Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 5:33 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Dear Roberto,

I am sorry to hear you are still waiting for a response. I have sent a reminder to my colleagues from Customer Relations with the request to get in touch with you as soon as possible. Hopefully, your matter can be finalized now.

Kind regards
Jasmin
Old May 17, 2022, 5:34 am

Dear Bart_ek,

I am sorry to hear you are still waiting for a response regarding your retro mileage credit. Unfortunately, we do not have access to the Miles&More system and therefore cannot follow up on your request. My colleagues from Miles&More are the correct point of contact. Therefore, I recommend to bear with them for a bit longer or contact them directly to cross-check the status.

Kind regards
Jasmin
Old May 18, 2022, 11:06 pm

Programs: Senator, Miles& More
Dear Jasmine, thanks for your kind reply. I hope I will get a feedback from the CS very soon
Regards
Roberto
Old May 24, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: AA PP, UA PP, Marriott PPE
Update with answers:
Hi LH team & fellow members,
Would anyone know the LH ORD airport local contact number or email?
[email protected]/ 7736865802
I have been trying to trace my 4 delayed bags stuck at ORD since May 20.
Every time I call 1 877 234 3449 (min 1 hr wait time), the rep just enters an online follow-up message to the ORD airport team, but no response from them since past 4 days.
Workaround to avoid the hours long wait time - Download the LH Service app & use the Callback feature which is not available if you directly call to LH call center
Thanks

Last edited by Launchpad; May 25, 2022 at 9:20 am Reason: Update with answers
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:04 am

Following a 22 hour delayed flight from CPT to BHX, I submitted a request for EU 261 compensation via the LH Customer Feedback online form. I received an automated reply with a FB ID number. That was 6 weeks ago and I have heard nothing since. I have requested numerous updates by email but still nothing. How long should I wait before pursuing a civil action?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by DebTwoHoots
Following a 22 hour delayed flight from CPT to BHX, I submitted a request for EU 261 compensation via the LH Customer Feedback online form. I received an automated reply with a FB ID number. That was 6 weeks ago and I have heard nothing since. I have requested numerous updates by email but still nothing. How long should I wait before pursuing a civil action?
Hello DebTwoHoots,

I am sorry to read about the caused trouble. The Feedback ID proves that your claim has been successfully submitted. The handling time is currently longer, due to the high volume of requests. My colleagues will get back to you, as soon as the evaluation process is finished. Therefore, I kindly ask you for some more patience.

Kind regards,
Anna
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Launchpad
Update with answers:
Hi LH team & fellow members,
Would anyone know the LH ORD airport local contact number or email?

I have been trying to trace my 4 delayed bags stuck at ORD since May 20.
Every time I call 1 877 234 3449 (min 1 hr wait time), the rep just enters an online follow-up message to the ORD airport team, but no response from them since past 4 days.

Thanks
Hello Launchpad,

I am sorry, we don't have any other contact to provide you with. Have you tried to check the status online? I hope that your bags are already delivered by now!

Kind regards,
Anna
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA PP, Marriott PPE
Yes i did get the bags. The email to ORD desk helped in routing it. Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:32 am

I was flying LH958 FRA-BHX last Monday (May 30) and after the arrival and long waiting for the luggage, the passengers (of this and several others flights) were told to go home and the baggage will be delivered to them next day.
Unfortunately, there was no follow-up from Lufthansa, no baggage delivery, and no update about the baggage. No contact attempt from anybody has been made. Similarly, Lufthansa Senator line nor LH email Customer Relations were unable to provide any further information.
Is there any chance to obtain any information about the situation?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Maniak
I was flying LH958 FRA-BHX last Monday (May 30) and after the arrival and long waiting for the luggage, the passengers (of this and several others flights) were told to go home and the baggage will be delivered to them next day.
Unfortunately, there was no follow-up from Lufthansa, no baggage delivery, and no update about the baggage. No contact attempt from anybody has been made. Similarly, Lufthansa Senator line nor LH email Customer Relations were unable to provide any further information.
Is there any chance to obtain any information about the situation?
Hello Maniak,

I am sorry to hear that. We cannot provide any other contact option, unfortunately. Have you tried getting in touch via the contact details listed on your loss report?

Best regards,
Birgit
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:11 am

Dear Birgit,

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello Maniak,

I am sorry to hear that. We cannot provide any other contact option, unfortunately. Have you tried getting in touch via the contact details listed on your loss report?

Best regards,
Birgit
Unfortunately, the passengers were asked to leave the airport without filling up any "loss reports" (with around a thousand of passengers waiting in a very small space and no LH representatives around, it was difficult to argue thanks to a strong police presence) and so this suggestion is not very helpful.

Any advice then?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:29 am

Dear Birgit,

Unfortunately, the passengers were asked to leave the airport without filling up any "loss reports" (with around a thousand of passengers waiting in a very small space and no LH representatives around, it was difficult to argue thanks to a strong police presence) and so this suggestion is not very helpful.

Any advice then?
Hi again, Maniak,

I'm really sorry for our delayed reply! Were you, meanwhile, able to get a hold of someone at BHX airport or have been reached out to, after all? If not, please send us the your full name as shown in the flight booking along with your baggage tag number, reservation code and ticket number via direct message. We'll then try to follow up on the whereabouts of your luggage on your behalf.

Best regards,
Katharina
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:55 pm

Thanks for asking.
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi again, Maniak,

I'm really sorry for our delayed reply! Were you, meanwhile, able to get a hold of someone at BHX airport or have been reached out to, after all? If not, please send us the your full name as shown in the flight booking along with your baggage tag number, reservation code and ticket number via direct message. We'll then try to follow up on the whereabouts of your luggage on your behalf.

Best regards,
Katharina
At the end all has been resolved - and I got my baggage after a week.

Unfortunately, I received no help and no answer from Lufthansa despite my multiple attempts to obtain any information. I found it very disrespectful to the customers: I'm regularly receiving emails about basic matters for individual flights, like about a new gate, lack of some services, about delays, but when it's LH which should provide some real information for which regular customer may have problems with accessing then there is no communication.
In fact, all what Lufthansa should have done was to provide a phone number or email for the (right) baggage handler at the airport. Information which is not so easy to find by an individual (and it's LH who is providing the service and I don't have to know what subcontractors they use); it took me multiple attempts to contact various airport services, baggage handlers, various LH contacts, and got almost no reply from anybody (4 days of holidays in the UK didn't help), until I got the right contact email and then it went smoothly.

Just a simple courtesy email/call/text from LH and the issue would have been resolved very quickly.
hugolover and olive_b like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:41 am

Thanks for asking.

At the end all has been resolved - and I got my baggage after a week.

Unfortunately, I received no help and no answer from Lufthansa despite my multiple attempts to obtain any information. I found it very disrespectful to the customers: I'm regularly receiving emails about basic matters for individual flights, like about a new gate, lack of some services, about delays, but when it's LH which should provide some real information for which regular customer may have problems with accessing then there is no communication.
In fact, all what Lufthansa should have done was to provide a phone number or email for the (right) baggage handler at the airport. Information which is not so easy to find by an individual (and it's LH who is providing the service and I don't have to know what subcontractors they use); it took me multiple attempts to contact various airport services, baggage handlers, various LH contacts, and got almost no reply from anybody (4 days of holidays in the UK didn't help), until I got the right contact email and then it went smoothly.

Just a simple courtesy email/call/text from LH and the issue would have been resolved very quickly.
Hello again, Maniak,

I fully agree that your bag's delay wasn't handled as supposed and the lack of communication not acceptable. On behalf of the local staff, I'd like to apologize for the mess and disruption that was caused, and feel sorry that you were without any support on the day of your arrival. While it's not meant as an excuse, your flight was not the only one that didn't have its arriving luggage processed by the local staff, resulting in hundreds of passengers waiting. We've been confirmed that this became a challenge just as a health and safety issue. However, I'm happy to hear that you've been re-united with your belongings and hope that you will not have to experience anything like this incident, again.

Best regards,
Katharina
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
One way flight on Thursday 23rd June HER-FRA-DUB. J class.

LH emailed asking me to ring them. I did. They told me the HER-FRA sector, operated by Aegean, was cancelled. They offered another flight, leaving just 35 minutes to connect in FRA from Schengen to non-Schengen. They have to know that’s not an achievable connection at that airport. The issue being, of course, it’s the last flight of the day and if they were to rebook me for the next day they’d be liable to put me up and for compensation.

But that’s not even the issue. The HER-FRA sector IS STILL BOOKABLE, on Aegean’s own website.

Second time recently LH have messed me about. Worried now about another flight I have soon. They’re running out of chances with me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.