Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old May 30, 2018, 6:36 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by FS_FRA
Thanks Heliosa - to date still nothing... I'm told they suspect the baggage tag was torn off; so now the bag will go to some "central warehouse" where they will manually search for it.... not holding my breath. When can I put in a claim for compensation of losses?
Hi FS_FRA,
I'm sorry to hear that your luggage has not been located yet.
Usually, a bag is declared as total loss after 100 days, however, in some cases the case is closed earlier. You will be informed about it by the responsible Lost & Found department.
I recommend you give the a call, they will be able to advise all necessary steps and regulations (0800 808 8010 free of charge from German phone or +49 69 9530 7962, regular German landline number, open Mo-So 08:00-21:00).
Vanessa
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this on, but just in case here goes

I have had two calls with the Miles and More service centre about this - the first call was with someone who asked me for one of my booking numbers "so we can get to the bottom of what exactly is going on here" - but then I was put through to the questionnaire instead. The second person didn't ask for any flight numbers and just said to carry on submitting missing miles requests.

As a BAEC silver now living in Frankfurt, as Frankfurt is now my local airport FTL status would probably be more useful to me than BAEC. So I've switched from flying BA to LHR from FRA, and have been flying to LHR using Lufthansa Group, with layovers at places like Brussels and Zurich. Despite my Miles and More number being on the booking and the ticket showing that I am a Miles and More member, the Lufthansa operated segments from FRA-ZRH / ZRH-FRA and FRA-BRU/BRU-FRA do not show up on my Miles and More account, but the BRU-LHR/LHR-BRU and ZRH-LHR/LHR-ZRH segments operated by Brussels Airlines or Swiss DO show up.

It's hurting my segment count as I should be almost half-way to the magic 30 by now but have got 6 Lufthansa flights missing!

Why would Lufthansa Group segments be posting, but not Lufthansa themselves, on the same booking? I have been checking in to these flights using the Lufthansa app, and can see details of the missing flights on my Lufthansa online account, which is linked to my Miles and More account.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Mackle
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this on, but just in case here goes

I have had two calls with the Miles and More service centre about this - the first call was with someone who asked me for one of my booking numbers "so we can get to the bottom of what exactly is going on here" - but then I was put through to the questionnaire instead. The second person didn't ask for any flight numbers and just said to carry on submitting missing miles requests.

As a BAEC silver now living in Frankfurt, as Frankfurt is now my local airport FTL status would probably be more useful to me than BAEC. So I've switched from flying BA to LHR from FRA, and have been flying to LHR using Lufthansa Group, with layovers at places like Brussels and Zurich. Despite my Miles and More number being on the booking and the ticket showing that I am a Miles and More member, the Lufthansa operated segments from FRA-ZRH / ZRH-FRA and FRA-BRU/BRU-FRA do not show up on my Miles and More account, but the BRU-LHR/LHR-BRU and ZRH-LHR/LHR-ZRH segments operated by Brussels Airlines or Swiss DO show up.

It's hurting my segment count as I should be almost half-way to the magic 30 by now but have got 6 Lufthansa flights missing!

Why would Lufthansa Group segments be posting, but not Lufthansa themselves, on the same booking? I have been checking in to these flights using the Lufthansa app, and can see details of the missing flights on my Lufthansa online account, which is linked to my Miles and More account.
Hello Mackle, it may take up to 14 days - after your flights have been completed - until the respective miles show up on your account. If the 2 weeks have passed, you may request the miles retroactively I hope this helps! Regards, Maria
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Angry

Originally Posted by Justinus
Last month I had to cancel two LH business class flights ex-Africa right after booking. Both were cancelled within 24 hours from the booking and I immediately booked new flights instead of these. In both cases my European credit cards were charged in USD and I did receive a confirmation email from LH stating "your flights have been cancelled" etc.

Now several weeks have passed since the cancellation and the money has not been returned to my credit cards. LH website states that this should happen within 2-3 days for bookings in EUR and as soon as possible also for bookings in other currencies. Why on earth is LH withholding my money for several weeks? In order to wait for a more advantageous exchange rate for USD-EUR?

I did email the LH customer service (a bit difficult to call ex-Africa) and received only a "case number" for the second booking. Since then nothing has happened. This truly sucks!
I just feel obliged to report here that LH has done absolutely nothing with regard to my case here described. I have been in contact with the LH staff three times through private messages and I have called the LH customer service in Frankfurt for more than two weeks ago.

The funny thing is that I was about to change my business from OW to *A - mainly to LH - and these were my first cancellations... On the other hand I managed to cancel an intra-European flight and got the refund automatically within a few hours.

Sorry to say, but do not believe in the assurances given by LH staff in this forum! My flights were cancelled at the beginning of April and LH is still withholding my money.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, Etihad-G, BA-S, GHA-Black, HH-Diamond, PC-Plat, SPG+Marriot-G.
C'on LH, you can do better.

Originally Posted by fra_muc
I did, and they confimed it is a known error of the system: so whenever LH cancels my flights, LH uses the old rules and credits fewer miles; and I have to contact M&M in every instance to have that corrected.
After two weeks, or so, I got a reponse back from M&M
Ihre Flugdaten vom *** haben wir zur Prfung an unseren Partner bermittelt. Dieser Vorgang kann etwas Zeit in Anspruch nehmen. Deshalb bitten wir Sie um ein wenig Geduld. Sobald wir Rckmeldung erhalten, informieren wir Sie direkt auf Ihrem Kontoauszug oder benachrichtigen Sie schriftlich.

Which translates to: we (M&M GmbH) asked LH AG, our mother ship, but did not get any response. Please wait an indefinite time, and (i) you might be contacted or (ii) might discover a correction or (iii) you might never get a response. So, we did a mistake, but we don't commit to the when if and how we are going to fix this. C'on LH, you can do better.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Justinus
I just feel obliged to report here that LH has done absolutely nothing with regard to my case here described. I have been in contact with the LH staff three times through private messages and I have called the LH customer service in Frankfurt for more than two weeks ago.

The funny thing is that I was about to change my business from OW to *A - mainly to LH - and these were my first cancellations... On the other hand I managed to cancel an intra-European flight and got the refund automatically within a few hours.

Sorry to say, but do not believe in the assurances given by LH staff in this forum! My flights were cancelled at the beginning of April and LH is still withholding my money.
Hello Justinus,

as promised you, my colleagues forwarded your enquiry to the responsible department, but kindly understand that we dont have influence to the handling time of your refund.

Best regards,
Roman
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: mileage plus
Hi,

Is there a way to remove earned miles from my account? I mistakenly listed both a United MP Account and Miles & More account for my most recent flight. The miles were credited to my miles & more account, when I originally wanted them to be earned into my United MP Account.

I know a direct transfer is not allowed, but can these miles be "unearned?"
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Kerry Kittles
Hi,

Is there a way to remove earned miles from my account? I mistakenly listed both a United MP Account and Miles & More account for my most recent flight. The miles were credited to my miles & more account, when I originally wanted them to be earned into my United MP Account.

I know a direct transfer is not allowed, but can these miles be "unearned?"
Hi Kerry,

I'm sorry but the "unearning" of miles is not possible and a re-credit cannot be proceeded. Please keep that in mind for your next flight booking. You need to decide on one frequent flyer account, before you have the respective customer number added to the reservation.

Best, Katharina
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: MP, MM, HH Diamond
Hello,

I tried calling the Lufthansa number today to check the status on a refund. I was told they can no longer look up my refund because the booking code is now archived and was given the following number: "(516)296-9650". When I called this number to check my refund status, it tells me this is a voicemail number only and not an actual customer care representative that could assist me.

Who can I contact to check the status of my refund and see why it's still not showing up? Obviously not (516)296-9650 nor (800)645-3880!

Thanks..
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: NWA Plat
@LufthansaGermanAirlines

I am trying to register Miles and More online. Used mulitiple computers and mobiles in the past week but everytime I got an error message saying "Your registration could not be completed at this time for technical reasons. Please try again later."

I believe there may be a system glitch on your end. Could you please check ? Thanks.

Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:01 am

Hello behtyas, Sorry for the trouble. Please send us your booking code via PM. Regards, Maria
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by 300D
@LufthansaGermanAirlines

I am trying to register Miles and More online. Used mulitiple computers and mobiles in the past week but everytime I got an error message saying "Your registration could not be completed at this time for technical reasons. Please try again later."

I believe there may be a system glitch on your end. Could you please check ? Thanks.

Hello 300D, we are indeed currently experiencing technical difficulties with the online enrolment. The colleagues are already working on this. Sorry for the inconvenience caused! Regards, Maria
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers,
it seems the discounted business fares published by Air India in booking class 'J' are not listed on the M&M accrual page, which was last updated in 2014. Can you check with the M&M team if an Air India flight booked in 'J' earns any miles with M&M?

Thanks in advance

Oliver
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear Lurkers,
it seems the discounted business fares published by Air India in booking class 'J' are not listed on the M&M accrual page, which was last updated in 2014. Can you check with the M&M team if an Air India flight booked in 'J' earns any miles with M&M?

Thanks in advance

Oliver

Dear Oliver,

thank you for your note & question. I forwarded your post for clarificaton and we will get back to you with the info ASAP. You are also welcome to contact the Miles and More service team directly, at any time during their opening hours.

Many regards, Nigjar
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: NWA Plat
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello 300D, we are indeed currently experiencing technical difficulties with the online enrolment. The colleagues are already working on this. Sorry for the inconvenience caused! Regards, Maria
Hi Lucker, still not able to register M&M online. It has been almost three weeks since my first try. Can you get me more update? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.