Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 5:30 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by citoyennea
Dear Lurkers,

While I understand this thread is for feedback, I have feedback/questions regarding LH mileage credit policy. As I have tried to contact LH customer service numbers and have received no help, I am hoping that you can provide insight or point me in the right direction. I flew LH Frankfurt to Amman under Q booking code, using my United FF number. I received credit promptly for the Frankfurt to Amman leg; however, LH is not releasing credit for the Amman to Frankfurt leg which I took on December 12th. When I contacted United, they told me that LH denied the miles because the flight was unknown. Again, it was the return leg of the flight where I received credit without incident. I faxed to a UA a copy of my boarding pass for LH 693 for 12/12 Q class and a copy of my receipt and ticketed itinerary and I received word from UA that LH denied it again. How can LH not give me full credit when I have provided clear documentation that I flew this leg under a qualifying fare code? I travel about 180 days a year and take LH often and have never had this problem. i contacted Miles & More Frankfurt based office and the office based in USA and no one could provide an answer. They told me to resubmit my documentation to UA. But what more proof can I submit to show I completed the round trip for this flight besides the boarding ticket stub and my receipt? I am scheduled to fly through FRA again this Thursday where I will have a lengthy layover so besides visiting the various Star Alliance Lounges, I would like to know is there somewhere I can go in the airport to physically show my ticket stub and request that the seemingly obstinate powers that be release my mileage credit? This is incredibly frustrating for me because I do fly LH often and have never experienced such issues. Any advice or insight is requested! Thank you in advance. Andrea

Hello Andrea,
I’m sorry to hear that you’re facing some problems regarding the crediting of flights to your account. Of course I would like to help you with your problem, but unfortunately I don’t have any information about the procedures of United Mileage Plus. What I can tell you is the following: If you request flights to be retro-credited on you Miles & More account it’s sufficient to send in your boarding pass and passenger receipt. I assume that it might be similar at Mileage Plus, but I'm not sure. I recommend that you contact again United. Even if it’s a Lufthansa flight which is missing, United is the correct contact to get the miles credited in your Mileage Plus account. I’m sorry that I can’t help you here.
Jens
Old Jan 21, 2014, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Dear LH Team,

I would like to thank you and your US refund team for the great effort done in resolving my refund issue to my full satisfaction.

Great People and Great Airline ^^

Dear NA-Flyer,
that's great to hear. Thanks for acknowledging.
Stefanie
Old Jan 21, 2014, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by LAX888
Hi Vanessa,
If I am on the A346 in C (MUC-GRU) and have a seat in row 3 will I get served last or first when it comes to the food service?
Thanks!

Hello again LAX888,
as per the information received, the service in Business Class on this aircraft type usually commences from row 3. So you should be one of the first passengers in Business Class to get your meal served.
Enjoy your flight.
Jens
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello again LAX888,
as per the information received, the service in Business Class on this aircraft type usually commences from row 3. So you should be one of the first passengers in Business Class to get your meal served.
Enjoy your flight.
Jens
Hallo Jens

Thank you very much for your help on this. Have a good day.
Kind regards,
LAX888
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Question

Hello,

sorry to have to come back again to the codeshare flight - seat assignments with UA today again I was told, that there is no more operating PNR and therefore LH can not assign seats when booked under the UA codeshare flight number!
UA can not assign seats either and points towards LH as the operating carrier...which makes sense...

How can it be that LH is not able to assign seats when there is a booking with the UA codeshare flight#?

Please4 look into that it is very annoying to not be able to get an seat assignment!

Thank you!^
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
Hello,

sorry to have to come back again to the codeshare flight - seat assignments with UA today again I was told, that there is no more operating PNR and therefore LH can not assign seats when booked under the UA codeshare flight number!
UA can not assign seats either and points towards LH as the operating carrier...which makes sense...

How can it be that LH is not able to assign seats when there is a booking with the UA codeshare flight#?

Please4 look into that it is very annoying to not be able to get an seat assignment!

Thank you!^

I am in the same condition, unable to get seat assignment on LH for tickets I booked through United.

Seems I should be able to somehow get a seat assignement?

Cheers,
Jslo
Old Jan 26, 2014, 4:02 am
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
Originally Posted by JSlo
I am in the same condition, unable to get seat assignment on LH for tickets I booked through United.

Seems I should be able to somehow get a seat assignement?

Cheers,
Jslo
Use lot.com to get the seats. It's worked for my recent United booking.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22221993-post17.html
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:40 am

On Wednesday, 22.1.2014, I flew to Frankfurt from Wroclaw at 17:35 by flight operating by Lufthansa LH1373. I was sitting on 7A place, so in the front of the aircraft. Nobody was siting next to me. I was having the 2 pieces of hand luggage, my red trolley and my handbag with: keys to my home and to hostel that I working there were hanging on a orange belt with a logo of Optimus Alive, small black gum pocket with a Viva Lisboa card, lipstick, some coins and red wallet Burberry which have inside: 1000€, 70 zlotys, credit card, debit card, some customers cards, driving license, some coins (polish and euros) and my medication - Hevirozan, vitamin B. Description of handbag: vintage, medium-small size, black, handmade textile, with green-red flowers, golden, metal closing, golden chain to hang on the shoulder. I put my trolley up to the shelf and my handbag was just next to my leg. I never do that, I have always just one piece of luggage but this time as I have so much money in it (which were to buy more medication in Portugal) I spare the luggage and have the handbag with me. I was slipping all the flight (I suffer of seriously illness) and the bag was next to my feet. When we came to Frankfurt, when the aircraft had landed I wore my coat and scarf, wait when quite everybody left the aircraft (I don’t like this stress with going out from the plane), I catch my trolley and left. Forgot my handbag. I remember about it the bus, when we were about to leave to the airport. I ran to looking for help. The guy from Senators Lounge (which was the closest which I saw) told me to go to the gate 22 where is help desk. I ran there. When I came, it was about 15 min when I leave the plane, I told everything the woman at desk. She call the Lost and Founds of Lufthansa. First time and second time nobody answered. The third time she was speaking with woman working in Lost and Founds. She wanted to speak with me. I told her what happened. She ask me what I have inside my bag. I haven’t understand her propely. I told her about the 1000€ and she react very nervously - told that she will send someone immediately to the aircraft. And hang out. I was surprised that she hang out.
I recognized immidiatly that my bag was missing so trustfully i was going directly to the woman on the helping desk in gate 22. I explaind her, that there was a lot of money in my bag. The way, the woman behave, made me misstruss her, so that I now suspect her to steal my bag or working with someone with the cleaning staff. .
The woman on the help desk told me to sit and came again in 20min. I did that. So, when I came back, she said that the woman from Lost and Founds of Lufthansa called her and told that nothing was found. But her collegue was in the aircraft after the cleaning staff. The crew were still on board. The woman from help desk advised me to go to the Board 284 outside, in the airport. I went there. It was 17:55. There were nobody just the phone to call Lost and Found LH. I called 4 times but nobody were answering. The 5th time answered the woman that I was speaking before. She told me that at 18:00 they are picking up the things left in the aircraft so I need to wait about 15 min and call her again. I did that. About time that I supposed to call, there was a coulpe calling to her. They hang up and looking happy, in next moment the woman from Lost and Found Office appeared and gave them their lost passports. Then I asked her about my bag, but she said that she haven’t time to see, and will do that now, said also that she will come back with my bag or not. I was so glad that she wanted to help me. She came back about 18:45 and said that nothing was found. She said also that I can claim the robbery at the police. And can go also to the Fraport. I went there but it was open till 18:00, and I was there at 19:00.
I had a plain at 21:00 to Lisbon, also by Lufthansa, so I went to my gate A50, needed to pass again personal control, stand in line - without taking my medication…

I am asking you to help me find my bag. I can make a reward. I cannot belive that I happened in Lufthansa airlines. I have always trusted in this company. I always felt safe. How could it happened? Are the aircrafts are not safe any more?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
Hello,

Thank you!^

Hello Germanfflyer,
I'm sorry that you're still facing problems with the seat reservation. It seems like some procedures have already changed.
I would like to find out together with my colleagues in the Service Centre if any workaround is existing. May I ask you to send me your booking details via PN and I will try to find a solution.
Thank you
Jens
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by jagienkaszymanska
On Wednesday, 22.1.2014, I flew to Frankfurt from Wroclaw at 17:35 by flight operating by Lufthansa LH1373. I was sitting on 7A place, so in the front of the aircraft. Nobody was siting next to me. I was having the 2 pieces of hand luggage, my red trolley and my handbag with: keys to my home and to hostel that I working there were hanging on a orange belt with a logo of Optimus Alive, small black gum pocket with a Viva Lisboa card, lipstick, some coins and red wallet Burberry which have inside: 1000€, 70 zlotys, credit card, debit card, some customers cards, driving license, some coins (polish and euros) and my medication - Hevirozan, vitamin B. Description of handbag: vintage, medium-small size, black, handmade textile, with green-red flowers, golden, metal closing, golden chain to hang on the shoulder. I put my trolley up to the shelf and my handbag was just next to my leg. I never do that, I have always just one piece of luggage but this time as I have so much money in it (which were to buy more medication in Portugal) I spare the luggage and have the handbag with me. I was slipping all the flight (I suffer of seriously illness) and the bag was next to my feet. When we came to Frankfurt, when the aircraft had landed I wore my coat and scarf, wait when quite everybody left the aircraft (I don’t like this stress with going out from the plane), I catch my trolley and left. Forgot my handbag. I remember about it the bus, when we were about to leave to the airport. I ran to looking for help. The guy from Senators Lounge (which was the closest which I saw) told me to go to the gate 22 where is help desk. I ran there. When I came, it was about 15 min when I leave the plane, I told everything the woman at desk. She call the Lost and Founds of Lufthansa. First time and second time nobody answered. The third time she was speaking with woman working in Lost and Founds. She wanted to speak with me. I told her what happened. She ask me what I have inside my bag. I haven’t understand her propely. I told her about the 1000€ and she react very nervously - told that she will send someone immediately to the aircraft. And hang out. I was surprised that she hang out.
I recognized immidiatly that my bag was missing so trustfully i was going directly to the woman on the helping desk in gate 22. I explaind her, that there was a lot of money in my bag. The way, the woman behave, made me misstruss her, so that I now suspect her to steal my bag or working with someone with the cleaning staff. .
The woman on the help desk told me to sit and came again in 20min. I did that. So, when I came back, she said that the woman from Lost and Founds of Lufthansa called her and told that nothing was found. But her collegue was in the aircraft after the cleaning staff. The crew were still on board. The woman from help desk advised me to go to the Board 284 outside, in the airport. I went there. It was 17:55. There were nobody just the phone to call Lost and Found LH. I called 4 times but nobody were answering. The 5th time answered the woman that I was speaking before. She told me that at 18:00 they are picking up the things left in the aircraft so I need to wait about 15 min and call her again. I did that. About time that I supposed to call, there was a coulpe calling to her. They hang up and looking happy, in next moment the woman from Lost and Found Office appeared and gave them their lost passports. Then I asked her about my bag, but she said that she haven’t time to see, and will do that now, said also that she will come back with my bag or not. I was so glad that she wanted to help me. She came back about 18:45 and said that nothing was found. She said also that I can claim the robbery at the police. And can go also to the Fraport. I went there but it was open till 18:00, and I was there at 19:00.
I had a plain at 21:00 to Lisbon, also by Lufthansa, so I went to my gate A50, needed to pass again personal control, stand in line - without taking my medication…

I am asking you to help me find my bag. I can make a reward. I cannot belive that I happened in Lufthansa airlines. I have always trusted in this company. I always felt safe. How could it happened? Are the aircrafts are not safe any more?

Hi jagienkaszymanska, I'm sorry to hear you forgot your handbag on board of your flight. Unfortunately I can't help from here but feel free to send an email to my colleagues in Frankfurt ([email protected]), maybe your bag has been found by now? Keeping my fingers crossed! /Isabell
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Exclamation

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello Germanfflyer,
I'm sorry that you're still facing problems with the seat reservation. It seems like some procedures have already changed.
I would like to find out together with my colleagues in the Service Centre if any workaround is existing. May I ask you to send me your booking details via PN and I will try to find a solution.
Thank you
Jens

I think LH would need a general solution rather then an help an individual!

But I really appreciate the offer!^

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ode-share.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...hansa-com.html
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
Dear Lurker,
I received from M&M a personal letter on December 16, 2013, signed by Harold Deprosse, in which I was offered the JADE membership of the Shangri-La Hotels loyalty program. I completed the application form and I went personally to the local post office to ensure the mail was correctly stamped for Hong Kong.
We are now one and a halve month later and I did not received any reply. As I want to start using this card for my upcoming trips to KUL and SIN I urgently need the card.
As I received the offer from M&M and do not have any contact details for the Shangri-La loyalty program I would like to ask you to contact the M&M department responsible for issuing the offer so that they can contact their counterpart at Shangri-La Hotels Loyalty Program.

I PM-ed you my personal details.
Is it correct that one cannot enclose documents on FT PM's??
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Terbang
Dear Lurker,
I received from M&M a personal letter on December 16, 2013, signed by Harold Deprosse, in which I was offered the JADE membership of the Shangri-La Hotels loyalty program. I completed the application form and I went personally to the local post office to ensure the mail was correctly stamped for Hong Kong.
We are now one and a halve month later and I did not received any reply. As I want to start using this card for my upcoming trips to KUL and SIN I urgently need the card.
As I received the offer from M&M and do not have any contact details for the Shangri-La loyalty program I would like to ask you to contact the M&M department responsible for issuing the offer so that they can contact their counterpart at Shangri-La Hotels Loyalty Program.

I PM-ed you my personal details.
Is it correct that one cannot enclose documents on FT PM's??

Hello Terbang,

while I do not have all relevant information at hand regarding a JADE Membership with the Shangri-La Hotel Group, I have forwarded the details you provided via PM to my colleagues asking them to supply us with a contact for you.

Best regards,

Isabell

P.S. Yes, it is unfortunately not possible to include attachments in PM's.

Last edited by LufthansaGermanAirlines; Jan 30, 2014 at 8:31 am
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Let me check back with you again. Communicated on 19/09/2013:

More benefits for frequent-flying status customers

From spring 2014 Frequent Travellers, Senators and HON Circle Members will be rewarded for more than achieving and retaining their status. During their status term, dependent on the number of flights they take, they will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of additional benefits and privileges.

Details of how status customers can enjoy these extra benefits will be available from next January.

Any news from Miles&More as to whether there will be any additional benefits? 5 months seems like a sufficient time to make some decisions...
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
Let me check back with you again. Communicated on 19/09/2013:

More benefits for frequent-flying status customers

From spring 2014 Frequent Travellers, Senators and HON Circle Members will be rewarded for more than achieving and retaining their status. During their status term, dependent on the number of flights they take, they will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of additional benefits and privileges.

Details of how status customers can enjoy these extra benefits will be available from next January.

Any news from Miles&More as to whether there will be any additional benefits? 5 months seems like a sufficient time to make some decisions...

Hello SMK77,
within the next two weeks new information will be online on www.milesandmore.com and additionally status customers will be notified in the MyInbox section of their account within this month.
Jens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.