Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2020, 5:49 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi,
I would like to know how long Miles&More award ticket refunds are taking at the moment. I had a ticket cancelled by the airline for travel this month: I called Miles&More a couple of week ago and the agent said he would process a full refund of the taxes back to original form of payment, and redeposit the miles to my M&M account. Haven't received either so far, thanks.
Hi Mister P.,

as a very high amount of tickets is currently processed, we are unable to provide you with a time frame, unfortunately. Your patience is highly appreciated, as all refunds are initiated continuously. My apologies for the inconvenience caused!

Best regards,

Markus
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Dear Team, can you please have a look at my recent post in the LH forum:

LH cancels my booking - without letting me know (flight operating)
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Duck1981
Dear Team, can you please have a look at my recent post in the LH forum:

LH cancels my booking - without letting me know (flight operating)
Hello Duck1981, kindly understand that we do not monitor other threads in this forum. Feel free to ask your question in this thread directly. Thank you. Maria
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Hi All

I regard myself as a, well at least fairly, frequent traveller but I had the following overly frustrating experience today:

- booked a flight LHR-MUC mid May
- thought I go slightly wild and paid for a cash upgrade after booking into J from Eco light
- end of May might flights got cancelled due to a schedule change, called up the call center and got rebooked. Agent mentioned to me that he was able to rebook me directly into the same booking class, so Business (Z)
- a few days later I received an email from LH to call the call center urgently, comes out agent made a mistake and they cannot book me automatically into Business, so they re-issued the ticket under the original fare, hence Eco light. Cash upgrade got refunded (they actually did after a week) and this time I thought ok I'll stay in Eco given the light load factors.

So far so good. Received various emails about inflight offerings, check manage my bookings, was asked to submit offerings for potential upgrades, etc. Emails came in until yesterday.

Flight to leave today. Tried to check in today, got message 'booking not found'. Got concerned and called the UK call center. Reached agent, he put me on music and hung up after 10min of checking whats going on. Reached the German call center - was told that my ticket was requested to be refunded 4th June (which was around the time of the rebooking).

Asked what LH can do, answer nothing as ticket was already refunded. No offer to reinstate booking, flight price today for a return this week 600 GBP vs the 134 of my original ticket. So in the end, i am still in London despite flying to MUC today.

Quite a poor experience - can you have a look into this? For sure I'll stick with my BA Gold card though.

[just do add: I have NEVER requested a refund and NEVER received a cancellation confirmation]
Old Jun 18, 2020, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Duck1981
Hi All

I regard myself as a, well at least fairly, frequent traveller but I had the following overly frustrating experience today:

- booked a flight LHR-MUC mid May
- thought I go slightly wild and paid for a cash upgrade after booking into J from Eco light
- end of May might flights got cancelled due to a schedule change, called up the call center and got rebooked. Agent mentioned to me that he was able to rebook me directly into the same booking class, so Business (Z)
- a few days later I received an email from LH to call the call center urgently, comes out agent made a mistake and they cannot book me automatically into Business, so they re-issued the ticket under the original fare, hence Eco light. Cash upgrade got refunded (they actually did after a week) and this time I thought ok I'll stay in Eco given the light load factors.

So far so good. Received various emails about inflight offerings, check manage my bookings, was asked to submit offerings for potential upgrades, etc. Emails came in until yesterday.

Flight to leave today. Tried to check in today, got message 'booking not found'. Got concerned and called the UK call center. Reached agent, he put me on music and hung up after 10min of checking whats going on. Reached the German call center - was told that my ticket was requested to be refunded 4th June (which was around the time of the rebooking).

Asked what LH can do, answer nothing as ticket was already refunded. No offer to reinstate booking, flight price today for a return this week 600 GBP vs the 134 of my original ticket. So in the end, i am still in London despite flying to MUC today.

Quite a poor experience - can you have a look into this? For sure I'll stick with my BA Gold card though.

[just do add: I have NEVER requested a refund and NEVER received a cancellation confirmation]
Dear Duck1981,

I'm really sorry to hear of the upsetting experience and apologize for you being affected by the schedule change and having the rebooking handled so poorly! Turns out you are without any valid flight booking to use, at all. This, most definitely, is not standard practice and I wish we would have found a more satisfying way to solve the case instead of leaving it at confirming the cancellation, only. It is correct and a re-installation of a flight itinerary is possible only if the ticket still waits to be refunded and would require the authorization and consultation with a supervisor by one of our Service Center colleagues. Has that been denied for good? Once, the refund has been taken care of, there is, indeed, no other way than making a new booking. Any sort of reimbursement for the wrongdoing would then need to be discussed with Customer Relations and requires to submit your feedback via our website. You are welcome to send us the booking code or ticket number so we, as Social Media Team, can have another glance at what happened. However, considering you've been advised about the final refund already, I'm afraid that there is no option for us left to assist, as much as we would like to make up for the disappointment.

Best, Katharina
Old Jun 18, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello raji,
I'm sorry to hear that your flight was cancelled. Generally, authentication is necessary when performing an award cancellation. A cancellation confirmation by email is normally also possible. While I am unable to tell from here what happened in this case, I can only advise contacting Miles & More once again so my colleagues can have a look at your booking and let you know if the cancellation was correctly processed. If you would like to provide us with a feedback about your experience, I recommend contacting my colleagues from Customer Relations.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
I Contacted miles n More team online 10 June & got reply on 11 June that refund is under process . I have not received Award miles till today. Please note that I need to book Award ticket for flight in different destination ( for month of May 2021) , & I find award availability , it shall be great that my refund of award miles is expedited less availability may change. Please advise how to proceed.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Hi guys, you broke my connection. I Was due to fly SOF-MUC-SFO on 3 JUL, but now the evening flight has been moved to the morning. The flight from SOF doesn't make it to make the connection workable
The SFO flight departs MUC at 12:20 - that seems to be super early for a flight like that. I realize you're probably trying to provide all the return connections when the plane comes back to MUC, but this also means that those of
Old Jun 19, 2020, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Palal
Hi guys, you broke my connection. I Was due to fly SOF-MUC-SFO on 3 JUL, but now the evening flight has been moved to the morning. The flight from SOF doesn't make it to make the connection workable
The SFO flight departs MUC at 12:20 - that seems to be super early for a flight like that. I realize you're probably trying to provide all the return connections when the plane comes back to MUC, but this also means that those of
Dear Palal, I am sorry to hear that your booking was affected by a schedule change. As we're not able to assist you with a rebooking here on Flyertalk, please contact my colleagues in the Service Center, they will be happy to help you look for alternatives. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Jun 21, 2020, 7:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers,
my neighbour was booked on a LH flight operated by EW/XG from LAS-MUC which went horribly wrong in March and she made it home a day late. She filed a claim with EW who denied it saying the flight was operated on behalf of LH, so she should talk to LH CR for any claims. After two months, there is no response from LH CR so far. The Feedback ID is 34215413. Can you take a look and ask CR if they could respond?

Thank you for your help!

Regards Oliver
Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Dear Lurker,

In February I booked a one-way DTM-MUC-WRO flight for May 4th (DTM-MUC on Eurowings and MUC-WRO on Lufthansa, in C) as an award flight through Miles & More. At some point in April I got an email about getting rebooked to a useless CGN-MUC flight with the second leg non-existing, so I called the Miles & More hotline and was offered to choose between a rebooking and a refund, but was told "refunds are withheld at the moment, you'll need to wait an unspecified amount of time". I chose the refund anyway, since there's no way to know if I'm doing the Dortmund trip any time in the foreseeable future.

I understand it was supposed to be "an unspecified amount of time", but it's been more than two months, and neither the award miles nor the money spent on taxes for that award are back to my M&M and bank accounts.

When will I hear from Lufthansa/Eurowings/Miles & More about this?
Old Jun 22, 2020, 12:55 am

Dear Lurker,

Can you confirm we will be able to redeem the Flight Voucher online before it expires on August 31st 2020?

Progress has certainly be made with your teams "working at full speed" since this voucher system was started 3 months ago...

Can I redeem the FlightVoucher online? We are working at full speed on an online solution and will send you further information on this by email in the coming weeks
Not only did I have to wait for ages to get an agent but prices quoted by the call centre and those visible online were different - and you bet it, call centre asking for more.

Thanks
kttosia likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear Lurkers,
my neighbour was booked on a LH flight operated by EW/XG from LAS-MUC which went horribly wrong in March and she made it home a day late. She filed a claim with EW who denied it saying the flight was operated on behalf of LH, so she should talk to LH CR for any claims. After two months, there is no response from LH CR so far. The Feedback ID is 34215413. Can you take a look and ask CR if they could respond?

Thank you for your help!

Regards Oliver

Hallo Oliver,

die Beschwerde ist bei Customer Relations eingegangen.
Aufgrund der sehr hohen Anzahl an Anfragen, dauert die Bearbeitung länger als gewöhnlich. Wir können die Prozesse von Customer Relations nicht beschleunigen. Ich bitte noch um etwas Geduld.

Viele Grüße
Sascha
Old Jun 22, 2020, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by marcoos
Dear Lurker,

In February I booked a one-way DTM-MUC-WRO flight for May 4th (DTM-MUC on Eurowings and MUC-WRO on Lufthansa, in C) as an award flight through Miles & More. At some point in April I got an email about getting rebooked to a useless CGN-MUC flight with the second leg non-existing, so I called the Miles & More hotline and was offered to choose between a rebooking and a refund, but was told "refunds are withheld at the moment, you'll need to wait an unspecified amount of time". I chose the refund anyway, since there's no way to know if I'm doing the Dortmund trip any time in the foreseeable future.

I understand it was supposed to be "an unspecified amount of time", but it's been more than two months, and neither the award miles nor the money spent on taxes for that award are back to my M&M and bank accounts.

When will I hear from Lufthansa/Eurowings/Miles & More about this?

Hello Marcos,

refunds are being processed but due to the very high amount of requests, the andling takes longer than usual.
We cannot give a time frame at the moment. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Sascha
Old Jun 22, 2020, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by fereke
Dear Lurker,

Can you confirm we will be able to redeem the Flight Voucher online before it expires on August 31st 2020?

Progress has certainly be made with your teams "working at full speed" since this voucher system was started 3 months ago...

Not only did I have to wait for ages to get an agent but prices quoted by the call centre and those visible online were different - and you bet it, call centre asking for more.

Thanks

Hello Fereke,

the flight voucher can be requested online on our website. A redemption online is currently not possible.
My apologies for that.

Best regards,
Sascha
Old Jun 22, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: LH Senator
Outrageous prices via service center!

Dear LH
In some cases your customer service really sucks.
For one if my tickets I decided to go for a voucher instead of a refund. After 2 weeks of waiting still didn't get the final one but needed to book a flight.
GDN- BRU-GDN departure in 2 weeks.
Called Belgian service- ages on the line no-one picks up
German- all lines are busy, call other time, disconnect
Started to call all over the world till someone picks up.
The price asked for the flight was 3.300 euros in ECONOMY!!! 3.300 for a shorthaul in Europe?! I paid less for a first class ticket to China last year!
Price I saw online on LH website was 230 euros. How is it possible that SCenter tries to take advantage of customers to such a degree?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.