Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2013, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Thanks berlinflyer83.

Could you kindly send us a list of all lounges where you experienced such reactions via DM? We would really like to forward this to the respective department.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Stefanie
Hi Stefanie,

For Lufthansa, FRA (the one near the A-gates) and TXL lounges have both asked for the card, although neither one consistently.

Not sure if you have any insight into SWISS lounges, but GVA Business lounge also asks and even has a sign that says "Please show ticket and frequent flyer card." Although the GVA SEN lounge let me in no problem last time (I've only tried once).
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
Trouble with local flight catering company

Dear Lurker,

I recently returned from India from my annual business trip same as the last 10 times.

The last 2 times that I have flown back (DEL-FRA) i got a bit of a delhi belly. The first instance I put it down to India being India and all that. But this time it was other passengers that had the exact same symptoms that make me wonder if there could be a hygiene issue at the local airline catering company that requires LH to have a look into.

several of us who travelled through India together came down with a severe stomach irritant. 2 flew on Saturday and on Tuesday were out of commission for 3 days and I flew on Sunday and was out on Wednesday. We all flew Y, and none of us have had problems with food in the past.

Maybe you can pass this on to the appropriate people.

Many Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:09 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by nswat
Dear Lurker,

I recently returned from India from my annual business trip same as the last 10 times.

The last 2 times that I have flown back (DEL-FRA) i got a bit of a delhi belly. The first instance I put it down to India being India and all that. But this time it was other passengers that had the exact same symptoms that make me wonder if there could be a hygiene issue at the local airline catering company that requires LH to have a look into.

several of us who travelled through India together came down with a severe stomach irritant. 2 flew on Saturday and on Tuesday were out of commission for 3 days and I flew on Sunday and was out on Wednesday. We all flew Y, and none of us have had problems with food in the past.

Maybe you can pass this on to the appropriate people.

Many Thanks

Dear nswat,

I'm truly sorry to hear what has happened! Would you like to send me more details like your contact information and flight dates via PM? I will forward your feedback to the responsible departments!

Kind regards,
Vanessa
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:44 am

Dear Lurker,

having been absent from this board for some time, i must have missed this thread. Could i ask for your opinion in a matter that i posted in a separate thread? It deals with the Award Booking Guarantee for Hons.
Brgds,
yapak2

P.S.: Apologies to all the frequent posters who are tempted to start some sort of shitstorm about double posting....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ee-denied.html
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by yapak2
Dear Lurker,

having been absent from this board for some time, i must have missed this thread. Could i ask for your opinion in a matter that i posted in a separate thread? It deals with the Award Booking Guarantee for Hons.
Brgds,
yapak2

P.S.: Apologies to all the frequent posters who are tempted to start some sort of shitstorm about double posting....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ee-denied.html

Dear yapak2, we will gladly assist in any inquiries you have! Would you mind letting us know what kind of information you exactly need regarding the Award Booking Guarantee for HON's?

Fatime
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:30 am

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Dear Fatime
What if any are the conditions surrounding the guarantee for Award bookings.
I am outside the 14 days Window and seats are available in y and b class but i am not getting a confirmation. Flight is Operated and Marketend by OS

Thx,
Yapak2
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:50 am

Dear Fatime
What if any are the conditions surrounding the guarantee for Award bookings.
I am outside the 14 days Window and seats are available in y and b class but i am not getting a confirmation. Flight is Operated and Marketend by OS

Thx,
Yapak2
Dear yapak2,
as long as seats in your desired service class (Economy or Business) are available, the HON Circle member (and 3 companions) may receive confirmation of seating, depending on load capacities. However no specific booking class (e.g. Y/B) needs to be available.
Please note that the availability shown in the system might not be the actual number of free seats left in a compartment.
Some flights also may be excluded from the preferred award booking due to critical booking situation. My colleagues from the Hon Circle Service will be able to check if a specific flight might be excluded.
Hope this helps!
Vanessa
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:10 am

Dear yapak2,
as long as seats in your desired service class (Economy or Business) are available, the HON Circle member (and 3 companions) may receive confirmation of seating, depending on load capacities. However no specific booking class (e.g. Y/B) needs to be available.
Please note that the availability shown in the system might not be the actual number of free seats left in a compartment.
Some flights also may be excluded from the preferred award booking due to critical booking situation. My colleagues from the Hon Circle Service will be able to check if a specific flight might be excluded.
Hope this helps!
Vanessa
Hi Vanessa, i am sorted, thanks. All is well, that ends well.
Having said that, i think it would be very helpful, if the "fine print" was available publicly. As you can imagine the level of frustration can be enormous, when the obvious all of a sudden is not so obvious.
Throw in some strange excuses from call center agents and you create customer sat levels that are not quite what one would strive for.

yapak2
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:07 am
Original Member

Fuel Surcharge

I'm sorry if this issue was already covered in a previous post.

In any case, the question is why does Lufthansa charges a fuel surcharge on flights which originally do not require a fuel surcharge?

For example, if I issue a ticket on United Airlines flight using United Airlines Miles through the UA site, I'm not charged with Fuel Surcharge.

If I try to book exactly the same UA fligth, using LH Miles through LH site, I'm charged with the Fuel Surcharge. Exactly the same flight.

Now, this get's more ridiculous: if I book a LH flight, using LH Milies through LH site, I'm charged with the Fuel Surcharge.

If I book exactly the same flight, but exactly the same LH flight, with UA miles, through UA site, I'm not charged with the Fuel Surcharge

What I like about Miles and More, is that when I wrote to complain, I got the following reply:

We are pleased at your interest in our wide range of attractive awards. If you wish to fly one way, you need only invest 50% of the miles calculated for a regular round-trip award. To redeem a one way award ticket on the route New York - Tel Aviv you need to spend 50,000 miles in the Economy Class or 92,000 miles in the Business Class.

I found it quite derogatory and conceited, that I send a mail to complain, and I recieve a "we are pleased at your interest...."

Regretfully, I do have to fly Star Alliance. I don't put my miles in LH anymore, as I get killed with the fuel surcharge, so I have like 250K miles, and never use them.

Would love to get a logic explanation to this ridiculous policy, specially towards your loyal senator customers.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:41 am

Dear lurker,

First, I want to express my appreciation for your engagement with the flyertalk community.

Second, I hope you can help me.

I had a disappointing and frustrating experience with a recent intercontinental trip from SFO to TLV. Caused me to miss important pre-scheduled meetings and incur additional expenses.

I submitted a letter to Lufthansa using the website a few weeks ago. I did not receive any follow-up aside from an automated reply.

Can you help?

Thank you.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:41 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Dear yapak2,
I believe the guarantee given is stated as "...as long as there are still the required amount of seats for sale in the class of service that you require (Economy or Business Class)..."

This should mean: if I can buy 4 seats, I can get 4 award seats.

What you seem to imply in your answer is that it's not important how many seats are still being marketed, but how many seats are physically available. So a HON would not get his waitlist confirmed if 60 out of 60 business class seats are sold, even though LH may still be selling 4 business class tickets.

Can you confirm that I have interpreted your answer correctly?

HTB.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by danielos
I'm sorry if this issue was already covered in a previous post.

In any case, the question is why does Lufthansa charges a fuel surcharge on flights which originally do not require a fuel surcharge?

For example, if I issue a ticket on United Airlines flight using United Airlines Miles through the UA site, I'm not charged with Fuel Surcharge.

If I try to book exactly the same UA fligth, using LH Miles through LH site, I'm charged with the Fuel Surcharge. Exactly the same flight.

Now, this get's more ridiculous: if I book a LH flight, using LH Milies through LH site, I'm charged with the Fuel Surcharge.

If I book exactly the same flight, but exactly the same LH flight, with UA miles, through UA site, I'm not charged with the Fuel Surcharge

What I like about Miles and More, is that when I wrote to complain, I got the following reply:

We are pleased at your interest in our wide range of attractive awards. If you wish to fly one way, you need only invest 50% of the miles calculated for a regular round-trip award. To redeem a one way award ticket on the route New York - Tel Aviv you need to spend 50,000 miles in the Economy Class or 92,000 miles in the Business Class.

I found it quite derogatory and conceited, that I send a mail to complain, and I recieve a "we are pleased at your interest...."

Regretfully, I do have to fly Star Alliance. I don't put my miles in LH anymore, as I get killed with the fuel surcharge, so I have like 250K miles, and never use them.

Would love to get a logic explanation to this ridiculous policy, specially towards your loyal senator customers.
Dear Danielos,

as I am not aware about these differences in
cost, I contacted my colleagues for you and
I will get back to you as soon as they replied.

Stefanie
Old Mar 1, 2013, 5:17 am

Hi Vanessa, i am sorted, thanks. All is well, that ends well.
Having said that, i think it would be very helpful, if the "fine print" was available publicly. As you can imagine the level of frustration can be enormous, when the obvious all of a sudden is not so obvious.
Throw in some strange excuses from call center agents and you create customer sat levels that are not quite what one would strive for.

yapak2
Dear Yapak2,
thanks for your feedback. I will make sure to forward it. Best. Maria
Old Mar 1, 2013, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by jonshu3000
Dear lurker,

First, I want to express my appreciation for your engagement with the flyertalk community.

Second, I hope you can help me.

I had a disappointing and frustrating experience with a recent intercontinental trip from SFO to TLV. Caused me to miss important pre-scheduled meetings and incur additional expenses.

I submitted a letter to Lufthansa using the website a few weeks ago. I did not receive any follow-up aside from an automated reply.

Can you help?

Thank you.

Dear jonsuh3000,

I am sorry to hear that - my colleagues from Customer Relations are currently facing a high number of incoming requests. Could you, nevertheless, kindly send us your Feedback-ID via PM? We will then contact our colleagues for you.

Stefanie
Old Mar 2, 2013, 3:24 am

Been at SEN level for almost a year now and been wondering lately with the long haul business class flights why there is no personal SEN greetings from the purser welcoming to the flight anymore? This used to take place without exception in the beginning entering the status level, but now the last flights with LH for example to SIN, CCS and current one to HKG I've not received these greetings anymore. Has there been a operational change here?

I remember back in 20005-2007 LH was doing the greetings when I was flying with the SAS Gold card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.