FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

seat 1a Oct 16, 2013 9:33 am

LH now has an app called newslink . When opening the app It asks for user & pw , would be very helpful if it was indicated which user name and pw they are looking for .

danielonn Oct 17, 2013 2:54 pm

For feedback on your flight how about you integrate a Feedback Automated Form on loghaul flights that is linked to the IFE. When landing the screen could say.

"We Thank You For Flying Lufthansa we will soon be arriving at Frankfurt Am Man International Airport. Please click the Survey Button to complete a brief survey on today's flight. After that it will return to the screen where the customer can click"To watch a brief video about arriving into Frankfurt Am Man please click the"FRA Arrivals Video button", The passenger will then be taken to the pre-loaded video.

mamb0 Oct 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn (Post 21625118)
For feedback on your flight how about you integrate a Feedback Automated Form on loghaul flights that is linked to the IFE. When landing the screen could say.

"We Thank You For Flying Lufthansa we will soon be arriving at Frankfurt Am Man International Airport. Please click the Survey Button to complete a brief survey on today's flight. After that it will return to the screen where the customer can click"To watch a brief video about arriving into Frankfurt Am Man please click the"FRA Arrivals Video button", The passenger will then be taken to the pre-loaded video.

A purser told me today that for q3/13 LH was planning to roll out handheld devices for cabin crew to deal with a lot of the on board paper work, including customer relations issues. She expects this to be further delayed because of score..

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 18, 2013 3:50 am

Originally Posted by danielonn (Post 21625118)

Hi danielonn,
thank you for sharing this idea. We will forward this to our colleagues. Who knows -maybe something similar will be implemented soon… ;-)

Stefanie

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 18, 2013 5:41 am

Originally Posted by seat 1a (Post 21617067)
LH now has an app called newslink . When opening the app It asks for user & pw , would be very helpful if it was indicated which user name and pw they are looking for .

Dear seat1a, the "Lufthansa mobile newslink app" is offered exclusively to Lufthansa employees. Due to it providing company-internal information, the app asks for a password and a User ID which only LH employees may provide.

Regards, Maria

seat 1a Oct 18, 2013 5:52 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 21627777)
Dear seat1a, the "Lufthansa mobile newslink app" is offered exclusively to Lufthansa employees. Due to it providing company-internal information, the app asks for a password and a User ID which only LH employees may provide.

Regards, Maria

OK , that would be a good thing to inform about in the AppStore ;)

Jasper2009 Oct 18, 2013 6:00 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 21262749)
Dear oliver2002,

we now have received an answer from the station in YVR:

LH is indeed not part of the ITPCF (International Transfer Pre-Clearance Facility) at YVR. But the reason why it is not part of this scheme is related to Lufthansa´s IT set-up and the requirement of US CBP and US Department of Homeland security to transfer passenger data for vetting purposes and has nothing to do with costs. In fact there is absolutely NO fee involvedfor airlines to become part of ITPCF. The facility is available to all airlines that operated into YVR and have passengers connecting to US destination. It is only a very complicated IT problem coupled with the fact that the current LH DCS can not manage to transfer the required data to US authorities and get necessary approval and clearance to accept the passenger. Thus the reasons for LH not participating in ITPCF at YVR are technical and regulatory.
I hope this information helps. Best regards, Maria

Dear Lurkers,

I was just wondering whether there are any plans to fix the above problem? As mentioned up-thread I find it slightly surprising (and disturbing) that airlines such as Air China manage to forward the required info while LH doesn´t.

Also, am I correct to assume that the same restriction exists for LH pax connecting to the US in YYZ and YUL?

Thanks in advance!:)

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 18, 2013 7:46 am

Originally Posted by seat 1a (Post 21627813)
OK , that would be a good thing to inform about in the AppStore ;)

Thanks for drawing our attention towards this matter. :-)
I already forwarded your feedback to my colleagues for further investigation.
Maria

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 18, 2013 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 21627830)
Dear Lurkers,

I was just wondering whether there are any plans to fix the above problem? As mentioned up-thread I find it slightly surprising (and disturbing) that airlines such as Air China manage to forward the required info while LH doesn´t.

Also, am I correct to assume that the same restriction exists for LH pax connecting to the US in YYZ and YUL?

Hello Jasper2009,

Thanks for your input. I have no information on
this so far, but forwarded your enquiry to the respective colleagues and
will get back to you.

Kind regards, Maria

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 21, 2013 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 21627830)
Dear Lurkers,

Hello Jasper,

I just received feedback from my colleagues at YVR station. They are right now working with US Border and Customs Protection on the issue. However, they are realistic that an easy solution to this will not come about quickly. In the meantime, passengers are always advised by the Lufthansa crew - on board the inbound flight from Frankfurt - about the correct procedure prior to landing in Vancouver.

As for the procedure in YYZ and YUL, Lufthansa takes part in ITPCF according to my colleagues.

Best regards. Maria

Jasper2009 Oct 23, 2013 7:47 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 21641667)
Hello Jasper,

I just received feedback from my colleagues at YVR station. They are right now working with US Border and Customs Protection on the issue. However, they are realistic that an easy solution to this will not come about quickly. In the meantime, passengers are always advised by the Lufthansa crew - on board the inbound flight from Frankfurt - about the correct procedure prior to landing in Vancouver.

As for the procedure in YYZ and YUL, Lufthansa takes part in ITPCF according to my colleagues.

Best regards. Maria

Thanks for the response, Maria!

Great to hear LH is working on a solution for the YVR mess!

I´m slightly surprised the problem doesn´t exist at YYZ and YUL if the problem is related to forwarding data to US customs/immigration, but as long as it works, who am I to ask why/how?;)

demue Oct 29, 2013 1:14 pm

Tue Oct 29 evening at 20;10 and for the last half hour the online check in isn't working. tried different computers and browsers but nothing. Anyone else having similar problems. would be nice if such an essential function could work more reliably.

TRAVELSIG Oct 30, 2013 6:21 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 21689716)
Tue Oct 29 evening at 20;10 and for the last half hour the online check in isn't working.

Since the upgrades to Safari 7 I do notice that if I select "print a boarding pass" the process crashes every time- the workaround is to have the boarding passes sent electronically to passbook- there is not a way to create a proper boarding pass with Safari 7 in my experiences at the moment.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 30, 2013 7:04 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 21689716)
Tue Oct 29 evening at 20;10 and for the last half hour the online check in isn't working. tried different computers and browsers but nothing. Anyone else having similar problems. would be nice if such an essential function could work more reliably.

Dear demue, According to my colleagues, there was no outage
yesterday on the Lufthansa website. Should you once again experience technical difficulties,please do not hesitate to contact the experts at LH.com via telephone http://f.lh.com/kXvb Regards. /Maria

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 30, 2013 7:05 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 21693790)
Since the upgrades to Safari 7 I do notice that if I select "print a boarding pass" the process crashes every time- the workaround is to have the boarding passes sent electronically to passbook- there is not a way to create a proper boarding pass with Safari 7 in my experiences at the moment.

Hello TRAVELSIG,
We are aware of this issue and my colleagues are working on finding a solution. I will, however, gladly forward your feedback.
Regards. /Maria