FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 6, 20 7:31 am


Originally Posted by cas_de (Post 32505081)
Dear Lufthansa Team:

I trust this message finds you well in these challenging times. I am really struggling with clarification of rebooking rules for award tickets that have been canceled due to the Corona shutdown. In my case we are talking about an award itin for 4 pax (Business Class, 3 adults, 1 child) from Germany to Canada, transatlantic services on LH, domestic flights within Canada operated by AC. 5 out of the 6 segments got canceled and when I spoke to the SEN line to park the reservation I was told that the tickets can be rebooked once for free before Dec 31, 2020 for travel until Dec 31, 2021 REGARDLESS of award inventory availability.

Now, the time has come where our new travel dates fall within the 330 day period where you can make reservations and after three calls to the SEN line I got a portfolio of contradictory and presumably fluid rules / statements:
  • Award Inventory needs to be available (agent #2 & #3 ) vs. any revenue booking class in the relevant cabin needs to be available (agent #1 )?
  • Downgrade not possible (X class has availability, I class does not have availability) -> flight cannot be rebooked in a lower class (agent #3 )?
  • Routing can be changed within the same country (agent #1 & #2 ) vs. no route change possible, only a date change is possible (agent #3 )?
  • Itin has to be rebooked to a date where the rebooked first segment is within the original ticket validity period (first segment + 365 days - agent #3 ) vs. ticket will be exchanged to a new ticket valid for one year from date of re-issue (agent #1 ) vs. ticket will be exchanged to a new ticket with validity of one year from date of first segment (agent #?)?
  • Yes, I can see availability for your flights (including segments operated by partners such as AC - agent #3 ) vs. partner availability has not been released for 2021 yet, because of general uncertainty and entry restrictions (agent #3 )?
  • If only X class is available when a ticket is (re-) issued and I class becomes available at a later point in time can the reservation be "upgraded" to I, because the underlying mileage used is for I class?
  • General rebooking conditions per waiver TWP 2011 apply to award bookings, too (agent #2 ) vs. "special" M&M rebooking rules (not specified - agent #3 )?
  • Are the general rules for the awards (# of segments, stopovers, open jaws) fully enforced or is there some flexibility in order to accommodate passengers?

I know you guys struggle big time these days to keep one nostril above the water line, but these inconsistent, sometimes contradictory and not necessarily customer friendly rules make it hard for us as customers to make plans, prevent/avoid refunds and make new reservations.

Any clarification is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,
cas_de

Hi cas_de, Thank you for your extensive feedback. I am unable to provide a solution here, but I will forward your feedback to my colleagues.
For this purpose, feel free to DM us your booking code.
Kind regards, Maria

cas_de Jul 6, 20 9:24 am


Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 32511458)
Hi cas_de, Thank you for your extensive feedback. I am unable to provide a solution here, but I will forward your feedback to my colleagues.
For this purpose, feel free to DM us your booking code.
Kind regards, Maria

Thanks Maria,

I have sent you a PM.

Best regards,
cas_de

dh01 Jul 11, 20 4:58 pm

Voucher value
 
Dear Lurker,

I had several tickets bought through Orbitz,for March, April and May, Business class VIE NYC return, LH MUC JFK Business class return, LH KBP MUC PEK return in First class. All flights were cancelled by LH and OS. I am trying to get clarification. The value of each ticket, can be rebooked for other routes, BUT if the fare is LESS than the original ticket, I do not receive the value any further?
The travel agency is not sure, because it is rather illogical, of a cancelled flight by LH group, that somehow we are not entitled to reutilise the FULL value of the original tickets. Could you please clarify? Thank you!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 13, 20 5:04 am


Originally Posted by dh01 (Post 32524820)
Dear Lurker,

I had several tickets bought through Orbitz,for March, April and May, Business class VIE NYC return, LH MUC JFK Business class return, LH KBP MUC PEK return in First class. All flights were cancelled by LH and OS. I am trying to get clarification. The value of each ticket, can be rebooked for other routes, BUT if the fare is LESS than the original ticket, I do not receive the value any further?
The travel agency is not sure, because it is rather illogical, of a cancelled flight by LH group, that somehow we are not entitled to reutilise the FULL value of the original tickets. Could you please clarify? Thank you!

Hello dh01, if your flights have been cancelled, you are entitled to a full refund which needs to be processed through your travel agency. In regards to your rebooking options, I highly recommend to call my colleagues at the Lufthansa Service Center to verify. We do offer very flexible rebooking options, but each ticket needs to be looked at individually.
Kind regards, Maria

cas_de Jul 13, 20 5:30 am


Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 32511458)
Hi cas_de, Thank you for your extensive feedback. I am unable to provide a solution here, but I will forward your feedback to my colleagues.
For this purpose, feel free to DM us your booking code.
Kind regards, Maria

Thanks for forwarding my input. I was contacted via email where I was told that they can only provide feedback over the phone and not in writing. I did talk to a very knowledgeable lady late last week and most of my questions have been resolved.

Thanks again,
cas_de

florens Jul 18, 20 8:56 am

No lounge access with business class tickets at TLL. LufthansaGermanAirlines can you forward feedback that this is unacceptable and we will take our business elsewhere in the future instead? Thank you.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...099fa92ca.jpeg

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 22, 20 1:08 am


Originally Posted by florens (Post 32540704)
No lounge access with business class tickets at TLL. LufthansaGermanAirlines can you forward feedback that this is unacceptable and we will take our business elsewhere in the future instead? Thank you.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...099fa92ca.jpeg

Hello florens,
after the temporary closure of the Lufthansa lounges because of corona pandemic we are reopening more and more lounges in Germany and at worldwide destinations. A list of these lounges can be found here. Our goal is to reopen a large part of our lounges as soon as possible. In regards to our contract lounges, we have not yet resumed the offer that we have had to suspend for health protection reasons in the past few weeks. We will soon decide in which form we can offer this service again.
Kind regards
Jens

florens Jul 22, 20 2:48 am


Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 32549556)
Hello florens,
after the temporary closure of the Lufthansa lounges because of corona pandemic we are reopening more and more lounges in Germany and at worldwide destinations. A list of these lounges can be found here. Our goal is to reopen a large part of our lounges as soon as possible. In regards to our contract lounges, we have not yet resumed the offer that we have had to suspend for health protection reasons in the past few weeks. We will soon decide in which form we can offer this service again.
Kind regards
Jens

Sounds like an excuse.

roundaboutspain Aug 28, 20 3:17 am

Dear LH Lurker! Unfortunately, I am quite desparate reagrding some refund of a flight which should have taken place at the beginning of April (and was cancelled ...). To get the refund we called the Spanish hotline (since the flight started in Madrid) at the end of March and were told we'd get back the money within max six weeks to the credit card (which didn't happen). After monthly calls in May, June and July, I wrote to LH online in August and we still didn't get any satisfactory reply, just the standard answer that LH is very sorry and there are big delays, and that eventually, we'd get back the money if justified ... since this was a return flight to Canada in Premium Economy the amount is quite substantial for us and I would really appreciate your help or suggestions on how to get the refund. After five months I am really desparate and considering using FairPlane or FlightRight etc. even if this implies losing a lot of money to them.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Aug 31, 20 7:12 am


Originally Posted by roundaboutspain (Post 32635324)
Dear LH Lurker! Unfortunately, I am quite desparate reagrding some refund of a flight which should have taken place at the beginning of April (and was cancelled ...). To get the refund we called the Spanish hotline (since the flight started in Madrid) at the end of March and were told we'd get back the money within max six weeks to the credit card (which didn't happen). After monthly calls in May, June and July, I wrote to LH online in August and we still didn't get any satisfactory reply, just the standard answer that LH is very sorry and there are big delays, and that eventually, we'd get back the money if justified ... since this was a return flight to Canada in Premium Economy the amount is quite substantial for us and I would really appreciate your help or suggestions on how to get the refund. After five months I am really desparate and considering using FairPlane or FlightRight etc. even if this implies losing a lot of money to them.

Dear roundaboutspain,

as much as I can relate to your upset and wish we'd be able to help, there is no option to speed up the process or escalate, I'm sorry! All refund inquiries are currently processed with heavy delay due to an enormously high volume of requests. That situation was not foreseeable a few months ago, hence the deviant answers about the handling. However, this month we've committed to process and pay all refund applications for the first half of the year by the end of August and I assume your case will be followed up as soon as possible, as well. From my side, I can, sadly, only ask for a little bit more patience. Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Katharina


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:28 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.