Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:26 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by mamb0
I can confirm to have received the same information.
Hi mamb0 & EBookLover,

We have spoken to the department responsible for implementing the rules that define the op-up list, so this is literally “straight from the horse’s mouth”: Status comes first – HON before SEN, SEN before FTL, etc. If there e.g. are more HONs than op-ups, then Customer Value factors such as booking class, customer equity etc. will come into effect. Simply put: if there is one op-up, but 2 HONs, then the HON with the higher value at that time will get the op-up.

Michaela
Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:37 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Pay taxes using Miles

Hi LufthansaGermanAirlines team,

Glad to have you around in this 3.0 version.
I have a question regarding Paying taxes using Miles (Intra-Europe)
Your new one-way feature (great to have it online) is charging for a one way the same as a return (15'000 miles).
Will this be corrected?

Thanks in advance
GBM
Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi mamb0 & EBookLover,

We have spoken to the department responsible for implementing the rules that define the op-up list, so this is literally “straight from the horse’s mouth”: Status comes first – HON before SEN, SEN before FTL, etc. If there e.g. are more HONs than op-ups, then Customer Value factors such as booking class, customer equity etc. will come into effect. Simply put: if there is one op-up, but 2 HONs, then the HON with the higher value at that time will get the op-up.

Michaela
I understand this rule, but it is not what has been confirmed by several Flight Managers in FRA and what has been confirmed to me and other HON members in written by the HON Circle service. This is why there are only 2 options:
- you are not really working for LH
- LH wants to communicate something else to public than it is doing in real with its customers.

Or is there now a "but, but, but, but......" story???

Or is there any other option?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
Angry

Hi mamb0 & EBookLover,

Michaela
I must say 'a very clear answer'.
My experience with Airlines is that their staff are good story tellers and often not allowed to tell the truth.
This is a plus for LH^
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Terbang
I must say 'a very clear answer'.
My experience with Airlines is that their staff are good story tellers and often not allowed to tell the truth.
This is a plus for LH^
Yes, indeed. But what if this is not the truth of what is the official procedure for the Flight Managers and also not what is really implemented into the Pictures system? What does it say about LH then?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by GBM.flights
Hi LufthansaGermanAirlines team,

Glad to have you around in this 3.0 version.
I have a question regarding Paying taxes using Miles (Intra-Europe)
Your new one-way feature (great to have it online) is charging for a one way the same as a return (15'000 miles).
Will this be corrected?

Thanks in advance
GBM

Dear GMB.flights,

First of all thank you for welcoming us so warmly - we are glad to be here! I will aks my colleagues at Miles & More about this and get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Thanks for your patience.

Fatime
Old Oct 1, 2012, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman
Dear Michaela, Anna, Elke, Vanessa, Fatime and Isabell,

The most annoying feature of LH and M&M is the black box that is code shares. On the LH website one books flights with explicit mention of "100% mileage earnings". However, this is near customer misleading, since code share flights may go to any booking class known to man. That LH cannot provide customers with this booking class upfront is amazing. Please fix it, so that I see which booking class a codeshare flight will book into.

And don't give us, the "oh, we can't because it's to difficult due to (1) bla, (2) bla, and (3) bla " and also not "you have to call our customer support for that". LH knows the possibilities of internet information exchange does it?

We put men on the moon, this shouldn't be anywhere difficult to provide.

It's simply called good customer service.

Btw, great initiative this 3.0!

Dear FlyinDutchman, I can see the point you are raising and I will forward it to our colleagues at Miles & More and LH.com. I honestly do not know if this issue can be easily resolved, but I am glad you raised it - so thank you for that.

Btw, we are happy to be here ;-).
Best, Fatime
Hi FlyinDutchman, just wanted to inform you that we have received a feedback regarding your hint: They are already working on solving this snag ;-).

Fatime

Last edited by LufthansaGermanAirlines; Oct 1, 2012 at 6:05 am
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
Originally Posted by Fun_Flyer
Yes, indeed. But what if this is not the truth of what is the official procedure for the Flight Managers and also not what is really implemented into the Pictures system? What does it say about LH then?
Fun-Flyer, what you assume will become finally a straight out lie.

Well, for me somebody is innocent till proven guilty. By putting the OpUp procedure on paper and making it public on FlyerTalk LH must be stupide not to tell the truth. One cannot manage a Multi-national Company that is built on lies.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Fun_Flyer
Honestly, what do we expect from a company that is in its "Lufthansa Magazin", which is distributed everywhere, still claiming that "you receive 200% mileage in business class"?? I thought it is a mistake in the September issue but it is even written in German and English in the October issue.

And then they blaim the customer to be too stupid to understand that several classes earn much less than that. They are just not playing the game in a nice way.
Dear Fun Flyer, thank you for pointing this out - I will forward this to my colleagues of 'Lufthansa Magazine'.

Fatime
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:30 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I won’t deny that of course online is more cost-efficient than paper. However, I also have to say that our experience is that with the wide-spread use of Smartphones and WiFi these days, more and more people are giving their feedback electronically – and many times immediately - via the online form, Facebook, Twitter, and not to forget Blogs such as Flyertalk…. But I do see your point about wanting to give feedback right when it happens and not having to wait until you get off the plane. How about typing into your phone or PC on board and then just sending it upon arrival? That way your experience is still “fresh” and we still have a chance of hearing about it. And I can promise you that we DO want to hear what you have to say – otherwise we wouldn’t be here on Flyertalk…..
Thanks for the reply. However, I'm afraid my point didn't come across well. Simply more and more people using online media to give feedback does not back the claim that customers prefer to give online feedback. Some prefer that, some don't. Some prefer one at one time and the other at another time. Pretending to be customer oriented by removing the paper feedback option makes me feel that LH is being dishonest. As each and every time LH is using this marketing speak makes me feel that way about LH.

I feel insulted each time I have to read something like this, statements that presume that the reader won't notice the hypocrisy.

HTB.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Lufthansa not responding to customer's queries

Hello Michaela, Anna, Elke, Vanessa, Fatime and Isabell,

Simple question: when we submit a question to "customer feedback" on your web site (as opposed to a comment), does it actually get read by a human being, and if so, what is a reasonable time for a reply to be expected?

Recently I submitted a query seeking some information regarding a complaint (no need to go into details). I received an automated reply with a 'FB-ID' number and the statement "Our Customer Feedback Management team will contact you shortly in this matter". However, 3 weeks later I have heard nothing (??"shortly"??). A follow-up e-mail to the reply met with the same dead pan response.

Frustrated by the lack of respone I attempted to telephone, but found no-one across 2 continents able to take a query, only reservations etc. Eventually after much time and phone cost, I did find some-one who supplied the information. I've heard nothing back in respect to this core issue either.

Does Lufthansa take any notice at all of when its customers write to it? Or do we have to complain again, again and again to get the airline's attention?

Thanks & regards
Old Oct 1, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Hi FlyinDutchman, just wanted to inform you that we have received a feedback regarding your hint: They are already working on solving this snag ;-).

Fatime
Dear Fatime,
I'm anxiously awaiting the outcome!
Nice to have you around here! ^
Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by htb
Thanks for the reply. However, I'm afraid my point didn't come across well. Simply more and more people using online media to give feedback does not back the claim that customers prefer to give online feedback. Some prefer that, some don't. Some prefer one at one time and the other at another time. Pretending to be customer oriented by removing the paper feedback option makes me feel that LH is being dishonest. As each and every time LH is using this marketing speak makes me feel that way about LH.

I feel insulted each time I have to read something like this, statements that presume that the reader won't notice the hypocrisy.

HTB.
Couldn't have said it better, I fully agree with the above.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:14 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
How long does it take to get the reclaimed miles on my account ?

The only answer I got back was following:

Sehr geehrter Herr szg,

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mails.

Gerne haben wir Ihre Flugdaten vom XX. und XX. September 2012 für Sie aufgenommen. Nach erfolgter Prüfung informieren wir Sie mehrere Monate rückwirkend auf Ihren Meilenkonten unter www.miles-and-more.com.

Can you explain me the last sentence ?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:11 am

customer equity -, then the HON with the higher value
What is customer equity ?
Higher value - in terms of what?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.