FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jun 23, 2020 8:10 am

Originally Posted by kttosia (Post 32475769)
Dear LH
In some cases your customer service really sucks.
For one if my tickets I decided to go for a voucher instead of a refund. After 2 weeks of waiting still didn't get the final one but needed to book a flight.
GDN- BRU-GDN departure in 2 weeks.
Called Belgian service- ages on the line no-one picks up
German- all lines are busy, call other time, disconnect
Started to call all over the world till someone picks up.
The price asked for the flight was 3.300 euros in ECONOMY!!! 3.300 for a shorthaul in Europe?! I paid less for a first class ticket to China last year!
Price I saw online on LH website was 230 euros. How is it possible that SCenter tries to take advantage of customers to such a degree?!

Hello kttosia,
I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. While I can't tell you exactly what happened, in some cases, an additional payment might be necessary, e.g. if you change to a higher travel class or if you rebook from a short-haul to a long-haul flight. I can only recommend contacting the Service Center and talking to my colleagues once again so they can retrieve the availability for the desired flights and advise you accordingly. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Heloisa

angelats Jun 24, 2020 1:26 am

Dear Lurker,

Can you clarify, as per my other post on this thread, why passengers are being told that they have to pay extra to be rebooked on a different flight on the same day when LH cancels their original flight? I am a long-standing customer and have never been told that I need to pay for an involuntary rebooking before - until yesterday. If LH cancels the flight, my understanding is that I should be offered an alternative regardless of my fare class! The main reason I am booking with you at the moment (even if cheaper options are available) is precisely because I should have the option of being moved to another flight on the same day if the original flight is cancelled!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jun 26, 2020 4:44 am

Originally Posted by angelats (Post 32480820)
Dear Lurker,

Can you clarify, as per my other post on this thread, why passengers are being told that they have to pay extra to be rebooked on a different flight on the same day when LH cancels their original flight? I am a long-standing customer and have never been told that I need to pay for an involuntary rebooking before - until yesterday. If LH cancels the flight, my understanding is that I should be offered an alternative regardless of my fare class! The main reason I am booking with you at the moment (even if cheaper options are available) is precisely because I should have the option of being moved to another flight on the same day if the original flight is cancelled!

Hi angelats,

sorry to hear that! For a better understanding of the situation, kindly provide me with your booking reference and the full names of all passengers in a DM. I will ask my colleagues in the Service Center about your case.

Best regards,

Markus

Alec84 Jun 30, 2020 2:13 am

I have a flight booking coming up next week and LH cancelled one of my flights. None of the call centers are answering and I simply don't have the time to be calling many hours every day. How do I proceed?

Nick Art Jun 30, 2020 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Alec84 (Post 32495647)
I have a flight booking coming up next week and LH cancelled one of my flights. None of the call centers are answering and I simply don't have the time to be calling many hours every day. How do I proceed?

Keep trying.
LH just cancelled flights throughout their whole summer schedule, so I expect the lines to be very busy.

Maybe try and call some of the foreign lines or try calling in the night or early morning.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jun 30, 2020 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Alec84 (Post 32495647)

Dear Alec84,

I`m sorry to hear about the flight cancelation.

Due to the current situation the lines may be busy. If you can't reach my colleagues by now, please try again later in short regular intervals.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Alec84 Jun 30, 2020 11:13 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 32495954)
Dear Alec84,

I`m sorry to hear about the flight cancelation.

Due to the current situation the lines may be busy. If you can't reach my colleagues by now, please try again later in short regular intervals.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Jonathan

The time I can use for calling is very limited, so I'll ask you a few questions here, which will hopefully save time if I ever get through to a phone agent who might be incompetent (as they often are). I want to cancel the trip. Voucher is fine, but I have two conditions: a) voucher can be used to pay any future flights, not the same route I'm cancelling b) there is a 50e bonus on a separate voucher. Did I understand correctly that these conditions can be met? Otherwise I'll have to go for a cash refund.

Thanks!

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 1, 2020 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Alec84 (Post 32496846)
The time I can use for calling is very limited, so I'll ask you a few questions here, which will hopefully save time if I ever get through to a phone agent who might be incompetent (as they often are). I want to cancel the trip. Voucher is fine, but I have two conditions: a) voucher can be used to pay any future flights, not the same route I'm cancelling b) there is a 50e bonus on a separate voucher. Did I understand correctly that these conditions can be met? Otherwise I'll have to go for a cash refund.

Thanks!

Hello Alex84,
you can use the FlightVoucher until 31.12.2021 and the route does not need to be the same.
The 50 Euro discount can be used on a new booking which is made up to and including 31. August 2020. In this case the journey must begin by 31. December 2020. More information about the voucher can be found here on our Homepage.
Best regards
Jens

robbie405 Jul 1, 2020 3:45 pm

I have a LH voucher (against a trip LHR - MUC - PEK) and I am unclear when I can redeem it
There is conflicting advice on validity of the Flight Voucher

The Lufathansa voucher FAQ site says:
"You can redeem your FlightVoucher at any time until 31.12.2021 for one or more new bookings. This means you can decide at leisure when you would like to fly and use your FlightVoucher."

However the Terms of Use for FlightVoucher says:
"In order to have the FlightVoucher credited when rebooking, users must have rebooked his ticket up to and including 31.08.2020, whereby the new confirmed departure date may not be later than 31.12.2020".

My voucher says:
"Valid for travel until Dec 31, 2020
Redeemable until Aug 31, 2020"

I don't really want to travel until 2021 and want to wait to book later than 31 August. I am not concerned about the 50 EUR discount. I am not clear what the final date for validity or booking is - will this be clarified in the future

Thanks

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 2, 2020 6:53 am

Originally Posted by robbie405 (Post 32500431)
I have a LH voucher (against a trip LHR - MUC - PEK) and I am unclear when I can redeem it
There is conflicting advice on validity of the Flight Voucher

The Lufathansa voucher FAQ site says:
"You can redeem your FlightVoucher at any time until 31.12.2021 for one or more new bookings. This means you can decide at leisure when you would like to fly and use your FlightVoucher."

However the Terms of Use for FlightVoucher says:
"In order to have the FlightVoucher credited when rebooking, users must have rebooked his ticket up to and including 31.08.2020, whereby the new confirmed departure date may not be later than 31.12.2020".

My voucher says:
"Valid for travel until Dec 31, 2020
Redeemable until Aug 31, 2020"

I don't really want to travel until 2021 and want to wait to book later than 31 August. I am not concerned about the 50 EUR discount. I am not clear what the final date for validity or booking is - will this be clarified in the future

Thanks

Hi robbie405,

there are two flight vouchers. One with 50 Euro discount and the other one without the discount.

You may rebook your ticket until 31th of January 2021 to a new date of travel in 2021. We will waive the rebooking fee. If your booked tariff is no longer available, the fare difference needs to be paid.

Best regards,
Jonathan

robbie405 Jul 2, 2020 7:46 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 32501862)
Hi robbie405,

there are two flight vouchers. One with 50 Euro discount and the other one without the discount.

You may rebook your ticket until 31th of January 2021 to a new date of travel in 2021. We will waive the rebooking fee. If your booked tariff is no longer available, the fare difference needs to be paid.

Best regards,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan
. I was not aware that there were two voucher systems as that wasn't clear in the application. That means with the one I have now I will have to travel by 31.12.20 and book by 31.08.20. Could I call to have my voucher changed to the other voucher valid to 31.12.21?

fkl Jul 2, 2020 10:29 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 32495954)

Do you have some recommendations for that? I called like 50 times already today. On the German line, do I need to wait out the whole 1:42 minutes announcement until you disconnect or can I hang up immediately after I hear "due to high call volume all lines are busy"? I got a flight on Tuesday that got cancelled and can't be changed online (there is a similar connecting flight that I'd like to take instead) so this is pretty annoying

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 3, 2020 5:49 am

Originally Posted by robbie405 (Post 32501982)
Thanks Jonathan
. I was not aware that there were two voucher systems as that wasn't clear in the application. That means with the one I have now I will have to travel by 31.12.20 and book by 31.08.20. Could I call to have my voucher changed to the other voucher valid to 31.12.21?

Hello robbie405,
please call my colleagues in the Service Center and they will be able to assist you.
Best regards
Jens

LufthansaGermanAirlines Jul 3, 2020 5:50 am

Originally Posted by fkl (Post 32502448)
Do you have some recommendations for that? I called like 50 times already today. On the German line, do I need to wait out the whole 1:42 minutes announcement until you disconnect or can I hang up immediately after I hear "due to high call volume all lines are busy"? I got a flight on Tuesday that got cancelled and can't be changed online (there is a similar connecting flight that I'd like to take instead) so this is pretty annoying

Hello fkl,
I'm sorry that it's difficult to get through to my colleagues in the Service Center. Unfortunately, there is not special time that I can tell for a lower call volume. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Best regards
Jens

cas_de Jul 3, 2020 10:37 am

Dear Lufthansa Team:

I trust this message finds you well in these challenging times. I am really struggling with clarification of rebooking rules for award tickets that have been canceled due to the Corona shutdown. In my case we are talking about an award itin for 4 pax (Business Class, 3 adults, 1 child) from Germany to Canada, transatlantic services on LH, domestic flights within Canada operated by AC. 5 out of the 6 segments got canceled and when I spoke to the SEN line to park the reservation I was told that the tickets can be rebooked once for free before Dec 31, 2020 for travel until Dec 31, 2021 REGARDLESS of award inventory availability.

Now, the time has come where our new travel dates fall within the 330 day period where you can make reservations and after three calls to the SEN line I got a portfolio of contradictory and presumably fluid rules / statements:
  • Award Inventory needs to be available (agent #2 & #3 ) vs. any revenue booking class in the relevant cabin needs to be available (agent #1 )?
  • Downgrade not possible (X class has availability, I class does not have availability) -> flight cannot be rebooked in a lower class (agent #3 )?
  • Routing can be changed within the same country (agent #1 & #2 ) vs. no route change possible, only a date change is possible (agent #3 )?
  • Itin has to be rebooked to a date where the rebooked first segment is within the original ticket validity period (first segment + 365 days - agent #3 ) vs. ticket will be exchanged to a new ticket valid for one year from date of re-issue (agent #1 ) vs. ticket will be exchanged to a new ticket with validity of one year from date of first segment (agent #?)?
  • Yes, I can see availability for your flights (including segments operated by partners such as AC - agent #3 ) vs. partner availability has not been released for 2021 yet, because of general uncertainty and entry restrictions (agent #3 )?
  • If only X class is available when a ticket is (re-) issued and I class becomes available at a later point in time can the reservation be "upgraded" to I, because the underlying mileage used is for I class?
  • General rebooking conditions per waiver TWP 2011 apply to award bookings, too (agent #2 ) vs. "special" M&M rebooking rules (not specified - agent #3 )?
  • Are the general rules for the awards (# of segments, stopovers, open jaws) fully enforced or is there some flexibility in order to accommodate passengers?

I know you guys struggle big time these days to keep one nostril above the water line, but these inconsistent, sometimes contradictory and not necessarily customer friendly rules make it hard for us as customers to make plans, prevent/avoid refunds and make new reservations.

Any clarification is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,
cas_de