FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

sventrax Apr 11, 2014 2:52 am

Where to find booking class info on online cheching

When claiming missing miles he booking class info is required. This info is clearly stated on normal boarding passes but does not seem to be included in whose printed using Online Checking. There is a generic Economy.

Can this info be extracted from the etix number or somewhere else?

TIA

//S

LufthansaGermanAirlines Apr 11, 2014 6:38 am

Originally Posted by sventrax (Post 22686824)
When claiming missing miles he booking class info is required. This info is clearly stated on normal boarding passes but does not seem to be included in whose printed using Online Checking. There is a generic Economy.

Can this info be extracted from the etix number or somewhere else?

TIA

//S

Hi sventrax, the booking class is shown on your etix- coupon aswell as on your passenger receipt.
Vanessa

kasi Apr 12, 2014 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 22687322)
Hi sventrax, the booking class is shown on your etix- coupon aswell as on your passenger receipt.
Vanessa

Hi Vanessa, what is an etix-coupon and where do I get it?

sventrax Apr 13, 2014 5:39 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 22687322)
Vanessa

If you lost the passenger receipt? I've tried using as a class id the big letter printed on top of the online checking print; the request is accepted but the miles never appear in my balance.

Wiht the current value reduction of miles probably it is not even woth bothering

:(

LufthansaGermanAirlines Apr 14, 2014 4:09 am

Originally Posted by kasi (Post 22694144)
Hi Vanessa, what is an etix-coupon and where do I get it?

Originally Posted by sventrax (Post 22696746)
If you lost the passenger receipt? I've tried using as a class id the big letter printed on top of the online checking print; the request is accepted but the miles never appear in my balance.

Wiht the current value reduction of miles probably it is not even woth bothering

:(

Hi kasi, hi sventrax,

an etix-coupon is an electronic coupon for each flight segment on the our data base. It's not available for LH passengers, my apologies, I guess I was too quick to mention it. When calling my colleagues at General Reservations (or your FTL/SEN/HON Service Team) and providing them with your ticket number, they will be able to give you all information regarding your ticket details.

Your Passenger Receipt is available for you here until 90 days after the end of your trip, provided that this receipt has not already been issued previously elsewhere. If you can't retrieve it online anymore, please call our Service Centers, they will send you a copy via email.

In case you still have your original travel confirmation, you'll also find the booking class there.

Vanessa

Loconda Apr 16, 2014 4:03 am

1st leg of Trip operated by 4U - Baggage question

Dear Lufthansa Team,

I realize that this might not be the perfect place to ask questions about a trip
operated in part by Germanwings, but they have so far been unable to fully
answer my questions stated herafter and have instead, for the most part, referred me to Lufthansa.

Background: I booked a ticket through united.com for a trip in August; routing is CGN-LHR-SFO-HNL/LIH-HNL-ORD-FRA-NUE. All flights are on one ticket. The first leg (CGN-LHR) is on 4U.

United provided me with a separate LH confirmation number; however, it only covers the CGN-LHR-SFO and the ORD-FRA-NUE part of the trip.

Now when I enquired with 4U if could check my bags through to HNL, they denied; I then asked them if they could at least check them through to SFO, which they also denied. They then referred me to the LH Hotline where I was
told that I could check my bags through to SFO for sure. However, they could not tell me whether 4U could check the bags through to HNL.

Could you shed some light on this? I know that I'll have to pick up my bags at SFO to clear customs anyway, but since the connection time is only 150 min, having them tagged through so that I may put them on the transfer belt instead of having to completely re-check them again would make things a lot easier.

Thank you

LufthansaGermanAirlines Apr 16, 2014 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Loconda (Post 22712465)
Dear Lufthansa Team,

I realize that this might not be the perfect place to ask questions about a trip
answer my questions stated herafter and have instead, for the most part, referred me to Lufthansa.

Background: I booked a ticket through united.com for a trip in August; routing is CGN-LHR-SFO-HNL/LIH-HNL-ORD-FRA-NUE. All flights are on one ticket. The first leg (CGN-LHR) is on 4U.

United provided me with a separate LH confirmation number; however, it only covers the CGN-LHR-SFO and the ORD-FRA-NUE part of the trip.

Now when I enquired with 4U if could check my bags through to HNL, they denied; I then asked them if they could at least check them through to SFO, which they also denied. They then referred me to the LH Hotline where I was
told that I could check my bags through to SFO for sure. However, they could not tell me whether 4U could check the bags through to HNL.

Could you shed some light on this? I know that I'll have to pick up my bags at SFO to clear customs anyway, but since the connection time is only 150 min, having them tagged through so that I may put them on the transfer belt instead of having to completely re-check them again would make things a lot easier.

Thank you

Hello Loconda,
I really would like to help you. However, we have only information about baggage through check for passengers who are arriving with a Lufthansa flight. This is the reason why can’t provide any information my side for your flight routing. I’m sorry.
Jens

kasi Apr 16, 2014 11:27 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 22713536)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Loconda

Dear Lufthansa Team,

Thank you

Hello Loconda,
I really would like to help you. However, we have only information about baggage through check for passengers who are arriving with a Lufthansa flight. This is the reason why can’t provide any information my side for your flight routing. I’m sorry.
Jens

Dear Jens, as 4U and LH are obviously part of the same company: who is able to answer this non-surprising, standard question?

LufthansaFlyer Apr 16, 2014 11:31 am

Originally Posted by kasi (Post 22714330)
Dear Jens, as 4U and LH are obviously part of the same company: who is able to answer this non-surprising, standard question?

I've sent an email to a contact I have in 4U who I think can help answer this for you.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Apr 17, 2014 5:10 am

Originally Posted by kasi (Post 22714330)

Dear kasi,
two things need to be checked in this case:
Does the airline at the originating airport have the technical abilities to check luggage through to an airport they don't fly to?
Does the airline that physically handles the through-check process allow it, are there any restrictions regarding customs/other airlines/etc.?
Germanwings is a subsidiary company of Lufthansa but is still its own airline that has its own procedures, systems etc., they need to be contacted to answer the first question. United should be able to answer the second.
Vanessa

LufthansaFlyer Apr 17, 2014 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Loconda (Post 22712465)
Dear Lufthansa Team,

Thank you

According to the answer I rec'd from 4U this morning, you will be able to check your bags through to SFO at least - they were unsure about onward to HNL, but if you are on the same carrier to HNL as you were to SFO, then it shouldnt be an issue, you'll just need to claim your bag in SFO for customs and pas it right along to transfer. I'm assuming that you are flying UA from LHR-SFO-HNL. If thats the case there's no reason they can't check through to HNL if they are able to check it to SFO.

Loconda Apr 17, 2014 6:32 am

Thank you very, very much! The SFO-HNL leg is indeed operated by UA as well; good to know that this is possible so that I can specifically ask for it at check-in.

PHLFlyerDL Apr 28, 2014 11:55 am

*A Award ticketed by UAIR prior to March 31st

I have confirmed tickets for a trip in August from PHL-DBV-JFK via FRA. My return flight was confirmed on PHL-JFK due to no award business seats available when this reservation was made but we wish to return to PHL.

I arrive in FRA on OU416 at 10:50AM on Aug 16th. USAir will no longer change these flights. If award seats become available is there a way I can request the change?

Thanks!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Apr 29, 2014 5:52 am

Originally Posted by PHLFlyerDL (Post 22774710)
I have confirmed tickets for a trip in August from PHL-DBV-JFK via FRA. My return flight was confirmed on PHL-JFK due to no award business seats available when this reservation was made but we wish to return to PHL.

I arrive in FRA on OU416 at 10:50AM on Aug 16th. USAir will no longer change these flights. If award seats become available is there a way I can request the change?

Thanks!

Dear PHLFlyerDL,
have you booked your ticket with Miles & More or did you use miles of the US Airways mileage programm? If it's a US Airways ticket, we can't change anything our side because Lufthansa has no access to the ticket in order to process rebookings. In case you hold a Miles & More ticket, all rebookings have to be in accordance with the Miles & More fare conditions. These conditions allow a rebooking against charge but no change of routing, so it wouldn't be possible to change the final destination from JFK to PHL. My colleagues (http://f.lh.com/GKpE) can give you more information about Miles & More tickets.
Jens

PHLFlyerDL Apr 29, 2014 6:25 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 22778614)
Dear PHLFlyerDL,
have you booked your ticket with Miles & More or did you use miles of the US Airways mileage programm? If it's a US Airways ticket, we can't change anything our side because Lufthansa has no access to the ticket in order to process rebookings. In case you hold a Miles & More ticket, all rebookings have to be in accordance with the Miles & More fare conditions. These conditions allow a rebooking against charge but no change of routing, so it wouldn't be possible to change the final destination from JFK to PHL. My colleagues (http://f.lh.com/GKpE) can give you more information about Miles & More tickets.
Jens

Thanks for the update and since I did get the ticket using USAir miles I guess there is not much I can do… USAIr will delete the leg and replace it only with an OneWorld seat.. so guess I will continue to look for one of those.

Any chance getting this change day of flight to EWR if seats are available?