FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

SuperFlyBoy Oct 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 19500370)
I hope Lufthansa gets the right message here: we are not a bunch of US flyers who expect to be upgraded no matter what. We are fine with the LH policy that upgrades are only given when flights are overbooked. All we would like is when those limited upgrades are given status customers are considered first as a recognition of their loyalty.

Exactly! ^

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 16, 2012 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Marr3wk (Post 19492731)
Dear Lurkers,

I have been unable to get a clear answer/solution from the official support, so I will just try here:

There are supposed to be mileage bargain awards from Prague to Warsaw (and other Polish cities) with LOT for 10,000 miles. I am unable to find ANY discounted flights in the promotional period and also I am unable to find ANY direct flights at all (which is even weirder) - only flights via Germany or Austria.

I have been told from customer support, that availability is limited, but there should, however, be seats for PRG-WAW on December 14 and back December 16 or 17. I cannot see these seats at all.

I have uploaded screenshots of what I see in the system:

http://prntscr.com/h8j2z and http://prntscr.com/h8j5j

The customer support is however apparently unable to open these and wants me to call... There is no way to attach the screenshots directly in the online form. I hope you are capable of opening a link...

I have checked and I can for example see plenty of mileage bargains on route PRG-BRU with Brussels Airlines.

Thanks!

Dear Marr3wk, I have checked a few dates for the routing that you are wanting to book and was not able to get any availability shown - at the same time I am unable to access any availabilty of seats that may have been in the system previously (yesterday or earlier even). In order to find out whether the allocation for the mileage bargain is indeed already sold out on the mileage bargain special or whether there is another reason, I will contact my colleagues from Miles & More. Kind regards, Isabell

dromack Oct 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 19414980)
Hi mamb0 & EBookLover,

Status comes first – HON before SEN, SEN before FTL, etc. If there e.g. are more HONs than op-ups, then Customer Value factors such as booking class, customer equity etc. will come into effect. Simply put: if there is one op-up, but 2 HONs, then the HON with the higher value at that time will get the op-up.

Michaela

My yestardays flight WAW-MUC: FTL passenger before me in the queue (booking class W), and I behind him in the queue and economy T.
How do you think, who got the "red beeeep" and upgrade to C? ;)

SMK77 Oct 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by dromack (Post 19508512)
My yestardays flight WAW-MUC: FTL passenger before me in the queue (booking class W), and I behind him in the queue and economy T.
How do you think, who got the "red beeeep" and upgrade to C? ;)

None of you should have gotten the upgrade.

Another details the lurkers won't share is that booking classes below Q, namely S, V, W, E, K, L, T are nowadays excluded from op-ups despite earning miles.

The upgrade should have gone to someone flying in Q or higher, even if that person had no status. Pax in S, V, W, E, K, L, T will not be considered by the system for the upgrade list used by ground staff even if they are HON.

SuperFlyBoy Oct 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77 (Post 19508771)
None of you should have gotten the upgrade.

Another details the lurkers won't share is that booking classes below Q, namely S, V, W, E, K, L, T are nowadays excluded from op-ups despite earning miles.

The upgrade should have gone to someone flying in Q or higher, even if that person had no status. Pax in S, V, W, E, K, L, T will not be considered by the system for the upgrade list used by ground staff even if they are HON.

Maybe the FM's are trying to override the system to make sure status customers are kept happy?

It sounds far-fetched, but...!

Another option - LH is realizing the folly of its ways now?? :cool:

SK2751 Oct 17, 2012 1:29 am

Are this LH staff handling boarding in WAW, or is it LO staff? (this could also have some bearing -- LO is not an LH subsidiary).

sentom Oct 17, 2012 4:44 am

Originally Posted by SMK77 (Post 19508771)

since i had several op-up from said classes in the last few months i have my doubts...

NA-Flyer Oct 17, 2012 8:15 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 19500370)
I hope Lufthansa gets the right message here: we are not a bunch of US flyers who expect to be upgraded no matter what.

Com'n there is no need for stereotyping in such discussion :eek:

SMK77 Oct 17, 2012 8:33 am

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 19511660)
since i had several op-up from said classes in the last few months i have my doubts...

On German/European or international routes? And then: what booking classes. There are the cheap but full miles earning booking classes and the cheaper reduced miles earning booking classes.

On international routes, everything below Q is an exception as per current rules.

sentom Oct 17, 2012 9:31 am

Originally Posted by SMK77 (Post 19512651)
On German/European or international routes? And then: what booking classes. There are the cheap but full miles earning booking classes and the cheaper reduced miles earning booking classes.

On international routes, everything below Q is an exception as per current rules.

intra european routes, from cheapest class upwards, even X. longhaul i only fly C/F...

totti Oct 17, 2012 3:12 pm

Dear fellow FTers,

This is a friendly reminder to the rules of the LH lurker thread (to be found in the first post of this thread). This thread is for questions to be answered by and to give feedback to LufthansaGermanAirlines. It is not meant for discussions among FTers, though. If you want to discuss a certain topic or want to get some additional feedback from the FT community, please feel free to open a separate thread.

Posts, that do not comply with the LH lurker thread rules may be deleted.

Kind regards,

totti
Moderator M&M forum

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 18, 2012 5:33 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 19504843)
Dear Marr3wk, I have checked a few dates for the routing that you are wanting to book and was not able to get any availability shown - at the same time I am unable to access any availabilty of seats that may have been in the system previously (yesterday or earlier even). In order to find out whether the allocation for the mileage bargain is indeed already sold out on the mileage bargain special or whether there is another reason, I will contact my colleagues from Miles & More. Kind regards, Isabell

Dear Marr3wk, I have received the following interim reply from my colleagues that there seems to be a problem with the Mileage bargain alltogether. As soon as I have more information, I will let you know. Best regards, Isabell

NA-Flyer Oct 18, 2012 5:41 am

Originally Posted by totti (Post 19515259)
though. If you want to discuss a certain topic or want to get some additional feedback from the FT community, please feel free to open a separate thread.

A very gentle and kind reminder totti ^

Marr3wk Oct 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 19518521)
Dear Marr3wk, I have received the following interim reply from my colleagues that there seems to be a problem with the Mileage bargain alltogether. As soon as I have more information, I will let you know. Best regards, Isabell

That's what I thought. ;) I hope it gets resolved swiftly.

FollowTheSun Oct 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Dear Lurkers,
I wondered when your A380s will get equipped with the new business class seats? Is this going to happen this winter? I think it is a shame that the A380s have been equipped with the outdated C product, but hope that they will get the new seats soon. Hope you have positive news for me!
Best regards!

LowEnd Oct 19, 2012 1:35 am

FollowTheSun, you can find all the relevant info on the C retrofit in this thread. Work will begin next year and it looks like all the A388 are set to be retrofitted by the end of 2014.

FollowTheSun Oct 19, 2012 1:40 am

Originally Posted by LowEnd (Post 19524238)
FollowTheSun, you can find all the relevant info on the C retrofit in this thread. Work will begin next year and it looks like all the A388 are set to be retrofitted by the end of 2014.

I know all rumours, but am interested in Lufthansa's official answer.
That's why I asked here and why I am still interested in what the lurkers say about this topic.

YuropFlyer Oct 19, 2012 1:57 am

Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines, I've reserved seats on my upcoming flight (Seats only available to SEN/HON) - as this is the first time I'm flying longhaul Economy as SEN, the seat reservation does make quite sense (exit row) rather than when I was just a FTL or flying Business, where the difference in what's available is lesser and I never cared about it much. Aisle is aisle..

So, now my question is, I reserved a very good exit row seat, is there a "deadline" I need to be checked in on flight day, before it gets automatically "free" for other pax, or is the seat available for me till the very last minute of checkin time?

I might not be able to online checkin that day (but if you tell me I should to make sure I keep my seat, I might be able to have it arranged), and will reach the airport probably quite tight (still ok for checkin deadline - but only by about 20 minutes) - I most certainly don't want to lose my seat and be placed in the last row middle seat for a 12 hours flight.. Thank you :)

nrjanga Oct 19, 2012 2:37 am

Dear Lurker,

Could I get please get some clarification on what baggage rules apply in the following situation:

* Itinerary is AUS->IAH->FRA->BLR->FRA->IAH->AUS
* All flights are UA code shared, IAH->FRA->BLR both ways is operated by Lufthansa
* Ticket bought from United and first flight of departure is on United
* Most significant carrier is LH and for the return journey first operating carrier is Lufthansa.
* Last segment of return journey is on United within USA

I am a 1K member with United and hence *G as well.

United says I am allowed to check in 3 bags by virtue of 1K membership and according to US dot the marketing operator's rules apply, which is United

Lufthansa says since it is UA ticket and LH operated I am allowed only one bag to check in and by virtue of *G I can take two bags but not 3 as United says.

United is firm and said I should be entitled to 3 bags and this will be taken care of when i go to checkin at Lufthansa counter.

I am still apprehensive on what Lufthansa will do when I go to their counter in BLR for checking in.

Could you please shed some light on this situation and clarify what I am really entitled per checkin baggage is concerned? Many thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

SuperFlyBoy Oct 19, 2012 2:42 am

Originally Posted by nrjanga (Post 19524386)
United says I am allowed to check in 3 bags by virtue of 1K membership and according to US dot the marketing operator's rules apply, which is United

Lufthansa says since it is UA ticket and LH operated I am allowed only one bag to check in and by virtue of *G I can take two bags but not 3 as United says.

United is firm and said I should be entitled to 3 bags and this will be taken care of when i go to checkin at Lufthansa counter.

I gather you are booked in economy, as per your statements.

First sector to be flown is on United, and they (UA) will follow their baggage rules. So you will probably get 3 x 50 lbs. (23 kgs.?) Your suitcases will automatically be transferred onto the following sectors to India.

On the way back, LH will probably follow their rules at BLR. Used to allow 2 x 23 kgs in Y, but now changed back to 1 x 23 kgs, last I checked. (one extra for *G?) See LH baggage rules here: http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...000267#ancAbT0

nrjanga Oct 19, 2012 2:51 am

Thanks SuperFlyboy!!

I am sorry, should have clarified, I have already done the outbound and was able to check in 3 bags with no issues.

Now the question I have is for the return journey from BLR to AUS.

The current exemption policy from/to USA and India seems to be 2 bags in Economy: http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...en&cid=1000267

If this is the standard then I was hoping with *G I will get 3 bags.

However Lufthansa is arguing this is only applicable if all my flights were on Lufthansa and ticketed as Lufthansa stock. :(

Since these are United flights, they say they can only let me checkin 1 bag @ 23kg before the *g allowance

SuperFlyBoy Oct 19, 2012 3:15 am

Originally Posted by nrjanga (Post 19524419)
Thanks SuperFlyboy!!

I am sorry, should have clarified, I have already done the outbound and was able to check in 3 bags with no issues.

Now the question I have is for the return journey from BLR to AUS.

The current exemption policy from/to USA and India seems to be 2 bags in Economy: http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...en&cid=1000267

If this is the standard then I was hoping with *G I will get 3 bags.

However Lufthansa is arguing this is only applicable if all my flights were on Lufthansa and ticketed as Lufthansa stock. :(

Since these are United flights, they say they can only let me checkin 1 bag @ 23kg before the *g allowance

That is the official "line".

It depends on the station and the check-in agent.

Nobody really looks at ticket stock to enforce rules, but who knows what LH is dictating to their representatives nowadays...

If you were flying ex-BOM, I could have taken at least 2 suitcases for you...I usually am bringing back a lot ex-USA...

nrjanga Oct 19, 2012 3:16 am

BTW, when I login to United site and pull up my booking, it is showing that my baggage allowance from BLR -> AUS is 3 bags @ 70 pounds. Sigh...

Flight number from BLR -> FRA is UA8897, I guess this makes UA the originating marketing carrier or am I mistaken?

SuperFlyBoy Oct 19, 2012 3:19 am

Originally Posted by nrjanga (Post 19524476)
BTW, when I login to United site and pull up my booking, it is showing that my baggage allowance from BLR -> AUS is 3 bags @ 70 pounds. Sigh...

Flight number from BLR -> FRA is UA8897, I guess this makes UA the originating marketing carrier or am I mistaken?

I would print that out to show them in BLR, if you really want that allowance...not sure it will be honored by LH BLR though...

Note that you are a 1K on UA, and LH tends to respect that status more than their own elites! I know for a fact that LH knows that a substantial number of 1K's fly on LH very often, and they want them to keep coming back...

nrjanga Oct 19, 2012 3:20 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 19524474)
That is the official "line".

It depends on the station and the check-in agent.

Nobody really looks at ticket stock to enforce rules, but who knows what LH is dictating to their representatives nowadays...

If you were flying ex-BOM, I could have taken at least 2 suitcases for you...I usually am bringing back a lot ex-USA...

Thanks for the offer, I will remember it for the next time. :)

I guess I will take my chances at the airport tonight and worst case I can ship the excess back to my folks here in India. Thanks again.

I will take the printout with what United thinks my allowance should be, not sure if Lufthansa will give a care.

Terbang Oct 19, 2012 3:23 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 19456248)
Dear Terbang,
I will contact my colleagues of Miles & More regarding this and get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Best, Fatime

Dear LH Team,

On October 8 you wrote the above.
We are now October 19 and I have not heard anything yet. I thought my case is not that difficult. At least it does not require rocket science, does it??
Can you tell me the status?? More miles of my wife are expiring at the end of this year.

SuperFlyBoy Oct 19, 2012 3:32 am

Originally Posted by nrjanga (Post 19524489)
Thanks for the offer, I will remember it for the next time. :)

I guess I will take my chances at the airport tonight and worst case I can ship the excess back to my folks here in India. Thanks again.

I will take the printout with what United thinks my allowance should be, not sure if Lufthansa will give a care.

United should give you the the 3 x 32 kgs - this is why you bought a ticket from them, right??

nrjanga Oct 19, 2012 3:59 am

Yes that is what United is showing, but I will be happy if LH lets me do 3 x 23kg. :)

Ticket was bought through my travel agency, it is probably cheaper with United codeshare flights. I could check if they can change it to LH stock, if that makes a difference.

oliver2002 Oct 19, 2012 5:00 am

Ladies & Gentlemen,
another reminder not to discuss topics in the Lurker thread. See post #1 for guidelines on how to post/use this thread.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum

FlyinDutchman Oct 19, 2012 6:43 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 19524746)
Ladies & Gentle,
another reminder not to discuss topics in the Lurker thread. See post #1 for guidelines on how to post/use this thread.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum

Is that a way to keep the thread boring so that nobody will read it? ;)

I also have not heard any further progress on the topic of code sharing. Last I heard, substantial progress was made.... The question still is: what will happen first? LH putting forward the codeshare booking class during booking or landing a man on the Mars? IMHO the second is more likely :)

UM78 Oct 19, 2012 8:00 am

Dear Lurkers,

i am trying to understand if flight to/from CMN are suspended or not. And if yes, if it is temporary or not.
The website is requiring to reserve only by phone but the operators can't do it.
Regards

nrjanga Oct 19, 2012 1:48 pm

My apologies that a lurker clarification turned into a discussion. Anyway just checked in and they took my 3 bags @ 23kg each no questions asked.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 22, 2012 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Terbang (Post 19524506)
Dear LH Team,

On October 8 you wrote the above.
We are now October 19 and I have not heard anything yet. I thought my case is not that difficult. At least it does not require rocket science, does it??
Can you tell me the status?? More miles of my wife are expiring at the end of this year.

Dear Terbang, I'm sorry to hear that Miles & More haven't contacted you yet. However, after sending an urgent reminder I have just received the information that the name of the account of Mrs. Firstname Lastname was corrected and a new card with the same number is ordered. The expired miles and the miles for the recent flights are now credited. Please feel free to double check and contact us again if you have further questions regarding this.

Fatime

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 22, 2012 4:02 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer (Post 19524287)
Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines, I've reserved seats on my upcoming flight (Seats only available to SEN/HON) - as this is the first time I'm flying longhaul Economy as SEN, the seat reservation does make quite sense (exit row) rather than when I was just a FTL or flying Business, where the difference in what's available is lesser and I never cared about it much. Aisle is aisle..

So, now my question is, I reserved a very good exit row seat, is there a "deadline" I need to be checked in on flight day, before it gets automatically "free" for other pax, or is the seat available for me till the very last minute of checkin time?

I might not be able to online checkin that day (but if you tell me I should to make sure I keep my seat, I might be able to have it arranged), and will reach the airport probably quite tight (still ok for checkin deadline - but only by about 20 minutes) - I most certainly don't want to lose my seat and be placed in the last row middle seat for a 12 hours flight.. Thank you :)

Dear YuropFlyer, as a SEN you are entitled to reserve an Emergency Exit seat, please bear in mind however, that no seat reservation is guaranteed – changes can be made in exceptional cases by the check-in staff at the airport if deemed necessary. I therefore recommend that you have your check-in arranged 23 hours prior to departure. I hope the information is useful, Isabell

Terbang Oct 22, 2012 7:07 am

Thanks

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 19541241)
Dear Terbang, I'm sorry to hear that Miles & More haven't contacted you yet. However, after sending an urgent reminder I have just received the information that the name of the account of Mrs. Firstname Lastname was corrected and a new card with the same number is ordered. The expired miles and the miles for the recent flights are now credited. Please feel free to double check and contact us again if you have further questions regarding this.

Fatime

Dear Fatime,

Indeed the actions you described have been executed. Thank you very much for your help.
The only thing pending now is the crediting of the myChoice miles of 4 x 2.000 miles. I presume this might require some time as the LH computer run for myChoice is not done daily.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 22, 2012 7:24 am

Originally Posted by UM78 (Post 19525447)
Dear Lurkers,

i am trying to understand if flight to/from CMN are suspended or not. And if yes, if it is temporary or not.
The website is requiring to reserve only by phone but the operators can't do it.
Regards

Dear UM78,
Flights to/from CMN are not operated during the winter schedule. With the start of the summer schedule (March, 22nd 2013) Lufthansa will resume the direct flight FRA-CMN v.v. Therefore it is not possible to book or reserve any flights to CMN until March 22nd, of course you can do so for all later flights. Kind regards, Vanessa

GBM.flights Oct 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi LufthansaGermanAirlines team,

One questions on online bookings for Star Alliance in general.
Can we expect soon new partners (beyond the M&M integrated partners) to be bookable online?

IMO this would be a fantastic improvement (Avianca managed, since day 1 of Star alliance, to have quite a lot of online partners so I guess it's a question of priorities)

Thanks in advance
GBM

SAN 1K Oct 23, 2012 12:15 am

Dear LH Lurkers,
Thanks to LH for another excellent in-flight first-class experience, this time from FRA (new z gate) to IAH on the 380. My first 380 first-class trip and everything on board was wonderful. The problems were before and after the flight.
As to the before issue, boarding at the new Z gate was a mess. After a very long walk from the lounge, I experienced a huge aggressive crowd at the gate. There were no stanchions or other devices to provide a separated area for premium boarding. How could that be in a brand new terminal?
As to the after issue, the checked bag delivery at IAH was most problematic. The staff delivered all the IAH destination bags first, premium and non-premium. Then finally started the connecting passenger bags. This makes no sense, as connecting passengers are inherently in a rush. But the staff at the baggage area told me that it is always done this way! I made my connection with much stress. But many others were not as fortunate.
Feel free to PM me if you need more detail.
Thanks.

ded0r Oct 23, 2012 2:40 am

Dear LH Lurkers,

first of all thank you for your efforts in establishing and maintaining this channel of direct communication. As far as I have seen you have been able to resolve quite a few issues of other users.

Two weeks ago, I came back from MEX to FRA via IAH on LH441 arriving on October 7. My baggage got stuck in IAH and I did not receive it until October 10. Unfortunately in the meantime I was required to buy clothes and toiletries.
As per the rules I know that I am untitled to 50% of reimbursement for clothes and 100% for necessary toiletry items. The remaining 50% will be covered by my coporate insurance. However, they have asked me to send the original receipts otherwise they will not be able to reimburse me. Thus, I have asked LH if it is possible to send the copies only or signing a binding letter that I agree to not file any other reimbursement claims with these receipts. I have heard that LH used this procedure in similar cases.

I've contacted LH via email (Feedback ID 21732538), but have not received an answer so far. The reason why I am forwarding this to you is that my insurance gave me a deadline to file the claim which is due on October 30.

I would appreciate if you could look into my case.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 23, 2012 6:53 am

Originally Posted by GBM.flights (Post 19544016)
Hi LufthansaGermanAirlines team,

One questions on online bookings for Star Alliance in general.
Can we expect soon new partners (beyond the M&M integrated partners) to be bookable online?

IMO this would be a fantastic improvement (Avianca managed, since day 1 of Star alliance, to have quite a lot of online partners so I guess it's a question of priorities)

Thanks in advance
GBM

Dear GBM, I will contact my colleagues of LH.COM Websupport regarding this. I am not sure if there are already plans, but let's point this wish out at least!

Fatime