Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:47 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Anna Nadal
Jon, that’s exactly what is happening to my future husband's flight…they issued mine, but not his, even though we urged them that it was essential that they did both together because it was for getting married! they said “we should wait” and that his “booking was confirmed” …but two days later his reservation had disappeared. The call centre is chaos and they don’t give us an effective solution. What was the outcome for you?
Kind regards
Anna
Hi Anna,

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties regarding your partner's booking. I cannot make any promises since we have no access to the booking system. However, I would like to cross-check your booking with my colleagues in the Service Center. Please send us a private message with the booking code and passenger name. We will then try our best to assist.

Best Regards,
Jasmin
hugolover and RetiredATLATC like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 2:27 pm

Dear LH lurker team,

I am trying to change the inbound itinerary of a first class booking (outbound has been flown a few months ago) to a different date, which should be possible without repricing according to the fare rules (ANCCZ6W). I am struggling to change the date without a repricing to a full F fare on any date when I can see in Expert Flyer that there is the appropriate availability; 2 seemingly very competent agents at the first class hotline tried searching for me without success. All of the automatically generated options are in business class only and a manual repricing to full F generates a fare difference of several thousand Euro. What can I do?

Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Dear LH lurker team,

I am trying to change the inbound itinerary of a first class booking (outbound has been flown a few months ago) to a different date, which should be possible without repricing according to the fare rules (ANCCZ6W). I am struggling to change the date without a repricing to a full F fare on any date when I can see in Expert Flyer that there is the appropriate availability; 2 seemingly very competent agents at the first class hotline tried searching for me without success. All of the automatically generated options are in business class only and a manual repricing to full F generates a fare difference of several thousand Euro. What can I do?

Thank you in advance.
Hello YYCCL3,

sorry to hear about the difficulties. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with your booking request since we do not have access to the booking system. I would recommend to contact our First Class service via https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/first-class-booking. They will be able to look into this.

Best regards
Jasmin
Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:08 pm

Dear LH team,

I am SEN trying to help my 90 year old mother recover login to her M&M account. Pretty important since she is crediting a mix C/F itinerary. Forgot password process does not work because it says there is no email address for the card profile. But I have email traffic from when the account was opened. During the summer I called SEN who guided me through the process to reclaim the account via the service center. I never heard back. A week ago I repeated the process and still have not heard back. But this time I kept track of the request id: 1FL-CC8-KS6

Would you please be able to track any news down on this. Happy to send further details via PM.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by GlobalNomad
Dear LH team,

I am SEN trying to help my 90 year old mother recover login to her M&M account. Pretty important since she is crediting a mix C/F itinerary. Forgot password process does not work because it says there is no email address for the card profile. But I have email traffic from when the account was opened. During the summer I called SEN who guided me through the process to reclaim the account via the service center. I never heard back. A week ago I repeated the process and still have not heard back. But this time I kept track of the request id: 1FL-CC8-KS6

Would you please be able to track any news down on this. Happy to send further details via PM.
Hello GlobalNomad,

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties regarding your mother's Miles & More account. As much as we would like to assist and help your mother to use her account, our hands are tied here. This needs to be solved directly via my colleagues from Miles & More, also due to data protection. My apologies.

Best regards
Jasmin
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello GlobalNomad,

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties regarding your mother's Miles & More account. As much as we would like to assist and help your mother to use her account, our hands are tied here. This needs to be solved directly via my colleagues from Miles & More, also due to data protection. My apologies.

Best regards
Jasmin
Thanks, I assume it is not coincidence that I have now received an email to move forward with identifty verification.
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Hello LH Lurkers
in accordance with various travel bans to South Africa, I did not travel to JNB last month, nor did I return yesterday.
I informed LH via the app that I would not be travelling and requested a refund or voucher for future travel.
I have a reference number issued the day of originally planned travel, but have not heard anything from LH in the past three weeks.
I have regularly been on the phone to LH Customer Service, but I hang up after 90 mins of wait...
What do you suggest I do now to process this matter further?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 6:18 am

Hello AlienInTheFatherland,
sorry to hear you are having difficulties trying to reach my colleagues. If you are already in contact with our Customer Relations Department and obtained a Feedback ID, please allow my colleagues some research time. We are currently experiencing an extraordinarily high number of customer contacts in all our departments. As a result, there are unfortunately longer waiting times. Via Social Media, we are unable to influence the processing time. Should you have further questions, please contact them again here: https://bit.ly/2wWjPTc / How can we help you? / As about existing feedback.
Kind regards & happy holidays!
Tania
Old Dec 21, 2021, 9:41 am
chj

Programs: BA, UA, DL
Trying to change multi city flight

Hello

I have a booking FRA - JNB // CPT - FRA in business class leaving on 25 December (returning in late January). For personal reasons I need to change the departure to 27 or 28 December. This does not appear as an option on your website, it seems (based on some searching) that this is because it is not a one way or round trip itinerary.

I have not been able to get through to the call centre in either Germany or South Africa (despite sitting on hold for over an hour with each, cumulatively). I am worried that this will not get easier as Christmas approaches. Can you please help me get this flight changed?

Charles
Old Dec 22, 2021, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by chj
Hello

I have a booking FRA - JNB // CPT - FRA in business class leaving on 25 December (returning in late January). For personal reasons I need to change the departure to 27 or 28 December. This does not appear as an option on your website, it seems (based on some searching) that this is because it is not a one way or round trip itinerary.

I have not been able to get through to the call centre in either Germany or South Africa (despite sitting on hold for over an hour with each, cumulatively). I am worried that this will not get easier as Christmas approaches. Can you please help me get this flight changed?

Charles
Hello Charles, as much as I would like to assist, I do not have access to the booking system and therefore cannot assist with any flight change. My colleagues in the Service Center are the correct point of contact. I understand that it is difficult to reach them and understand that this is an inconvenient situation. However, please keep trying in short, regular intervals, or try contacting one of the international hotlines: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/support/contact. Thank you.

Kind regards & happy holidays!
Jasmin
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: Miles and More, Flying Blue, AA Advantage
Dear LH Team,

I have bought a ticket with miles and I wanted to add an extra luggage -- it is an intercontinental one way flight in business class. It is not possible to buy the extra luggage from the website due to "technical reasons"; however, I was charged 205 euros for the luggage instead of the 200 euros I would have been charged if I had bought the ticket online. Why is a surcharge being applied given that it is a technical reason depending on LH?

More importantly, I was told I would get a 32 kilos allowance but the voucher indicates that the extra allowance is only 23 kilos. This is also contrary to what is written in the website about purchasing extra luggage. I called back the customer service after finding out the reduced allowance and was told that this is the correct allowance and that if I want to get the additional 9 kilos I have to pay it as extra luggage (the cost is about 160 euros, which takes the price of the luggage to about the price of the one-way economy class ticket). What is the rationale of the rule given that the price of the extra luggage is the same? Where is this rule indicated in the contractual terms and conditions? I could not locate any information about this difference in treatment.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Last edited by Tottoru; Dec 27, 2021 at 1:48 pm
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Tottoru
Dear LH Team,

I have bought a ticket with miles and I wanted to add an extra luggage -- it is an intercontinental one way flight in business class. It is not possible to buy the extra luggage from the website due to "technical reasons"; however, I was charged 205 euros for the luggage instead of the 200 euros I would have been charged if I had bought the ticket online. Why is a surcharge being applied given that it is a technical reason depending on LH?

More importantly, I was told I would get a 32 kilos allowance but the voucher indicates that the extra allowance is only 23 kilos. This is also contrary to what is written in the website about purchasing extra luggage. I called back the customer service after finding out the reduced allowance and was told that this is the correct allowance and that if I want to get the additional 9 kilos I have to pay it as extra luggage (the cost is about 160 euros, which takes the price of the luggage to about the price of the one-way economy class ticket). What is the rationale of the rule given that the price of the extra luggage is the same? Where is this rule indicated in the contractual terms and conditions? I could not locate any information about this difference in treatment.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.
Dear Tottoru,

sorry to hear. If you want to file an official complaint, kindly use our feedback form (https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/feedback) and my colleagues from Customer Relations will have a look into it.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Jonathan
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: Miles and More, Flying Blue, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear Tottoru,

sorry to hear. If you want to file an official complaint, kindly use our feedback form (https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/feedback) and my colleagues from Customer Relations will have a look into it.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Jonathan
Thanks, Jonathan, for your advice. I have filed the complaint.

After I posted my message, the passenger has checked with ground staff at airport check-in and was told that the correct allowance in 32 kilos -- but it was of course too late to pack accordingly, and some luggage entitlement was lost. I am confident that Customer Relations will take appropriate action.

Best wishes.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:21 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Hello.
I don´t know if it´s a correct thread. Anyway - is it normal that Lufthansa Customer Service does not reply since September 3rd (!) to my feedbacks regarding a business class travel (and being SEN)?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Marcin83
Hello.
I don´t know if it´s a correct thread. Anyway - is it normal that Lufthansa Customer Service does not reply since September 3rd (!) to my feedbacks regarding a business class travel (and being SEN)?
Hi Marcin83,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from Customer Relations.

Please share your feedback ID and I will ask my colleagues about an update.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Jonathan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.