FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

begemot Mar 23, 14 7:23 am

Internet help desk
 
Dear Lufthansa Flyertalk Team,

I tried to book 5 segment trip on-line. It didn't work, I called reservations, they after some time were able to price it but said I needed to call the internet help desk to get a code to waive the booking fee.

As it turns out the first segment was on Germanwings and I had requested business class for the trip, this was confusing the system (and initially the agents). The reservation desk did figure out how to book, but your website cannot in my mind this is a deficit of your online booking system and you ought to wave the booking fee if I have to do it with an agent.

When I called the internet help desk I was told no, this is correct, the system doesn't work always with Germanwings. I was proposed to try to book through Germanwings which can only book OW or RT.

I think what frustrated me the most was the opinion of Ms. K********** who believes that everything is fine and the system not able to book a ticket which a LH agent could was exactly as it should work.

I will now book with an agent. I'd appreciate any help you might in reversing the booking fees.

Thanks,

Begemot.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Mar 24, 14 6:00 am


Originally Posted by begemot (Post 22572228)
Dear Lufthansa Flyertalk Team,

I tried to book 5 segment trip on-line. It didn't work, I called reservations, they after some time were able to price it but said I needed to call the internet help desk to get a code to waive the booking fee.

As it turns out the first segment was on Germanwings and I had requested business class for the trip, this was confusing the system (and initially the agents). The reservation desk did figure out how to book, but your website cannot in my mind this is a deficit of your online booking system and you ought to wave the booking fee if I have to do it with an agent.

When I called the internet help desk I was told no, this is correct, the system doesn't work always with Germanwings. I was proposed to try to book through Germanwings which can only book OW or RT.

I think what frustrated me the most was the opinion of Ms. K********** who believes that everything is fine and the system not able to book a ticket which a LH agent could was exactly as it should work.

I will now book with an agent. I'd appreciate any help you might in reversing the booking fees.

Thanks,

Begemot.

Dear Begemont,
I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please understand that we as the Lufthansa Flyertalk team are not able to waive any booking fees. Only our colleagues at General Reservations are authorized to decide whether the booking fee may be waived in your case. Unfortunately our hands are tied. :-(
Stefanie

pandablood Mar 25, 14 1:46 am

hello,

does LH do price matching? I'm looking at *A flights PVG-HAM in biz and realized TK is offering them for a bit less for the dates I'm interested in. would be willing to go LH and thought I'd ask.

thanks.

gojko88 Mar 25, 14 5:08 am

Definitely not :D

LufthansaGermanAirlines Mar 25, 14 8:53 am


Originally Posted by pandablood (Post 22583004)
hello,

does LH do price matching? I'm looking at *A flights PVG-HAM in biz and realized TK is offering them for a bit less for the dates I'm interested in. would be willing to go LH and thought I'd ask.

thanks.

Dear pandablood,
unfortunately Lufthansa doesn't do price matchings… :-(
Stefanie

pandablood Mar 25, 14 11:27 am

not a problem, thank you for replying.
will always check if there are competitive rates.

maltasr Mar 27, 14 4:17 pm

I'm booked on LH #440 IAH-FRA on April 2 with a return on #441 on April 9. Any chance the current cancellations will affect my travel? I booked this thru United. I'd have to assume they'd find an alternative routing and give me time to consider it I reserved seats on these flights because they use the 380A and to date have not experienced this aircraft. What's your opinion on my chances of a successful trip?

coastalguy Mar 27, 14 6:09 pm

We're in the middle of our vacation and currently in Warsaw until Sunday. (We flew in today from VIE on OS.) We're scheduled to fly on Sunday to ZRH via MUC on LH, but the strike(s) have us concerned as from Zurich we fly onto NRT for the last leg of our vacation. I contacted US Airways through whom we booked the business class award tickets and as I am a *G (US Chairman's member) they referred me to the SEN line at LH who I talked to this evening.

The lady I spoke with at the LH SEN desk was quite short with me and said the strike was "over" and there was "no concern" yet moments later she said if the strike continues to call on the day of travel for protection. We cannot wait until Sunday morning to find out if our flights are affected due to our connecting travel to NRT.

Can you please help rebook on a non-stop from WAW to ZRH, or at least put me in touch with someone who can directly handle the rebooking? (There are seats available on a 09:35 Swiss flight at the moment.)

europeanflyer Mar 30, 14 2:58 pm

Baggage Allowance- staff knowledgw
 
Dear Lufthansa Team,
Just wanted to share a unpleasant experience with a recent check-in at my home airport.
On my long haul flights to the USA normally travel with golf clubs & know very well they are considered part of the allowance , on this occasion checked in just 2pcs flying business (clubs) being one of them & the check-in agent starts asking his colleagues about the clubs & than makes a call , next thing i know he hands me a ticket & asked me to go pay for excess luggage !
I ask to see the manager on duty & after waiting 10 minutes she arrives with the print out of the luggage allowance from the web site and tells me that i am not entitled to have my clubs as part of my allowance , knowing as SEN i have up to 3pcs & the weight allowance (note the bag was 16 kg) i asked her to call the SEN line , i receive a reply , ' i know the rules very well , if you want you call them ' , now this is 5-30am in the morning so my stress levels were up by now & i had to make an international call from my personnel mobile to the SEN line in Germany just for them to confirm that i am correct , after she spoke to them , all i got was a cold reply 'sorry'.
I would expect the station manger to know their product knowledge better & at least treat their regular customers in a more polite manner.
However reading the LH web page again when arriving in FRA , to a non-native english speaker the wording for golf clubs on international flights could be misunderstood , can i propose you review this section and consider adding a foot note or re-wording in a very clear manner that golf clubs are considered part of the baggage allowance up to the kg limit for the class of travel on the highlighted routes.
Thanking you in advance

oliver2002 Apr 1, 14 2:14 pm

Dear Lurkers,
one of the reasons I continue to retain SEN status and earn M&M award miles is the "special SEN WL request" setup, where a SEN can request an I award via a WL when D is still available for sale, which usually clears nearly instantly. To my surprise this tried and trusted method to book the seats I need failed yesterday.

The inventory for sale on the flights I wanted:

Code:

AN10SEPLAXMUC/ALH                                                             
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** MUC MUNICH.DE                162 WE 10SEP 0000 
 1  LH 453  F4 AL J9 C9 D9 Z9 P4 /LAX B MUC 2  1720    1340+1E0/346      11:20
            Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 SL                                       
 2  LH 451  F8 A7 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 /LAX B FRA 1  1915    1500+1E0/74H           
            Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W1 SL                                       
    LH 112  J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y9 B9 /FRA 1 MUC 2  1615+1  1710+1E0/320      12:55
            M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W1 SL

The I class was available for listing and inspite of even low end P being open on the direct flight and the FRA connection it wouldn't clear.

Is this route blacked out? If so, why not close I for WL?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Apr 2, 14 9:05 am


Originally Posted by maltasr (Post 22600259)
I'm booked on LH #440 IAH-FRA on April 2 with a return on #441 on April 9. Any chance the current cancellations will affect my travel? I booked this thru United. I'd have to assume they'd find an alternative routing and give me time to consider it I reserved seats on these flights because they use the 380A and to date have not experienced this aircraft. What's your opinion on my chances of a successful trip?

Dear maltasr,
I am sorry that we haven't had the chance to reply to you earlier. As IAH-FRA has been cancelled for today, I hope that you have been able to rebook your flight already… :-/
Stefanie

LufthansaGermanAirlines Apr 2, 14 9:06 am


Originally Posted by coastalguy (Post 22600898)
We're in the middle of our vacation and currently in Warsaw until Sunday. (We flew in today from VIE on OS.) We're scheduled to fly on Sunday to ZRH via MUC on LH, but the strike(s) have us concerned as from Zurich we fly onto NRT for the last leg of our vacation. I contacted US Airways through whom we booked the business class award tickets and as I am a *G (US Chairman's member) they referred me to the SEN line at LH who I talked to this evening.

The lady I spoke with at the LH SEN desk was quite short with me and said the strike was "over" and there was "no concern" yet moments later she said if the strike continues to call on the day of travel for protection. We cannot wait until Sunday morning to find out if our flights are affected due to our connecting travel to NRT.

Can you please help rebook on a non-stop from WAW to ZRH, or at least put me in touch with someone who can directly handle the rebooking? (There are seats available on a 09:35 Swiss flight at the moment.)

Dear coastalguy,
I am really sorry that we haven't had the chance to reply to you earlier. I hope that finally everything worked out for you?! ;-/
Stefanie

malmostoso Apr 3, 14 12:43 am

Dear LH lurker,

in the Mileage Bargains thread there is a discussion about whether an open jaw award ticket can be booked as MB, if all destinations are MB for a certain period.
In particular, I was looking at Montreal and Chicago from Brussels in August.

BRU-ORD-BRU can be booked for 55k miles in C, as can BRU-YUL-BRU. However, if I try to book BRU-ORD // YUL-BRU, I am quoted 105k miles, of course the correct price for an award ticket to North America.

Can you confirm or officially deny that mileage bargains allow open jaws?

Thank you!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Apr 3, 14 7:40 am


Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 22630230)
Dear Lurkers,
one of the reasons I continue to retain SEN status and earn M&M award miles is the "special SEN WL request" setup, where a SEN can request an I award via a WL when D is still available for sale, which usually clears nearly instantly. To my surprise this tried and trusted method to book the seats I need failed yesterday.

The inventory for sale on the flights I wanted:

Code:

AN10SEPLAXMUC/ALH                                                             
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** MUC MUNICH.DE                162 WE 10SEP 0000 
 1  LH 453  F4 AL J9 C9 D9 Z9 P4 /LAX B MUC 2  1720    1340+1E0/346      11:20
            Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 SL                                       
 2  LH 451  F8 A7 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 /LAX B FRA 1  1915    1500+1E0/74H           
            Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W1 SL                                       
    LH 112  J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y9 B9 /FRA 1 MUC 2  1615+1  1710+1E0/320      12:55
            M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W1 SL

The I class was available for listing and inspite of even low end P being open on the direct flight and the FRA connection it wouldn't clear.

Is this route blacked out? If so, why not close I for WL?

Dear oliver2002,
it´s possible that the difficulties you are experiencing are ocurring in connection with system outages we are facing due to the current strike situation. However, I crosschecked with my colleagues and can confirm that the LH 453 is not excluded from the special SEN WL request. May I kindly suggest you get in touch with the Senator hotline as they can assist you in this matter.
Best regards, Maria

LufthansaGermanAirlines Apr 3, 14 7:41 am


Originally Posted by malmostoso (Post 22639803)
Dear LH lurker,

in the Mileage Bargains thread there is a discussion about whether an open jaw award ticket can be booked as MB, if all destinations are MB for a certain period.
In particular, I was looking at Montreal and Chicago from Brussels in August.

BRU-ORD-BRU can be booked for 55k miles in C, as can BRU-YUL-BRU. However, if I try to book BRU-ORD // YUL-BRU, I am quoted 105k miles, of course the correct price for an award ticket to North America.

Can you confirm or officially deny that mileage bargains allow open jaws?

Thank you!

Dear malmostoso,
why don´t you give my colleagues at the Technical Support a call as they will
be able to answer your query. You may also contact them via email.
Please find all contact details here: http://f.lh.com/WDxp
Regards, Maria


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:41 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.