Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
I have an Asiana business flight coming up. The ticket has been issued but I can't get it to show on my LH online account, since it won't recognize the booking reference. In any case, I would like to use my LH senator upgrade vouchers to upgrade my ongoing Asiana flight from business to first. I had read that it was possible to do so across the two airlines. Any advice on how to go about this? Also, should I worry that I am not able to view that reservation on the LH site.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi chester, I sent a message to Customer Relations letting you know you are waiting for a reply. They will get back to you as soon as possible. Vanessa
Dear LH Lurkers and Flyertalk friends.
Yesterday I received the answer to my above inquiry thanks to the riminder from LH Lurkers. I would like to post it here in order to inform anybody who has the same problems as LH FTL status client. The answer is in German language, for non German speaking pals please use an online translator website.
Sadly LH has confirmed my fear that the FTL status is not recognized by i.e. United in the USA. So far to Star Alliance value and netted ops:

Sehr geehrter Herr Sxxxxxxxxxxx,

vielen Dank für Ihr Schreiben vom 24. November 2012 sowie Ihre Erinnerungen. Ein erhöhter Posteingang ermöglicht es uns leider erst heute, Ihnen zu antworten.

Wir können nachempfinden, dass Sie verärgert waren, weil unsere Partner Ihrem Wunsch nach Zutritt zur Lounge in den USA nicht nachkommen konnten. Es ist uns und unseren Partnern ein Anliegen, Ihnen als Vielflieger die Aufenthalte auf den Flughäfen mit einem umfassenden Loungeangebot so angenehm wie möglich zu machen. Im Rahmen der Star Alliance haben wir deshalb mit unseren Partner Airlines auch Vereinbarungen über die gegenseitige Nutzung der Lounges getroffen. An einigen Flughäfen steht uns jedoch leider nur eine Lounge zur Verfügung, deren Zutritt wir und unsere Partner aufgrund des hohen Passagieraufkommens teilweise beschränken mussten.

Dass Sie sich zudem darüber ärgern, dass Sie Ihre Frau nicht kostenfrei in unsere LH Lounges mitnehmen können, verstehen wir sehr gut. Jedoch hat die Vergangenheit gezeigt, dass unsere Lounges besonders in den Peakzeiten so stark frequentiert waren, dass wir unseren Statusgästen kaum die Exklusivität und ruhige Atmosphäre bieten konnten, die wir in unserem Produktversprechen abgeben. Daher haben wir uns dazu entschlossen, künftig den Zugang auf Business Class Gäste und Frequent Traveller vor ihrem Flug mit Lufthansa und ihren Partnern zu beschränken, also den Gästen vorzubehalten, die den Loungezugang auch selbst erworben haben.

Ferner bedauern wir, dass es bei Ihren Flügen zu Irritationen bezüglich des Freigepäcks gekommen ist. Gerne geben wir Ihnen hierzu einige Informationen. Es ist richtig, dass die Gepäckbestimmungen der Fluggesellschaft zur Anwendung kommen, die die geographisch längste Strecke der Reise durchführt. Diese Regelung ist jedoch nicht anwendbar für die USA und daher kann es zu Abweichungen kommen. Bitte erlauben Sie uns zudem den Hinweis, dass die Freigepäckmenge für Frequent Traveller nicht bei allen Partnern Anwendung findet. Weitere Information dies bezüglich finden Sie auch auf www.miles-and-more.com. Gerne können Sie uns jedoch die Ihnen zusätzlich entstandenen Kosten zur Erstattungsprüfung einreichen.

Abschließend möchten wir die Gelegenheit nutzen, Ihnen dafür zu danken, dass Sie uns immer wieder Ihr Vertrauen entgegenbringen, indem Sie Lufthansa so häufig als Ihren Reisepartner wählen. Diesem Vertrauen wollen wir auch in Zukunft wieder gerecht werden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Old Jan 24, 2013, 5:08 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Sphinx
I have an Asiana business flight coming up. The ticket has been issued but I can't get it to show on my LH online account, since it won't recognize the booking reference. In any case, I would like to use my LH senator upgrade vouchers to upgrade my ongoing Asiana flight from business to first. I had read that it was possible to do so across the two airlines. Any advice on how to go about this? Also, should I worry that I am not able to view that reservation on the LH site.
Hello Sphinx,
since OZ works with a different booking system, it is not unusual that your flight is not showing up on your LH online account. So there is nothing to worry about .
Asiana can indeed be upgraded with your Miles & More Miles - provided that the flight was booked in the fares D or C and that there still are seats availbale for upgrades. Please give the Senator Service a call, they will assist you with your request. Good luck!
Maria
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA/MM/1K
Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

I've run into a problem with a senator account where status shows expiring this year, even though in 2011 (one of the two 2011/2012 qualifying years), the correct miles were flown...in fact there are several flights which continue to be in dispute for 2011 which have not credited properly. Who can I contact about this situation - is there a customer relations number in NY which I can contact ? If the LH lurker can PM me I can give more details.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by acesflyerSFO
I've run into a problem with a senator account where status shows expiring this year, even though in 2011 (one of the two 2011/2012 qualifying years), the correct miles were flown...in fact there are several flights which continue to be in dispute for 2011 which have not credited properly. Who can I contact about this situation - is there a customer relations number in NY which I can contact ? If the LH lurker can PM me I can give more details.
Hello,
I’m sorry to hear that. If some of your miles are not credited automatically for your flights you can generally use our online form for retrospective mileage credit (http://f.lh.com/HUYq) or you can send a copy of your ticket and the original boarding pass, along with your Miles & More card number or customer number, to:

Miles & More
P.O.Box 946 USA
Santa Clarita, 91380 CA

As it is only possible to apply for retroactive credit of miles that have not been automatically credited for up to 6 months (http://f.lh.com/HUYq) - it is now too late to get miles out of 2011 retroactively credited to your account… :-/

Stefanie
Old Jan 30, 2013, 3:00 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
Dear LH Lurker,

This morning I read in the Dutch Financial Times an advert of Emirates. You may know that Emirates is flying now for only a couple of years on Amsterdam while Lufthansa is already flying for ages on this city.
Emirates offers to its Dutch customers the internet payment possibility of iDEAL. This is THE common internet payment platform in Holland and it is costfree under all circumstances!!

With LH bookings I have to pay always a € 7,50 payment proccessing fee as one is obliged to use a Credit card or Pay Pal (was cost free in the past).
Please note that the debit cards offered on the LH internet site are not commonly used in The Netherlands.
Why cannot the LH group (LX,OS,SN) in Holland not offer us this customer friendly payment platform?? while a quality Airline like Emirates offers it now already. Apparently Emirates listen carefully to local customer wishes.

As I do not know which department/section at LH should deal with such an issue I forward it to you and hope to get a final answer in due course.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Terbang
Dear LH Lurker,

This morning I read in the Dutch Financial Times an advert of Emirates. You may know that Emirates is flying now for only a couple of years on Amsterdam while Lufthansa is already flying for ages on this city.
Emirates offers to its Dutch customers the internet payment possibility of iDEAL. This is THE common internet payment platform in Holland and it is costfree under all circumstances!!

With LH bookings I have to pay always a € 7,50 payment proccessing fee as one is obliged to use a Credit card or Pay Pal (was cost free in the past).
Please note that the debit cards offered on the LH internet site are not commonly used in The Netherlands.
Why cannot the LH group (LX,OS,SN) in Holland not offer us this customer friendly payment platform?? while a quality Airline like Emirates offers it now already. Apparently Emirates listen carefully to local customer wishes.

As I do not know which department/section at LH should deal with such an issue I forward it to you and hope to get a final answer in due course.
Dear Terbang,

I can see your point and I will forward it to the responsible department.

Best, Fatime
Old Jan 31, 2013, 5:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers,
can you ask the people who maintain the tables to add MUC-YVR to the mileage calculator? We can live with the fact that the A380 is not flying that route, but the calculator doesn't have it at all...
Example:
http://www.meilenrechner.de/lh/meile...FRA~MUC~LH~E~W
Old Jan 31, 2013, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear Lurkers,
can you ask the people who maintain the tables to add MUC-YVR to the mileage calculator? We can live with the fact that the A380 is not flying that route, but the calculator doesn't have it at all...
Example:
http://www.meilenrechner.de/lh/meile...FRA~MUC~LH~E~W
Dear Oliver, consider it done Thanks for the information! Vanessa
Old Jan 31, 2013, 6:18 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Speaking of which, make sure you ask the IT team to update the OU flight list in the calculator as well, it's been at least two years since the last update and many flights are missing.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
Speaking of which, make sure you ask the IT team to update the OU flight list in the calculator as well, it's been at least two years since the last update and many flights are missing.
Hi gojko, I asked my colleagues to take care of it. Thanks for the info, Maria
Old Feb 1, 2013, 2:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Some more missing ones: the new LX ZRH-SIN and the (alltime FT favorite) EN flight FRA-BGY
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Some more missing ones: the new LX ZRH-SIN and the (alltime FT favorite) EN flight FRA-BGY
Thanks for the information, Oliver! I will forward them to the responsible department, too. Vanessa
Old Feb 1, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
To LH Lurkers ... compliments to staff at MUC today (1 Feb, around 11:30am).

I had reason to suspect that my checked bag, originally tagged by AC at YYC, then going to FRA via YYZ, YUL, then on LH to MUC and finally FRA might have an issue at MUC. So I checked at the Senator lounge near gate 28.

Actually, the issue I suspected wasn't the case, but there WAS a problem and the bag was about to miss the 12:00 flight.

The lady at the Senator lounge sprang into action, calling baggage several times, and the gate agent (gate 28). She also lined up a contingency plan if the bag didn't make my flight.

Over the next 20 minutes, there were a number of calls and the Lounge person and the gate agent kept me informed and really tried to 'make it happen'.

It did! The bag made the flight to FRA with minutes to spare.

So, I will putting good feedback, but you are welcome to send more direct feedback to people who matter. The Senator Lounge lady and Gate 28 agents were great.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by RooFlyer
To LH Lurkers ... compliments to staff at MUC today (1 Feb, around 11:30am).

I had reason to suspect that my checked bag, originally tagged by AC at YYC, then going to FRA via YYZ, YUL, then on LH to MUC and finally FRA might have an issue at MUC. So I checked at the Senator lounge near gate 28.

Actually, the issue I suspected wasn't the case, but there WAS a problem and the bag was about to miss the 12:00 flight.

The lady at the Senator lounge sprang into action, calling baggage several times, and the gate agent (gate 28). She also lined up a contingency plan if the bag didn't make my flight.

Over the next 20 minutes, there were a number of calls and the Lounge person and the gate agent kept me informed and really tried to 'make it happen'.

It did! The bag made the flight to FRA with minutes to spare.

So, I will putting good feedback, but you are welcome to send more direct feedback to people who matter. The Senator Lounge lady and Gate 28 agents were great.
Hi Rooflyer, I am glad to hear that your bag made it on time ! Your compliments will be forwarded. Regards, Maria

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.