Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Is this all on one ticket or was a separate ticket issued for the KA leg? If the former, Lufthansa will rebook you, if the latter you're on your own and your HKG-MUC-TXL legs will be forfeited if the KA leg is delayed by more than one hour.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: SQ *G, UA *G, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SunshineStay
Is this all on one ticket or was a separate ticket issued for the KA leg? If the former, Lufthansa will rebook you, if the latter you're on your own and your HKG-MUC-TXL legs will be forfeited if the KA leg is delayed by more than one hour.
I bought the entire itinerary at the same time so I assume it's a single ticket.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
If you bought it at an OTA (which the term onlince agency suggests), then that is not naturally the case. You should look at what you have actually bought. For example, does the KA flight have a Lufthansa codeshare number as well? If yes, then that would indicate that you have a single ticket.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:29 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by volutes
Hello,

I recently booked a flight from PVG-HKG-MUC-TXL with an online agency. The PVG-HKG leg is run by KA and the rest is by LH. I didn't realize that the first flight is often delayed by 1-2 hours, and I only have roughly an hour to catch the next flight to MUC. If delay indeed happened, would LH rebook me on another flight on the same day with another airline or the next available flight by LH? And is it likely that I could get a hotel accommodation for the night if LH couldn't rebook me for the same day? Thanks in advance!

Hi volutes,
if KA is the airline that causes the delay and a misconnection, they are responsible to assist with a rebooking.
Vanessa
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: LH FTL
Dear LH online team,
I booked a ticket from your website and id like to cash upgrade a flight from economy to premium economy (ICN-MUC). However when I try to do it online and on your app I get this message :
The current booking situation required a recalculation of upgrade availabilities. Unfortunately, we can no longer offer you an upgrade for a fixed price. We kindly ask for your understanding. You may try to request an upgrade at a later point in time again. (119308)
Then I tried to call an agent and after talking to them I was put on hold for 38 minutes only to be told that the N class is available (which I can also see on your website) but they have no idea why they can't perform the upgrade..
Since N class is available I presume this is a technical glitch.. Could you help me out in any way?
Thanks
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by fanb
Dear LH online team,
I booked a ticket from your website and id like to cash upgrade a flight from economy to premium economy (ICN-MUC). However when I try to do it online and on your app I get this message :

Then I tried to call an agent and after talking to them I was put on hold for 38 minutes only to be told that the N class is available (which I can also see on your website) but they have no idea why they can't perform the upgrade..
Since N class is available I presume this is a technical glitch.. Could you help me out in any way?
Thanks
Hello fanb,
I'm sorry to hear that you're facing difficulties booking an upgrade. I advise you to get in touch with my colleagues from Technical Support, they will be able to verify if this could be a glitch and assist you further. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello fanb,
I'm sorry to hear that you're facing difficulties booking an upgrade. I advise you to get in touch with my colleagues from Technical Support, they will be able to verify if this could be a glitch and assist you further. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Thanks, one more question
If I pay for an extra legroom seat on the longhaul flight but my plusgrade offer to a higher cabin is accepted, could I get a refund for the economy extra legroom seat?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by fanb
Thanks, one more question
If I pay for an extra legroom seat on the longhaul flight but my plusgrade offer to a higher cabin is accepted, could I get a refund for the economy extra legroom seat?

Hello fanb,

if you upgrade to a higer compartment, you will get refunded your seat reservation.

Regards,
Sascha
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM,Marriott platinum,ihg spire
refund question

Dear LH team,

On august 9 I was supposed to fly BRU-FRA-PVG. WHen at the BRU airport, got the message FRA-PVG was cancelled.
was rebooked by the LH staff to BRU-AMS-PVG same day, but then AMS-PVG got cancelled too
was then rebooked again in BRU-SVO-PVG the next day
That flight would get me too late in PVG, so I called the service desk to cancel the whole flight , reservation was an economy flex ticket (M fare) which allows full refund

We're now three weeks later and refund has not come through yet
I called the service desk last week, and they say the status is in progress

Can you let me know how long refunds take ? On other airlines , I get the refund in to weeks time

Thank you
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by erwin123
Dear LH team,

On august 9 I was supposed to fly BRU-FRA-PVG. WHen at the BRU airport, got the message FRA-PVG was cancelled.
was rebooked by the LH staff to BRU-AMS-PVG same day, but then AMS-PVG got cancelled too
That flight would get me too late in PVG, so I called the service desk to cancel the whole flight , reservation was an economy flex ticket (M fare) which allows full refund

Can you let me know how long refunds take ? On other airlines , I get the refund in to weeks time

Thank you
Hello erwin123,
I'm unfortunately unable to provide you with an estimate but, generally, it can take a while until refunded amounts are visible on your statement. My colleagues in the Service Center can verify when the refund has been completely processed; if you would like more information about that, please get in touch with them.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Aug 30, 2019, 4:14 am

Hey all!

I am SQ*G, traveling on Lufthansa the the following flights
LH791 SIN > MUC
LH2428 MUC > GOT (operated by Air Dolomiti)
LH2429 GOT > MUC (operated by Air Dolomiti)
LH790 MUC > SIN

I would like to ask if I would be able to access the Star Gold lounge at MUC and GOT for LH2428/LH2429 respectively?
And if I'd get priority bag tag and access fast track at GOT for LH2429?

Also, would I earn myself miles for these flights?

Last edited by Bryyy; Aug 30, 2019 at 5:49 am
Old Aug 31, 2019, 4:17 am

From what I understand, it's similar to what SQ does (or did?) with Silkair, ie only their own elites get benefits. *G does count for nothing.

edit:Sorry, thought those are proper Air Dolomiti flights. Only for those it's like Silkair. If they're operating as LH "proper", ie not just a codeshare LH, then it's like any *A flight, ie full benefits..

Last edited by YuropFlyer; Sep 1, 2019 at 11:00 am
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
These are wetlease flights operated by EN for LH. No difference to normal flights.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by erwin123
Dear LH team,

Thank you

Hopefully you have received your refund by now.
Else I would contact directly the German Luftfahrt-Bundesamt after maybe one last note to LH, as there is a clear breach of the Regulation here.

Article 8

Right to reimbursement or re-routing

1. Where reference is made to this Article, passengers shall be offered the choice between:

(a) - reimbursement within seven days, by the means provided for in Article 7(3), of the full cost of the ticket at the price at which it was bought, for the part or parts of the journey not made, and for the part or parts already made if the flight is no longer serving any purpose in relation to the passenger's original travel plan, together with, when relevant,
(emphasis mine)

I also think you might be eligible for compensation, depending on the reason for cancellation.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:04 am

Hello,

We bought two Business Class long haul tickets this time last year originating in LHR.
We used the outward bound leg.

When we were about to return to UK in April this year my mil who has long term medical problems deteriorated such that we decided to stay with her as my wife is her Primary Carer.

After some difficulty we managed to postpone our return journey with Lufthansa until the end of September this year which we were told was the latest date we could postpone until. That cost us Eu 250 per person.

Recently my mil has been discharged from hospital after a two week stay and the doctors have told us that she will further deteriorate, but can't give a time line before she passes away.

So we will of course stay with her until she passes away.

As we were told back in April that we will not be able to postpone our return flight further, we wondered if with the extenuating circumstances we might be able to postpone the flight for maybe something up to a further month.

Does anyone especially the Lufthansa Representative have a view on our situation and if there is a possibility of a further postponement how we might best go about it.

We have found that when talking by phone to Lufthansa customer service that some are very helpful others not so. That's a fact not a criticism, as it is the same with any phone calls to large customer service reps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.