FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

dtbe Oct 6, 2019 2:36 pm

Hello, are there any new plans to bring back LH wide-bodies to TLV?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 7, 2019 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Vallari (Post 31598017)
Dear fellow flyers,

Are we (I and my wife) the only ones struggling with LH to pay out to agreed flight delay (EU 261/2004) compensation?

As context, we flow already in early July and the return trip from Lisbon via Munich to Helsinki had the first leg delayed beyond us reaching the second leg. We were then rerouted by LH to TAP flight to HEL later that day/night resulting in total delay of 7 hours or so. Such delays do happen but what has followed is getting beyond my comprehension.

I submitted feedback forms/claims from LH website for both of us (we had separate tickets/bookings). The first thing that struck me as somewhat sub-optimal was that there was no acknowledgement from LH of receiving the feedback (this only came after a few days). Then after 8 days my wife receives a reply from LH regretting the delay and offering the standard 400 euro compensation. I receive similar response a few days later.

We submit for both the required details (including the photo of passport with the person in question discusses in at least one other thread). I received the compensation about a month after the flight but now the problems start for my wife's compensation.

I had submitted the above mentioned documents (e.g. boarding passes, which one might guess the airline already sort of had) for both of us from my email, but since we had different bookings it seemed that the LH systems/processes broke down at this point. After this I got an reply that I needed a PoA to act for my wife after which she resent the documents/info from her email. This has now been followed with a numerous emails asking for her passport picture again from both her email and mine, telling me that my compensation can't be paid out (it's already paid out).

Each email seems to be followed by about 1-2 weeks of delay before any response, which then as mentioned above typically makes one feel like being in some sort of Kafka-type world.

It's beginning to be both a matter of principle as well as of course 400 euros already being agreed. We're both flying enough to understand that delays and such inconveniences do happen, but the handling of this and the resulting customer experience just at least to me doesn't really make sense.

Here I was mainly wanting to understand is this the new standard LH (I had a delay with them last year and that was handled very professionally) or are we just being extremely unlucky here.

Best regards,
Jussi Vallinkoski

Hello Jussi,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Kindly send us the feedback ID, so we will try to get further information about your request.

Kind regards,
Sascha

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 7, 2019 5:39 am

Originally Posted by dtbe (Post 31599465)
Hello, are there any new plans to bring back LH wide-bodies to TLV?

Hello dtbe,

for the moment there is no change to wide-body plans planned for flights to Tel-Aviv.

Kind regards,
Sascha

swiss_global Oct 20, 2019 9:19 am

M&M no longer offering tickets to/from BOG?

Since I live in Bogota for part of the year, I regularly used to book award tickets to/from BOG, both on LH and AV.

Now, the M&M webpage no longer offers me to select BOG as origin or destination. Other airports in Colombia are still offered (remarkably none of them is served by LH, in contrast to BOG ...). Why is it no longer possible to book tickets to/from BOG?

cas_de Oct 21, 2019 1:48 am

Originally Posted by swiss_global (Post 31647969)
Since I live in Bogota for part of the year, I regularly used to book award tickets to/from BOG, both on LH and AV.

Now, the M&M webpage no longer offers me to select BOG as origin or destination. Other airports in Colombia are still offered (remarkably none of them is served by LH, in contrast to BOG ...). Why is it no longer possible to book tickets to/from BOG?

See this thread, post 108 and below:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...l#post31648454

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 21, 2019 5:52 am

Originally Posted by swiss_global (Post 31647969)

Dear swiss_global,

thanks for the hint. I have forwarded it to the responsible department.

Best regards,
Jonathan

axelcaroli Oct 24, 2019 7:56 am

Hello,
I have made a trip under my full name, when I have only my spouse name on the M&M card. I did this because going through the USA Border, it makes the whole entry faster and easy.
Unfortunately the miles were not credited.
I went on the site to apply for the miles and had no response.
I decided to call them and they told me my demand was refused and showed me the way to properly ask the miles on the website (which in my opinion is just way too complicated) with attached files (flight tickets + passport).
Following my request I had a mail with a reference number, but after a week nothing appeared.

Let me know if you can do something,

Best

Axel

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 25, 2019 6:09 am

Originally Posted by axelcaroli (Post 31661813)
Hello,
I have made a trip under my full name, when I have only my spouse name on the M&M card. I did this because going through the USA Border, it makes the whole entry faster and easy.
Unfortunately the miles were not credited.
I went on the site to apply for the miles and had no response.
I decided to call them and they told me my demand was refused and showed me the way to properly ask the miles on the website (which in my opinion is just way too complicated) with attached files (flight tickets + passport).
Following my request I had a mail with a reference number, but after a week nothing appeared.

Let me know if you can do something,

Best

Axel

Hello Axel,

sorry to hear that it takes so long. The Miles & More system automatically rejects the creditation whenever the name on the ticket doesn't match the name on the card. As you have already sent the requested documents, your patience is highly appreciated. It might take some two or three weeks until you finally see the creditation in your account.

Best regards,

Markus

Thomas.B Oct 27, 2019 3:37 pm

Dear LH & FlyerTalkers,

I'm writing on behalf of my parents, who have reached a deadlock situation with Lufthansa customer service regarding a compensation. Lufthansa CS representatives are demanding them to provide a 6-digit bank code in order to pay the compensation to their account. However, such 6-digit bank code to our acknowledge does not exist in intra-European transactions (in this case payment would be made to bank in Finland), instead, a SWIFT code + IBAN bank account number is used. Lufthansa was able to make transaction with this information alone to myself just few weeks ago, however in this case which has been ongoing since early September, they keep on demanding that 6-digit bank code and say they're unable to proceed without one. My parents have forwarded this request also to our bank, which is unable to provide such code as they also are not aware what such code is? Also Lufthansa CS is not answering when requested to explain what that code is all about and why are they demanding it for intra-European transaction. This correspondence has been going back and forth for at least 10 emails with no resolution in sight. LH is always sending back the same generic request for the mysterious 6-digit bank code, which no one seems to know about.

They say, that Lufthansa is unable to register recipient bank to their system without this code, however this bank is biggest one in the northern Europe, and I myself am a customer of same bank and few weeks ago Lufthansa was able to make transaction without this said 6-digit bank code. Has anyone else had similar demand from Lufthansa and how have you sorted it?

How should we proceed with this issue when the Lufthansa email-CS representatives are not able/willing to help with this issue? Could you please help or explain the meaning of this 6-digit bank code so we could sort this out?

Kind regards,

-Thomas

Fabo.sk Oct 27, 2019 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Thomas.B (Post 31671995)
Dear LH & FlyerTalkers,

I'm writing on behalf of my parents, who have reached a deadlock situation with Lufthansa customer service regarding a compensation. Lufthansa CS representatives are demanding them to provide a 6-digit bank code in order to pay the compensation to their account. However, such 6-digit bank code to our acknowledge does not exist in intra-European transactions (in this case payment would be made to bank in Finland), instead, a SWIFT code + IBAN bank account number is used. Lufthansa was able to make transaction with this information alone to myself just few weeks ago, however in this case which has been ongoing since early September, they keep on demanding that 6-digit bank code and say they're unable to proceed without one. My parents have forwarded this request also to our bank, which is unable to provide such code as they also are not aware what such code is? Also Lufthansa CS is not answering when requested to explain what that code is all about and why are they demanding it for intra-European transaction. This correspondence has been going back and forth for at least 10 emails with no resolution in sight. LH is always sending back the same generic request for the mysterious 6-digit bank code, which no one seems to know about.

They say, that Lufthansa is unable to register recipient bank to their system without this code, however this bank is biggest one in the northern Europe, and I myself am a customer of same bank and few weeks ago Lufthansa was able to make transaction without this said 6-digit bank code. Has anyone else had similar demand from Lufthansa and how have you sorted it?

How should we proceed with this issue when the Lufthansa email-CS representatives are not able/willing to help with this issue? Could you please help or explain the meaning of this 6-digit bank code so we could sort this out?

Kind regards,

-Thomas

I would send a strongly worded e-mail to the bank that the IBAN-format account number is the only identification required to make a SEPA payment to an account in Eurozone, and to process such a payment without delay, otherwise you will constitute their action a refusal to fulfil their legal obligations, will lodge a complaint with Luftfahrt-Bundesamt and/or appropriate national enforcement bodies in other countries, and consider further legal actions.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 28, 2019 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Thomas.B (Post 31671995)
Dear LH & FlyerTalkers,

Kind regards,

-Thomas

Hi Thomas,
please send me your parents' feedback ID so that we can check with Customer Relations what's going on.
Vanessa

flyinginfuture Oct 30, 2019 2:02 pm

No response from Customer Relations

Hello,

Can you please provide an update on the status of FB ID 33268902? This is regarding compensation that has been agreed to for a baggage incident in July. I have not received any communication from Customer Relations since September 10.

Is there additional info that is required from me? Has it simply been forgotten?

Thank you.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Oct 31, 2019 7:51 am

Originally Posted by flyinginfuture (Post 31683209)
Hello,

Can you please provide an update on the status of FB ID 33268902? This is regarding compensation that has been agreed to for a baggage incident in July. I have not received any communication from Customer Relations since September 10.

Is there additional info that is required from me? Has it simply been forgotten?

Thank you.

Hi flyinginfuture,

sorry for the long wait! I've escalated your claim to Customer Relations and ask them to reply to your last messages. Hopefully, this will do.

Best regards,
Katharina

flyinginfuture Oct 31, 2019 8:28 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 31685736)
Hi flyinginfuture,

sorry for the long wait! I've escalated your claim to Customer Relations and ask them to reply to your last messages. Hopefully, this will do.

Best regards,
Katharina

Thank you so much Katharina! Is there any indication of why there is such a long delay? I would have thought the situation would be handled more quickly considering an offer of compensation had already been agreed to. Any insight or even speculation would be very appreciated.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Nov 1, 2019 7:05 am

Originally Posted by flyinginfuture (Post 31685861)
Thank you so much Katharina! Is there any indication of why there is such a long delay? I would have thought the situation would be handled more quickly considering an offer of compensation had already been agreed to. Any insight or even speculation would be very appreciated.

Hello again, for reasons of data security, we do not receive a detailed insight into Customer Relations cases. Rest assured that Katharina urged the colleagues to get in touch with you the soonest possible. Wishing you a great weekend! Maria