Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi chris63,
thank you, I will forward this to the responsible department.
Vanessa
Thank you Vanessa, your colleagues finally got around to updating the F Wine list today, here’s hoping they will become the responsible department 😊
Old May 8, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: MP, MM, HH Diamond
Hi behtyas,
our colleagues from the relevant department want to look into this more closely, would you please send us your booking code via DM? Thanks.
Vanessa
Sure, will do. Thank you!
Old May 9, 2018, 6:02 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by behtyas

Sure, will do. Thank you!
Hello behtyas,

I received your booking code and forwarded it to the responsible department. As soon as I get an answer I will come back to you.

Roman
Old May 10, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Angry LH withholding my money

Last month I had to cancel two LH business class flights ex-Africa right after booking. Both were cancelled within 24 hours from the booking and I immediately booked new flights instead of these. In both cases my European credit cards were charged in USD and I did receive a confirmation email from LH stating "your flights have been cancelled" etc.

Now several weeks have passed since the cancellation and the money has not been returned to my credit cards. LH website states that this should happen within 2-3 days for bookings in EUR and as soon as possible also for bookings in other currencies. Why on earth is LH withholding my money for several weeks? In order to wait for a more advantageous exchange rate for USD-EUR?

I did email the LH customer service (a bit difficult to call ex-Africa) and received only a "case number" for the second booking. Since then nothing has happened. This truly sucks!

Last edited by Justinus; May 10, 2018 at 2:50 am
Old May 10, 2018, 6:49 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Wrong forum.

Last edited by htb; May 12, 2018 at 8:26 pm Reason: Wrong Forum.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Justinus
Last month I had to cancel two LH business class flights ex-Africa right after booking. Both were cancelled within 24 hours from the booking and I immediately booked new flights instead of these. In both cases my European credit cards were charged in USD and I did receive a confirmation email from LH stating "your flights have been cancelled" etc.

Now several weeks have passed since the cancellation and the money has not been returned to my credit cards. LH website states that this should happen within 2-3 days for bookings in EUR and as soon as possible also for bookings in other currencies. Why on earth is LH withholding my money for several weeks? In order to wait for a more advantageous exchange rate for USD-EUR?

I did email the LH customer service (a bit difficult to call ex-Africa) and received only a "case number" for the second booking. Since then nothing has happened. This truly sucks!

Hello Justinus,
I'm sorry that the refund takes so long. If you send us your booking codes as PM then I will get in touch with my colleagues in the Service Center for you and ask them to check the refund status.
By the way: I assume that you have emailed Customer Relations and received a feedback ID from them. They are not the correct contact in this situation as they only handle feedback about past flight experiences. That's why I recommend that you call our Service Center instead in similar situations. You can find here our worldwide contacts which also include phone numbers in Africa.
Jens
Old May 13, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: LH-SEN, BA-G, HH-Diamond, PC-Diamond, Marriot-G
Question Flight cancelled. Rebooked. Fewer premium miles.

In the past few weeks, LH cancelled serveral of my flights, the rebooked me.

What I have been noticing is that premium miles "switched back" to the old rules, presumably because there was "no price". attached to the news flight.
Given that the old rules equate to fewer miles, this is a bit like adding injury (bumped) to injury (fewer miles).

Is that a bug or a feature? (Sorry: searched, but did not find a post on this).
Old May 14, 2018, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by fra_muc
In the past few weeks, LH cancelled serveral of my flights, the rebooked me.

What I have been noticing is that premium miles "switched back" to the old rules, presumably because there was "no price". attached to the news flight.
Given that the old rules equate to fewer miles, this is a bit like adding injury (bumped) to injury (fewer miles).

Is that a bug or a feature? (Sorry: searched, but did not find a post on this).

Hello fra_muc,
please contact my colleagues of Miles & More. They can check what has happened by checking all your details.
Jens
Old May 15, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, Lufthansa FTL, KrisFlyer Gold, HHonors Diamond
I have been trying to get miles (and the vital flight segment) credited for a flight TRN-MUC two months ago. Miles & More e-mailed me around 6 weeks ago and asked me to send them my passenger receipts (husband is also missing the miles and flight segments) and boarding passes (mobile ones in this case, which I turned into a PDF). I have now forwarded these documents THREE times by e-mail and once using their online upload function. My husband called the hotline just over a week ago and was told someone would investigate and get back to us - and still NOTHING.

I strongly suspect there is some sort of issue with my mileage account (also because my flight MUC-MEX over a week ago has still not been credited to my M&M account - rather unusual), but I can't do anything until someone gets in touch with me.

I tried a Twitter complaint (this used to be the only way of getting British Airways to respond) and was just told to "contact Miles & More". How on earth do I get M&M to respond to me?

I'm really disappointed by how difficult this process is proving to be. It's hardly the most complicated issue. I switched to LH from BA two years ago in the hope of better service and I am a very loyal customer (more than 30 flight segments a year, a considerable proportion of them in Business Class, all of them paid for myself), so it's all the more frustrating to be ignored.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: MP, MM, HH Diamond
Hello behtyas,

I received your booking code and forwarded it to the responsible department. As soon as I get an answer I will come back to you.

Roman
Hi Roman, was there any feedback yet?
Old May 16, 2018, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by angelats
I have been trying to get miles (and the vital flight segment) credited for a flight TRN-MUC two months ago. Miles & More e-mailed me around 6 weeks ago and asked me to send them my passenger receipts (husband is also missing the miles and flight segments) and boarding passes (mobile ones in this case, which I turned into a PDF). I have now forwarded these documents THREE times by e-mail and once using their online upload function. My husband called the hotline just over a week ago and was told someone would investigate and get back to us - and still NOTHING.

I strongly suspect there is some sort of issue with my mileage account (also because my flight MUC-MEX over a week ago has still not been credited to my M&M account - rather unusual), but I can't do anything until someone gets in touch with me.

I tried a Twitter complaint (this used to be the only way of getting British Airways to respond) and was just told to "contact Miles & More". How on earth do I get M&M to respond to me?

I'm really disappointed by how difficult this process is proving to be. It's hardly the most complicated issue. I switched to LH from BA two years ago in the hope of better service and I am a very loyal customer (more than 30 flight segments a year, a considerable proportion of them in Business Class, all of them paid for myself), so it's all the more frustrating to be ignored.

Hello angelats,
I'm sorry to hear about the struggle with the mileage crediting. If you sent us via PM your details then I will get in touch with Miles & More for you.
Jens
Old May 16, 2018, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by behtyas
Hi Roman, was there any feedback yet?

Hello behtyas,
we did forward your case but we didn't receive any feedback regarding the change of the FAQ yet. We will let your know as soon as we know more if and when it will be adjusted.
Jens
Old May 16, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, Lufthansa FTL, KrisFlyer Gold, HHonors Diamond
Thanks! I've sent you all of the details via PM. Fingers crossed!
Old May 17, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Hi lurkers,

Just a quick one from me: could you possibly tell me what the telephone booking fee would be for a one-way intra-EU fare in D class originating in Ireland but booked from Germany? It would have to be booked on the phone, as one can't select specific booking classes online. I've searched your website like crazy but can't find this information anywhere.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 17, 2018, 3:22 am

Smile

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Hi lurkers,

Just a quick one from me: could you possibly tell me what the telephone booking fee would be for a one-way intra-EU fare in D class originating in Ireland but booked from Germany? It would have to be booked on the phone, as one can't select specific booking classes online. I've searched your website like crazy but can't find this information anywhere.

Thanks in advance!
Hi gpb_croppers63,

no reason to turn crazy. The offline service charge for tickets within Europe, booked in Germany, is EUR30 (worldwide EUR45). It doesn't matter what booking class you choose or whether the flight is booked as a oneway or roundtrip.

Best regards, Katharina

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.