Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old Jan 19, 17, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by foxy1 View Post
Hi
we are flying from BHX to AkL via Frankfurt and Hong Kong on Saturday our flight is with LH code share AirNZ for the Hong Kong to Akl leg. My question is are we going to be able to check-in for all legs in BHX or do we have to get boarding passes in HKG for the AirNZ flight. We have a very tight 70 min transfer in HGK so i really hope we can do it all at the start.

many thanks Ruth
if you're BHX flight is on LH (or a star alliance partner) then you should be able to check bags all the way through. You should also be able to get you BPs in BHX for the entire trip. Worst case is getting the rest of your BPs in FRA for HKG-AKL.
Old Jan 20, 17, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer View Post
if you're BHX flight is on LH (or a star alliance partner) then you should be able to check bags all the way through. You should also be able to get you BPs in BHX for the entire trip. Worst case is getting the rest of your BPs in FRA for HKG-AKL.
our flight from BHX is with LH i am just a bit worried as we have very limited time HKG to catch our AirNZ flight i wasnt sure that the 70 mins would enough if we had to get Bps issued there.
Old Jan 20, 17, 8:13 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by foxy1 View Post
our flight from BHX is with LH i am just a bit worried as we have very limited time HKG to catch our AirNZ flight i wasnt sure that the 70 mins would enough if we had to get Bps issued there.

Hello foxy1,

if all your flights are issued on the same booking, a through check-in should not be a problem. Should the flights be issued on separate tickets, my colleagues in BHX will advise you. A through check-in should be able to be carried out, provided that you do not require any special service requests or restrictive handling. Should my colleagues at the airport not be able to check your luggage through to your destination, you will be advised accordingly.

Wishing you a pleasant flight!

Best regards,
Isabell
Old Jan 22, 17, 6:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, AZ CFA
Dear LH lurker,
I just booked an award flight for my wife and a friend to London from TRN via FRA in Eco.
Since I have 2 e-vouchers to waste I would upgrade both of them to Biz on TRN-FRA sector to let them have a breakfast in lounge and on board.
I can't upgrade them on line, how shall I do?
Details of booking available in private messaging.
Thanks a lot.
Old Jan 23, 17, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by I.CRIS View Post
Dear LH lurker,
I just booked an award flight for my wife and a friend to London from TRN via FRA in Eco.
Since I have 2 e-vouchers to waste I would upgrade both of them to Biz on TRN-FRA sector to let them have a breakfast in lounge and on board.
Thanks a lot.
Dear I.CRIS, in this case, please give your Miles & More Service Team a call. The colleagues there will be able to verify the availabilty for upgrades on the respective flight. Regards, Maria
Old Jan 23, 17, 9:53 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Originally Posted by I.CRIS View Post
Dear LH lurker,
Thanks a lot.
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Dear I.CRIS, in this case, please give your Miles & More Service Team a call. The colleagues there will be able to verify the availabilty for upgrades on the respective flight. Regards, Maria
Sorry to interrupt but according to I.CRIS this is an award booking and therefore cannot be upgraded with eVouchers.
Old Jan 24, 17, 12:35 am

Talking

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Hi I.CRIS, NewBieRunner is of course right. It is not possible to upgrade an award flight with e-vouchers. Regards, Maria
Old Jan 24, 17, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Sorry to interrupt but according to I.CRIS this is an award booking and therefore cannot be upgraded with eVouchers.
Dear NewbieRunner, Thanks for interrupting and paying attention! I simply overread the "award" in "award flight". #MyBad #Sorry
Old Feb 3, 17, 6:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers,
A SEN with just asked if he could have a new set of SEN luggage tags, since his old ones (from 3 years ago)are rather torn. He got this strange response:

Subject: Ihr Feedback an Lufthansa, FB ID 30848236

Sehr geehrter Herr xxxx,

vielen Dank für Ihr Schreiben vom 28. Januar.

Gern würden wir Sie mit der Zusendung der gewünschten Kofferanhänger unterstützen. Sie können sich sicher vorstellen, dass wir täglich viele ähnliche Anfragen erhalten. Daher können wir Ihrem Wunsch leider nicht nachkommen.
So gern wir auch jedes Anliegen berücksichtigen möchten, übersteigt es doch unsere Möglichkeiten, all diesen Bitten zu entsprechen.

Wir bitten hierfür um Ihr Verständnis.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
i.V. Maria S
What kind of answer is that? I thought you could ask for new SEN luggage tags every 2-3 years?
Old Feb 3, 17, 6:10 am
Suspended

Maybe he has to buy them off eBay. Currently for sale a HON tag with three stars.
Old Feb 3, 17, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Dear Lurkers,
A SEN with just asked if he could have a new set of SEN luggage tags, since his old ones (from 3 years ago)are rather torn. He got this strange response:

What kind of answer is that? I thought you could ask for new SEN luggage tags every 2-3 years?
Hi Oliver,
indeed, that's a strange reply.
It's always possible to re-order your luggage tags if you lost them or if the broke…
I recommend your friend calls his Senator Service, they will be able to request tags for him.
Vanessa
Old Feb 10, 17, 3:35 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Dear LH,
I have a skyteam ticket with LH feeders inside Germany (to FRA). Of course, I would like to earn M/M for the LH flights and Delta Skymiles for the Skyteam flight.
I am sure that luggage will be interlined and bording passes issued at the first German airport. But, what about frequent flyer numbers? Will the agent at baggage drop off (or the machine/gate staff...) be able to enter the right numbers for the right segments? What happens when I check in online at lufthansa.de (will I get my bording pass for the connecting skyteam flights online from LH as well or do I need to check in online for the skyteam segments?)
Old Feb 10, 17, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by mith View Post
Dear LH,
I have a skyteam ticket with LH feeders inside Germany (to FRA). Of course, I would like to earn M/M for the LH flights and Delta Skymiles for the Skyteam flight.
I am sure that luggage will be interlined and bording passes issued at the first German airport. But, what about frequent flyer numbers? Will the agent at baggage drop off (or the machine/gate staff...) be able to enter the right numbers for the right segments? What happens when I check in online at lufthansa.de (will I get my bording pass for the connecting skyteam flights online from LH as well or do I need to check in online for the skyteam segments?)
Hi mith,

please understand that I can't comment on the procedure of the Skyteam's airline that issued your ticket. If booked with Lufthansa, miles are generally credited to the program whose frequent flyer card no. was lastly added to the flight booking. I would suggest that you get back in touch with the issuing airline to find out how they will proceed and if it's possible to split mileage for individual flights in the booking between different programs. In regards to your question about lh.com's check-in process, yes, you should be able to print out all boarding passes, if the online system allows for a through-check. If all flights in question are booked in a single booking (=one ticket), that, generally, is the case.

Best, Katharina
Old Feb 13, 17, 10:18 pm

Programs: SU Gold, TK Gold
Originally Posted by mith View Post
I am sure that luggage will be interlined and bording passes issued at the first German airport. But, what about frequent flyer numbers? Will the agent at baggage drop off (or the machine/gate staff...) be able to enter the right numbers for the right segments?
You might want to skip entering any FF numbers before and during the flight, and just use retro-crediting in both programs for corresponding flights.
All that only if flight with Skyteam-issued ticket is eligible for crediting miles in M&M in the first place.
Old Feb 21, 17, 8:30 am

Hello,

On January 9th, I was unfortunate enough to have two separate reasons for complaint within the LH Group.

I filed a complaint about my first flight with Swiss and got a response within a week - even a complimentary box of chocolates (really nice stuff!) sent to my home.

On contrary, my LH complaint has not been answered at all. This is over a month ago.

My swiss chocolates are almost empty (pic attached) and as no one is getting back to me to my original complaint I now wanted to check here as a last resort, knowing that the Lurkers at least read the feedback in this thread. My "Vorgangsnummer" is 3576022 - Help!

Search this Thread