Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
M+M Account Name and Name on Ticked

Dear LH Team,

First I did not want to bother you with this incident but I do not get it solved myself.

On 14/8/2012 my wife and I came back from TLV via FRA to AMS in Z.
All miles were credited in time and completely to my Senator account. However, my wife did not receive any miles. Exactly the same happened with our JFK via FRA to AMS flights of 28/3/2012 where I got the credit but not my wife.
Contact with M+M in that case revealed that I had to forward a copy of the passport of my wife as the name on the ticket was not equal to the name of the M+M account of my wife.
After submitting the copy to M+M the JFK miles where credited (incident number 975139).

On the ticket to TLV I used the same name structure as to JFK (Christian name of my wife my last name my wifes last name). This is the usual way in Holland how married couples present themselves.
Of course I first filled in the required form for missing miles and on the M+M account statement appeared that miles could not be credited as they have already been credited. Of course this was nonsense.
On August 31 I reported the missing miles to M+M again (Incident number 1042832).
Furthermore I called the M+M service number as per 30 September 3.000 miles would expire and I wanted to use them. They could not help me and have forwarded too an E mail to the respective M+M Department. Till to day nothing happened.

Question 1) Could you ask M+M to credit the missing miles?
Question 2) How to avoid this re-occurring misery?
Question 3) Could the 3.000 miles that have been expired in the mean time be re-credited for a 2 months period only?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:54 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Terbang
Dear LH Team,

First I did not want to bother you with this incident but I do not get it solved myself.

On 14/8/2012 my wife and I came back from TLV via FRA to AMS in Z.
All miles were credited in time and completely to my Senator account. However, my wife did not receive any miles. Exactly the same happened with our JFK via FRA to AMS flights of 28/3/2012 where I got the credit but not my wife.
Contact with M+M in that case revealed that I had to forward a copy of the passport of my wife as the name on the ticket was not equal to the name of the M+M account of my wife.
After submitting the copy to M+M the JFK miles where credited (incident number 975139).

On the ticket to TLV I used the same name structure as to JFK (Christian name of my wife my last name my wifes last name). This is the usual way in Holland how married couples present themselves.
Of course I first filled in the required form for missing miles and on the M+M account statement appeared that miles could not be credited as they have already been credited. Of course this was nonsense.
On August 31 I reported the missing miles to M+M again (Incident number 1042832).
Furthermore I called the M+M service number as per 30 September 3.000 miles would expire and I wanted to use them. They could not help me and have forwarded too an E mail to the respective M+M Department. Till to day nothing happened.

Question 1) Could you ask M+M to credit the missing miles?
Question 2) How to avoid this re-occurring misery?
Question 3) Could the 3.000 miles that have been expired in the mean time be re-credited for a 2 months period only?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Dear Terbang,
I will contact my colleagues of Miles & More regarding this and get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Best, Fatime
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: LH HON
Dear Team,

I will have a domestic flight in C to MUC with a pick-up by a colleague from the airport about 2 hrs after arrival. Will I be allowed as HON to use the lounge after arrival there? My flight back is two days later.
Thank you very much in advance for your reply.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear GBM.flights, my colleagues from Miles & More have furnished us with the following answer: When award tickets are purchased and the route is eligible to pay the taxes with miles - the amount of 15.000 miles is set as a flat fee. For reduced award fares like companion, child, oneway, etc. or any customer group the same amount (15,000 miles) is applicable. No reduction is possible in these cases. i.e. it is advisable to pay the taxes by credit card when one-way tickets are purchased. Kind regards, Isabell
Thanks for feedback Isabell.
Quite disappointing news and not really not logical IMO, but thanks for the clarification.

GBM
Old Oct 9, 2012, 6:30 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by shipsmail
Dear Team,

I will have a domestic flight in C to MUC with a pick-up by a colleague from the airport about 2 hrs after arrival. Will I be allowed as HON to use the lounge after arrival there? My flight back is two days later.
Thank you very much in advance for your reply.
Dear shipsmail,

as a HON circle member you have access to the MUC First Class Lounge when holding a valid boarding pass for the same day (regardless if you will depart or have arrived). Please bear in mind that this is an exception for the MUC First Class Lounge which doesn't apply to other lounges and/or airports.

Kind regards, Vanessa
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi mamb0 & EBookLover,

We have spoken to the department responsible for implementing the rules that define the op-up list, so this is literally straight from the horses mouth: Status comes first HON before SEN, SEN before FTL, etc. If there e.g. are more HONs than op-ups, then Customer Value factors such as booking class, customer equity etc. will come into effect. Simply put: if there is one op-up, but 2 HONs, then the HON with the higher value at that time will get the op-up.

Michaela
Dear Lurkers,

Status comes first - that is only true within a booking class. Op-Ups used to be handed out by status first but that's no longer true. Lufthansa cut off the lower booking classes first and some time later they decided to replace the 'status-first' principle with 'booking-class first' principle. Op-Ups today go to tickets in J first and then to ticket in C etc. If a status customer is in the booking class, he/she gets priority.

There have been numerous complaints where HON flying in C or D had to last minute take a colleague (SEN) with them who was booked in J - and the colleague got the op-up.

It is also policy now that a booking in J with an upgrade request (and without status) gets priority over the HON requesting a full redemption in O.

While I understand that LH might not want to publish internal policies, your credibility is on the line if you post hearsay. This board has members that are usually extremely well informed and the change in policy some months back triggered quite some discussion in the frequent flyer community.

Best,
SMK77
Old Oct 11, 2012, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by seat 1a
What is customer equity ?
Higher value - in terms of what?
Is this not a valid question?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77
Dear Lurkers,

Status comes first - that is only true within a booking class. Op-Ups used to be handed out by status first but that's no longer true. Lufthansa cut off the lower booking classes first and some time later they decided to replace the 'status-first' principle with 'booking-class first' principle. Op-Ups today go to tickets in J first and then to ticket in C etc. If a status customer is in the booking class, he/she gets priority.

There have been numerous complaints where HON flying in C or D had to last minute take a colleague (SEN) with them who was booked in J - and the colleague got the op-up.

It is also policy now that a booking in J with an upgrade request (and without status) gets priority over the HON requesting a full redemption in O.

While I understand that LH might not want to publish internal policies, your credibility is on the line if you post hearsay. This board has members that are usually extremely well informed and the change in policy some months back triggered quite some discussion in the frequent flyer community.

Best,
SMK77
Looking forward to the answer on this one....
Old Oct 13, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by RooFlyer
Whilst not entirely satisfied with that LH office response, it appears that our friends here can actually grease the LH wheels. So thanks, Fatime !
Luckily Jet Airways allows us to respond directly to an e-mail address, unlike Lufthansa...

Hope LH gets the hint!
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Looking forward to the answer on this one....
No one from LH will answer this tricky question clearly
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:27 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I do not know why. I thought that policies for upgrades are set up to encourage desirable customer behavior. Keeping such policy secret is not rational, IMHO.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:35 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by wazow
I do not know why. I thought that policies for upgrades are set up to encourage desirable customer behavior. Keeping such policy secret is not rational, IMHO.
You hit the nail on it's head. Therefore, the only logical explanations of the recent change in upgrade policy is a certain amount of contempt towards LH's frequent flyers, or -- my personal favorite -- the Excel sheet fallacy: in an Excel sheet less potential revenue is "lost" when upgrading higher booking classes compared with upgrading lower booking classes. Some bonus payments were probably tied to "reducing revenue lost through op-ups" (having in mind mechanisms to avoid overbooking situations) and someone came up with thise scheme...

HTB.

Last edited by htb; Oct 14, 2012 at 2:41 am
Old Oct 14, 2012, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why not?

Would this not be an incentive to purchase higher booking classes thus increasing the Lufthansa group worldwide revenue and more importantly margin1?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:05 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
If this is the case LH should instruct its staff to state in case of questions "Sorry Sir, I am not allowed to answer your question as it is qualified by LH as confidential" or equal words.
It will be very stupid to provide an answer that is misleading or totally wrong. Unfortunately this behaviour will confirm the opinion that one cannot trust airline staff about the sincerity of their information given to their customers.
Where will such behaviour ends as this is taken over and becomes the Company culture of LH.
Is LH staff also allowed to provide their managers with misleading or totally wrong information and vice versa?? Will be a nice environment to work in.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Why not?

Would this not be an incentive to purchase higher booking classes thus increasing the Lufthansa group worldwide revenue and more importantly margin1?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.