FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

montezume Apr 3, 20 3:16 pm

Hi Jens,

Thanks for taking part in this community and for answering our questions. I booked two A class (First) tickets from AMS to JNB via ZRH during the last companion sale. My outbound flight was cancelled a few days ago. I called this afternoon to try to change my travel dates. I understand that it's difficult to refund consumers right now. I talked to an agent at Swiss, and she looked up dates for me, and told me that I needed to pay the fare difference (in my case, around 2000 euros). She told me the policy was that in order to change without fare difference, the new dates had to be 7 days before or 7 days after the cancelled date. I told her that the LH group is flying zero flights to South Africa during this 14 day period, so in my case, it's impossible to use this policy. It's frustrating, because I have seen on this forum, and on the "German Flyertalk", that some customers have been allowed to change their tickets without fare difference.

I'm scratching my head right now, and feel really stupid. I booked first class tickets that can't be used as first class tickets. I can either spend thousands of euros to change the dates, or I can change my flight to business class, and give up the left over value of my tickets. Either way I'm losing.

May I suggest that if the LH group isn't willing to allow us to change without fare difference, that they offer us instead of vouchers, "gift cards"? If I could use the whole value of my tickets at my convenience, I would be happy enough with that option during these uncertain times.

ichigen Apr 5, 20 11:03 pm

I purchase a ticket from LH but unfortunately had to cancel it due to the travel restrictions due to COVID-19.
It was canceled on March 6 and I received email notification of the cancellation from LH on that day.
However, I still have not seen reimbursement for the ticket purchase from LH to the credit card account
which I used for buying the ticket from LH. I did cancel it, I mean, not travel credit with LH
A month has passed already, it is quite late, for example, compared to the cases with UA,
which took less than two weeks to receive the reimbursement .

LufthansaGermanAirlines Apr 6, 20 8:10 am


Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 32260181)
Heloisa,

All I am asking is for you to clarify the comments made by your colleague Jens. The link you provided does not mention what Jens said, which to remind you was "The option to rebook free of charge without fare difference applies in case of a flight cancellation from our side."

Can you please clarify that those pax with flight cancelled by LH can rebook without a fare difference?

For context, the understanding of those of us here is that cancelled flights can only be rebooked in the same RBD with a discount of up-to 50 EUR if the fare is higher. This is at odds with Jens's reply.

I would like you to feedback to Management that PLL LOT policy is to permit rebooking to any date, one year from departure, with no fare difference for cancelled flights. We would all be grateful if LH were to follow LOT and offer such a generous and passenger friendly rebooking procedure.

Many thanks again.

Hi hugolover,

we have forwarded your request to the specific department and will come back to you once we have an update for you.

Kind regards,

Markus

LufthansaGermanAirlines Apr 6, 20 8:11 am


Originally Posted by ichigen (Post 32268081)
I purchase a ticket from LH but unfortunately had to cancel it due to the travel restrictions due to COVID-19.
It was canceled on March 6 and I received email notification of the cancellation from LH on that day.
However, I still have not seen reimbursement for the ticket purchase from LH to the credit card account
which I used for buying the ticket from LH. I did cancel it, I mean, not travel credit with LH
A month has passed already, it is quite late, for example, compared to the cases with UA,
which took less than two weeks to receive the reimbursement .

Hello ichigen,

as my colleagues are currently handling an unusual high amount of requests, needing to be initiated manually, your patience is highly appreciated. We are currently unable to provide you with a specific time frame, unfortunately.

Kind regards,

Markus

ichigen Apr 9, 20 3:19 am

Thanks for replying itself, but very disappointing; no useful information at all.
I still don't see the refund transaction on my credit card account.

angelats Apr 9, 20 6:05 am

ichigen I've been waiting four weeks now (when I cancelled three lots of flights) as well. It's very frustrating.

supine Apr 14, 20 4:55 am

My cancellation was triggered on March 18th. Still waiting for the actual refund to be paid out.

LHSebi Apr 16, 20 12:59 am


Originally Posted by supine (Post 32291642)
My cancellation was triggered on March 18th. Still waiting for the actual refund to be paid out.

Ditto, but for March 11th...

progapanda Apr 17, 20 1:27 pm

I can understand and am sympathetic to delays if manual processing is involved due to an unexpected flight cancellation on a non-refundable fares. However, Lufthansa isn't refunding passengers on refundable fares either (8 weeks and waiting), which is a serious breach of trust. The whole point of paying more for a refundable fare is flexibility and clear expectations around cash refunds!

I'm only one individual passenger out of the millions Lufthansa serves, and as much as I support a return to more normal times for the airline industry and all of its employees, I will say that the Lufthansa brand has lost a lot credibility with me for the future. I wish you good luck.


Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 32268959)
Hello ichigen,

as my colleagues are currently handling an unusual high amount of requests, needing to be initiated manually, your patience is highly appreciated. We are currently unable to provide you with a specific time frame, unfortunately.

Kind regards,

Markus


hugolover Apr 21, 20 9:10 am


Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 32268958)
Hi hugolover,

we have forwarded your request to the specific department and will come back to you once we have an update for you.

Kind regards,

Markus

Hi Markus,

15 days since your post and this matter needs to be clarified expediently.

Many thanks.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Apr 22, 20 6:01 am


Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 32311937)
Hi Markus,

15 days since your post and this matter needs to be clarified expediently.

Many thanks.

Hi hugolover,

there are many factors that needs to be observed.

I recommend to give my colleagues in the Service Center a call - they are able to have a look at your booking and will offer you the best available option.

Best regards,
Jonathan

raji Apr 24, 20 12:41 pm

Hi Markus,

I have booked 2 award tickets for MUC-DEL ( Travel date in June 2020) , in month of Jan from miles n more website . These tickets were Business Flex( 56000 miles + 129 euro per ticket) . It was for flight on Lot Polish.
Now I need to cancel both these tickets. Please advise
1) how to proceed : I do not seen online cancellation option.
2) After how many days of cancellation confirmation , I shall get Miles in my account
3) After how many days of cancellation , I shall get taxes /surcharge etc paid by me into my Credit card account.
4) Do you advise me to wait till Airline cancel this flight - in this scenario I shall save penalty of 50 euro per ticket , but there is risk - My refund of miles & Cash shall be delayed too much .... may get trapped in rare risk of Lufthansa... going into bankruptcy .

Please advise.
Many Thanks

YuropFlyer Apr 24, 20 3:19 pm

Considering just 129 (plus 50) are at risk - the miles would be near-worthless in case of LH gone, I'd just wait. high chance the flight will be cancelled in a few weeks time. I doubt very much that the flight will happen.

IF LH Group goes belly up, then even a today-refunded ticket might not be paid out and become later part of the bankruptcy assets.

In any way, sit tight and wait.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Apr 27, 20 6:10 am


Originally Posted by raji (Post 32321630)
Hi Markus,

I have booked 2 award tickets for MUC-DEL ( Travel date in June 2020) , in month of Jan from miles n more website . These tickets were Business Flex( 56000 miles + 129 euro per ticket) . It was for flight on Lot Polish.
Now I need to cancel both these tickets. Please advise
1) how to proceed : I do not seen online cancellation option.
2) After how many days of cancellation confirmation , I shall get Miles in my account
3) After how many days of cancellation , I shall get taxes /surcharge etc paid by me into my Credit card account.
4) Do you advise me to wait till Airline cancel this flight - in this scenario I shall save penalty of 50 euro per ticket , but there is risk - My refund of miles & Cash shall be delayed too much .... may get trapped in rare risk of Lufthansa... going into bankruptcy .

Please advise.
Many Thanks

Hi raji,

flights that have not been cancelled by the airline will need to be refunded in accordance to the fare conditions. If those allow for a cancellation against fee/ free of charge, I'd suggest to call the Service Center to have our colleagues there initiate the refund. There is no online option to proceed with the cancellation. Kindly mind, that all refund requests, for regular tickets just as award tickets, are currently handled with a heavy delay due to an extraordinarily high amount of inquiries. Hence, at this point, we cannot give more specific information on when to expect to have miles and taxes/ surcharge returned.

Best wishes, Katharina

raji Apr 27, 20 12:52 pm


Originally Posted by YuropFlyer (Post 32322091)
Considering just 129 (plus 50) are at risk - the miles would be near-worthless in case of LH gone, I'd just wait. high chance the flight will be cancelled in a few weeks time. I doubt very much that the flight will happen.

IF LH Group goes belly up, then even a today-refunded ticket might not be paid out and become later part of the bankruptcy assets.

In any way, sit tight and wait.

Thank you , I think it seems to be better option - to wait till Lufthansa cancel this flight.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:48 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.