FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

TRAVELSIG Oct 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 21693989)
Hello TRAVELSIG,
We are aware of this issue and my colleagues are working on finding a solution. I will, however, gladly forward your feedback.
Regards. /Maria

Thanks Maria.

redtailshark Nov 7, 2013 5:38 pm

@ BRU last week... the LH agent did not recognize the presented UA 1K credential as Star Gold and initially - incorrectly - attempted to levy a checked bag fee. I had to correct her and insist. This experience suggests that more training on Star credential recognition required @:-)

However, at both the BRU and FRA gates the agents did enforce the priority boarding process. Although better than on KL which is a notorious free-for-all at AMS - IME this procedure is not always implemented correctly by LH.

There was not enough wurst at the LH B term Sen lounge on a busy Monday morning.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Nov 8, 2013 2:56 am

Originally Posted by redtailshark (Post 21747074)
@ BRU last week... the LH agent did not recognize the presented UA 1K credential as Star Gold and initially - incorrectly - attempted to levy a checked bag fee. I had to correct her and insist. This experience suggests that more training on Star credential recognition required @:-)

However, at both the BRU and FRA gates the agents did enforce the priority boarding process. Although better than on KL which is a notorious free-for-all at AMS - IME this procedure is not always implemented correctly by LH.

There was not enough wurst at the LH B term Sen lounge on a busy Monday morning.

Dear redtailshark,
thanks for sharing your impressions. We will forward them to our colleagues at the stations.
Stefanie

lovejapan Nov 24, 2013 8:11 pm

I am a HON Circle member and I fly between FRA and NRT at least once a month and I have always enjoyed the A380 attributes. I see that the A380 has now been replaced by a 747-400, meaning a 2-3-2 layout (vs the 2-2-2 layount on the A380).

Is that change temporary or long-term?

If it is long-term, I will need to change my plans. I have started flying the new JAL SkySuite and this is probably the most comfortable business class between Europe and Japan.

When will we see the new LH Business Class product to Japan?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Nov 25, 2013 8:07 am

Originally Posted by lovejapan (Post 21847907)
I am a HON Circle member and I fly between FRA and NRT at least once a month and I have always enjoyed the A380 attributes. I see that the A380 has now been replaced by a 747-400, meaning a 2-3-2 layout (vs the 2-2-2 layount on the A380).

Is that change temporary or long-term?

If it is long-term, I will need to change my plans. I have started flying the new JAL SkySuite and this is probably the most comfortable business class between Europe and Japan.

When will we see the new LH Business Class product to Japan?

Dear lovejapan,

we have received the following information regarding your enquiry: the summer flight schedule for 2014 between Frankfurt and Toyko is not yet finalised. As from summer 2014, we intend to fly to Tokyo’s second airport, Haneda, with our new “Queen of the Skies” Boeing 747-8, equipped with the latest products in all compartments. Due to the size of the aircraft, a formal approval by the Japanese authorities is required to utilise this routing to HND. The formal approval is still outstanding. A final decision regarding the flight schedule to Tokyo in summer 2014 is expected to take place towards the end of January 2014.
I hope this will convince you to continue flying with Lufthansa in the future.

Kind regards, Isabell

lovejapan Dec 5, 2013 6:08 pm

Dear Isabell, thank you for the information. This is an interesting development. Good luck in securing the Haneda approvals. I wish that the King of the Skies (aka the A380) remained on the Tokyo route. After flying the quiet A380 many times on that route, flying the Queen of the Skies is a throwback to 10 years ago. The new business class seat in the 747-8i may make it a little more interesting, but nothing beats the comfortable 6 abreast (and somewhat private) upper deck business class of the A380.

palu07 Dec 7, 2013 10:09 pm

HORRIBLE Customer Service from Lufthansa

am so angry and am trying to see if someone from customer relations at Lufthansa has the decency to help resolve an issue. I am travelling on Lufthansa next week for vacation and from the moment I made my booking, the experience has been nothing but a nightmare. I expected more from Lufthansa and was really excited to travel with you all but I regret the decision now. From the beginning, the booking agent incorrectly spelled my son's name. Since he is an infant I was not able to book his ticket. I gave the ticket agent my son's name via the phone and when I received the confirmation - it was wrong. Even though it was the booking agent's mistake it has been extremely painful to find out who at Lufthansa could help me to change it. Furthermore, I called on October 9 - more than 2 months back to request a bassinet seat. I was told on this day that I had a confirmed bassinet seat of 34D/E going from Dulles to Frankfurt and on to BLR. I spoke to a Lufthansa agent at the Canadian call center who confirmed this. I called today to reconfirm and found out that my seat has been changed and I no longer have a bassinet seat and furthermore your agent is telling me that my son is not associated to MY ticket. I don't know how my son became disassociated with my ticket - but I'm not clear on why the agent can't re-associate it. He is my son - you see that in your system why are you all making it difficult - ALL I NEED IS a bassinet seat. I'm not asking for Lufthansa or its agents to move a mountain. This is really frustrating and upsetting that you all are making a very small thing extremely difficult. What is really surprising is your agents have been extremely RUDE and are telling me that IF it was even possible to get a bassinet seat then my entire ticket could get cancelled - how is it even possible that just re-assigning a seat will cancel the entire ticket?? You all have been by far one of the worst airlines for customer service ever. I'll be sure to share this experience with everyone I know. I went to re-check my tickets today and noticed that my husband and I are now no longer sitting together?? How did that happen? I tried to change our seats so that we could sit together and the system would not let me. Furthermore - for our seats on the leg from DC to FRA - we had seats 18H.J and somehow they were changed - automatically to where my husband and I are now on seats30F and 31F When I called Lufthansa - they are telling me that I can no longer have the seats 18 H and J and that no one can book them at all - how is that possible. If the seats are free - why can't you let me have them? I am trying to have a good first vacation with my family - since we had our son 5 months back and this whole experience is leaving such a sour taste in our mouths. We really expected more better service from Lufthansa. You can see more on the thread here - it has been so frustrating!! https://www.facebook.com/lufthansa/p...t=feed_comment

Bernie2012 Dec 8, 2013 1:06 pm

Dear Lurkers,

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaf...-12700805.html

May I kindly ask you to forward to the gentleman considering the spin off the following privacy statement, it is incidentally from MM website:

Information on our privacy statement

Any personal information collected during visits to our website is processed in accordance with the provisions of German law. Our data protection policy also complies with the data protection guidelines laid down by Deutsche Lufthansa AG.

Our websites may contain links to third-party websites that are not covered by this privacy statement.

Lufthansa respects your privacy.
Collection and processing of personal data

Lufthansa only stores your personal information if you provide it yourself: examples include registration, taking part in a survey or competition, or contractual transactions (e.g. booking a flight).

Furthermore Lufthansa analyses traffic on this web site in order to understand our customers' and visitors' needs and to continually improve our site for them. For this reason the IP adress of our visitors is stored in our systems. The IP adress will not be related to a specific person. Only anonymous, aggregate data is recorded for statistical purposes.

Lufthansa sets cookies to track visitor preferences and to improve the design of its websites.
Use, sharing and purpose limitation of personal data

Lufthansa will process and use your personal data only in connection with services related to the website www.lufthansa.com and the Lufthansa online newsletter. This usage lets us personalize your use of these services and can also save you from having to enter the same information twice. We only utilize as much information as is necessary.

We will not share your personal data with third parties. Any partner services offered on www.lufthansa.com are booked directly with these partners. You will be advised of this accordingly.

Some of our services give you the opportunity to store personal information (e.g. FAQ). Such information will only be used to respond to your current inquiry. After your inquiry is closed, this information will not be retained without requesting your permission to do so.

If Government agencies or authorities ask us to collect or share personal data, we will do so only within the appropriate legal frameworks. We require our employees, suppliers and partners to maintain confidentiality and data secrecy in accordance with Article 5 of the German Federal Data Protection Act.

All airlines are required by law to provide the US Customs and Border Protection with the flight and reservation details of every passenger entering the USA. This information is to be used exclusively for security purposes.

Further information is available here.
Opt-in/opt-out

We would like to use your data to tell you about our products and services and those of our partners, and also to conduct occasional surveys. You decide whether or not you would like to be contacted by us. If you change your mind, you can alter your preferences at any time in the 'Newsletter and SMS services' section under 'My Account' > 'My Profile'.
Accessing personal data

If requested, Lufthansa will confirm whether we store personal data about you and what this data is. Despite our best efforts to ensure that this stored data is accurate and up-to-date, it may be incorrect. If it is, we will correct it on request. You can update most of your personal details yourself at any time under 'My Account' > 'My Profile'. If changes occur to your personal details, please update your profile as soon as possible.
Data security

Lufthansa uses technical and organizational security measures to protect the data we hold about you against accidental or deliberate manipulation, loss, deletion or unauthorized access. Our security measures are being improved continuously as new technology develops. The processing and transmission of data is encrypted by the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol.
Enforcement and compliance

Deutsche Lufthansa AG is committed to complying with the articles of its data protection policy as described above.

Should you have any questions regarding the handling of your personal information, please contact our Group Data Protection Manager. Together with data protection staff, this person is also your point of contact for requests for information, suggestions or complaints.

Lufthansa Group Data Protection Manager
Dr. Barbara Kirchberg-Lennartz
Deutsche Lufthansa AG
FRA DSB
60546 Frankfurt

You may also send us your data protection inquiries by e-mail .
We just keep it here for the day it gets potentially "enhanced". This privacy statement along with the fact that LH and MM websites are completely free of any kind of twitter, facebook & co "exploits", gives LH in my opinion a very high credibility. I just want to collect my "discounts" with your company, maintain my status, have an easier time when traveling you and your partner airlines and I do not wish anything else being done with my data other than what I have stated here. If the spin off becomes another intrusive data monster, I clearly wish to be informed about this change in advance and I equally wish an option to just opt out of that data monster then without loosing my "status", I do not wish my personal data being shared or pooled with any other company other then LH Group + LO + SN.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Ps. I would also kindly ask you considering to inform your data protection officer (LH) that he may have a serious chat with your colleagues who run the OS website....(the OS website is opposite to LH's website, inferior in terms of data protection).

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 9, 2013 7:04 am

Originally Posted by palu07 (Post 21924162)
am so angry and am trying to see if someone from customer relations at Lufthansa has the decency to help resolve an issue. I am travelling on Lufthansa next week for vacation and from the moment I made my booking, the experience has been nothing but a nightmare. I expected more from Lufthansa and was really excited to travel with you all but I regret the decision now. From the beginning, the booking agent incorrectly spelled my son's name. Since he is an infant I was not able to book his ticket. I gave the ticket agent my son's name via the phone and when I received the confirmation - it was wrong. Even though it was the booking agent's mistake it has been extremely painful to find out who at Lufthansa could help me to change it. Furthermore, I called on October 9 - more than 2 months back to request a bassinet seat. I was told on this day that I had a confirmed bassinet seat of 34D/E going from Dulles to Frankfurt and on to BLR. I spoke to a Lufthansa agent at the Canadian call center who confirmed this. I called today to reconfirm and found out that my seat has been changed and I no longer have a bassinet seat and furthermore your agent is telling me that my son is not associated to MY ticket. I don't know how my son became disassociated with my ticket - but I'm not clear on why the agent can't re-associate it. He is my son - you see that in your system why are you all making it difficult - ALL I NEED IS a bassinet seat. I'm not asking for Lufthansa or its agents to move a mountain. This is really frustrating and upsetting that you all are making a very small thing extremely difficult. What is really surprising is your agents have been extremely RUDE and are telling me that IF it was even possible to get a bassinet seat then my entire ticket could get cancelled - how is it even possible that just re-assigning a seat will cancel the entire ticket?? You all have been by far one of the worst airlines for customer service ever. I'll be sure to share this experience with everyone I know. I went to re-check my tickets today and noticed that my husband and I are now no longer sitting together?? How did that happen? I tried to change our seats so that we could sit together and the system would not let me. Furthermore - for our seats on the leg from DC to FRA - we had seats 18H.J and somehow they were changed - automatically to where my husband and I are now on seats30F and 31F When I called Lufthansa - they are telling me that I can no longer have the seats 18 H and J and that no one can book them at all - how is that possible. If the seats are free - why can't you let me have them? I am trying to have a good first vacation with my family - since we had our son 5 months back and this whole experience is leaving such a sour taste in our mouths. We really expected more better service from Lufthansa. You can see more on the thread here - it has been so frustrating!! https://www.facebook.com/lufthansa/p...t=feed_comment

Hi palu07,
while your link doesn't work, my colleagues were able to point me towards your post on Facebook and provided me with the details you sent last week. All bassinet seats are already taken so our hands are tied and there's nothing we can do to help from here. It's also not possible to get your original seats (18 H + J) as they are blocked. These seats are actully always blocked for us so we are a bit surprised that you were able to reserve them in the first place. May I suggest you contact United to see if they can book them for you again, as your ticket is a United Mileage Plus ticket? I also recommend to contact United's Customer Relations department as their agent initially misspelled your child's name. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
Vanessa

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 9, 2013 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Bernie2012 (Post 21927218)
Dear Lurkers,

May I kindly ask you to forward to the gentleman considering the spin off the following privacy statement, it is incidentally from MM website:

We just keep it here for the day it gets potentially "enhanced". This privacy statement along with the fact that LH and MM websites are completely free of any kind of twitter, facebook & co "exploits", gives LH in my opinion a very high credibility. I just want to collect my "discounts" with your company, maintain my status, have an easier time when traveling you and your partner airlines and I do not wish anything else being done with my data other than what I have stated here. If the spin off becomes another intrusive data monster, I clearly wish to be informed about this change in advance and I equally wish an option to just opt out of that data monster then without loosing my "status", I do not wish my personal data being shared or pooled with any other company other then LH Group + LO + SN.

Ps. I would also kindly ask you considering to inform your data protection officer (LH) that he may have a serious chat with your colleagues who run the OS website....(the OS website is opposite to LH's website, inferior in terms of data protection).

Dear Bernie2012,
I can assure you that we take data protection and our customers' privacy very seriously. I will forward your concerns to the responsible department.
Vanessa

Bernie2012 Dec 9, 2013 7:23 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 21931340)
Dear Bernie2012,
I can assure you that we take data protection and our customers' privacy very seriously. I will forward your concerns to the responsible department.
Vanessa

I am absolutely sure that LH does take data protection very serious and that may be rather considered as a unique selling point compared to other main carriers. I just wish that it stays like that.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 9, 2013 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Bernie2012 (Post 21931362)
I am absolutely sure that LH does take data protection very serious and that may be rather considered as a unique selling point compared to other main carriers. I just wish that it stays like that.

Dear Bernie2012,
we have now received further information regarding your inquiery.

No final decision has been made in forming a spin-off of Miles & More within the Lufthansa Group. There are also no plans to sell the customer loyalty program. For Lufthansa, the aspect of customer loyalty and to be close to their loyal passengers is too important. Ownership of the Miles & More program will continue to remain with Lufthansa.

With nearly 25 million members worldwide and more than 300 partner companies the Miles & More program has an important meaning. This growing importance to Lufthansa has caused the passing of a resolution to comprehensively develop the Miles & More organisation. With this background, we will consolidate all associated processes with Miles & More. The aim of the organisational restructuring is to make the Miles & More program more efficient and to promote sustainable and profitable growth and to increase its value.

Vanessa

volta Dec 9, 2013 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Bernie2012 (Post 21927218)
Dear Lurkers,

I just want to voice my support for Bernie's position and that my position is exactly the same.

oliver2002 Dec 10, 2013 2:22 am

Dear Lurkers,
could you let us know what is going on with the A380 with registration D-AIMF? Is it down for a C or D check? Is it getting the new C product?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 10, 2013 9:01 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 21937377)
Dear Lurkers,
could you let us know what is going on with the A380 with registration D-AIMF? Is it down for a C or D check? Is it getting the new C product?

Hello Oliver2002,
investigation is underway - we will up-date you with information as soon as possible.
Isabell

LufthansaFlyer Dec 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Dear Lurkers,

I can confirm that she is indeed getting retrofitted for the new business class, along with some other scheduled repair work. Will be off line for 2-3 weeks apparently....

econprof Dec 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Lost Item

Hi, LH Lurkers...

I lost a personal item on LH 408 (DUS-EWR) today. What is the best way for me to try to track it down?

Thanks!

econprof

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 11, 2013 1:17 am

Originally Posted by econprof (Post 21942852)
Hi, LH Lurkers...

I lost a personal item on LH 408 (DUS-EWR) today. What is the best way for me to try to track it down?

Thanks!

econprof

Hi econprof,
please send me your contact information and a detailed description of the item you lost on board via PN. I'll see what I can do.
Vanessa

LufthansaFlyer Dec 11, 2013 9:25 am

Originally Posted by econprof (Post 21942852)
Hi, LH Lurkers...

Thanks!

econprof

Sent you a PM with contact info for EWR station mgr/ lost & Found.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 16, 2013 8:18 am

Dear Lurkers,

Dear oliver2002,
I've finally heard back from our A380 fleet contact and here's what he told us:
The A380 D-AIMF had been in the hangar for scheduled modification work for the last 7 weeks. Layout of the cabin is still unchanged. Beginning early next year we’ll start equipping our A380 with the new C/CL product and Flynet.
So fare there's no specific date set as to when the re-fitting or our A380s will start.
Vanessa

pindi Dec 17, 2013 9:02 am

Left my Kindle on LH flight this afternoon - am still at FRA

Help - left my Kindle on JFK-FRA flight

Flew LH 405 from JFK-FRA - realized 30 mins after we landed, while in the lounge, that I left my Kindle in Seat 3C. The lounge dragon said nothing could be done, just email and hope they send it back. I have a 9 hr layover - went to service center, who asked me to go out to the check-in area and talk to lost and found. Did so. Was told they do a sweep and will have inventory of lost and found by 6 PM local time. My connecting flight is at 9:30 PM local time. Am at the senator lounge in terminal Z.

Is there anyone online who can help? I'll be calling the lost and found line in an hour at 6:00 PM but am hoping someone here can point me to a better way of retrieving my Kindle. Am on my way to a 2 weeks vacation and dreading the loss of my Kindle.

Help please?!

GBM.flights Dec 19, 2013 4:55 am

What exactly are the Taxes and fees due on award bookings?

Dear Lurkers,

I have 1 question (Q) and 1 request(R):
Q: What exactly are the Taxes and fees due currently on award bookings?
R: Can we please have a breakdown of what we are being charged for during the checkout process while redeeming awards?

Example of the lack of clarity (being debated in a separate thread):
Revenue ticket LHR-FRA-JNB-FRA-LHR: GBP 499.64 (732.12 CHF according to your embedded currency converter):
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-S...+paid+fare.jpg

Same flights/day/route on M&M award flights: 60k miles + 733.50CHF (I'm Swiss based that's what I get with no details):
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-k...no/Thieves.jpg

So in summary I would end up paying 1.5CHF more on top of 60k miles if taking the award instead of a paid fare. How is this even logical?

Thank you!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 20, 2013 6:56 am

Originally Posted by GBM.flights (Post 21992988)
Dear Lurkers,

I have 1 question (Q) and 1 request(R):
Q: What exactly are the Taxes and fees due currently on award bookings?
R: Can we please have a breakdown of what we are being charged for during the checkout process while redeeming awards?

Example of the lack of clarity (being debated in a separate thread):
Revenue ticket LHR-FRA-JNB-FRA-LHR: GBP 499.64 (732.12 CHF according to your embedded currency converter):
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-S...+paid+fare.jpg

Same flights/day/route on M&M award flights: 60k miles + 733.50CHF (I'm Swiss based that's what I get with no details):
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-k...no/Thieves.jpg

So in summary I would end up paying 1.5CHF more on top of 60k miles if taking the award instead of a paid fare. How is this even logical?

Thank you!

Dear GBM.flights
Q:
Award bookings include the same taxes and fees as revenue tickets. The following taxes and fees are being charged for the provided routing irrespective of the ticket type:
FUEL SURCHARGE // AIR PASSENGER DUTY FOR UNITED KINGDOM // PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGE FOR UNITED KINGDOM // AIR TRANSPORT TAX FOR GERMANY // PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGE FOR GERMANY // AIRPORT SECURITY CHARGE FOR GERMANY // SOUTH AFRICA PASSENGER SAFETY CHARGE // PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGE FOR SOUTH AFRICA // PASSENGER SERVICE SECURITY CHARGE FOR SOUTH AFRICA // AIR PASSENGER TAX FOR SOUTH AFRICA.
The amount depends on the airport of departure. On regular rates, we sometimes do have offers for specific routes, where Lufthansa decides to take over the costs of fees and taxes. Exceptions of this type can be made for promotional fares but unfortunately cannot be offered for Miles & More award tickets. I hope this answers your question.
R:
I will forward your request regarding a breakdown of the specific taxes and fees when purchasing a Miles & More ticket.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Stefanie

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 20, 2013 8:28 am

Dear Flyertalkers,

another year has passed – and we truly enjoyed “flyertalking” with you!
It is now time for our annual Christmas leave – but we will be back on January 6th, 2014. As in the past, any remaining open questions will be answered our return to the office.

We wish you a wonderful holiday season and all the best for the new year! Please keep you feedback coming in 2014!

All the best from your Lufthansa Flyertalk Team

htb Dec 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 21999828)
The amount depends on the airport of departure. On regular rates, we sometimes do have offers for specific routes, where Lufthansa decides to take over the costs of fees and taxes. Exceptions of this type can be made for promotional fares but unfortunately cannot be offered for Miles & More award tickets. I hope this answers your question.

A related question. Does Lufthansa believe that it is offering loyal customers a fair value for the accumulated miles when exchanged for a flight award? I'm a bit confused because it's becoming more and more frequent that a flight award costs more in fees and taxes on top of the miles than a regular revenue seat would cost (and for which miles can be earned), and I don't like to do business with companies that seem to take advantage of their customers.

HTB.

Andoreasu Jan 6, 2014 5:48 am

First of all, happy new year!

I hope LH Group will do a better job at giving check-in instructions to third party operators.
Just last saturday for an ALC-BRU (SN) fully booked flight, there were only two desks, the business class check-in indicated only by a lame computer-printed A4 sheet "Premium Check-in", resulting in confusion, where of course economy class passengers were checked-in too, while the only two business class passengers (and with sen status) had to wait...the check-in person also didn't know that 1) biz/sen has the right to a priority luggage tag 2) priority tag is to be attached together with the luggage tag and not placed on the bag with a sticker...(had never seen this before...)
So I understand times are hard, but if even premium passengers (with status, not that it matters) have to endure incompetent personnel resulting in low-cost-style treatment (and it's true for bigger airport not just ALC), I see no reason why I shouldn't switch to AB which had 5 desks and one clearly indicated priority line. Why is it so hard??? :td:

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 7, 2014 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Andoreasu (Post 22094023)
First of all, happy new year!

I hope LH Group will do a better job at giving check-in instructions to third party operators.
Just last saturday for an ALC-BRU (SN) fully booked flight, there were only two desks, the business class check-in indicated only by a lame computer-printed A4 sheet "Premium Check-in", resulting in confusion, where of course economy class passengers were checked-in too, while the only two business class passengers (and with sen status) had to wait...the check-in person also didn't know that 1) biz/sen has the right to a priority luggage tag 2) priority tag is to be attached together with the luggage tag and not placed on the bag with a sticker...(had never seen this before...)
So I understand times are hard, but if even premium passengers (with status, not that it matters) have to endure incompetent personnel resulting in low-cost-style treatment (and it's true for bigger airport not just ALC), I see no reason why I shouldn't switch to AB which had 5 desks and one clearly indicated priority line. Why is it so hard??? :td:

Dear Andoreasu,
I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with Brussels Airlines.
Even though SN is part of the Lufthansa Group, we are only able to handle inquiries regarding Lufthansa Passenger Airlines. May I therefore recommend that you send your feedback to Brussels Airlines?
Stefanie

LM225 Jan 7, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi there,

I've now sent two emails in two weeks about my experience on this flight, and have yet to get a response. Can you help?

Thanks!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 8, 2014 7:14 am

Originally Posted by LM225 (Post 22106901)
Hi there,

I've now sent two emails in two weeks about my experience on this flight, and have yet to get a response. Can you help?

Thanks!

Dear LM225,
I'm sorry that you haven't heard from Customer Relations after you contacted them regarding your flight experience. Unfortunately they are facing a backlog and answers are taking a bit longer. But you can send me your Feedback-ID as private message and I will forward it again and ask my colleagues to get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Jens

LM225 Jan 8, 2014 7:21 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 22110033)
Dear LM225,
I'm sorry that you haven't heard from Customer Relations after you contacted them regarding your flight experience. Unfortunately they are facing a backlog and answers are taking a bit longer. But you can send me your Feedback-ID as private message and I will forward it again and ask my colleagues to get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Jens

PM'ed, thank you.

Germanfflyer Jan 8, 2014 3:31 pm

Hello,

every time I book a UA codeshare ticket with LH flights in it - I am not able to select any seats but hey come back as "requested" which in reality means...no seat assignment - none of the reservation agents are able to help.....what can be done to get seat assignments when buying a UA ticket using LH metal?

oliver2002 Jan 9, 2014 1:15 am

Dear Lurkers,
I'm unable to select seats on a flight booked on a flight number LH with a TP ticket number. The system lets me select a seat, but after saving it, comes back with 'not available':

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/609/6265649421.png
View Screen Capture

I have PMed you the record locator. Can you check what is going on?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 9, 2014 7:26 am

Originally Posted by LM225 (Post 22110066)
PM'ed, thank you.

Dear LM225,
thank you, I received your details and answered you via PM.
Jens

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 9, 2014 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer (Post 22113586)
Hello,

every time I book a UA codeshare ticket with LH flights in it - I am not able to select any seats but hey come back as "requested" which in reality means...no seat assignment - none of the reservation agents are able to help.....what can be done to get seat assignments when buying a UA ticket using LH metal?

Hello Oliver,
my colleagues in the Lufthansa Service Centre can help in this case. There is a special procedure to book seat assignments via so-called “operating PNRs”. With these are the bookings it’s possible to add some service requests like seats and meals to your reservation even if the Lufthansa flight is booked under a United codeshare flight number.
Jens

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 9, 2014 7:27 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 22116159)
Dear Lurkers,
I'm unable to select seats on a flight booked on a flight number LH with a TP ticket number. The system lets me select a seat, but after saving it, comes back with 'not available':

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/609/6265649421.png
View Screen Capture

I have PMed you the record locator. Can you check what is going on?

Hello Oliver2002, I have asked my colleagues in the Service Center to have a look at your booking. The have made a seat reservation on your behalf - this should be visible when you log-in to view your booking. Hope the seat assignment meets your approval. Best regards, Isabell

Germanfflyer Jan 10, 2014 2:40 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 22117392)
Hello Oliver,
my colleagues in the Lufthansa Service Centre can help in this case. There is a special procedure to book seat assignments via so-called “operating PNRs”. With these are the bookings it’s possible to add some service requests like seats and meals to your reservation even if the Lufthansa flight is booked under a United codeshare flight number.
Jens

Hello,

every time I call them they tell me since it is a UA ticket I have to call UA as they too get the "seat requested" message!:mad:
But then UA tells me as LH is operating....they can not assign seats...which I can understand!

I was stuck in an automatic assigned middle seat again!:td:

Could you tell me what the procedure is called so next time which will be in 2 weeks i can try again to have LH assign me a seat on an LH plane...even so the ticket was issued by UA

This is really annoying and I would love to know what I need to tell them so they can not brush me off again.....

Thank you very much for your help - that is really cool!^:cool:

LM225 Jan 13, 2014 6:13 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 22117387)
Dear LM225,
thank you, I received your details and answered you via PM.
Jens

Hi Jens, just sent you a follow-up PM. Still no reply from Customer Service.

Thanks.

SMK77 Jan 13, 2014 7:38 am

Hello Lurkers, welcome back. My first question for this year: When should we expect the new benefits for SEN/HON to be announced?

From spring 2014 Frequent Travellers, Senators and HON Circle Members will be rewarded for more than achieving and retaining their status. During their status term, dependent on the number of flights they take, they will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of additional benefits and privileges.

Details of how status customers can enjoy these extra benefits will be available from next January.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 13, 2014 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer (Post 22124071)
Hello,

every time I call them they tell me since it is a UA ticket I have to call UA as they too get the "seat requested" message!:mad:
But then UA tells me as LH is operating....they can not assign seats...which I can understand!

I was stuck in an automatic assigned middle seat again!:td:

Could you tell me what the procedure is called so next time which will be in 2 weeks i can try again to have LH assign me a seat on an LH plane...even so the ticket was issued by UA

This is really annoying and I would love to know what I need to tell them so they can not brush me off again.....

Thank you very much for your help - that is really cool!^:cool:

Hello Germanfflyer,
it should be enough to tell the agent that he can book the seat assignments via the "operating pnr". This is a procedure which can be used at the moment, but it might happen that it changes in the near future due to some modifications in the reservation system.
Jens

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jan 13, 2014 8:17 am

Originally Posted by LM225 (Post 22143996)
Hi Jens, just sent you a follow-up PM. Still no reply from Customer Service.

Thanks.

Dear LM225,
I just contacted my colleagues and they have sent you an email on the 08th of January, 2014. Have you checked your spam folder?
Stefanie