Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old May 23, 14, 4:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
My wife and I traveled on Lufthansa last week, and items were stolen from our checked bags. I've opened up a customer relations request with Lufthansa on Sunday but still haven't had any contact about this. This is a disappointing and unacceptable response, especially given we were in First from MUC-JFK and service was exceptional. How do we follow up to get compensated for our lost items?
Old May 25, 14, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Hi Michael,
we are still awaiting the approvial by the Japanese officials, unfortunately this process is taking longer than expected. As of now, it's planned to start the new route with the B747-400. We're hoping to change it to the B747-8 during the summer schedule.
Vanessa
Dear Vanessa,

Do we have any update on the Queen of the Skies serving Haneda?
Old May 25, 14, 2:16 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Hi Michael,
we are still awaiting the approvial by the Japanese officials, unfortunately this process is taking longer than expected. As of now, it's planned to start the new route with the B747-400. We're hoping to change it to the B747-8 during the summer schedule.
Vanessa
Originally Posted by lovejapan View Post
Dear Vanessa,

I'm very interested in this as well. If you read Japanese, Nikkei (Japanese equivalent of the Financial Times or WSJ) and Lufthansa Japan have a microsite http://ps.nikkei.co.jp/lufthansa2014/ featuring LH's new Business seats and the 748i.

I believe FRA-NRT along with FRA-KIX and FRA-NGO will be two-class service starting W14 but hopefully with new Business seats. I also wonder if they are expecting the Japanese authority to approve the 748i to fly to HND in the near future.
Old May 26, 14, 5:34 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by jmr50 View Post
My wife and I traveled on Lufthansa last week, and items were stolen from our checked bags. I've opened up a customer relations request with Lufthansa on Sunday but still haven't had any contact about this. This is a disappointing and unacceptable response, especially given we were in First from MUC-JFK and service was exceptional. How do we follow up to get compensated for our lost items?
Hi jmr50,
would you like to send me your Customer Relations Feedback ID number via PM? I'll ask my colleagues to get back to you.
Vanessa
Old May 26, 14, 5:35 am

Dear Vanessa,

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
I'm very interested in this as well. If you read Japanese, Nikkei (Japanese equivalent of the Financial Times or WSJ) and Lufthansa Japan have a microsite http://ps.nikkei.co.jp/lufthansa2014/ featuring LH's new Business seats and the 748i.

I believe FRA-NRT along with FRA-KIX and FRA-NGO will be two-class service starting W14 but hopefully with new Business seats. I also wonder if they are expecting the Japanese authority to approve the 748i to fly to HND in the near future.
Hi lovejapan, hi NewbieRunner,
I'll try to find out more and will get back to you as soon as possible!
Vanessa
Old May 26, 14, 6:52 am

Dear LH lurker

In this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...offloaded.html

the question arised regarding denied boarding for passengers who appear clearly intoxicated.

I'd like to ask the following questions about it:

1) Do LH have any special rule that would allow a single drunk passenger still to board, while a group of equally drunk passengers would be denied boarding? ie, "drunk groups gets denied boarding more easily over drunk individuals due to higher risk of things getting out of hand"?

2) What happens if such individual/group have his boarding denied? Will he be put (for free) on the next flight, like in an overbooked-flight situation? (Obviously without compensation, and I guess without hotel/meals paid by LH)
Or will the ticket become void (if non-changeable/non-refundable) after such incident?

3) Do your lounge/served bar attendants take any care to drunk passengers, and refuse drinks to people having had enough, so they won't run into a denied boarding due to intoxication situation?

I've never seen anyone being denied a drink at LH lounges, and some of those flyers have had their fair share of drinks (ie, were already drunk) and still got more.

Thanks
Old May 26, 14, 3:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Strike compensation anybody

Hello

I am curious to know if somebody received any type of compensation after having their flight canceled due to the pilot strike.

When my flight was canceled and LH was uncapable of providing me alternatives (had to book an AF flight on my own) I wrote a complaint letter to LH and received a confirmation of receipt number. After 15 days my card was refunded, but never heard from LH again. Rather than a monetary compensation, I was expecting miles that basically cost nothing to LH with the current mega devaluation

What a shame LH! What a moron I was in the past to always praise LH and stick with them? For what? Just don't have enough words to describe the treatment I received during and after the strike.

Certainly will orient my flights to other carriers. Fidelity cards?! Hahaha what a joke
Old May 27, 14, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Dear LH lurker

In this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...offloaded.html

the question arised regarding denied boarding for passengers who appear clearly intoxicated.

I'd like to ask the following questions about it:

1) Do LH have any special rule that would allow a single drunk passenger still to board, while a group of equally drunk passengers would be denied boarding? ie, "drunk groups gets denied boarding more easily over drunk individuals due to higher risk of things getting out of hand"?

2) What happens if such individual/group have his boarding denied? Will he be put (for free) on the next flight, like in an overbooked-flight situation? (Obviously without compensation, and I guess without hotel/meals paid by LH)
Or will the ticket become void (if non-changeable/non-refundable) after such incident?

3) Do your lounge/served bar attendants take any care to drunk passengers, and refuse drinks to people having had enough, so they won't run into a denied boarding due to intoxication situation?

I've never seen anyone being denied a drink at LH lounges, and some of those flyers have had their fair share of drinks (ie, were already drunk) and still got more.

Thanks

Dear YuropFlyer,
Thank you for bringing this interesting topic to our attention.
I will make sure to forward this matter to my colleagues and
will get back to you. Regards, Maria
Old May 27, 14, 6:32 am

Dear Vanessa,

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post

I've just heard back from the responsible department.
While they are still hoping to start operating flights to HND with the 747-8 this summer, they unfortunately are also still waiting for official approval by the Japanese authorities. So, no news here I'm afraid, sorry!
Vanessa
Old May 27, 14, 10:44 am

My wife and my infant son traveled from Toronto to Chennai, on Lufthansa last week. While booking the tickets, I got a bassinet from Toronto to Frankfurt, but there was none available on the segment from Frankfurt to Chennai.
While checking in at Toronto airport, we requested the Lufthansa official if she could do something, as my wife had not completely recovered from the surgery. We were assured by the official, that since the next seat to my wife was empty, it was reserved for her.
On reaching Frankfurt, my wife got a shock when she was told that since the plane is completely booked, she wont be getting an extra seat.
And she had to carry the infant for the entire 8-9 hours of the journey, due to which she was in pain after the journey.

I emailed Lufthansa but havent got any response yet. Can you please look into it, as to why Lufthansa lied about an extra seat at Toronto Pearson Airport?

Thanks
Old May 27, 14, 11:26 am

Confirmed Seats On Upcoming Flight Problem

Help LH Lurker!

My wife and I have an upcoming flight on Lufthansa from Chicago to Frankfort on June 5. My problem is that I have found it impossible to get confirmed seats on Lufthansa even after calling your reservation agents many, many times! (I also opened an online problem last week, Feedback ID 22334901, but have gotten no response.) All of your agents keep telling me that there is nothing that they can do to confirm seats on this flight because of a “known problem” with codeshare flights. They tell me that we must wait until we get to the airport on June 5 and get our assigned seats from whatever inventory is left at that time. Being that I'm over 6 feet 8 inches tall, the thought of being stuck in a middle seat for an overnight flight is totally unbearable!

I also find that being told in 2014 that people cannot get advanced seat assignments on a flight that cost several thousands of dollars is totally absurd.

Please help! Thank you.
Old May 27, 14, 10:30 pm

I've just heard back from the responsible department.
While they are still hoping to start operating flights to HND with the 747-8 this summer, they unfortunately are also still waiting for official approval by the Japanese authorities. So, no news here I'm afraid, sorry!
Vanessa
Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for the feedback. It is disappointing and somewhat frustrating that the 747-400 with the current seats can fly into Haneda but not the newer 747-8I with the new seats.

Any chance that the A340 flights from MUC into HND will have the new business class seats?

NH, JL, BA (and soon AF) fly into HND with full flat seats. Will LH be put at a competitive disadvantage having to use the current lie flat seats?
Old May 27, 14, 11:34 pm

Any chance that the A340 flights from MUC into HND will have the new business class seats?
I'd be interested to know this as well. I have a booking BRU-MUC-HND later in the year and I have quickly researched the topic, and according to flightaware the A346 based in MUC with the new C seats seem to make their way to HND regularly. However I'd like to hear an "official" confirmation. Thank you!
Old May 28, 14, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by mcerts View Post
My wife and my infant son traveled from Toronto to Chennai, on Lufthansa last week. While booking the tickets, I got a bassinet from Toronto to Frankfurt, but there was none available on the segment from Frankfurt to Chennai.
While checking in at Toronto airport, we requested the Lufthansa official if she could do something, as my wife had not completely recovered from the surgery. We were assured by the official, that since the next seat to my wife was empty, it was reserved for her.
On reaching Frankfurt, my wife got a shock when she was told that since the plane is completely booked, she wont be getting an extra seat.
And she had to carry the infant for the entire 8-9 hours of the journey, due to which she was in pain after the journey.

I emailed Lufthansa but havent got any response yet. Can you please look into it, as to why Lufthansa lied about an extra seat at Toronto Pearson Airport?

Thanks

Dear mcerts,
I am very sorry to hear that. Please bear with my colleagues from Customer Relations as they are currently facing a high number of incoming requests. If you received an automated reply containing your Feedback-ID, I can assure you that your case has been registered and that means that you will be contacted. Thank you so much for your patience.
Stefanie
Old May 28, 14, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by jbolan View Post
Help LH Lurker!

My wife and I have an upcoming flight on Lufthansa from Chicago to Frankfort on June 5. My problem is that I have found it impossible to get confirmed seats on Lufthansa even after calling your reservation agents many, many times! (I also opened an online problem last week, Feedback ID 22334901, but have gotten no response.) All of your agents keep telling me that there is nothing that they can do to confirm seats on this flight because of a “known problem” with codeshare flights. They tell me that we must wait until we get to the airport on June 5 and get our assigned seats from whatever inventory is left at that time. Being that I'm over 6 feet 8 inches tall, the thought of being stuck in a middle seat for an overnight flight is totally unbearable!

I also find that being told in 2014 that people cannot get advanced seat assignments on a flight that cost several thousands of dollars is totally absurd.

Please help! Thank you.

Hi jbolan,
I have just contacted the respective department for you. My colleagues reconfirmed that they are currently experiencing problems with reserving seats on flights which are booked as code share. They are doing their best to fix this bug as soon as possible. I am sorry but unfortunately our hands are tied here... :-(
Stefanie

Search this Thread