FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

Jasper2009 Apr 29, 2014 10:32 am

Dear LH Lurker,

I would like to provide some feedback regarding a rather mediocre connection experience at JNB:

I had an intīl -> intīl connection at JNB, arriving on SA, connecting onwards on LH.

SA was unable to print my LH BP, so I headed to the intīl transit desks at JNB:

- the LH desk was closed and supposedly only opens 3h before the JNB-FRA departure (I had a 10h connection)
- none of the other *A agents were able to print my LH BP
- the SA agent said I could still clear transit immigration and security. Clearing transit immigration indeed was no problem, however the extremely rude security agent refused to let me through without a BP (even though I had a printout of my itinerary)
- after waiting in line for 45min (of course no priority line for C/F pax) I was sent back by the rude security agent
- I eventually went through South African immigration/customs, was able to print the LH BP at a check-in kiosk (which is used by several airlines) and cleared security and exit immigration

Here are a few suggestions to improve the situation:

1) have the LH transit desk open more than 3h before departure
2) allow other *A agents to print LH BPs (e.g. the SA transit desk is open all day - Iīm sure it would be possible to grant them access to the LH system)
3) have one of those check-in kiosks in the transit desk area

On a side note: I was travelling by myself, in C with hand baggage only, so really nothing complicated.

If you could forward the feedback to the appropiate department that would be appreciated. Thanks!

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 2, 2014 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 22780030)
Dear LH Lurker,

I would like to provide some feedback regarding a rather mediocre connection experience at JNB:

I had an intīl -> intīl connection at JNB, arriving on SA, connecting onwards on LH.

SA was unable to print my LH BP, so I headed to the intīl transit desks at JNB:

- the LH desk was closed and supposedly only opens 3h before the JNB-FRA departure (I had a 10h connection)
- none of the other *A agents were able to print my LH BP
- the SA agent said I could still clear transit immigration and security. Clearing transit immigration indeed was no problem, however the extremely rude security agent refused to let me through without a BP (even though I had a printout of my itinerary)
- after waiting in line for 45min (of course no priority line for C/F pax) I was sent back by the rude security agent
- I eventually went through South African immigration/customs, was able to print the LH BP at a check-in kiosk (which is used by several airlines) and cleared security and exit immigration

Here are a few suggestions to improve the situation:

1) have the LH transit desk open more than 3h before departure
2) allow other *A agents to print LH BPs (e.g. the SA transit desk is open all day - Iīm sure it would be possible to grant them access to the LH system)
3) have one of those check-in kiosks in the transit desk area

On a side note: I was travelling by myself, in C with hand baggage only, so really nothing complicated.

If you could forward the feedback to the appropiate department that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dear Jasper2009,
I answered you on your private message.
Jens

mmff May 6, 2014 9:50 am

Dear LH Lurker,

I am trying to use a voucher at Lufthansa.com and I can't get past the following error message:

The promotion code cannot be applied for this booking (invalid point of sale) (73005)
The terms and conditions specificly state that this voucher must be used online. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Edit: Please ignore this post, I just got it to work. :)

TT-Jones May 8, 2014 10:48 am

Dear LH Lurker,

why has the "my bookings" section on Lufthansa.de been broken for many days now?

I have an award booking which I would like to access. Not only does it show up twice on Lufthansa.de, when I click "view", I am taken to the M&M-Homepage, where the booking is also erroneously displayed twice: As "cash booking" AND as "award Booking".

Trying to open either one results in a never-ending loop of redirects to god-knows-where, until my browser tells me: "Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at deeplink."

What is the matter here?

Thanks!

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 9, 2014 5:11 am

Originally Posted by TT-Jones (Post 22831827)
Dear LH Lurker,

why has the "my bookings" section on Lufthansa.de been broken for many days now?

I have an award booking which I would like to access. Not only does it show up twice on Lufthansa.de, when I click "view", I am taken to the M&M-Homepage, where the booking is also erroneously displayed twice: As "cash booking" AND as "award Booking".

Trying to open either one results in a never-ending loop of redirects to god-knows-where, until my browser tells me: "Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at deeplink."

What is the matter here?

Thanks!

Dear TT-Jones,
I am sorry to confirm that there currently are technical difficulties occurring on our new user interface.
Rest assured that my colleagues are working on finding a prompt solution. In the meantime, may I kindly suggest that you get in touch with the Technical Support via http://f.lh.com/fju4 who will be able to assist in this matter.
Regards, Maria

rmf5 May 9, 2014 7:51 am

LH Will Not Do Anything for Pax with UA Ticket Stock

I am traveling on UA ticket stock with LH and 4U segments. LH will NOT issue seat assignments, on grounds that I "am flying on a UA ticket."

Didn't UA and LH help create the Star Alliance with an eye toward making inter-line rez seamless? So my *Alliance Gold status has NO Value: no access to a seating chart, no ability to secure a seat assignment until 23 hrs before departure, no rez engine coordination between UA and LH.

So what do airline alliances offer pax?

Germanfflyer May 10, 2014 5:21 am

This has been going on for month now!:mad:
LH must have the most incompetent IT department of all airlines!
And since they do not even care when you call the hotline but brush you off - they just give a **** about the status or the alliance - they care less if you stopp flying them or not!
Apparently they make enough money with that behaviour anyway - so al you can do is find a new airline and alliance!
Go back and read how many times they wrote here it will be fixed....but nothing happens -they do not care!

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 12, 2014 3:47 am

Originally Posted by rmf5 (Post 22836945)
I am traveling on UA ticket stock with LH and 4U segments. LH will NOT issue seat assignments, on grounds that I "am flying on a UA ticket."

Didn't UA and LH help create the Star Alliance with an eye toward making inter-line rez seamless? So my *Alliance Gold status has NO Value: no access to a seating chart, no ability to secure a seat assignment until 23 hrs before departure, no rez engine coordination between UA and LH.

So what do airline alliances offer pax?

Hi rmf5,
I'm sorry to hear you're facing difficulties reserving your seat. Please note that chargeable seat reservations (leg room seat or window/aisle/middle seat in class K, L, T, S, W on longhaul flights) are generally only possible for LH-flights booked under LH flight number on LH ticket stock. If you're booked in a different class, seat reservation should be possible on codeshare flights. In this case I can only recommend to give our Service Center another call so that they can look into it.
Vanessa

Germanfflyer May 13, 2014 6:21 pm

Dear Vanessa,
your information is not correct as they can not book seats even on any higher booking class!

asimha May 14, 2014 3:53 am

If I may, every time we book LH from GVA to HAM (operated by GermanWings) no seat selection is available neither through the M&M or GermanWings website, nor during the web check-in process, nor though our TA ... I also sent a msg to GermanWings directly 2 days ago with no reply. Pax are SEN.
Any reason for this?

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 14, 2014 6:24 am

Originally Posted by asimha (Post 22861729)
If I may, every time we book LH from GVA to HAM (operated by GermanWings) no seat selection is available neither through the M&M or GermanWings website, nor during the web check-in process, nor though our TA ... I also sent a msg to GermanWings directly 2 days ago with no reply. Pax are SEN.
Any reason for this?

Dear asimha,
for all Germanwings flights booked on Lufthansa.com, a seat is automatically reserved in the background in the 4U-system. This seat request is transferred to Lufthansa and displayed during the online check-in. However, due to technical reasons it’s unfortunately not possible to change this reservation or to request a specific seat via the Lufthansa reservation system. This can be processed solely by my colleagues at the Germanwings reservation hotline (http://t.lh.com/rNuh).
Jens

asimha May 14, 2014 8:21 am

Thank you Jens, duly (but sadly) noted !
Thanks
Andre

TT-Jones May 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 22836395)
Dear TT-Jones,
I am sorry to confirm that there currently are technical difficulties occurring on our new user interface.
Rest assured that my colleagues are working on finding a prompt solution.

Yeah, I bet. This is what I get when I try to use the very basic "my bookings" page today:

Error 500: <openjpa-1.2.3-SNAPSHOT-r422266:1395723 nonfatal user error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: An error occurred while parsing the query filter "SELECT cugAssignment FROM CugAssignment cugAssignment WHERE cugAssignment.ucid = :ucid". Error message: The name "CugAssignment" is not a recognized entity or identifier. Perhaps you meant CugAssignment, which is a close match. Known entity names: [ManagedIncident, CugAssignmentHistory, CugAssignment, ManagedIncidentAttachment, ClientStatistic, ManagedIncidentOverview, Client, WlanData, Subscription, Customer, Category]
Maybe you should not have drunk interns on a Saturday night playing around with code?!

On a serious note: The "performance" LH is exhibiting in this matter is an utter disgusting embarassment for the German flag carrier. Shame on you.
:td:

Tim(HAM) May 21, 2014 2:50 pm

Dear LH Lurker,

Feedback on a recent flight HAM-BOS; JFK-HAM (3 adults + infant in Y)

Friendly staff at Call Center: booking bassinet was easy, maybe they shouldn't have recommended a 45 min connection at FRA for a party with a baby and a mobility impaired person (WCHS or WCHR), but it was my choice to accept that connection.

Extremely friendly staff, going out of it's way at HAM check in: they changed our seats for HAM-FRA, so that we were seated together (not possible at OLCI) and even put us on LH 23 instead of LH 25 an hour earlier so we had an hour extra at FRA for connecting to be safe! These things make you want to come back and don't cost a penny!

Staff at Gate: not very helpful and couldn't be bothered with mobility assistance issues.

Outbound flights (FRA-BOS): far above average service, just great! same with staff at the gate in BOS: very helpful with assistance.

And then there is JFK.... Check In agent doesn't want to accept stroller as it is in it's bag, claims rules have changed and TSA will not accept it that way (it is a 500 USD stroller that might get damaged otherwise...) - in the end accepts it and "Hey, it stays in it's bag to HAM with airport security having no issues whatsoever..." Then she tries to charge us for the fourth checked suitcase, claiming babies have no baggage allowance, I have to show her the T&Cs on my IPad in English stating Babies do have 1 piece 23 kg checked baggage free of charge as she wouldn't accept the printed version I have as it is in German to convince her... This is LH staff and not a service provider, they should be properly trained as these are exactly the things that make you consider alternative carriers...

Maybe you can feedback to the managers of these stations so the team in JFK can learn from the experience at HAM...

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 22, 2014 6:37 am

Dear Tim,
Thank you for your detailed description of your recent flight experience. I’m happy to hear that most of your impressions were positive and I apologise for the inconvenience caused on your way back from New York. What you’ve experienced at JFK does not meet our service standards. You can be assured that it is our aim to provide satisfactory customer service at all levels. Therefore I recommend that you contact Customer Relations directly. My colleagues have the possibility to investigate your case and to arrange improvement where improvement is needed in a much better way than we can do this. In case you decide to get in contact with CR, please feel free to use this online form http://f.lh.com/xWPv. My colleagues will get in touch with the involved airport staff and they will give you a detailed feedback.
Jens