking our credit card number we got a confirmation number. And I got a seat number -- 38A -- next to my wife. The airline rep told my wife, "Everything is taken care of," and after getting an email confirmation, we thought it was.

So as I was preparing our trip schedule last week, I asked my wife to check to make sure our flight was still scheduled at the same time and that we still had the same seats. Good thing I didn't take at face value the "Lufthansa flight bookings do not require a reconfirmation after ticket purchase" notice on the e-mail we had received when we booked.

What a two-hour nightmare my wife went through on the telephone. Even after asking to speak with a supervisor, she was told I had no reservation and the flight was full, with no way to get me on the plane. That is until my wife dug out the original e-mail that showed I had a seat booked on the flight. Then, suddenly, there was space. But we had to pay the current price for the seat, twice as much as what it would've cost us if Lufthansa had issued the e-ticket when we had originally booked our flight back in August. ($2795.00 seems like a lot for a coach seat, doesn't it?)

The explanation to my wife was there had been some sort of schedule change with our flight and after Lufthansa allegedly attempted to reach me (we have an answering machine and no calls came in nor any e-mails to my wife) and when they couldn't reach me, my reservation was cancelled. Yes, but if this was the case, why weren't my wife's and two sons' tickets affected? They still have the same seats we originally booked.

And I can't believe that Lufthansa didn't make every effort to reach out to me and now I had to pay an extra $1200 (plus $35 to select a seat I already had reserved - but now in the middle of a row) because of the company's mistake.

Imagine if we hadn't called and had shown up at the airport expecting to leave on the trip of the lifetime?! My family would be off to Paris while I scrambled around the airport to find another flight.

Nevertheless, I will now spend the entire flight sitting (and trying to sleep) next to strangers.

I e-mailed the airline and they responded that they received my e-mail and assigned a Feedback ID number But that's all I've heard from them.

How can I get seated next to my wife and get refunded the additional money we had to pay for a ticket we thought we already reserved and purchased?

Thank you.

Dear krolpolski, I am sorry to read about your recent booking experience and regret that not being able to contact you for a schedule change eventually resulted in your flights being cancelled. Generally, once a ticket is issued, and flights later are changed due to schedule adjustments, passengers are advised via phone or email and tickets are reissued accordingly. The cancellation of already ticketed flights, after a schedule change took place, is no common practise. To gain further insight, I would like to verify your booking and contact my colleagues at the Service Center. Would you like to send us your booking code for further clarification via PM? Thanks! Katharina

liveinvietnam Jun 1, 14 9:26 am

Miles and More retroactive credit

Just found this forum, and would like to know if I am the only one frustrated with the service in M&M retroactive credit?

Thing is I am flying J class Saigon to Copenhagen return and on the statement it shows up with no points?

I complain and I am explained (after a long time of no reply - that Thai have credited my points in another system.

I complain over the missing points as I have not been credited any points anywhere, and to make a long and painful story short, Thai airways now admit that they did not credit them anywhere else.

They then go on to say that the flights they already added to my statement they need to see boarding cards for???

They already added the flights themselves and now they want to see boarding cards??? I don't have them any more as they were already on my statement.

This has been going on since 28th of February and they are just wearing me down, and anyway my time limit of asking for retroactive credit is 6 months, so in one months time they will not reply to my requests anymore.

Any idea for a solution here?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jun 2, 14 7:18 am

Originally Posted by liveinvietnam (Post 22959683)
Just found this forum, and would like to know if I am the only one frustrated with the service in M&M retroactive credit?

Thing is I am flying J class Saigon to Copenhagen return and on the statement it shows up with no points?

I complain and I am explained (after a long time of no reply - that Thai have credited my points in another system.

I complain over the missing points as I have not been credited any points anywhere, and to make a long and painful story short, Thai airways now admit that they did not credit them anywhere else.

They then go on to say that the flights they already added to my statement they need to see boarding cards for???

They already added the flights themselves and now they want to see boarding cards??? I don't have them any more as they were already on my statement.

This has been going on since 28th of February and they are just wearing me down, and anyway my time limit of asking for retroactive credit is 6 months, so in one months time they will not reply to my requests anymore.

Any idea for a solution here?

Hello liveinvietnam,
as I am not quite sure whether this matter concerns the bonus programme Miles & More or the Thai bonus programme: Am I assuming correctly that you have received a reply from my Miles & More colleagues stating that the frequent flyer card registered in your booking was the one from Thai Airways (Royal Orchid Plus) and therefore it was not possible to earn Miles & More miles with these flights? Is Thai Airways now requesting the respective boarding passes in order to to credit the miles on the mileage account you have with their bonus programme?
Regards, Maria

dfwrob Jun 3, 14 4:13 pm

Hi, traveling this Friday DFW-FRA-JNB-HRE. Just curious if LH offers counter upgrades from economy to business like some other airlines? If they do, Flying the A380 FRA-JNB and would like to experience it. I know I can just buy business, but I do this route monthly and buy my own tickets. Thanks for any replies.

fanb Jun 4, 14 3:50 am

Dear LH team ,
Now when purchasing m&m miles will no longer be available from July,I would like to buy few miles and spend them on an award flight.
Checking the terms and condition on the m&m website I found out the purchased miles must be used for awards or upgrades immediately ..
However I can't plan and book an award flight until sepember/october..
Will I be able to buy the miles now and use them on an award several months later ?
Thank You

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jun 4, 14 6:28 am

Originally Posted by dfwrob (Post 22973321)
Hi, traveling this Friday DFW-FRA-JNB-HRE. Just curious if LH offers counter upgrades from economy to business like some other airlines? If they do, Flying the A380 FRA-JNB and would like to experience it. I know I can just buy business, but I do this route monthly and buy my own tickets. Thanks for any replies.

Hi dfwrob,
upgrades to Business class are possible if paid for by cash, miles or upgrade vouchers. I suggest that you kindly talk to my colleagues at the gate in Frankfurt ahead of your flightís departure. If vacant, Iím sure they will look into the option. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll experience the Business Class to Johannesburg in the A380 soon,
Katharina

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jun 4, 14 6:29 am

Originally Posted by fanb (Post 22975601)
Dear LH team ,
Now when purchasing m&m miles will no longer be available from July,I would like to buy few miles and spend them on an award flight.
Checking the terms and condition on the m&m website I found out the purchased miles must be used for awards or upgrades immediately ..
However I can't plan and book an award flight until sepember/october..
Will I be able to buy the miles now and use them on an award several months later ?
Thank You

Hi fanb, as you already stated, according to the Terms and Conditions purchased miles must be used immediately, so I'm afraid I can't help, sorry. Regular Award tickets can be rebooked against a fee of 50 Euros, so maybe can book your ticket now and change it later? Please rember that a re-routing is not possible afterwards and that the ticket is valid for one year from date of issue.
Vanessa

dfwrob Jun 4, 14 11:46 am

Thank you for your response

Hi dfwrob,
upgrades to Business class are possible if paid for by cash, miles or upgrade vouchers. I suggest that you kindly talk to my colleagues at the gate in Frankfurt ahead of your flightís departure. If vacant, Iím sure they will look into the option. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll experience the Business Class to Johannesburg in the A380 soon,
Katharina

Thank you for your response Katharina. At least now I have hope. :-)

Germanfflyer Jun 5, 14 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by dfwrob (Post 22977727)
Hi dfwrob,
upgrades to Business class are possible if paid for by cash, miles or upgrade vouchers. I suggest that you kindly talk to my colleagues at the gate in Frankfurt ahead of your flight’s departure. If vacant, I’m sure they will look into the option. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll experience the Business Class to Johannesburg in the A380 soon,
Katharina

Thank you for your response Katharina. At least now I have hope. :-)

Hope you realize that this is the most expensive option as they will charge you the fare difference -most-likely to full C + the change fee?:eek:
There is no discount option at the gate.....like some airlines do....

sw1x Jun 11, 14 2:55 am

SN/LH: Lost golf bag, IT issues

Used the holiday last Monday for a 3-days-golf-getaway to the Algarve with my girlfriend.
Flight was VIE-BRU-FAO on SN 2902 and 3801 with approx. 1.5 hours transfer time in BRU, tickets booked together for the two of us through a TA.

Online check-in through the SN website was redirected to OS webpage, where check-in for myself was impossible, while I could at least check in my girlfriend for the VIE-BRU segment.

The LH transfer desk agent at LHR who I asked kindly to issue boarding passes the evening before our departure could not check in SN flights either. SN's desk in LHR was not manned.

Upon check-in in VIE on Friday I was informed that my BRU-FAO segment had been canceled. Mind you - not my girlfriend's.
Fortunately the ticket counter was able to clarify that I indeed was booked on the onward flight BRU-FAO.

Arriving in FAO, our golf bag went missing. No indication where it was left.
A bit unfortunate if one goes away on a golfing holiday and hasn't got clubs, nor shoes...

Checking repeatedly through the online baggage tracer on the SN website I was only informed that they were still tracing our bag after 1.5 days on Sunday morning.

A call to the very helpful local handling agent at FAO, however, informed me that my bag had been located in BRU, but for reasons undisclosed to the handling agent had not been put on the next flight (Saturday), but the one after that (Sunday), meaning luggage arrival on Sunday night vs. Friday afternoon as planned.

Check-in for the return flight FAO-MUC-VIE on Monday with LH did not work on either the LH or SN webpages or the LH app.
Upon check-in in FAO we (SEN myself, *Gold for my girlfriend) were assigned aisle and middle seats in about row 23 for the MUC-VIE segment. The check-in staff apologised for not being allowed access to all seats of the OS operated LH flight from MUC.

Given that LH owns all three operating airlines involved this is the most disappointing performance of IT integration and handling I could imagine and I suggest LH Group look into how they can make travel for their passengers more comfortable by offering properly integrated and seamless services. Given the possibility that I am not the first to experience dysfunctional service as this today's profit warning due to weaker than expected passenger revenues doesn't come as much of a surprise.