Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Reply

Old Nov 22, 12, 6:39 am
  #211  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 843
Originally Posted by htb View Post
I believe your colleagues are either lying to you or they are incompentent.

It didn't take me more than 3 minutes to find a "Business Z-fare" in Z (FRA-MXP-FRA on 12/11, return 12/18) that is advertised with 2000 miles in the booking process (flight selection step).

Is LH really that keen on further lawsuits?

HTB.
Hello htb,

from September 1st 2012, you receive a flatrate of 1250 miles per direction on innereuropean crossborder flights for Business Z fares (equalling 100% of the miles), therefore you will be able to earn 2500 miles for the flight FRA-MXP-FRA in case you travel in Z. In case you choose Business Class fares C,D and J, this will enable you to earn 4000 miles for the same return flight. As I do not know exactly if this is what you are referring to, you are also welcome to contact my colleagues from the web support http://f.lh.com/sgch to verify this matter.
Maria
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 12, 11:48 am
  #212  
htb
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Programs: LH FTL (soft landing), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold
Posts: 4,566
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Hello htb,

from September 1st 2012, you receive a flatrate of 1250 miles per direction on innereuropean crossborder flights for Business Z fares (equalling 100% of the miles), therefore you will be able to earn 2500 miles for the flight FRA-MXP-FRA in case you travel in Z. In case you choose Business Class fares C,D and J, this will enable you to earn 4000 miles for the same return flight. As I do not know exactly if this is what you are referring to, you are also welcome to contact my colleagues from the web support http://f.lh.com/sgch to verify this matter.
Maria
Dear Maria,

I know all of what you said. However, your website displays 2000 miles per segment for the flight, which is simply false. If it's not intentional, it's incompetent because -- as you say -- the change was made on September 1st and announced way before that.

As I said -- it took me less than three minutes to find this example, but your IT department claims that everything is in order.

HTB.
htb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 12, 3:08 pm
  #213  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: AMS
Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Posts: 840
Originally Posted by htb View Post
Dear Maria,

I know all of what you said. However, your website displays 2000 miles per segment for the flight, which is simply false. If it's not intentional, it's incompetent because -- as you say -- the change was made on September 1st and announced way before that.

As I said -- it took me less than three minutes to find this example, but your IT department claims that everything is in order.

HTB.
Dear htb,

Why waste your time on this, we will only get evasive answers. The website is simply customer misleading, just like codesharing booking classes (haven't heard anything sensible anymore from LGA from that....) Shame nobody would take LH to court for this, I bet then they'd improve the site then. Just my 2 pence.
FlyinDutchman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 12, 3:21 am
  #214  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Programs: LH*S (LX), TK*G
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Hi rgee,

when sending your Miles & More number via PM, could you kindly add one or two booking codes of your previous flights to BUD? My colleague can then have a closer look at them and should be able to provide you with a more accurate answer.

Thanks again.
Stefanie
Thank you for looking into this issue, I've sent you some past and future booking codes via PM.

Gergely
rgee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 12, 1:08 am
  #215  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Germany
Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Posts: 952
No direct contact / long answer times

Hi there,

I don't want to solve my current open issue, but raise the question why LH/M&M is not able to provide a direct contact for tricky issues and or takes "ages" to reply only to have the customer tell his story over and over again because there's a new agent.
I had asked over and over again for a direct contact for my issue (open since the beginning of 2012!) but was not able to receive it - instead I have to fight with email and/or fax to always include all the details, because "hey there's always a new agent".
I understand that LH/M&M wants to be flexible and effective in terms of their communication and "standard requests" - but once you reach a point in an issue it's better to have someone on the phone to talk to (and I don't mean the hotline, as there is also always a new agent or someone telling you to just wait - been there done that).

Cheers
TheAirman
TheAirman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 12, 1:46 am
  #216  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 86
Hi

I wonder if you can help.

I was flying FRA-SIN on 6th of Oct. As I was told there was a huge luggage system failure at FRA and I end up without my baggage for 3 and half day. I called Lufthansa office and I was told I can buy some necessary stuff and I will be repaid for that. I made a claim in order to get those money back and this claim was registered (as I have got feedback number). But that was more than one month ago and I think I was told they have up to 1 month to answer such claimss. I wonder if someone can tell me what I should do in order to speed it up.

Thank you
anwan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 12, 10:14 am
  #217  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 843
Originally Posted by anwan View Post
Hi

I wonder if you can help.

I was flying FRA-SIN on 6th of Oct. As I was told there was a huge luggage system failure at FRA and I end up without my baggage for 3 and half day. I called Lufthansa office and I was told I can buy some necessary stuff and I will be repaid for that. I made a claim in order to get those money back and this claim was registered (as I have got feedback number). But that was more than one month ago and I think I was told they have up to 1 month to answer such claimss. I wonder if someone can tell me what I should do in order to speed it up.

Thank you
Hi anwan, would you like to send me your feedback ID number via PM? Iíll contact Customer Relations to see whatís going on. Vanessa
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 12, 10:16 am
  #218  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 843
Originally Posted by TheAirman View Post
Hi there,

I don't want to solve my current open issue, but raise the question why LH/M&M is not able to provide a direct contact for tricky issues and or takes "ages" to reply only to have the customer tell his story over and over again because there's a new agent.
I had asked over and over again for a direct contact for my issue (open since the beginning of 2012!) but was not able to receive it - instead I have to fight with email and/or fax to always include all the details, because "hey there's always a new agent".
I understand that LH/M&M wants to be flexible and effective in terms of their communication and "standard requests" - but once you reach a point in an issue it's better to have someone on the phone to talk to (and I don't mean the hotline, as there is also always a new agent or someone telling you to just wait - been there done that).

Cheers
TheAirman
Hi TheAirman,

while I understand where youíre coming from and also that it can get a bit frustrating to always start from scratch with a new agent, there are of course also advantages to not being assigned to a single agent, such as the possibility of a 24-hours-service.
I will of course gladly contact Miles and More to see if thereís anything I can do to help regarding your case. Would you please send me your Miles & More card number and all relevant information via PM?

Kind regards, Vanessa
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 12, 10:22 am
  #219  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 843
Originally Posted by htb View Post
Dear Maria,

I know all of what you said. However, your website displays 2000 miles per segment for the flight, which is simply false. If it's not intentional, it's incompetent because -- as you say -- the change was made on September 1st and announced way before that.

As I said -- it took me less than three minutes to find this example, but your IT department claims that everything is in order.

HTB.
Hello htb,

I will forward your feedback to the respective department.

Maria
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 12, 10:23 am
  #220  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 843
Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman View Post
Dear htb,

Why waste your time on this, we will only get evasive answers. The website is simply customer misleading, just like codesharing booking classes (haven't heard anything sensible anymore from LGA from that....) Shame nobody would take LH to court for this, I bet then they'd improve the site then. Just my 2 pence.
Dear Flyin Dutchman,

your feedback is important to us and I will forward it to my colleagues.

Maria
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 12, 3:28 pm
  #221  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Travelling EMEA
Programs: LH SEN*2
Posts: 798
Booking classes

Dear Lufthansa,

one thing I never have understood with all airlines, why on earth are there so many booking classes out there?!? may be you can help me to understand that, my post is of course referring in part to the recent complaints here on the boards about the booking guarantee restricted to J class, which I find a bid unpractical.

Since you can't choose the booking class if you buy a ticket on-line, and over the SEN hotline its also rather random what you get (in my experience), wouldn't it be easier to just crap most of them, reduce the available booking classes to a very minimum and an amount a human being can manage to understand?

If have seen that there are now de facto 3 distinct different types of b/c classes, J I had only once... To pull an analogue, there was one guy who succeded in a turn around of a major car company, one of the first things he halted was, to reduce the number of personalization options greatly. I mean, if there are only two business classes, one clearly marked as a discounted, one as a normal business class, that would be plenty and enough IMO.

The hassle and annoyment it creates on both sides, comes surely at a price. It will also allow to greatly improve transparency.

I understand that because of "only" 3% margin and this ridicolous tax imposed in Germany, LH has to optimize their balance sheet substancially, that's why I am avoiding for my modest part lounge entrys just to grab a cookie and so on, my hourly rate surpasses most economy flights costs in Europe and I for my part am very delighted about everything what reduces the amount of time and brain ressources I have to allocate to airtravel.

Sincerely,
Bernie

Last edited by Bernie2012; Nov 26, 12 at 3:36 pm
Bernie2012 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 12, 10:04 pm
  #222  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
I can confirm that my colleagues have received the details you've sent us and that means you will definitely be contacted . Our Customer Relations team is currently facing a high number of incoming feedbacks, may I therefore kindly ask you for a little bit more patience?
*bump*

It's now 9 weeks since I got my first feedback reference number. 4 weeks since I got my second. Only 4 1/2 more weeks until we fly. I wonder if I'll be contacted before then ...
Intrugion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 12, 7:11 am
  #223  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Germany
Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Posts: 952
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Hi TheAirman,

while I understand where youíre coming from and also that it can get a bit frustrating to always start from scratch with a new agent, there are of course also advantages to not being assigned to a single agent, such as the possibility of a 24-hours-service.
I will of course gladly contact Miles and More to see if thereís anything I can do to help regarding your case. Would you please send me your Miles & More card number and all relevant information via PM?

Kind regards, Vanessa
Hi Vanessa,

I sent your a PM with all the relevant information. I understand the advantages of no direct contact, but at a certain point it's just necessary

Cheers
TheAirman
TheAirman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 12, 11:03 am
  #224  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 843
Originally Posted by Bernie2012 View Post
Dear Lufthansa,

one thing I never have understood with all airlines, why on earth are there so many booking classes out there?!? may be you can help me to understand that, my post is of course referring in part to the recent complaints here on the boards about the booking guarantee restricted to J class, which I find a bid unpractical.

Since you can't choose the booking class if you buy a ticket on-line, and over the SEN hotline its also rather random what you get (in my experience), wouldn't it be easier to just crap most of them, reduce the available booking classes to a very minimum and an amount a human being can manage to understand?

If have seen that there are now de facto 3 distinct different types of b/c classes, J I had only once... To pull an analogue, there was one guy who succeded in a turn around of a major car company, one of the first things he halted was, to reduce the number of personalization options greatly. I mean, if there are only two business classes, one clearly marked as a discounted, one as a normal business class, that would be plenty and enough IMO.

The hassle and annoyment it creates on both sides, comes surely at a price. It will also allow to greatly improve transparency.

I understand that because of "only" 3% margin and this ridicolous tax imposed in Germany, LH has to optimize their balance sheet substancially, that's why I am avoiding for my modest part lounge entrys just to grab a cookie and so on, my hourly rate surpasses most economy flights costs in Europe and I for my part am very delighted about everything what reduces the amount of time and brain ressources I have to allocate to airtravel.

Sincerely,
Bernie
Hi Bernie2012,

Apparently that is a general prerequisite for airlines! ;-) But when booking online, you can always see the respective fare rules when clicking on the offer. I just tried it for you and saw that it is indeed not possible to select J-Class in the beginning. I will forward this hint to my colleagues from lh.com.

Best.
Stefanie
LufthansaGermanAirlines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 12, 1:03 pm
  #225  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: LEJ BRU
Posts: 949
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Hi Bernie2012,

Apparently that is a general prerequisite for airlines! ;-) But when booking online, you can always see the respective fare rules when clicking on the offer. I just tried it for you and saw that it is indeed not possible to select J-Class in the beginning. I will forward this hint to my colleagues from lh.com.

Best.
Stefanie
Actually BC "J" on LH.com is the most easy to select since you only need to go for the "flexible segment" option.
red star is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread