FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

LufthansaGermanAirlines Feb 21, 14 3:40 am

Originally Posted by quikie (Post 22384059)
Hi Lufthansa,

I am scheduled to fly on Swiss Air on Saturday Feb 22 and on Lufthansa Return Feb 28(booked under one reference code) from JFK to Kiev and Kiev to JFK. With current conditions and killings in the streets along with airport roads being blocked I want to change my ticket however I am not getting any help. Can you please advise?

Hi quikie,

the travel waiver policy for flights to/from Kiev has just been updated today. Tickets issued before/on February 18th can be rebooked or cancelled if any LH, LX, OS or SN flights untill including February 28th. Please call us a call if you're holding a LH ticket or contact Swiss if it's an LX ticket.

Vanessa

AlexNc Feb 23, 14 5:14 pm

Hi Lufthansa,

We have arrived to Mexico with LH 498 on 21-February-2014, and our baggage was delayed. We had connecting flight on separate ticket from Mexico to Tuxtla Gutierrez, therefore could not file PIR at MEX due to short connection.

We have tried to request Lufthansa Mexico Baggage Care to register PIR by sending our details to [email protected] e-mail twice but still have no any answer. Also they hang up calls to their phones. Please help!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Feb 24, 14 6:19 am

Originally Posted by AlexNc (Post 22403906)
Hi Lufthansa,

We have arrived to Mexico with LH 498 on 21-February-2014, and our baggage was delayed. We had connecting flight on separate ticket from Mexico to Tuxtla Gutierrez, therefore could not file PIR at MEX due to short connection.

We have tried to request Lufthansa Mexico Baggage Care to register PIR by sending our details to [email protected] e-mail twice but still have no any answer. Also they hang up calls to their phones. Please help!

Hello AlexNC,
I answered you to your PM.
Jens

trouble_ Feb 26, 14 9:03 am

Original segment stays in reservation after rebooking

Hello Lufthansa!

A while back, I rebooked the first segment of my BRU-FRA-HKG trip to an earlier flight so I can spend the afternoon with a friend who recently moved to Frankfurt rather than run through the airport.

For some reason though, the originally booked BRU-FRA segment is still in the reservation. The FRA-HKG segment looks like it's "connected" to the correct (ie: rebooked) BRU-FRA segment, so that's probably okay ... but the extra segment looks out of place. :)

I called the SEN number about this, but the segment does not seem to want to go away.

Could you please check what's up with this? I sent you the booking reference in a private message.

Many thanks.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Feb 27, 14 2:05 am

Originally Posted by trouble_ (Post 22420817)
Hello Lufthansa!

A while back, I rebooked the first segment of my BRU-FRA-HKG trip to an earlier flight so I can spend the afternoon with a friend who recently moved to Frankfurt rather than run through the airport.

For some reason though, the originally booked BRU-FRA segment is still in the reservation. The FRA-HKG segment looks like it's "connected" to the correct (ie: rebooked) BRU-FRA segment, so that's probably okay ... but the extra segment looks out of place. :)

I called the SEN number about this, but the segment does not seem to want to go away.

Could you please check what's up with this? I sent you the booking reference in a private message.

Many thanks.

Hi trouble_,

I've just replied to your PM.

Vanessa

alpenrose Mar 1, 14 1:38 pm

Hello: We live in MSO and DH frequently needs to get to OSL. How can I get M&M points for the MSO-DEN portion, when LH won't book it for me? We usually have to fly United Express to DEN. Should be easy you say? Well then how do we transfer our M&M points to NZ for flights to AUK?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Mar 3, 14 6:35 am

Originally Posted by alpenrose (Post 22443179)
Hello: We live in MSO and DH frequently needs to get to OSL. How can I get M&M points for the MSO-DEN portion, when LH won't book it for me? We usually have to fly United Express to DEN. Should be easy you say? Well then how do we transfer our M&M points to NZ for flights to AUK?

Hello alpenrose,
Iím not sure if I understand your questions correctly: On your trips from MSO to OSL the miles are not credited automatically on the first section with United Express? Usually this should be possible when you enter your Miles & More number into your booking or when you show your card at the check-in. If the miles are not credited by mistake itís possible to claim them on miles-and-more.com via the online mileage request. Generally itís not possible to transfer miles between different programs. But if you want to book an award using NZ you can do this with Miles & More as well and donít need to transfer miles. I hope this helps.
Jens

Sambabak Mar 3, 14 7:42 am

No answer to registered feedback

Dear Lurker(s),

I was informed by an e-mail from "[email protected]" on January 20, 2014 that my online feedback was registered under FB-ID 22181969 and forwarded to the relevant department for further handling. Since then I have not heard anything from a LH customer service department.

I would be grateful if you could please look into this matter or tell me how I can pursue the issue to get an answer.

Thanks for your attention.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Mar 4, 14 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Sambabak (Post 22452269)
Dear Lurker(s),

I was informed by an e-mail from "[email protected]" on January 20, 2014 that my online feedback was registered under FB-ID 22181969 and forwarded to the relevant department for further handling. Since then I have not heard anything from a LH customer service department.

I would be grateful if you could please look into this matter or tell me how I can pursue the issue to get an answer.

Thanks for your attention.

Dear Sambabak,

thank you for your Feedback-ID and your details. I got in touch Customer Relations and received the information that my colleagues contacted you by email at the end of January with a final answer. As you obviously havenít received this reply I have asked them to send it again.
Jens

Sambabak Mar 4, 14 6:38 am

Thank you very much Jens.

alpenrose Mar 4, 14 3:01 pm

Dear Jens:

Thank you very much that does help. MSO no longer has human beings serving behind counters at the airport. Everything must be done online and I have not been able to get UA express to accept the points. Will try calling the next time.

amrshennawi Mar 6, 14 2:25 pm

I am extremely dissatisfied with the way lufthansa crew at Frankfurt airport handled the case of my sister and my mom. They were flying from Houston, TX to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia via Frankfurt. The counter clerks checked their Saudi Reentry visa here in Houston and they traveled to FRA without any problem. On the gate B20, my sister was denied boarding because the incompetent security people weren't able to locate her visa on their system. They even asked her for her permit (iqama) number even though it is not legal for foreign residents of Saudi Arabia to take their permit outside the country, so my sister had to make an international phone call to her brother in Saudi to get it. Nevertheless, the employee was still not able to locate her visa on the system. The employees on the gate didn't let her board the plane even though she was traveling with Mom and their visas were obtained together and they were able to locate mom's visa. Then they told my sister that she needs to go upstairs to the service center, maybe they can help. Of course they missed the flight, and she spoke to an employee who tried to make some phone calls, but still wasn't able to help. My sister spent 4 straight hours running all over the airport trying to get help and passing by the security check at least 6 or 7 times. She went back to the gate to get the employees names but they were gone. She only remembers that they were all Arab, 2 ladies and a man. She asked the lady who was sitting on the gate to check for their names for her but she refused with a very unfriendly attitude and she told my sister that she needs to rebook and just wait until the flight time and then maybe she will be able to board this time !!! Very unprofessional and rude attitude. my sister went back to the service center and spoke to another employee and he also refused to check who was on charge of this flight and tried to make some phone calls but that didn't help. After about half an hour and by chance, one of the employees, the station manager Jeddah and Kuwait, told him he had the same problem with the passports of his children and himself in KSA; and that they always add a zero before the passport number in the visa. So he was able to locate the visa and printed a document that proves that. But even though my sister's visa was valid and it was totally Lufthansa's and Frankfurt Airport crew's fault that they missed the flight, they told them that they will have to rebook on their own cost !!! She went back to another employee to rebook the flight. He said they have to pay difference for booking another flight. They explained to him that it was not their fault or something they did and missed the flight, but he replied that they still have to pay. He got up and went to speak about it to his supervisor and she insisted that they pay the fees that were around 700 dollars. The new booking was flight number LH 652 at 12:45 p.m. the next day. And even though that was more than 24 hours of layover time, the crew never agreed to give them a 24-hour visa or access to a hotel or a lounge or even any meals and told them to sleep on the airport chairs which were very uncomfortable and the lights were too bright and they couldn't sleep. Most shops were closed at night and they became hungry because they couldn't sleep at night. Even the card the bought for 24 hours of internet use to communicate with us didn't work. Mrs. X denied all their requests for help getting a hotel to spend the night in or selling them visa and didn't offer them any help. Even when my Mom told her that she can't sleep on these chairs, her response was: everyone does that everyday! They didn't even give them a blanket. My sister went to the service center one last time the next day and talked to another employee, and asked her nicely for the names of the employees who denied her boarding but she replied with a very unfriendly and unprofessional attitude that she will not help her. She told her to go ask the information desk, but they also they don't know and the service center should know !! She went back to her and told her that but she still said that she won't help her in a very unprofessional rude way.
My main issue is that this looks like a scam to me. Is lufthansa used to checking people's visa in their origin to make sure they can reach their final destination. And then in Frankfurt check their visa again and claiming that it is not valid? And then have the people pay the rebooking fee and when the flight is the next day not offering them a place for stay or meals?
I request a full refund of the rebooking fees they had to pay + compensation for all their meals and expenses in FRA airport + a compensation for the day they missed at work. I have all the receipts and I can send them to you once you get in touch with me.
Regards

LufthansaGermanAirlines Mar 7, 14 6:17 am

Originally Posted by amrshennawi (Post 22475830)
I am extremely dissatisfied with the way lufthansa crew at Frankfurt airport handled the case of my sister and my mom. They were flying from Houston, TX to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia via Frankfurt. The counter clerks checked their Saudi Reentry visa here in Houston and they traveled to FRA without any problem. On the gate B20, my sister was denied boarding because the incompetent security people weren't able to locate her visa on their system. They even asked her for her permit (iqama) number even though it is not legal for foreign residents of Saudi Arabia to take their permit outside the country, so my sister had to make an international phone call to her brother in Saudi to get it. Nevertheless, the employee was still not able to locate her visa on the system. The employees on the gate didn't let her board the plane even though she was traveling with Mom and their visas were obtained together and they were able to locate mom's visa. Then they told my sister that she needs to go upstairs to the service center, maybe they can help. Of course they missed the flight, and she spoke to an employee who tried to make some phone calls, but still wasn't able to help. My sister spent 4 straight hours running all over the airport trying to get help and passing by the security check at least 6 or 7 times. She went back to the gate to get the employees names but they were gone. She only remembers that they were all Arab, 2 ladies and a man. She asked the lady who was sitting on the gate to check for their names for her but she refused with a very unfriendly attitude and she told my sister that she needs to rebook and just wait until the flight time and then maybe she will be able to board this time !!! Very unprofessional and rude attitude. my sister went back to the service center and spoke to another employee and he also refused to check who was on charge of this flight and tried to make some phone calls but that didn't help. After about half an hour and by chance, one of the employees, the station manager Jeddah and Kuwait, told him he had the same problem with the passports of his children and himself in KSA; and that they always add a zero before the passport number in the visa. So he was able to locate the visa and printed a document that proves that. But even though my sister's visa was valid and it was totally Lufthansa's and Frankfurt Airport crew's fault that they missed the flight, they told them that they will have to rebook on their own cost !!! She went back to another employee to rebook the flight. He said they have to pay difference for booking another flight. They explained to him that it was not their fault or something they did and missed the flight, but he replied that they still have to pay. He got up and went to speak about it to his supervisor and she insisted that they pay the fees that were around 700 dollars. The new booking was flight number LH 652 at 12:45 p.m. the next day. And even though that was more than 24 hours of layover time, the crew never agreed to give them a 24-hour visa or access to a hotel or a lounge or even any meals and told them to sleep on the airport chairs which were very uncomfortable and the lights were too bright and they couldn't sleep. Most shops were closed at night and they became hungry because they couldn't sleep at night. Even the card the bought for 24 hours of internet use to communicate with us didn't work. Mrs. X denied all their requests for help getting a hotel to spend the night in or selling them visa and didn't offer them any help. Even when my Mom told her that she can't sleep on these chairs, her response was: everyone does that everyday! They didn't even give them a blanket. My sister went to the service center one last time the next day and talked to another employee, and asked her nicely for the names of the employees who denied her boarding but she replied with a very unfriendly and unprofessional attitude that she will not help her. She told her to go ask the information desk, but they also they don't know and the service center should know !! She went back to her and told her that but she still said that she won't help her in a very unprofessional rude way.
My main issue is that this looks like a scam to me. Is lufthansa used to checking people's visa in their origin to make sure they can reach their final destination. And then in Frankfurt check their visa again and claiming that it is not valid? And then have the people pay the rebooking fee and when the flight is the next day not offering them a place for stay or meals?
I request a full refund of the rebooking fees they had to pay + compensation for all their meals and expenses in FRA airport + a compensation for the day they missed at work. I have all the receipts and I can send them to you once you get in touch with me.
Regards

Hi amrshennawi,
I'm sorry for the trouble your family faced during their last trip with us, my apologies. I've just replied to your PN.
Vanessa

maarisk Mar 9, 14 8:23 am

New booking engine

Dear Lurkers,

Recently Lufthansa has changed it's online booking engine. It's UI looks nice and some functionality can be accessed more easily than before, but unfortunately at the same time some functionality seems to be broken...

I have an existing booking where I have already flown outbound flight and I need to change my return flight. When I choose rebooking option and select new flight date, there are no flights shown for new date as well as no error messages. While rebooking page is loading I see checkbox "Yes, Change this flight", but it disappears as soon as page is loaded and is replaced by new flight date selection. This behaviour I noticed on OS X Safari as well as on Internet Explorer.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Mar 10, 14 6:51 am

Originally Posted by maarisk (Post 22491171)
Dear Lurkers,

Recently Lufthansa has changed it's online booking engine. It's UI looks nice and some functionality can be accessed more easily than before, but unfortunately at the same time some functionality seems to be broken...

I have an existing booking where I have already flown outbound flight and I need to change my return flight. When I choose rebooking option and select new flight date, there are no flights shown for new date as well as no error messages. While rebooking page is loading I see checkbox "Yes, Change this flight", but it disappears as soon as page is loaded and is replaced by new flight date selection. This behaviour I noticed on OS X Safari as well as on Internet Explorer.

Dear maarisk,
I'm glad to hear that you like the new functionality of our booking engine.
However there are unfortunately some errors on the new homepage. The problem you're describing is already known and my colleagues are working on a solution. If you need to change your reservation, please feel free to contact my colleagues in the Service Centre (http://f.lh.com/XsFN) for assistance.
Jens